Chapter Two – Fatal Attraction

Beauty and the Geek

That week was the last week the twins would be together. Coming Monday would be the fateful day where they separate. One to live life she longs to lead, while the other, doomed and gloomy as can be. Selina was still trying to teach Danson the correct way of wearing her wig. Thankfully, Uncle Ko’s son was getting married and the housekeeper had to return home for a week. This gave Selina the chance to teach her brother about “girl’s stuff”. Danson could only nod indefinitely as Selina rattled on.

On the last day, he told her to give him a notebook written with all the important things to take note of and returned to his room. He wanted to soak in the manliness of it all before he gets thrown into a girl’s world. He knew, that the boarding school was a mixed one, with all the guys and girls, but he also knew that he was there as ‘Selina’, and would be sharing the dorm with a girl. Girls are supposed to be pink and frilly. There’s no way he’d enjoy such manliness in a room for three whole months. He would miss being a man.

Danson forgot about what elders say. About the words his mom told him:

My son, never, ever, share a room with a girl. Especially on a rainy night. Especially if you are drunk.

That, my friend, is of course common sense. Danson is after all, a guy with raging hormones. But he’s also a naïve guy, so the girl might be safe.
(Author’s note: And of course, this is the furthest I would go. There will not be any ual content. I abhor these kind of things. It pollutes the mind.)

The next day, the twins picked up their luggage and boarded their car. Uncle Ko would not be sending them, since he didn’t expect them to be so deviously clever. And the chauffeur is told to drive Danson to the airport before driving Selina to the school. He would never imagine that Danson would take her place, wear her clothes, and enter the school. That chauffeur was after all, new.

Right after Selina checked that the female toilet’s empty, Danson entered and disguised himself. Selina stood at a side and observe her brother, nodding approvingly. It was after he fixed the wig that he stared back with annoyance, “What?”

“You’ve graduated!” She smiled, “Now the only thing you have to take note is your voice. You can say that you’re having a sore throat, but that’s not going to last for three months. Think of ways to lie to the others. AND! Make friends for me okay. I don’t want to be lonely after I get back to school.”

Danson gave her a withering look before going into the cubicle to get changed. When he was out, he stared at the mirror in amazement.

“This is me?”

“And me!” Selina added, “Now we’re two peas in a pod! This is so much like the fairy tale!”

“Except that I’m a male?” Danson reminded.

After a hug in the toilet and reminders to be careful, Danson left the toilet.

Never would he expect to be seen.

After five minutes, Selina left too.

All these were seen by …. a very bewildered cleaning auntie. She rubbed her eyes and stared hard at the two figures going in separate ways. After a full five minutes, she screamed and ran off.

Soon after they leave the airport, Danson arrived at the school. Because they had told the chauffeur that Selina would take the luggage and register at the school on her own, the chauffeur left her alone and returned home.

NOTE: Danson is now seen as SELINA, a girl, a PRETTY GIRL.

When Danson stood at the foyer, he was quite clueless as to where the administrative office was at. He scratched his head and frowned.

“Hey! You new here? First day? Need my help?” An overly enthusiastic guy popped in.

Danson widen his eyes at the golden haired dude and smiled weakly. The dude nodded knowingly and punched his fist on his chest and winked at him. He proceeded to carry Danson’s luggage.

“Come, follow me!”

Being new and lost, Danson could only stick to the guy, who looked quite harmless.

- - - - -- - - - - - Change of perspective- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

“My name’s Jiro, what’s yours?” Jiro tried to chat with this really breathtaking beauty. She looked quite lost and he thought he’d help her and impressed her with his strength.

“D.. Selina.” She replied.

Jiro thought it was strange the girl has such a sweet name, sweet appearance, but a weird voice. Nonetheless, she still looks perfect in his eyes.

“I’m 18 this year, are you 18 too? You look 18 to me. Don’t stay so far away from me. I don’t bite!”He joked as he tried to motion for the girl to come closer.

Selina nodded and walked nearer him. Jiro thought she was kind of reserved, but assumed that it was because she was new and alone.

“Do you want to be my friend? My sister is studying here too! And we’re of the same age as well.” Jiro tried to bring in his sister, Ella. It’s always good to introduce another girl to her so that she won’t feel so alone.

Selina looked surprised, “Are you guys twins?”

“Well, no. Technically she’s not my biological sister. We’re step-siblings. But we still love each other very much. We’re the ones who brought our parents together. Although she doesn’t do much, she thinks. She’s a really intelligent girl! And she loves books. Do you know that she’s once finished reading the medical textbook our father has?” He shook his head in amazement. That Ella never ceases to amaze people.

Selina’s eyes widened in bewilderment as Jiro’s heart leaped and danced to it. He managed to impress her! ‘Now she must have good impression of me!’ He smiled to himself.

The walk to the administration office seems shorter than usual, as they reached after five minutes. The girl was still very quiet and shy. He sat on the sofa while he waited for her to settle her administrative stuff. She was frowning as she struggled to fill in those forms. Finally, she smiled. Jiro’s heart melted instantly.

- - - - -- - - - - - Change of perspective- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Danson finally finished those forms that contained Selina’s information with much difficulty. Finally, he was done. ‘This is no mean feat!’ He smiled as he lifted his head…

And saw the whole office of male animals staring at him. His smile slowly faded awkwardly as he waved at that particular male animal in front of him.

After a long time, he finally cleared his throat and passed a key to him, “This is the key to your dormitory. 03-0013. Your room-mate will be… Ella Chen. She’s also going to be your classmate, lucky her. Erhem. By the way, your class is 2A. You can go to your room and have a rest. I’d take your uniform, books, and timetable up to your dorm later on. I mean, I’d send someone to deliver it to you.” He winked at him.

Danson could feel his body stiffening. He was going to puke soon if he doesn’t leave that freaky office. Those were not men! They are wolves! And waiting to devour another wolf!

‘Thank goodness Selina wasn’t the one experiencing that!’ Danson thought as he suddenly realised how fatal his sister’s attraction was. ‘Girls weren’t that crazy for me either! Guys are really…’

“Selina? Are you in the same dorm as Ella? She’s my sister! The one I was talking to you about! Haha! What a small world it is!” Jiro interrupted his thoughts. That golden hair dude was still helping him to carry the luggage, which is rather heavy, considering the number of things Selina ordered him to bring.

“Yeah. She’s going to be my classmate too,” Danson faked the voice. He knew he’d have to keep Jiro entertained if he wants help in carrying the luggage. After all, it’s something Selina would do!