oo3

Machine

"So, are you hungry?' Kyungsoo asked as he drank a glass of water while Kai just shook his head. "I guess that's a no. You can watch some TV if you want. Feel right at home." Kai just nodded as he walked around the house taking in the surroundings.

Kai was really interesting, He was really calm, but Kyungsoo still wasn't convinced when Joonmyeon said that he was going to be like a human being. Kyungsoo's opinion about Machines being scraps or metal still lingered in his head.

Kyungsoo knew underneath all that skin were gears of metal that made him function. But he was curious on how the Machine - or how Kai really worked.

He remembered how Kai suddenly teleported behind him earlier, it was a bit strange. Joonmyeon didn't metion anything about him having any special abilities.

"Kyungsoo," Kai said as he appeared next to Kyungsoo. "Are you living alone?"

Blood rushed up to Kyungsoo's cheeks as he realized Kai was awefully close to him. "I-I live alone. Why are you asking?" Kyungsoo replied not being able to look at Kai in the eyes.

"I'm just curious, I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable." Kai said as he took a step back letting Kyungsoo breathe.

"It's okay." Kyungsoo bit his lip. He never knew how good looking a Machine could get. Kai looked perfect, maybe it was because he was made to be perfect with no imperfections. "So, I'm going to cook some dinner, are you sure you don't want any dinner?" He asked again as Kai just shrugged and walked towards the kitchen.

Kyungsoo watched as Kai opened the refrigerator and took out kimchi and some othe ingredients. "What are you going to make?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Kimchi spaghetti." Kai simply answered.

"I usually make that." Kyungsoo mumbled. Kai does have some of my DNA so maybe he knows it by heart.

"Would you like to help, Kyungsoo?" Kai asked as he held out a knife and turned it backwards, the sharp end facing his abdomin.

"Um, sure." Kyungsoo replied as he took the knife until seeing drops of red staining the floor. Kyungsoo stood there watching the knife stained with blood, his mouth agape. "I'm so sorry." He apologized as Kai stood there watching his wound drip with blood.

"It's fine, it's nothing." Kai slightly smiled as he the palm of his hand.

"Don't it!" The human shrieked as he held the Machine's hand in his. He wasn't expecting to already give his Machine a wound before 24 hours.

"It tastes like iron." The Machine said plainly as Kyungsoo put his hand under the flowing water from the faucet.

"Blood tastes like iron." Kyungsoo stated as he glanced at the thin, red line on this plam of Kai's hand. He walked towards his bathroom while holding Kai's hand in his while opening the file cabinet and taking out a gauze then wrapping his hand with white bandages. "I'm sorry again." Kyungsoo said as he let go of Kai's hand.

"It's alright, Kyungsoo." He replied as he held Kyungsoo's hand with his uninjured hand and walked towards the kitchen where he continued to cook dinner.

"Thanks." Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly as he tasted the kimchi spaghetti. It tastes like the one he makes. It even has that special flavor he secretly adds. Maybe Kai does know everything about him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo yawned as he walked towards his room and put his hands on his hips as he wondered where Kai would be sleeping.

His bed is enough for two people to sleep on, the couch is too stiff to get a good night's sleep on.

Kai's going to sleep in the same room as him. The same bed as Kyungsoo.

"Kai, are you okay with sleeping next to me?" Kyungsoo asked as Kai nodded and slightly smiled as he turned to the bathroom and changed into different clothes. It's a good thing Joonmyeon prepared a few extra clothes for Kai.

As Kyungsoo layed in bed the lights were dim and he only saw the bright flashes of lights from the cars and buildings from outside. The city never sleeps.

He took in a deep breath as he slowly closed his eyes while feeling a dip on the bed next to him. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and saw Kai staring at him deeply with his dark brown orbs. His eyes didn't shine, nor did it change color. It was just plain brown.

"Goodnight, Kai." Kyungsoo said softly as he closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

During the night, there was a faint sniffling noise. Kai his side and saw tears roll down the corners of Kyungsoo's eyes. He frowned then took Kyungsoo into his arms while the human's black hair; stopping the soft sniffling.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and saw a white fabric infront of him. He felt warmth, he felt safe. Looking up he realized the source of the warmth was from Kai. How strange, Machines are suposed to be cold, being made from metal.

"Kai?" Kyungsoo whispered causing the Machine to look at him with a gentle smile.

"Yes?"

"Thanks." Kyungsoo smiled as he closed the gap between him and Kai, taking in the luring scent that came from Kai.

Kyungsoo heard soft humming coming from Kai. Kai's chest softly vibrating as he hummed; the same song Kyungsoo's mother always used to hum him to sleep.

Kai knew him well, it's like Kai has already knew him longer than his friends. It was really amazing to Kyungsoo. The way Kai acted, it was like nothing he's ever experienced before. He really was different from the other Machines he's worked with.

The human closed his eyes as he was engulfed by the warmth radiating off of the Machine.

They stayed in that position the whole night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo woke up to be still against Kai's comfortable chest.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo." Kai smiled as he kissed his forehead. "How did you sleep?" He asked as Kyungsoo's cheeks flushed red while the place where Kai kissed him burned his skin.

"It was well, thank you. How did you sleep, Kai?"

"Very well." Kai replied as he burried his nose into Kyungsoo's hair taking in his scent. "How did you?"

"Fine, thank you for last night." Kyungsoo said sheepishly as he covered his face with is hands. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"No need to say sorry, I understand what you're going through." Kai said softly as he rubbed Kyungsoo's back in circles. "I'm here now and I'm going to be taking care of you okay?"

"O-okay." He replied a bit unsure to actually believe what Kai said. Kai was only a Machine, that's what he was supposed to do; take care of people. He was only functioned to say that. He didn't mean anything he said.

"So what would you like to do today?" Kai asked as he cocked his head to the side.

"Well, I actually have to go to work today."

"Oh, I see." Kai frowned. An action Kyungsoo didn't fail to notice. How strange, a Machine frowning.

"Yeah, but I'll be back. Don't worry." Kyungsoo reassured.

"I'll go make you breakfast then." Kai announced as he swung his legs over the bed and stood up. Kyungsoo watched as Kai stretched his arms; the way his muscles contracted underneath the artificial skin made Kyungsoo bite his bottom lip.

Kai walked out the room as Kyungsoo walked towards his bathroom and got ready for work. He took a quick shower then slipped on his clothes.

"I made you breakfast." Kai announced as he poured a cup of coffee. "I hope you like it."

Kyungsoo sat down in one of the chairs and saw a bowl of rice and pieces of meat ready for him. "Thank you." He smiled as he picked up his chopsticks. "I'll eat well."

"You're welcome." Kai smiled as he sat across Kyungsoo and watched him eat. "I can take you to work if you'd like."

"You don't have to do that, Kai. I can go myself." Kyungsoo replied as he chewed on a piece of meat.

"No, I insist. I could just drop you off." He urged.

"Okay, I guess it's alright." Kyungsoo answered as he finished his meal.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo and Kai walked towards the garage and stood infront of the car.

", I forgot to charge the car." Kyungsoo pursed his lips. "I'll just go by myself, I can just walk towards the trainstation."

"I'll walk you there." Kai said as he walked towards the door with Kyungsoo following in suit.

"Kai, you can just stay here. I can walk by myself."

"I insist, Kyungsoo." He urged as he walked out Kyungsoo's house. "Let's go, shall we?"

"O-okay." Kyungsoo replied as he stood next to Kai.

The two of them walked silently until Kai slipped his hand in Kyungsoo's.

The human's blood rushed up to his cheeks as he tried to let go of Kai's hand but the Machine wouldn't loosen his grip on Kyungsoo's hand. He stopped trying to get out of Kai's grasp and held Kai's hand.

Kyungsoo didn't see the smile form on Kai's face as they walked closer towards the trainstation.

"This is my stop." Kyungsoo said as Kai frowned loosening his hold on Kyungsoo's fingers.

"I see." He sighed. "I'll see you later then, Kyungsoo."

The way Kai said his name smoothly made him feel like he had butterflies in his stomach.

"I'll see you later, Kai." Kyungsoo smiled sadly as he walked towards one of the trains leaving the Machine behind him.

As Kyungsoo got in one of the trains he let out a deep sigh. "You're going to see him later again, Kyungsoo. Don't worry, he can take care of himself."

--------------------

Omg... I haven't updated in like... FOREVER!! I'm so sorry OTL