Some Things Make The Days Bearable

When Opposites Attract

After several days of going through the same routine of working with Bangtan, Learning Korean from Namjoon and then working with trainees. Ari was beginning to find that doing what she loved was a lot more tiring than when she just taught dance classes 3 times a week for about 2 hours. Not that she didn't love being able to make a living off of her passion. It was just a lot more tiring than she originally thought. Her body ached in new places each day and if one more little trainee sniggered about her limited Korean, she was going to strangle them. Most of the trainees were the sweetest things who just wanted to learn from her and do the best they could but there was one girl that no matter what Ari did, she never learned and then would get frustrated at Ari and begin yelling at her in Korean. Of course Ari could only pick out a few of the words that the girl would yell at her and then all she could do was to try and patiently describe how she was doing it wrong. But like most know it all little kids, the girl just wouldn't listen.

Ari fell back onto her bed in her apartment and closed her eyes. She laid like that for several minutes before her phone started to go off playing a ringtone that Namjoon had made for her out of some hip hop songs. she stretched her arm out and answered it grunting into the phone since she was too tired to make real words.

"Hey Ari, do you want to come hang out at a norebang with the boys and I? We are going to celebrate our free weekend!" Ari heard Namjoon's voice say through her phone.

"What's a norebang again? Is it the karaoke bar?" Ari asked tiredly as she sat up and scratched her head.

"Yup! You know you want to come sing with the boys and I!" He said happily.

"I don't know Namjoon. I've had a long week, I think I'll just rest a bit." Ari said softly as she laid back down and yawned into her phone.

"That wasn't an option. I'll be up in a bit to get you so you better be ready!" Namjoon said happily into his phone before he hung up on her.

Ari grumbled as she freed herself from her bed and walked to the bathroom and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her long auburn hair in a messy ponytail and her make up smudged slightly from sweating all day. She turned her shower in and let it heat up as she found a nice pair of jeans and loose fitting tank top and laid it on her bed before finding some undergarments and laying them next to her clothes. She headed back to the shower and got in washing herself clean of the stress her day had provided. She got out and wrapped a towel around herself, unaware of the male who was now in her apartment calling for her. As she pushed open her bathroom door her body hit a tall muscular wall. Her eyes shot up and looked up into Namjoon's face pretty sure their expressions were mirroring each others in shock.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!?!?!?!?!" Ari yelled as she pushed away from him and ran into her bedroom slamming her door in horror.

Namjoon was at loss for words since he had just seen his new friend and choreographer dressed in just a towel. "I came to get you!" He said defensively after regaining his composure.

"You could have knocked!" Ari yelled through her door as she hastily pulled her clothes on and dried her hair.

"I did knock! you didn't answer!" Namjoon told her as he leaned on the wall outside her door.

"You could have called!" Ari said as she opened her door and glared up at him, her hair wrapped in a towel on her head to dry.

"You wouldn't have answered since you were in the shower."

"Well don't just walk in and creep around you ert! Wait in the living room or something!" Ari said as she put the towel in her hamper and slipped on a pair of Nike's. "Let's just get this over with so I can come home and rest." She grumbled as she grabbed her bag and headed to the door with Namjoon following behind her.

"You know you're excited to hang out with the boys and I." Namjoon said in his deep voice and nudging her arm with a smile.

"I can understand half of What the boys say so I can only talk with you fluently. " Ari said crossing her arms and looking up at him.

"That isn't a bad thing." Namjoon said winking at her "besides I've been teaching the boys English and you're really coming along with Korean. You can hold a small conversation switching between both languages." 

"They still just kind of stare at me when I talk like they are unsure of what I'm saying." Ari said as she pouted and looked up at Namjoon.

"That's because you're so pretty." Namjoon said ruffling her hair lightly and smiling down at the now blushing girl.

"Yah! Hyung, don't hit on our choreographer. I called dibs on her!" Jimin called out in Korean as he pouted at the sight of Namjoon and Ari.

"You can't even talk to her!" Namjoon hollered back in Korean with a laugh, all of this just sort of confused Ari who could only pick out several words.

"Yes I can!" Jimin said before turning to Ari and smiled "Hey Noona I'm glad you're coming with us!" Jimin said in English with a heavy Korean accent.

"Oh Jimin you're accent is so cute!" Ari said giggling as she looked at Namjoon "You did well!" She said smiling up at him.

"That's because I'm the best Korean or English teacher alive!" He said with a cocky smile.

"Lets go! I wanna party!" J=Hope called out as he started prancing like he had to pee.

"C'mon guys! Snacks are on me!" Jin called out as he led them outside and headed to the nearest norebang.

"Namjoon, I don't sing very well nor do I know many Korean songs." Ari said softly as she looked up at Namjoon as they followed the group of rowdy guys into the norebang all of them chipping in a couple bucks for the room.

"Don't worry I'm sure there will be a couple English songs." He said smiling as they walked into the room with dim lights and a multi colored light ball.

"Ari you go first!" Suga said handing her the song book and a microphone.

Ari reluctantly took the thick book from him and started flipping through it. Occasionally inquiring about the names of a few songs in Korean until she came across a song that she knew incredibly well. Ari put the number of the song in and stood up in front of the guys. As soon as the first opening notes hit the boys went wild cheering since they all knew what song Ari had chosen. As Ari rapped to Look at Me Now Namjoon seriously lost it. He had no idea that the the girl who was an amazing Choreographer was also an equally amazing rapper. He saw that the others had equally stunned expressions on their faces as she finished up her song. Ari blushed and looked at the boys who were just staring at her completely dumbfounded.

"It wasn't that good." She said blushing as she put the mic down.

The boys immediately got up and pounced on her shouting things excitedly in Korean, none of which she could understand well other than words like Daebak. After settling the boys down Namjoon looked up at her.

"I had no idea you could rap so well!" He said smiling up at her along with the boys who were still chattering excitedly in Korean.

"It was a hobby that I did." She said smiling before pushing the big book to Suga "Go." she said in Korean.

He got up and picked a song as the others still couldn't keep their excitement to their selves about her rapping. Suga chose a song with a dance beat which immediately made Ari grab for Jimin and J-Hope and started dancing with them excitedly.

Ari smiled as she danced with the boys as they all took turns singing or rapping the night away. She couldn't think of a better way to end the night adn begin the weekend.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me for not updating in a while! I've been uber busy but I'm trying!