Chapter two

Soul Mate

Your P.O.V

 

The day before his departure, we had spent the whole day together.

“_______-ah, wake up. Dongwoon’s here now!” My mom told me.

“WHAT!? Mom, I thought I told you to wake me up earlier so I can get ready! Why didn’t you wake me up at……oh wait, it’s only 7 in the morning. What is he doing here so early?”

“He said he wanted to spend as much time with you as he can before he leaves.”

“Okay, tell him I’ll be down there in 5 minutes.”

 

5 minutes later

 

As I slowly walk down the stairs, I can see a handsome face sitting at our dining table, waiting for me.

When did Dongwoon oppa get so handsome?

“Dongwoon oppa, why did you come so early? I’m not ready yet.” I pouted.

“Aigo, I just want to spend my last day with my best friend as long as I can. Is that wrong?”

“No it’s not, but you should’ve at least warned me before you do so. I need at least 30 minutes to get ready and leave.” I told him.

“Well, take as long as you need, I’m not going anywhere.” He smiled.

 

While I was eating my breakfast, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. It wasn’t uncomfortable, but it felt weird.

“Why are you staring at me?” I ask Dongwoon since he’s the only person in the dining room.

“Oh nothing, I just thought you look really cute when you eat. Like a puppy that hasn’t eaten the whole day that’s all.”

“Yah, that is not a good compliment at all. Do I really look like that when I eat?” I asked him.

“No, I was just kidding.” He gave me his big smile.

Since he never took his eyes off me, I decided to just not eat anymore and walk back to my room and get ready to leave.

“Oppa, give me 30 minutes and I will be ready and leave.”

“Alright, take your time.”

 

 

I wonder what he is going to be taking us today. Though that really isn’t very important.  As long as I spend this whole day with him only.

I took and shower and got dressed really quickly.

I got to at least look good on his last day. So I picked the perfect outfit and went downstairs to him.

 

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I was so anxious the whole night I couldn’t sleep. I’m happy and sad at the same time. I’m glad I got into a good university, but I only wish that it wasn’t so far away from home, so far away from her.

I couldn’t imagine myself not spending time with _______-ah anymore. It’s just so hard to believe.

Who else is going to protect her? To comfort her when she’s sad?

 We had become so attached to each other; it would be painful to separate us.

Finally I was getting sleepy. I drifted to sleep while thinking about her.

 

 

The alarm went off at 6 a.m.

As I’m getting ready, I start thinking about what I’m going to do with ______-ah today.

I told her I will pick her up at 10, but I just can’t wait to see her already. I want to be able to spend as much time I can with her. I don’t want to regret it.

By the time I got to _____’s house it was only 6:50. I was greeted by her parents. They were getting ready to leave for work.

_____’s mom had gone to her room to wake her up. I felt bad because I know how much she likes to sleep. But I just can’t wait any longer. It drives me insane.

 

While I was waiting for _____ to come down and eat her breakfast, I sat on the couch and looked over her family photo album. There were pictures of us playing around, laughing together, eating together, and even kissing each other on the cheek.

We were so young back then. I smiled while looking through them, thinking how _____ is still cute as ever, though she has gotten a lot prettier.

I was surprised she has never gotten a boyfriend. I noticed lots of guys staring at her in high school. Perhaps it’s because of me? We do spend our free time together. I guess people thought we were together.

 

 

“Dongwoon oppa, why did you come so early? I’m not ready yet.” she pouted.

Even when she just woke up, she still looks so cute.

“Aigo, I just want to spend my last day with my best friend as long as I can. Is that wrong?” I said to her.

“No it’s not, but you should’ve at least warned me before you do so. I need at least 30 minutes to get ready and leave.”

Why didn’t I think of that? I should’ve at least texted her or called her beforehand. Well, too late now.

“Well, take as long as you need, I’m not going anywhere.”

 

The way she eats her food, I just couldn’t take my eyes off her. She always eats her food in a really cute way. I find it very interesting.

I guess she felt my glares.

“Why are you staring at me?” she asked me.

“Oh nothing, I just thought you look really cute when you eat. Like a puppy that hasn’t eaten the whole day that’s all.” I told her. It was the truth. I like to also.

“Yah, that is not a good compliment at all. Do I really look like that when I eat?”

“No, I was just kidding.” I smiled at her. She was so serious when she asked me that.

“Oppa, give me 30 minutes and I will be ready and leave.”

“Alright, take your time.”

 

About 30 minutes later, I can hear someone coming down the stairs.

I looked back from the couch and saw _____.

She looks beautiful. She must have spent lots of time picking her outfit. She usually doesn’t wear things like that. Only on special occasions.

“_____-ah, you look beautiful.” I smiled at her.

As soon as I said that out loud, I can see her smile grew wider and wider. She even blush a little.