Work Days I

Handler

WORK DAYS I

Cyn&Friend observe the 's interaction with its many mating prospects. As usual, being a woman of many words, Cyn's friend speaks up first. "Well, just look at him go. He's one hell of a . You'd think his injuries would put a little damper on that male energy."

"Apparently not. We better make sure he doesn't overexert or else we'll have a dead on your hands."

"Mmmm... Dead . It's always fun reviving those."

Cyn understands they are no longer on the topic of birds. "Alright, it's time to split them up and head to lunch." They totally need a change of atmosphere... totally. After separating the birds and making sure the won't just suddenly die on them, the two friends wash up for lunch.

"What are we having today?"

Cyn just stares at her friend with her big brown eyes.

"I feel like having whatever you're having. It always looks tasty." Yes, of course it looks tasty. JJ makes her lunches... like a mommy? Yeah, like a mommy... with a pickle.

Cyn continues staring. It's obvious no one ever told her staring's rude. Her friend's not going to tell her either.

"You probably have enough to share, right?"

Cyn finally speaks (but she's still staring away). "Sure. Let's head to the benches outside." Cyn removes the heavy lunch box from her designated cooler compartment and they head off to find a nice shady bench to occupy. "Hold on. I need to go use the restroom."

"Again? How many times do you go a day? You went like five times already and it's only noon."

"I don't know. I keep needing to urinate for some reason."

"Can't you just say pee like everyone else?"

"Everyone else does not say pee. Be right back." Cyn shoves the lunch box into her friend's hand and awkwardly walk off to the restroom.

"Her walk's so weird..." Cyn's friend sits down and uncovers the lunch box in a haste. She's excited like one of those over indulging fat kids.

"Whoa, dumplings. Lots and lots of dumplings." She snatches one up with her fingers and plops it right into her wide mouth. "Oh my god, oh my god... crab dumplings... real, fresh, not frozen crabs."

Five minutes later, Cyn comes back. Whoa... such a strong smell. Cyn spots the few leftover dumpling and she feels like vomiting a load. Ugh, does she have to go back to the restroom?

Cyn's friend catches sight of her and starts apologizing for eating almost ALL of the crab dumplings.

"No... just eat them all... for some reason, I can't stand the sight or smell of them..." Cyn turns away while gagging... still. "It's making me nauseous... I need to go back..."

Cyn's friend is experiencing something... what is it? Oh, like a realization. Backaches, weird walks, frequent pee-ing, and now... something like morning sickness... like, oh my god! Okay, okay... calm down. She has an extra test in her bag somewhere (because she's always paranoid). She runs back to the lockers and grabs her bag before tracking Cyn down.

Once they're together and her friend explains things to her... she is not amused. Her face is not amused... She's been real careful. She makes sure she pops them pills regularly. What the hell is this all about?

"Just pee on this stick, okay, hun?"

"I already 'pee-ed.' You said I 'pee' too much."

"Just go back in there and do it one more time, okay?" Her friend sticks the plastic stick in her hand and pokes her into one of the stalls. "Right on the stick, baby. Right on the stick."

Five minutes pass and Cyn's not coming out. "Cyn, are you alright in there, sweetie?"

"No... I'm not coming out."

"Oh my god! Oh my god! I knew it! Oh my ing god! We're going to have babies!"

Cyn really wants to throw up... like seriously.

"Cyn... Cyn? Come out, baby. You can't stay in there forever."

"Yes I can."

"It must really be a shock... but it's a good shock, right?"

"No... it's not good... I'm scared..."

"Oh my god! Cyn! Don't tell me you're cheating on JJ! Does he know? Wait... he doesn't know or else it wouldn't be cheating."

"No, that's not it."

"Cyn... baby. Come out and we'll talk."

"No."

Another five minutes later. Cyn's friend is on the phone. She just dialed JJ's number from her friend's cell.

"Cyn, I'll call you back. I'm in the middle of-"

"It's an emergency!"

"Who is this? Wait... crazy bird friend of Cyn?"

​"Awww... you remembered my voice."

"What's the emergency? This is Cyn's phone... did something happen... to her?"

"Yeah, you better come right away and get your wife. She's sick... like real sick... locking herself in a restroom stall."

"Where? Is she at work?"

"Yeah. Come quick." Cyn's friend hangs up and grins. Excellent.

A few minutes later, JJ arrives. Whoa, so fast... he's like superman or something.

Uhh, no. Their workplace is right across the street from each other. Wait... if it's right across the street... why does it take Cyn longer to get to work than it takes JJ to get to work? Uhh... because he has his scooter (that can squeeze anywhere) and Cyn has to take public transportation (and you know how that is... stops after stops after stops). Right.

JJ tries to coax Cyn out. Yeah, he's inside the ladies room... standing right outside her stall. Hmm... she's probably being moody again.

As much as he tries, she's not coming out, so he decides to stick his head under the door. Yeah, smart move.

Cyn kicks his head and pushes the door open. "I'm pregnant!" Whoa, she just came out with it so abruptly. How is JJ going to react?

"What? Really. Really? That's... that's won-won-wonder-fulll." JJ reaches out to pat her on the head. She snaps at him like a crocodile. "So... so... who's the daddy?" Nice going, JJ. We don't know you... we don't know you, okay?

And JJ ends up with a much deserved bloody nose (for the second time today).

The end.