Wedding Bands

Wedding Bands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

sorry for typos. and grammar slips, this is unedited

 

 


Chen was blind.

 

 

He wasn't born blind. He accidentally got his eyes damaged as the shattered glasses from the cars window pierced through them. Chances of him getting back his eyesight back was slimmer than a strand of hair.

 

He resigned from wanting to have his eyes back. The eyes who could see the world in all its beauty. The eyes that once could appreciate how every human being was uniquely made perfect.

 

He did not need those anymore. He was in a deep contentment.

 

 

All he needed was Xiumin.

 

 

Xiumin, his boyfriend since they were sixteen.

 

When Xiumin confessed his love to Chen when they were in middle school, the latter did not think twice in accepting the former.

 

Xiumin was almost two years older than him. Maybe that was what he loved about the elder. Being older than him, Xiumin pampered him a lot, really. The elder gave him not just everything he had asked.

 

Xiumin had given Chen the strength to live on despite his imperfections. Chen was blind. Yes, but he taught the said boy to not be saddened with that. It was just his eyes that he lost, he told Chen.

 

"Chen, sometimes, you don't need your eyes to do something worth remembering. Sometimes, you just need to feel it. You can still be independent even if you're blind."

 

 

Chen pondered on those words that the elder advised him. Xiumin was right, he alwyas was. He was grateful for the elder, who stayed with him all through out.

 

 

Xiumin was at Chen's side during the ups in the latter's life.

 

He was there when Chen received his first award on a singing contest. He was holding the cake for his every birthday. He was cheering at the front row seat every time Chen performs at the stage. He was always there. He never left, and Chen was glad the elder will never will.

 

Ximiun was also there during the downfalls of Chen.

 

He was there when Chen got kicked out by his parents for being a homo. They felt disgusted by it, spatting insults on their own flesh and blood. He was there every time Chen needed a shoulder to lean on, to cry on. It was a hidden responsibility for him to wipe Chen's tears from his beautiful eyes. He wiped them all, at the very last drop.

 

Chen could never ask for more. He was loved by the elder. He was safe in Xiumin's care. Even though he felt like the world does not want him. He did not care anymore.

 

What he cared mostly about now, was that Xiumin loved him. And he loved him just as much.

 

 


"Chen, what are you planning for Umin-hyungs birthday?" His best friend, Baekhyun asked the said boy as he flashed him a toothy grin while wiggling his brows playfully.


"I don't know, Baek. Maybe, a simple dinner or any thing. Any thing special. For him." Chen replied as he bit his lower lip thoughtfully.

 

 

Xiumin's upcoming birthday was bugging him for quite a long while now. He did not know what to give the elder. He wanted to repay for all Xiumin did to him, for all the elder gave him. He knew he couldn't. But at least once, he could make the elder happy. He derserved it too, Chen thought.

 

 

After long hours of winding thoughts, he finally decided. He flashed Baekhyun his trademark Cheshire smile.

 

 


March 26, 2014. Wednesday.

 


Xiumin's birthday came. Chen was nervous all over. Although he had every thing planned out perfectly and meticulously, he still was worrying that the elder might not like his surprise.


A dinner for two was beautifully set at the table with the help of his best friend, Baekhyun. He needed him because he obviously can't handle everything by himself, his lost eyesight limited him to. Jjajangmyeon, fried Kimchi and Beef Galbi along with the tasteful side dishes adorned the round table.

 

Make this special, Chenchen. He muttered to himself to brighten up his mood a bit.

 

 

Minutes later, a faint rustling sound of keys unlocking the door knob to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter