This is a Great Way to Start Something

When Opposites Attract

Ari entered the doors of Big Hit entertainment with a bag slung over her shoulder and wearing a nice pair of jeans with a sweater since the weather was still slightly cool. She headed to the front desk that had a woman diligently typing on her computer.

"Excuse me ma'am, I'm here to see the president." Ari said in English which earned a blank stare from the woman behind the desk. Great how am I going to communicate with her? Ari thought to herself as she mentally went through her miniscule Korean vocabulary.

"She has an appointment with the president." Said a masculine voice puling Ari out of her deep thinking process.

A few words were passed between the man and the lady at the desk before the man turned to Ari, his eyes shielded behind a pair of sunglasses.

"What's your name?" He asked Ari in perfect English.

"Ariane Isaacs." Ari said smiling sheepishly at the man.

He nodded and turned back to the lady behind the desk exchanging a few more words with her in Korean, one of them being her name before th elady picked up the phone and speaking over it.

"Don't worry when you meet the president, he speaks English fluently." The man said smiling at her before walking off.

Ari exhaled slightly, since one of the numerous things she was worried about when coming to South Korea was not being able to understand or speak the language. She looked around the large lobby with wide eyes. It was a huge area with floor to ceiling windows and a large contemporary chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling. The walls were lined with pictures of various people and groups of people and the furniture was modern and chic.

Ari was brought out of her awe by the broken English of the woman behind the desk, "The President with be down, you may wait there." She said pointing to the seating area Ari had previously been admiring. She used her limited knowledge of Korean and said Thank you to the woman who offered her a bright smile.

Ari headed to the seating area and sat down on the plush chair pulling her bag onto her lap and pulling out her phone. A few weeks prior to her departure from the states she was given the title track she needed to have choreography to, which she had been working on in all her spare time. She played with her phone her fingers brushing over the track in her music library, careful not to play it aloud she contemplated her choreography that she worked on for it.

"Miss Isaacs?" Said an established looking man walking out from the hall that the previous man who helped her had dissapered down.

Ari stood and made her way to the man with a smile "Mr. Yang? It's a pleasure to meet you." She said smiling and shaking his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well! You could not imagine how happy I was to hear that you accepted my offer and now here you are! You've been working on choreography I presume?" Mr. Yang asked with a smile as he began leading Ari down the hall to the elevators and up to his office.

"Nonstop since I received the music! I just hope it's ok, I've never done choreography for celebrities before, just for my classes and friends." Ari said as she smiled and took a seat in front of the large mahogany desk.

"I'm sure it will be amazing, You're choreography that we watched on YouTube was phenomenal, even the lead dancers of the group were stunned by you skill." Mr. Yang said smiling as he got out several items from his desk. "Here is your employee pass, It will let you gain access to pretty much every room and the parking garage. You also have your own studio, its on the level just below this one, your room number is wrote on this paper, also I assume the apartment is ok for you to live in? Our company owns the apartments in that building so anyone you meet in the company most likely lives there. Also all meals in the cafeteria here are all paid for as well." He said as he handed Ari the items he spoke of.

"Thank you so much, the apartment is great and very spacious! I really appreciate this opportunity." Ari said smiling happily.

"It's our pleasure, welcome to our family! The boys are currently in vocal practice right now but they will be done in about 30 minutes. Feel free to head down there and get used the room." Mr. Yang said smiling and showing her to the door.

"Thank you so much again." Ari said smiling as she opened that door "Have a good day sir." She said as she walked out and headed to the elevator heading down to the floor her room was on.

Once on the designated floor, Ari navigated the hallways and found her studio. She opened the door and flicked on the lights, and her jaw dropped. The door closed behind her and she walked into the middle of the room walking in a circle her eyes wide. There were two walls full of mirrors and one wall full of windows which only aloud those in the room to see out and allowing no one to see in. The other wall held two doors which Ari went to and opened. One was a full bathroom with a shower and the other was a small office that held a computer, desk, cabinet and two chairs and a couch. She walked back out and she saw the sound system which had surround sound. She immediately dropped her bag and dug through it finding her ipod and plugging it in which allowed the last song she had playing pound loudly through the speakers. She let out a little squeal of excitement as she headed to the office and put her bag on the desk digging out her camo leggings and baggy black tank top and headed to the bathroom and changing into her dance clothes and slipped on her combat boots and headed out to begin stretching. After a quick stretch Ari changed the song and put on the title track she was given and began running through her choreography to it oblivious to the door opening and a group of guys walking in.

As the song finished and began to play again, Ari got into position to start again when a voice brought her out of her concentration. "So I hope that choreography is for us." A masculine voice spoke in Korean, which made Ari break concentration mid step and fall flat on her face.

"Omo! Are you okay?!" Another masculine voice said in Korean as he rushed over and helped her up. Ari's cheeks were bright red as she looked at the guy unsure of what he said.

"Oh you're the girl who can't speak Korean!" Said another guy in sunglasses as he looked at her.

"Uhm yeah, I guess that's me." She said slightly embarrassed as she looked at him.

"Yah guys, introduce yourselves." The guy in sunglasses ordered as all the guys immediately went into a bow and shouted their name at Ari and then went into individual introductions.

"Hi, I'm Ariane or just Ari." Ari said smiling and giving a little wave to the guys.

"Since your Korean is under developed, I'll translate for you." The guy who idenified himself as Rap Monster said smiling before turning to the guys and explaining to them that she doesn't speak Korean well. Another boy who identified himself as J-Hope spoke up quickly in Korean and tapped Rap Monster's arm pointing to Ari to which Rap Monster slapped his hand down and turned to Ari.

"He wants to know if we can start learning the choreography today." Rap Monster said smiling at her.

"Sure let's go ahead and get warmed up and I'll start teaching it to you." Ari said smiling and Turning on some music before leading them in some stretches.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hey guys thanks for reading I hope you subscribe and comment! I'll update as frequently as possible! Enjoy!