Chapter 3 - Stubborn Friends

Post-it!
Korean Vocabulary:    
Annyeong - hi/hello/goodbye Yeogi - here Waeyo - why
Anniyo - no Chincha/Jeongmal - really Chalga - goodbye/take care                              

I patiently waited for Lee Taemin to come by at lunch. I think my friends have been avoiding me; I haven’t seen them ever since they made a run for it.

“I bet they wouldn’t show up until I give it to him, but how do they even know I haven’t done it?”

I looked around, where is that idiot anyways? I took a deep sigh.

“Jihye-ssi?”

“Ah, annyeong Minhyuk-ssi!” I greeted him. He smiled in return.

“Annyeong! I’ve figured I’d see you here. Here sit,” he gestured me to sit as he pulls a chair for me.

“Thank you,” I shyly said. He just smiled his bright smile.

After placing my books on the table, I watched as he quickly rummages through his bag. “Ahh! Found it!” I heard him exclaimed.

“Yeogi!” Minhyuk reveals a bottle of banana milk and hands it to me.

“You didn’t have to do this,” I reached for the cold drink.

“I know but I wanted to. I want to be friends with Jihye-ssi!”

I feel my face heating up. You want to be friends with me? “Waeyo?”

He pouted, “You don’t like me?”

“A-a-anniyo! It’s not that. Why . . . do you want to be friends with me?” I pointed to myself.

“It’s because I like you of course!” I blinked at him. Direct confession is new to me.

“Chincha?” My eyebrows knitted together. He immediately bobbed his head.

“ . . . O-okay then,” I said.

I just realized that my hands were on the table as he reached to hold them, “Really?! You’re willing to be my friend?”

I quickly blinked in response, and then clumsily nodded.

“Jihye-yah!”

“Eunjoo! Miyoung!” I quickly slipped my hands out of his and stood up to meet with them.

“Is that guy number 1?!” Miyoung immediately pointed at him.

“Yah yah, don’t point!” I told her off, and checked on him. Good thing this other guy started talking to him, too.

“Omo! He’s adorable,” Eunjoo added.

“Ssh! You guys are too loud! He might hear you,” I whispered, exasperated by the way they are acting right now. Sometimes they can be really too much.

“Introduce us!” Eunjoo nudged me by the arm. Miyoung nodded in agreement.

I looked at them horrified, “No! You’re going to embarrass me.”

“Introduce us!” She continued insisting.

“I said no~,” I stood firm.

“Fine then,” Miyoung stated as she made her way to Minhyuk.

“Yah!” I hissed, “come back here!”

“Too late,” Eunjoo stated as she headed to the table too. I just shook my head and sulkily followed.

“Really? You play the drums? That’s soo cool!–Yah Jihye, Minhyuk is really nice!” Miyoungie, I’m completely aware of that.

“Minhyuk-ssi, this is Choi Eunjoo and you’ve met Shin Miyoung,” I gestured to both of them.

“It’s nice to meet you both,” he smiled cheerfully.

“Hey, don’t you have somewhere to go to?” I asked him behind my two friends. I placed my hands together and looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping that he realize that I need him to leave now to spare me from the embarrassment that these two will cause.

“Ah! Yes, I need to go to my class quickly. I need to hand in this assignment that was due yesterday,” he gave me a knowing look, and then quickly looked back to the two.

“Really? Well see you next time~!” Miyoung waved at him. Eunjoo acknowledged him by nodding.

“Chalga! Bye Miyoung, Eunjoo!” Minhyuk waved back to them then beamed at me, “see you Jihye-yah.”

“Annyeong,” I responded.

After I was sure Minhyuk was far ahead, I turned to these two. 

“Yaah!”

“What?” Eunjoo casually replied and grabbed the chair beside Miyoung.

“We didn’t do anything,” Miyoung blinked innocently.

“Aigoo, if you two weren’t my friends. Really,” I suddenly remembered something, “by the way. Are you guys avoiding me?!”

“Anni! We weren’t avoiding you,” Eunjoo responded.

“In fact, we’ve been following you around,” Miyoung added, “what’s taking you so long?” I guess she’s referring to the ipod thing.

“He hasn’t shown up, so what else can I do? And why in the world would both of you stalk me instead of returning it with me?”

“Because we want to observe how you and Taemin interact,” Miyoung explained.

“It’s all research,” Eunjoo smiled contently. Research?! Jeongmal. I glared at them.

“Don’t worry,” Eunjoo waved her hand, “after this crucial part of our project, you’ll finally have a boyfriend!”

“Aren’t you all giddy with excitement?” Miyoung asked me.

Not at all. Actually, I’m feeling the complete opposite. 


What'd you think of her friends?! A bit crazy don't ya think? ^^