Chapter 2 - Lost and Found

Post-it!
Korean Vocabulary:    
Unni - older sister/friend Oppa - older brother/friend Anniyo/Anni - no
Geunyang - just Jjeseonghamnida - sincerely sorry Majayo - that's right
Chincha - really Waegurae - why are you like this Waeyo - why
Aigoo - my goodness Shireo/Shireoyo - I don't want  

“Which is the best We Got Married couple?” Eunjoo asked me out of the blue. We’re sitting at the library sneaking food in our mouths. We prefer the library over the cafeteria, so we come here often during lunch breaks.

“The latest or all time favourite?” I confirmed before taking a bite of my sandwich inside my bag.

“Hmm . . . latest,” Eunjoo decided.

“Khuntoria,” I answered without hesitation.

“I agree,” Eunjoo nodded her head.

“Ehh, what about the Adam couple?” Miyoung barged in, took down her backpack from her shoulders and sat herself on the seat in front of me.

“We were talking about the latest couples who are still on WGM,” I informed her.

“Oh,” she replied, “but really, Ga In unni and Jo Kwon oppa are the best. They had the longest running of episodes!”

“We know that!” Eunjoo told her as she munches on her crackers.

“Ah! Jihye-yah. I’ve heard things,” Miyoung whispered.

“Like what?” When it comes to gossip, she’s updated on everything.

“This girl told me that she saw you talking to a guy two days ago,” she answered.

“Really? Who is this? Jihye-yah you’ve been going out with a guy and you never told us?!” Eunjoo talked breathlessly.

“ANNIYO!” I burst out, “I’m not going out with anyone! Geunyang–”

“Yah, can you all shut up? You’re bothering everyone.”

 All three of us stood up and turned to the person who just complained.

 Omo! My eyes widened, it’s him again!

 “Jjeseonghamnida,” Eunjoo bowed to the jerk sitting down, Miyoung followed.

“Psst, Jihye-yah,” Miyoung whispered to me, gesturing me to bow too. I realized that I was just standing there. Pursing my lips, I reluctantly bowed to him.

“Hey, you were the one who bumped into me before,” he said while rocking his chair back and forth. He remembers me now? Oh . What if he recognizes me from the bus accident? Don’t worry, just play it cool.

“So what?” I told him, my arms folded. 

“I should have known,” he replied, standing up from his chair.

“What is that suppose to mean?!” My eyebrows knitted together.

“You wouldn’t understand,” he smirked at me before heading off.

“Tsk, wouldn’t understand. Aish, chincha. Why are you always walking out first? Afraid that you might lose to me huh,” I hissed as I sat myself down again.

“Jihye-yah, how'd you know Lee Taemin?!” Miyoung enthusiastically asked me. 

“Ahh, so that’s that jerk’s name.”

“Is he the guy you’re going out with?” Eunjoo questioned.

“No! It’s not him–I mean,” I sighed, “I. Am. NOT. Going out with anyone!”

“Then how do you know him?” Miyoung asked wide-eyed completely interested.

“It’s nothing. I just caused him to fall down from the bus, this one time . . .”

“Eh?! No wonder he looked so mad at you,” she nodded in realization.

“Anni, I don’t even think he remembers me at that time. He’s just really really arrogant. That jerk said I have an empty head just because I bumped into him yesterday,” I told them.

“Well, he’s not wrong.”

“Eunjoo-yah! Waegurae?! You’re supposed to be on my side,” I sulked.

“Hey, I didn’t mean it that way. You know that you’re not that smart either.”

“Majayo,” Miyoung added.               

“Well, I know that,” I groaned, “can we just forget about him?”

“Okay let’s talk about guy number 1 instead of guy number 2,” Eunjoo brought up.

“Wait, are you suggesting that Lee Taemin is another contestant?” Miyoung asked Eunjoo. Contestants for what exactly???

“Right!” Eunjoo replied enthusiastically.

“Really?! Yay!” Miyoung cheered on softly.

“Wait, what is going on?” I asked them obliviously.

“Lee Taemin is guy number 2,” Eunjoo told me.

“What do you mean by contestant? And why are you calling Taemin guy number 2?”  I am so confused.

”They’re candidates for the position of being your boyfriend,” Miyoung replied, “Jihye-yah! Why are you so slow?”

“So what if I am? And I don’t need this!” I waved my arms dramatically. Hopefully they get it.

“Yes you do! You’ve never went out with any guy before, therefore we’re helping you!” Eunjoo argued. Miyoung just nodded along. Aigoo.

“So tell us about guy number 1,” Eunjoo drummed on the table, “is he cute?”

“Wait, forget that. Is he hot?!”  Miyoung asked too.

“No way am I telling you anything,” I crossed my arms in rebellion.

“Tell us Jihye-yah~! We want to help,” Miyoung grumbled.

I just shrugged and looked around, trying very hard to ignore them. I don’t need a boyfriend? Waegurae?! Why are they always like this? It’s not like it’s a sin to be dateless. Wait, what’s that?

A white, rectangular object caught my eye. I stood from my seat and started heading off. Of course, I went to go get it.

“Jihye, where are you going?” Eunjoo called out after me. 

“Wait a sec,” I told them as I headed to the other table. Since both of them are equally as nosy, they just followed.

Hey, it’s an ipod. I grabbed the lost item and inspected it. The screen is blank.

“Eunjoo-yah, how do you open this?” I looked at her.

She shook her head and snatched the thing from my hand, “why are you so technically challenged?”

“Well sorry for never getting a hold of one before,” I retorted and looked over. I’m serious! I don’t even own a cellphone.

“Hmm, it doesn’t have give a hint of who it belongs to,” Miyoung stated.

“We need the password if we need to know,” I happily pointed out noticing the numbers on the screen.

“Yah, don’t grin like you’ve solved world hunger. Don’t you remember that Lee Taemin was sitting here just awhile ago?”

“Ah! That's true!” Miyoung responded as I figured it out as well. Way to burst my bubble, Eunjoo-yah.

“You do realize that you have to return this to him,” Eunjoo looked at me, her eyebrows going up and down. Wait what?!

“H-hold on! Why me? You know I have an issue with him,” I told her.

“But he knows you,” Miyoung pointed to her and Eunjoo, “while he has absolutely no clue who we are.”

“Besides, you found the ipod yourself. So that makes you the one responsible,” Eunjoo added, grinning with delight.

Shireoyo!” I refused to acknowledge their points. So what if I found it first?!

“Well you have no choice now~,” Miyoung said as she quickly placed the ipod from Eunjoo’s hands to mine, grabbed Eunjoo’s hand and then made a run for it.  

“YAH!” I yelled out. Instead of stopping the two from getting away, I received some nasty ssshh’s and mean looks from the people in the room.

“Aissh,”I don’t think they’re helping right now. They’re even causing more problems for me! I bowed to the other students multiple times in apology. Then I headed back to the table and let myself collapse on the chair.

“Shireo,” I mumbled as I look at the ipod in between my hands.


Hey there!  

 Yeah you!!! Haha. 

Hope you liked this chapter :D

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated!