Happy Birthday

My Best Friend

After years of questioning myself, asking myself, “Am I ready for this?”, “Does she feels the same way?” and “Will she want me the way I want her?”, I finally made up my mind. She’s the right girl for me and no one else. I really want to make her mine. I don’t care if she pushes me away after this but I’m willing to try and find out even though I really don’t know what would happen.

Ah~ you’re probably wondering who I am, right? Well, my name is Kim Taeyeon, twenty-six years of age (although I don’t really look like one). I’m just a simple girl with a simple wish, to love and to be loved by her. Currently, I’m planning the best confession to my crush, scratch that, it’s not actually a confession but a proposal. I know, I know. Perhaps you’re wondering, “You’re not her girlfriend yet, right? Why not confess first and then propose?” in a sense, you’re right. I may not be her girlfriend, but I know, I feel and I have this guts telling me that she love me the way I love her. Since we still have enough time before my plan happened, why I don’t tell you the story on how I fell in love.

Its sounds pathetic but I fall in love with my best friend. We met at the park one time when my mother brought us there (me and my brother). We were just ten. I don’t know how it happened but, we just click. The next thing I now, we were out on the playground playing who-knows-what play. Everytime I saw her smile, I unconsciously smile, like when her parents gave her an ice cream, she’s so happy and I just felt the same as her. Everytime I saw her sad, it tears my heart apart, like when my mom called me so we can go home. I don’t want to see that sad face anymore, so as pathetic (again) as it sounds, I gave my mom’s number so she can contact me and she did the same. We’re still young so we don’t have any phone that time.

Days passed by and our bond became so much stronger than before. We were I highschool when I saw this guy hitting on her. That boy really disgusts me up to my bones. How the heck could he still do that when he just finished making out with that b*tch over there? Can’t he see that she’s not comfortable with whatever he is doing right now?! In just a matter of seconds, that boy is on the ground, and she is clinging to me. Huh! Take that Lee Sungmin, she doesn’t want you! I spent the rest of the day whispering sweet nothings to her while hugging her so she can forget that traumatic experience of hers. I still hate myself for leaving him still breathing. If not for her he won’t be alive.

College years seems to be a blur, nothing seems to be special. They always said that line to me whenever I ask them how’s their college life, but to me, everyday is a special day. I got the chance to express my love to her although the courage of confessing is still not there. But hey, atleast I can convey my affection towards her. Every single day, I will go to school an hour early to place chocolates inside her locker with of course, sweet notes from the bottom of my heart. I actually didn’t put my name there so she assumed that she have a stalker (perhaps it’s true; I’m her lovable/bestfriend stalker). After a year of being a stalker, she caught me placing a chocolate on her locker (so that’s why I’m very nervous that time). Of course she’s mad at me so we didn’t talk for quite some time but that didn’t stop me for expressing my love to her. I always send her sweet messages at the morning and call her at night so I can sing for her to sleep. But because she’s still mad at me, she won’t pick up her phone at night so I decided to visit her and sing to her live. She won’t let me in of course, but because of her mom (which sometime I subconsciously called mom), she let me in. I told mom (her mom) if I could stay the night and she said yes and I could just sleep with her (with my love). Afterwards, I found her on her bed, sleeping soundly. As I don’t want to wake her up, I slowly climb to the bed and hugged her from behind while singing her favorite song. That night, I just realize one thing which will be a fact; I really really really love her with all my heart. I want to make her mine.

“Hey! Are you done day-dreaming?” my thoughts are interrupted with Sooyoung’s voice. She’s my classmate and bestbud since highschool.

“Eh? What do you want Sooyoung-ah?”

“Really? Taeyeon? Really? Of all the things you ask me what I want?”

“Oh shoot! There’s no time. There’s no time. WE NEED TO HURRY!! She’s coming any minutes now and I’m still here with nothing on hands” Pathetic, I forgot the time. Argh!! It’s all your fault reader, if you didn’t ask me to tell you my love story then… then.. forget it. I’M LATE!

“We better hurry then”

With that I dragged Sooyoung to the place where our friends are busily preparing for my awesome proposal. I’m really happy that they support me with this and also, her family supports whatever I’ll be doing later

“Are you really sure with this Taeyeon-ah?” Jessica asked me. She’s actually the one that came up with this idea telling me that I shouldn’t be coward with my feelings. I trust her though because although she’s very cold outside, she’s very bubbly when it comes to her eye-smiling princess. Jessica and Tiffany are actually married for nine months now and still happily spending their lives with love.

“Of course, Jessica. I want to call her mine. I want her to be the next person that I would see the moment I woke up. I’m not just doing this because you said so, but I’m doing this because my heart says so. By the way where’s your other half? It’s rare to see you without her”

“That’s good to hear. Ah~ you’re eyes are sparkling just the thought of her eh? Congratulations. Don’t worry everything will be alright. And as for my other half, she’s with your other half together with maknae, YoonYul couple and currently on their way here”

“Thanks, let’s just finish everything. She might be here any minute now.”

I give my final words to my friends and at this time, everything is set up the way I want to. A table for two, with a white cloth) in the middle of a wide garden with fountain just a few meters away from the table, three instruments namely,  piano (which will be played by Joohyun later), violin (which will be played by Sooyoung) and flute (played by Tiffany). I really thank mom for the light effects, if not, it’ll be a boring place. The foods will be served by Hyoyeon later since she is really a good cook. With that everything is perfect.

Just a few moments more and my life would be complete. At present, I’m standing near the golden gate with my suit and tie. I decided to dress like a man, I just feel it. And a few moments, the moment that I’ve been waiting for, I hear the honk of a car. It’s actually a signal if ever we became distracted.

A few moments more, I saw maknae and the YoonYul couple walking with the love of my life (with a blind-fold). She’s wearing a blue dress and a pair of heels.  Her hair is a bit curly with her cute bangs. All in all, she’s stunningly beautiful in my eyes.

“She’s now yours unnie” Yoona said to me playfully while handling my love to me carefully.

“Hey, enough with the chitchat, we’ll be back in our position and tell us later us what happened” Yuri said while she, Yoona and maknae turn around and go to their respectivr places.

“Are you okay?” I ask her while taking off the blind fold.

“What’s this all about Taeng?” She asked me.

“You didn’t answer my question” I whined at her

“Gosh Kim Taeyeon, why are you so adorable? I’m alright if that’s what you want”

“Yay!” I dance dorkily, forgetting everything but her

“Although I enjoyed watching you act like that with your suit and tie, are we really just stand here?”

“Shoot! Sorry sorry, I kind of forget everything the moment I saw you” I grinned at her as I saw her blush with my comment.

“Why are you so cheesy tonight? I mean extra cheesy tonight?”

“Nothing, let’s go” I guide her to our table and everyone begins their work.

“Hyo? What are you doing here?” She asked Hyo

“Well, as you can see, I’m serving a lovely couple their dinner. Don’t worry, everything is delicious”

“Thanks, Hyo” With that she went to the other side of the garden.

We’re both finished with our meal, so I decided that it’s time. I clap my hands twice signaling my friends to start playing the instruments. Moments later, the whole place is surrounded by beautiful melody coming from the piano, violin and flute. I get up from my seat and stand beside her. I bow a little while I take her soft hands/

 “May I dance with the most beautiful girl in the world?”

“Yes of course, my handsome partner”

I lead her away from the table any put both of my hands in her waist and she gently place her hands behind my neck. We are swaying to the tune of the melody when I hear her say

“Thank you for this, really but…”

“But? But what?”

“What’s with all of this? You can just ask me to go to a restaurant if you want to have dinner or you can just cook and then invite me over. What’s this all about my Taengoo-ah?”

By this time, I was nervous as hell. I actually memorize my speech but at this moment, I don’t really know what to do, but here goes nothing.

“Sunny-ah, I actually rehearse everything but I can’t seem to remember anything. Actually, this is not just a normal dinner. It-”

“Well, considering where in a garden with background music is not normal at all”

“Hey~ don’t tease me”

“Okay, okay. Proceed”

“I don’t know how to tell you this but, here it goes. I think of you wherever I go, when I close my eyes, I saw you by my side. You keep me smiling. You’re the reason that I smile. I’ve been on so many places and I’ve seen so many pretty faces, but no one else comes close to you. Every night before I go to sleep, I always pray for all your love. I just want to reach you, touch you, squeeze you, hug you, I want you to be mine, I want to tell you I love you. But I don’t want to ruin what we have but I’m taking all the risks because I don’t know if I can live another day without you in my arms. Whatever I’m going to ask you, I just hope you trust me and please know that I only do this because I love you, you’re my world. As funny as it sounds, I fell in love with my best friend. I fell in love with you Lee Soonkyu. I gather all my courage so please, please listen to me carefully.”

With that I kneel in front of her with her hands holding mine. Of course, she’s still stunned from whatever she heard from me. As of now, my friends (YoonYul, JeTi, HyoYoung and maknae), my family and her family is surrounding us and waiting for me to pop out the question.

“Lee Soonkyu, will you do the honor to make me the happiest person alive in this world? Will you marry me?”

She stares at me with wide eyes, who wouldn’t? When your best friend just proposed to you? A minute passed but she’s still bot answering my question. Everyone around me looked at me with worried eyes but I just looked at them as if telling “I’m okay”. I actually thought about the possible rejection and that we might not me the same anymore, but I’m ready for it. I’ ready for whatever might happened tonight.

She squeezed my hands and I take it as a cue that she rejects me so I decided to stand up. I thought I’m ready, but why do I feel this way? My heart aches so badly that I wanted it to rip off. I just act on my instinct and walk away. Walk away from the love of my life, with a broken heart.

Before I take my second step, a hand stopped me.

“Why aren’t you waiting for my answer? Is your patience that short? I’m starting to think if you really love me.” She said with a smile on her face

“What could I do? My heart can’t take it if you reject me so I’ll just walk away”. I didn’t realize the tears streaming down my face until she wipes it.

“You pabo. Do you really think I would reject you? You that I love? I would never ever do that to you my Taengoo”. I look up to see her face to see that she is actually crying too.

“So? Is that a yes?”

“Of course! Pabo! I will marry you!! I love you so much Kim Taeyeon.”

Again, I act on my instinct, so I pull her into a tight hug and spins her around.

“YES!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sunny-ah. I love you so much!”

I run to my friends and family only to be tackled by a group hug, while hearing their congratulatory messages.

“Congratulations, Taeng” “See you at the wedding”

I looked at my family and they are crying as well. I walk to them and they embrace me with so much love. I could feel that they are very happy with what happened.

“Congratulations Taeyeon. I hope that you’ll make my daughter happier, okay?”

“Of course auntie, I mean, mom” I smile sheepishly to her.

“Go to your future wife now”

And with that, I ran to the love of my life and embrace her once more while whispering sweet nothings to her.

“Thank you Sunny, baby, I’ll make you the happiest girl in the world. I love you”

“I’m the happiest when I’m with you, my Taengoo. I love you too.”

“Baby?”

“Yes my bunny?”

“Happy birthday”

……………………….

 

 

Here it is! I write it for four hours and I know the story lacks in many things. Excuse me for my grammar, for I don’t really know what I was doing while I was writing this XD SNSD’s performance of ‘Wait A Minute’ actually inspires me, more like Sunny. She’s so adorable there? Right? Right! For the references of my story: 25 Minutes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBD47TF6Cw), Best Friend (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIr3dbOJxU) and Close To You (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyAftXdz0bA). You should really listen to this. It’s awesome

 

Anyways, Happy birthday to Sunny’s future wife, Kim Taeyeon!