carnivals are not fun

A Day With HunHan (HunHan Drabbles)

"We need to take a break, he said. Carnivals are fun, he said." Tao muttered under his breath, eyeing the suspicious looking group of clowns warily. He scooted closer to Kris, who put on a brave face. "I don't care if Suho hyung is the leader. Next time, I pick the place."

Baekhyun mimicked Tao, which caused the latter to slap him upside the head. 

"Yaah! If you hit me again, I will call those clowns back here." Baekhyun sneered, rubbing his head. 

"No you won't." Tao deadpanned. 

"Want to see me try?"

"Kris hyuuuung!"

"Yah, Park Chanyeol, shut him up, will you?" Kris bobbed his head in Baekhyun's direction while enveloping Tao in an embrace. 

Chanyeol quirked an eyebrow, surpressing a mischievous grin. "Why would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, I will burn your 2ne1 CDs AND your poster of Dara."

"Baekhyun-ah, let's buy some cotton candy. My treat!"

"Coward." Baekhyun hissed, but let Chanyeol drag him away. 

From the back, Sehun shook his head disappointedly as he watched his hyungs argue. Luhan walked beside him, swaying his arms around happily. 

"I just love the atmosphere here." Luhan commented. 

Sehun scrunched his nose. "It's too crowded."

"What, are you allergic to people now too?" Luhan snorted. 

"Well..." Sehun paused for a moment, tapping his chin as if in deep thought. "If I was allergic to people, would I be able to do this?" Quicker than Luhan could formulate a response, Sehun gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Aish, this brat." Luhan scowled, but the small blush creeping on his cheeks gave him away. "Ok then, not allergic. Just anti-social."

"It's not my fault I only want to spend my time with you, hyung."

"Yah, what is this?" Kyungsoo weaved his way between the pair, a look of disgust plastered on his features. "Flirting is not allowed in this carnival. There are children here!"

"Relax, hyung." Kai cooed in Kyungsoo's ear, surprising the smaller boy completely. 

"Kim Jongin!"

"Do Kyungsoo!"

"Kim Jongdae!" Four pairs of eyes met a confused looking Chen.

"What?" Chen asked. "I thought we were doing a roll call or something."

Luhan giggled. "Lu Han!"

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes. "Thank God you're cute, Luhan hyung."

"Hey," Sehun slung his arm around Luhan's shoulders protectively. "Only I get to call him cute."

"And you're supposed to call me cute, hyung. Not Luhan hyung." Kai pouted resting his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo shoved him away. 

"I don't even know how I put up with all of you." Kyungsoo muttered as he walked away. "Idiots, that's what you all are."

Chen followed him with his gaze. "Did he just blush?"

"Yes." Luhan, Kai and Sehun replied in unison. 

~*~

"Let's ride the rollercoaster!" Chen suggested, jumping excitedly. "The one that looks like a dragon."

Kai and Kyungsoo nodded, and Sehun glanced at Luhan. The older male considerably paled. 

"I can stay here with you if you want, hyung." Sehun offered, rubbing Luhan's back in a comforting manner.  

"No." Luhan shook his head and pushed Sehun forward gently. "Don't let me stop you from having fun."

Sehun narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." Luhan chuckled. "Now go, before I change my mind."

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll take care of Sehun for you." Chen winked, drapping an arm around Sehun's shoulders. 

Luhan watched Sehun being dragged away and waved cutely. "Bye bye Sehun-ah! Have fun!"

"It won't be fun without you!" Sehun yelled as they got farther away. 

"Aish. I can't even deal with your cheesiness. Are you like this with everyone you've dated?" Chen asked. 

Sehun shook his head. "Nope. Just Luhan hyung."

"Aww, who knew our maknae here was capable of being so sweet~!"

Sehun chose to ignore the majority of Chen's teasing as they fell in line. He also noticed how a number of people were whispering and pointing at them. He just hoped that people had enough decency to leave them alone on their days off. Sehun still hasn't gotten used to all the attention they have gotten ever since they debuted. Sometimes, he just wished he could spend a normal day with his hyungs without fans asking them for autographs and pictures every split second. 

"Oppa, can I take a picture with you?" A petite girl approached Sehun shyly. 

"Uhh, sure. Just a quick one." Sehun smiled. 

But no matter how much he complained about not getting any privacy, he was still thankful to his fans, so he tried to please them as much as he could. 

~*~

"THAT WAS SO MUCH FUUUN!" Kai screamed enthusiastically.

The four of them walked down towards the exit. 

"DITTO! WE HAVE TO RIDE IT AGAIN. WITH THE OTHERS THIS TIME!" Chen mimicked Kai's excitement. 

"WHY ARE YOU TWO YELLING?!" Kyungsoo covered his ears. 

"Because they are idiots." Sehu replied calmly. 

"YES WE- HEY!"

"THAT'S NOT A VERY NICE THING TO SAY TO YOUR HYUNGS, SEHUN." Kai frowned. 

"Dude, you're only older than me by a couple of months."

Kai opened his mouth to say something, but closed it quickly. "Shut up."

"Hey, where's Luhan?" Kyungsoo asked, looking around. 

Chen and Kai looked at each other with questioning stares. 

Sehun panicked. He couldn't see his beloved Luhan anywhere. 

"Oh wait I see him!" Kai announced. 

"Where?" Sehun clutched Kai's shoulders instinctively. 

Kai flinched, jabbing his thumb towards Sehun's right. Sehun turned, breathing a sigh of relief as he saw Luhan talking to one of the clowns. The strange creature was giving Luhan something that looked like an ice cream. Before Luhan could take it, however, Sehun jogged up to them, taking Luhan's outstretched hand in his. 

"Thank you, but I don't think he'll be taking any of that." Sehun addressed the clown curtly. 

"But Sehun-ah~"

Sehun stared at Luhan pointedly before dragging him away. He didn't have to look back to know that the clown was sending him dirty looks. 

"What did I tell you about talking to strangers?" Kyungsoo had his arms crossed when Sehun and Luhan approached. 

Luhan looked down at his shoes shyly. "I'm sorry."

"You, my friend, are very easy to kidnap." Kai sighed and patted Luhan on the back. 

"Yes, he is." Sehun narrowed his eyes at Luhan, making a mental note to never leave him alone. 

~*~

"Why the are we falling in line for this sorry excuse they call a ride?" Chen wore a blank expression as he gazed at the number of people in line for the 'Tunnel of Love'. "This is... This is really stupid. Whose idea was this? Who's the bastard I'm going to murder this time?"

Kai's hand shot up as he pointed at Luhan. Luhan stared at him with wide eyes, a pout slowly forming on his lips. "But it's the only ride that doesn't involve getting off the ground."

Chen narrowed his eyes at Luhan, but eventually let his gaze falter. He shook his head. "Okay okay we'll take this ride. Who knows, maybe I can find the love of my life here."

"HAH! Like girls will actually talk to you." Kai snickered. 

"Yah! Of course they will. Does me being in EXO mean nothing?" Chen frowned. 

Kyungsoo shook his head disappointedly. "Chen, you should never use your fame to play with people's feelings."

"No hyung, let him." Sehun grinned wickedly. "But please let me be there when the girl goes ape on you for being a jerk."

Chen gaped at him. "Excuse you! For your information, I will treat my girl as a princess. She'll get everything she deserves."

Kai looked at him pointedly, then proceeded to fake vomit. Chen punched him on the arm. 

"Hello!" A chirpy girl approached them, cutting their banter short. "Are you falling in line for the Tunnel of Love?"

"Uh yes, we are." Sehun answered. 

The girl flashed a smile. She looked over to Luhan and Kyungsoo. "You two, come with me please."

Luhan and Kyungsoo glanced at each other, before deciding to follow the girl. 

"Stay close to Kyungsoo hyung, Luhannie!" Sehun yelled. 

Luhan beamed at him and waved a hand. He turned back to Kyungsoo and whispered. "Where's she taking us?"

The girl, as if purposely tuning in on their conversation, immediately answered, "This isn't your typical Tunnel of Love. Here, we divide people into two groups, with a fence in between them." She motioned towards the said fence, separating two lines of people. "This way, who you'll be partnered with will remain a mystery. It's kind of like the Tunnel of Love, but with a little twist."

"But wouldn't it be more logical if you separated the group into boys and girls instead of sorting them randomly?" Kyungsoo inquired. 

The girl stopped walking and turned to them. "Well, where's the fun in that? Wouldn't it be more thrilling if you have no idea whether you'll be paired up with a friend or a stranger? A girl or a boy? Trust me, the reactions we witness are hilarious!"

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. "So you're doing this for your own amusement."

The girl pondered for a bit before answering, "Yep! That's it."

~*~

Saying that Sehun was not amused is one of the biggest understatements of the year. Sehun was borederline pissed at anything and everything that breathed. After a few minutes of being oriented by the mechanics of the ride, Sehun's mood turned foul- more than the smell of Chanyeol's week old dirty laundry. 

"Cheer up, maknae! There's still a slight possibilty that you'll be partnered with Luhan hyung." Chen patted Sehun's back reassuringly. He then turned to a scowling Kai. "And you, do you honestly think Kyungsoo will find that face attractive? A horse's looks more attractive than you."

Sehun crossed his arms stubbornly and pouted. "I am not going on that ride."

Chen smirked. "Really now? So you're just gonna let Luhan hyung be paired up with someone else? With that face of his, I am a hundred percent sure whoever he's paired with will not stop pestering him until he gets his number."

Sehun's eyes widened considerably before his poker face graced his features once again. "I am doing this for Luhan hyung."

Sehun glared at the fence, and suddenly noticed something peculiar. He leaned closer, squinting his eyes. Just as he suspected, the spaces between the pieces of wood that formed the fence was just big enough to take a peek. Sehun grinned to himself before leaning in closer. 

"Aha!" Sehun exclaimed. 

Chen and Kai looked at him strangely. 

"What are you up to?" Chen asked. 

"Look, I can see the person on the opposite side of thr fence!" Sehun beamed, but then he frowned. "It's not Luhan hyung."

"Who is it?" Kai took a step forward. 

"Some hairy guy."

Chen threw his head back in laughter. "You never know, that hairy guy COULD be your soulmate, Oh Sehun."

"No." Sehun deadpanned. Of course he couldn't be Sehun's soulmate because... Well, Luhan already filled those shoes. 

"Ugh. This is so frustrating." Kai ran a hand through his dark hair. "Kyungsoo hyung isn't opposite me either."

"Ha ha!" Chen stuck his tongue out. 

Sehun peeked through the gap againa and started to laugh. "Chen hyung, you're paired up with an old lady."

"WHAT?!" Chen roughly pulled Sehun away and peeked aswell. He pulled back with a scowl on his face. "This is so not my day."

"Who knows hyung," Sehun smirked and crossed his arms. "She might be your soulmate."

".... Eff you, Oh Sehun."

Sehun stuck his tongue out at Chen. Chen stayed silent, choosing to cry inwardly because of his predicament. Sehun grunted, starting to pace back and forth. Suddenly, he had an idea. He looked around his surroundings, and when he decided it was safe enough, he grabbed the top edge of the wooden fence and heaved himself up. It didn't take long for him to spot Luhan a bit farther up front, his blonde hair bouncing as he tugged on Kyungsoo's sleeves excitedly. Sehun grinned and released his grip, landing on the ground gracefully. 

"Kai, do you still want to be partnered with Kyungsoo hyung?"

Kai looked at him incredulously. "Of course!"

"Then come with me."

"Yah!" Chen called out as the other two left him. "You'll regret leaving me here!"

"Have fun with your soulmate, hyung!" Sehun waved at him without turning around. "I'm sure she's got plenty to teach you!"

"!"

~*~

Sehun swore he wasn't a bad person, but this annoying chick irked him to the highest possible level. She wouldn't agree to switch places with Sehun, not even when Sehun offered to pay for her spot. Kai was just about as pissed off as well with the person standing behind the girl- the one that was supposed to be partnered with Kyungsoo. 

"Come on! Why won't you take my money?!" Sehun said through gritted teeth. 

"Because," the girl wore a blank expression. "I've waited in line for almost an hour. I am not waiting any longer by moving a few steps back."

"But that's just it. It's only a couple of steps." Sehun whined. "Please?"

"No. And that's my final answer."

"Aish!" Sehun ruffled his hair in annoyance. He frowned and turned to the girl. "I didn't want to have to do this." 

The girl quirked an eyebrow at Sehun. Sehun sighed and lifted his balled fists close to his cheeks. Sehun only used his aegyo a few times, but desperate times call for desperate measures. He was going to be paired with Luhan, no matter what. 

"Pleeeaaaase switch positions with me? It will really make me happy."

The girl glared at him. "That's not going to work. I've watched you do aegyo on TV lots of times. I'm immuned to it."

Sehun's draw dropped, then he couldn't take it anymore. He just decided to tell the girl the truth. "Okay fine, my aegyo might not convince you, but I hope the truth will. You see, you're going to be partnered with Luhan. I know 'cause I peeked." The girl squealed in excitement, and Sehun had to muster all his self control just to avoid slapping her. "I know you're not going to give your spot up because of course- it's Luhan.  But this is the Tunnel of Love. And I want to ride the boat with the person who has my heart... Luhan. So please, will you help me?"

It looked like the girl wouldn't budge, but eventually a wide grin appeared on her features. "Aigoooo! HUNHAN! Of course you can have my spot. Now go with be with your LuLu."

Sehun beamed. "Thank you."

"Come on, Yuri." The girl turned to her friend who was still talking to Kai. "Let's give them our spots. Kyungsoo's probably on the other side of the fence too."

Kai looked like he wanted to hug the girl, but of course, Kai's hugs are only reserved for Kyungsoo. 

~*~

"Sehun-ah~!" Luhan's smile was the most beautiful thing Sehun has ever seen. "I knew I was going to be paired with you."

"Oh really?" Sehun tilted his head slightly.

Luhan nodded, his blonde hair framing his face perfectly. He really did look like an angel. "It's because you're my soulmate." Sehun blushed at Luhan's words. "No matter what comes our way, we'll always find each other."

And as Sehun took Luhan's hand in his, he swore that Luhan will always be the blinding star he's destined to follow.