Cookies Full of Love

Cookies Full of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good job!” Jinki says to the new employee of the restaurant, a blonde girl responsible for the dolce.

                “Thanks a lot.  My first day has been great!” she says.  Jinki scratches the back of his head.

                “Well, yeah.  I’m happy that it went well!” he says with his cheeks flush very red.  Jinki admits that the girl in front of him sends him into his own world of nervousness, because she just pulls the string of his heart and seems like holding it tightly without she knows it.

                “See you tomorrow, Jinki,” she says as she steps out of the Italian restaurant.

                “Yeah...see you tomorrow, Luna,” and another tomorrow, and another tomorrow, and so on, he whispers to himself excitedly.  He already anticipates another day with her.

                Jinki goes home that day feeling like having the most perfect day ever in his 23 years of life.  When he walks out of the eatery, his driver, or maybe not, his friend’s driver has actually waited for him as usual.  There is another guy in the car, which he quickly recognizes as Key, his fellow housemate.  He gets into the car.

                “Hi Victoria, hi Key,” he greets them happily.

                “Someone sounds too excited,” Key says while rolling his eyes.  Key is his housemate for already three years, along with another three guys.  Like him, Key works too, as a fashion designer and he has quite a good reputation in his field, although sometimes Jinki has to admit, it is hell having him as housemate especially when he wants to try out the new design.

                “Something happens during work?” Victoria asks, and yes, Victoria is the driver.  Having girl as a driver is weird, but it is even weirder when she actually only picks up his boss’ friends, as instructed by her brilliant-but-stupid-in-his-own-way boss.

                “No!  Nothing happens, really,” Jinki says, clumsily denying and covering the fact that he met her ideal girl for the first time.  He could see Key smirks and Victoria frowns, but otherwise, they are heading home in silence after that.

                When he reaches home, Jinki quickly gets inside the exclusive bungalow belongs to them, well, actually his friend, but now they share together.  He sees Minho on the couch, watching a basketball match, again.

                “Hey, Minho.”

                “Hey, Jinki,” Minho says without his eyes looking at him.

                “Where’s Taemin?” Jinki asks.

                “Bathroom,” he replies shortly.  Jinki nods and leaves the too-absorbed-with-basketball-match Minho.  Minho is his other housemate.  His love for basketball is no doubt and he is really someone in sport.  He works too, as a Physical Education teacher at school, and having his female students swoon at his good features.  He is tall and muscular and Jinki acknowledge that too, even if he is a guy.

                He walks to his shared master bedroom with Jonghyun and he knows the guy won’t be home at this time, as usual.  The busy roommate will usually back after them having their dinner.  It is a miracle to see him home early sometimes.  Jinki shrugs, puts his bag on his bed and grabs his towel before dashes to the bathroom to clean up.  He doesn’t take long.  After about ten minutes, he comes out of his room, all fresh and clean.  He walks out and knocks on Key’s bedroom.

                “Yeah?” Key says after he opens the door.

                “Did Victoria go home already?” he asks about the female driver.

                “Yeah,” Key says and walks down with him.

                “Okay.  I’ll cook and dinner will be served just in twenty minutes,” Jinki says.  That is what happens in their daily life.  Key will make breakfast and Jinki will make dinner.  Lunch?  They are all working and usually having lunch outside.

                When he enters the kitchen, he sees Taemin who is drinking a glass of plain water.  Taemin always keeps his body fit, because he is a choreographer.  The boy is really good, no, great in dancing and his movement is very slick and seducing sometimes.  Quite a number of female dancers wait in front of the house every morning just to greet him.

                “Hi Jinki,” the aforementioned boy greets him as he finishes his water.

                “Hi,” Jinki greets back.

                “What are you cooking tonight?” Taemin asks.

                “What do you want to eat?” he asks Taemin back.

                “Anything.  As long as not chicken.  I’m sick of it,” Taemin chuckles before he walks out of the kitchen.  Jinki shakes his head and sighs to Taemin’s joke.  He loves chicken, he can’t help it.

                Working as a chef is definitely a good thing for Jinki.  He loves serving food to people, especially his housemates.  Although he is responsible for the main dishes at the Italian restaurant he is working, he is not always serving pasta to his housemates.  He is capable of cooking many dishes, range from Asian food to Western, from appetizers to dessert, just name it.  But his speciality is in main dishes, and that explain his position in the kitchen of the restaurant.

                He often tries out some new recipes, and this kitchen is a place considered heaven for him.  His good housemates always spend their times trying out his new dishes, despite having a tight working schedule.  Jinki is happy with his simple life and he loves his friends so much.

                Being an experienced one, Jinki manages to cook dinner for five pax just in fifteen minutes.  He takes another five minutes to make the table ready before calling the other three for dinner.  They eat together and that is the time when they talk about their day.

                Taemin tells them about a female dancer that he has talked about every so often since last month.  Sulli is good in Broadway dancing as well as modern dancing and she managed to catch Taemin’s heart and now he is dating her.  Minho tells the story about another PE teacher at school named Krystal and how they are close to each other.  Key on the other hand, is telling story about his regular customer who is a girl named Amber, but actually doesn’t know how to choose girl’s attires.  Key has to help her all the way to choose the clothes and judging from his look, Key has fallen for the girl.  Jinki only tells story about his complimented new recipe of pasta.  They congratulate him.  Jinki won’t tell them about Luna, just not them, because they will definitely make it into a big fat joke.  He already has a suitable person to open up the story.

                When they finish their dinner, Key offers to clean up the table.  That’s Key, really is like a mother.  Taemin and Minho runs to the living room for a game, a video game.  They are having another match tonight.  Jinki smiles when thinking about them.  Jinki is about to climb the stairs to go to his room when he hears a motorbike engine at the porch.  Jonghyun is back. 

He opens the door to meet a very tired Jonghyun.  He has his suit’s jacket on his hand while his laptop’s bag is hanging on his left shoulder.  His tie is already loosening and the topmost button is already undone.  Jonghyun puts his helmet on the shoe’s cabinet before he puts in his leather shoes into it.  Then only he looks at Jinki.  He smiles at him.

                “Hi, Jonghyun,” Jinki greets him way too cheerful.  Jonghyun makes his way pass him.

                “Good night, Jinki,” he says sarcastically.  Jinki laughs to that.  He accompanies his best friend to the room.

                “How’s work?” he asks Jonghyun as the lad places his bag on his table.

                “Tiring,” he says before he gets into the bathroom and closes the bathroom’s door.

                Jinki knows that, the usual answer from Jonghyun that Jinki never get bored listening to.  Jonghyun is an entrepreneur, at a very young age.  He inherited his father’s company right after he obtained his Bachelor Degree in Business.  At first, he doesn’t like his job, because he fancies singing so much, but knowing he is the only son in his family, and his elder sister is not into business, Jonghyun forces himself to take over.  Responsibility comes first, that is what he has been saying and eventually, Jinki is glad that he comes to love his job so much.

                His family is really a rich one.  To be truth, the house they are staying now is actually belonged to Jonghyun.  The female driver, Victoria, is actually his family’s driver, but Jonghyun’s dad doesn’t want to burden the girl.  Victoria is willing to cover up his father’s job after his father becomes too old to handle that job, just because she wants to support her family.  So, Mr. Kim doesn’t want to trouble the girl and he makes she works only for Jonghyun.  But, Jonghyun and Victoria do not get along very well.  They are like a cat and a dog.  They fight just because of Jonghyun is an egomaniac and he perceives that it is wrong for a girl to drive a guy.  Moreover, Jonghyun feels it is easier for him to move everywhere with his motorbike.  He ends up instructing Victoria to pick up his friends instead.

                But, despite being an egomaniac, Jinki knows that Jonghyun is very warm at heart.  He loves his friend so much that he doesn’t even charge his friends for living in his house.  He even let his beautiful driver to become Jinki’s and his other housemates’ driver and friend.

                When Jonghyun is done with shower, he goes straight to bed.

                “Hey, Jonghyun!  You can’t go straight to bed!” Jinki shouts while throwing a pillow at him.

                “I’m tired Jinki...and all I want to do is sleep,” he says sleepily.  He can’t, he just can’t, Jinki thinks.  Jinki needs to tell him about Luna, he so much wants to share the story about the girl.

                “No, you can’t!  You not yet eat your dinner.  I kept it for you.  How ungrateful!” he says while pulling the smaller guy out of his bed.

                “Jinki...I want to sleep.  I’m tired...and tomorrow I have another important day at work...” Jonghyun says, voice muffles by his sleepiness.

                “Wake up Jonghyun!  Eat your dinner!” says Jinki.

                “I’m not hungry...I’m sleepy...” says Jonghyun and he is about to sleep.  Jinki thinks of another way to wake him up.

                “Hey!  Hey!  You must have a healthy diet.  Skipping meal is not good and you know that you often fall sick!  And you know how Key nags when you are sick!  That’s definitely the best thing to make you even sicker!” Jinki says while pulling his best friend and he knows he succeeds when Jonghyun’s eyes open so wide to the words ‘Key nags’.

                “Fine...fine...I’ll eat dinner,” he says and both of them walk out of the room before Jonghyun continues, “It’s not chicken, right?”

                Jinki shakes his heads and chuckles, “No, definitely not.”

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter