Unwanted Surprise

The Closet Monster

"It wasn't me who turned you into a monster.  I know who it is though."

"Who?"

~

Chen thought back to the conversation.  He wasn't sure if he could trust this guy but he had no choice if he wanted answers.  After they met on the field and the guy seemed to know a lot about what's happened, Chen was close to being convinced.  The two decided to schedule a meeting after so they could talk without worry of being disrupted by a teacher.

He walked into a small room after checking above the doorway and found nothing.  He looked around the room.  There was confusion on his face when he saw no one in the room.  Thinking he probably got the wrong room, he turned around to go out but was met with the face of an angry person.  There was water dripping from his clothes and hair and a frown etched onto his face.  The person crossed his arms and his face was all red from anger.  Chen would've laughed if he wasn't scared for his life.  Something about the male seemed familiar and he didn't want to know why.

The door opened again and in came the person he was supposed to meet.  He spotted Chen and gave him a bright smile but then he spotted the other person and his smile faltered and his expression turned to one of confusion.  "What are you doing here Key?  I thought you were working."

The angry man turned around and gave a smile to the intruder.  "I just wanted to visit you Minnie~" his voice was sweet.  "But then I got a bucket of water poured on me when I opened the door."  He glared at Chen.

"Well I thought the bucket was gonna fall on Taemin," Chen said nervously.  He remembers now from when he went to this school two years ago.  The man in front of him was the school's former diva.  He can be scary when angry and well... right now he's angry.  Chen's instincts told him to run as far as possible but he couldn't move.  

"Are we gonna get this meeting over with or not?" Taemin asked.  "Lunchtime doesn't last forever... and it's rude to try to prank a stranger you just met."

Chen snapped out of his trance and made his way to one of the three small couches that was in the room.  Taemin and Key sat down also.

"So, what are your questions?" Taemin asked.

Chen thought for a moment.  "What are you?" he asked.  He pointed a finger at Key.  "Does he know also?  Where did you find this room?  Why are we monsters?"

"... well," Taemin looked around.  "I'm not sure what I should call myself.  I'm not human if that helps-"

"We're sorta like gods," Key interrupted.  

"Well if you're a god then the world is screwed," Chen joked.  He ended up falling off his chair and getting a new bruise on his stomach.

"I said we are like gods," Key said with anger in his voice.

Taemin nodded.  "That answers your first and second question," he said.  "We got this room because our friend Onew works for the school and he said we could use this room if we wanted to.  We always come in here to hang out at lunch.  He's the one who turned you guys into monsters even though that was an accident.  And the part of why you guys are monsters... let's just say it was a mistake on both parts.  Your group and Onew seemed to have messed up something."

"I don't get it," Chen said.  

Taemin bit his lip.  "We can't exactly tell you that part," he looked away.  "You either have to figure that part out yourself or we'll tell you when you're ready."

Chen hesitantly nodded in understanding.  Then another question came into mind.  "Are there others?" he asked.  "Like... your species or kind or whatever."

Key rolled his eyes.  "There is five of us," he said.  "Well you know me and Taemin.  We also told you about Onew.  The other two are Jonghyun and Minho.  Also... there are others, but they are more like acquaintances.  We barely talk to others like us."

Taemin started eating a sandwich.  He thought it would be better to just let Key explain.  He reached over to get his banana milk when he saw his phone next to it.  Suddenly remembering something, he turned the screen on and checked the time.  Seeing that it was almost ten minutes into lunchtime, he turned toward Chen.

"Hey can you set up your prank again?" he asked pointing to the bucket lying on the floor.

Chen looked confused but he nodded.  He picked up the bucket and Taemin handed him a bottle of soda.  Key rolled his eyes.

"Are you seriously planning on dumping soda all over him?" he asked.  "You should at least cover the floor so it doesn't become all sticky."

Taemin nodded.  "Good idea," he said and threw an oversized shirt at Chen who was setting the prank up above the doorway.  "I always hated that shirt."

Chen finished setting up the prank and returned to his seat.

---

AFTERSCHOOL~

The cafe was finally open and busier than they thought it would be.  It would've been a surprise if they didn't put the flyers of Sehun, Chanyeol, and Kai all around the school.  The other flyers were passed out at places with a lot of people.

Business was surprisingly going good.  Because of school, the cafe was only open during afternoons on weekdays and all day during weekends but the customers didn't seem to mind about the weird schedule.  

Everything was going well until ten seconds ago when Luhan almost dropped a mug after spotting something, more like someone.  He turned around and headed into the kitchen in fear of being seen and dragged Lay, who was in the middle of taking someone's order, with him.

"What are you doing Luhan?" Lay asked.  "I was in the middle of taking an order."

Luhan let go of his hand and pointed through a small window in the kitchen to where Sehun.  "See that girl in front of Sehun?" he asked.

Lay looked and nodded when he spotted the girl.  "What about her?"

"Doesn't she look familiar?" Luhan asked.

Lay furrowed his brows and looked at the girl again.  It took a few seconds but there was recognition shown on his face.  "Is that Lin?" he asked in disbelief when he recognized the girl Luhan used to carpool with.  "She looks different without her glasses."

Luhan nodded.  "She's with someone," he said.  He couldn't tell who it is because Sehun was in the way.  "We should be careful to not get recognized."  Right after he said that, he saw an oblivious Xiumin walk toward Sehun to tell him something.  Luhan quickly went out and grabbed the elder's arm to drag him back to the kitchen making the man yelp.

"What are you doing?" Xiumin asked feeling like his arm is about to fall off because of how rough Luhan dragged him.  

Luhan shushed him and pointed to Lin.  "Making sure you aren't seen."

Xiumin widened his eyes.  "Oh my gosh that's Lanh on a date with a girl," he said.  "And they're kissing!"

"... What?!" Luhan almost yelled.  He looked out again and the scene made his jaw drop.  Sehun was gone and Luhan had the perfect view of his uncle and his friend(?) kissing.  He wasn't sure what to call Lin anymore since it's been so long.  He pouted.  "Now I feel left out because I didn't hear about this."

"Daaaaaaaamnn," Lay said.  "We should tell the others and have the humans take orders while we stay in here."

"The humans... that sounds weird calling them that," Xiumin said.  "I guess I'm still not used to being a monster."

Lay gave him a weird look.  "You do realize it's been two years, right?"

Xiumin nodded.  "Still hard to accept the fact that I'm a monster though."

Luhan shrugged.  He was about to leave when he saw someone walk toward the couple they were spying on.  He saw the person sit down and a frown found its way on his face.  It was a girl with dark hair and she wore a smile that screamed fake.  The girl's presence seemed to have made Lanh start frowning as she started talking to Lin with no care in the world.  Luhan's expression became even darker when she focused her attention on Sehun who came back to the table to take the girl's order and saw the her flirting obviously trying to flirt with him.

Luhan waited until Sehun and saw the girl become uncomfortable because Lanh and Lin were being lovey dovey.  He got up and made his way to Kris who was eating a cookie while watching Kyungsoo mix something together.  He poked the giant to gain his attention.

"What do you want?" Kris asked with an annoyed expression.

Luhan pointed out the window.  "You see that third wheeler out there?"

Kris took a peek.  "... you've gotta be kidding me," he said.  "Why is Lo here?"

Luhan shrugged.  "I don't know."

----

Taemin watched in amusement as an angry Minho used a towel to scrub his skin to get rid of soda that has fell on him hours before.

"So you're saying that you didn't know there was a bucket filled with soda hanging above the doorway?" he asked.

Taemin nodded.  "I had no idea," he lied.  "But it was pretty lame that you passed out when the bucket hit your head.  I thought you would never wake up because you were lying on the ground for three hours."

Minho frowned.  "You could've woken me up earlier," he said.  "It would've been better than throwing away my favorite shirt just because it had a stain on it."

Taemin rolled his eyes.  "I should've burned it instead if I knew you were gonna search the trash for it," he murmured with a pout.


A/N: At first I didn't know how I was gonna end this but now I do.  I wasn't expecting to add Lin, Lanh, and Lo (weird that they all start with L) but I had to think of something.  You should be able to get a better understanding once I start the sequel about their past.  Now that I think about it, I could start that now and it wouldn't really be in the way of this story even if this one isn't completed yet.  It depends if you guys wanna read that one before or after I complete this story I guess... your choice.