Bad News

Beautiful Killer

Yura’s heart raced as she hurriedly typed a response to her crush.  She had been messaging him for about half an hour and the conversation was going great!  There were a couple times when she let out a few giggles.  He was so funny and sweet!  She loved that about him.  She was practically bouncing off of the walls with every response.  He was getting so flirty and it was making her palms sweat.  She was busy typing away on her computer when she heard a knock on her door.  She shouted to whoever it was to go away, but her older brother, Myungsoo, continued to plead for her attention outside of her door.  He knew better than to just open it; he learned that the hard way.  Yura groaned and stomped over to her door and opened it with enough force to blow air through Myungsoo’s hair.  “What,” she demanded.  Her brother just stood there awkwardly and murmured that there was going to be a family meeting in their parents’ bedroom.  Yura sighed and trudged back to her computer and sadly informed her crush that she had to go.

You: Oh, I have to go L Family meeting.  Talk to you some other time?

Woohyun: Oh, no problem.  Will you be back later?  I don’t mind waiting…

You: You don’t have to, but yeah, I will be back later ;)

Yura’s heart went crazy as she read his words.  As her parents began to yell for her, she hastily said goodbye and logged off.  She bounded across the hall, ready to get this meeting out of the way so she could get back to her room.  As she walked into her parents’ room, she realized that this was not any ordinary meeting.  Myungsoo and her parents were sitting cross-legged on the bed and the adults looked very serious.  Yura wondered if someone in the family had died or something.  She sat down on the bed and looked at her parents questioningly. 

            “Yura, Myungsoo,” their mom started, “Your father has gotten a new job.  He has a higher pay and this is something that he has been working for throughout his life.  However, this requires us to move.  You will still be able to see your friends occasionally; it’s only an hour away.  We have already enrolled you in your new school and picked out the new house.  We are moving in two weeks.”  Yura’s mouth dropped as the words left her mother’s mouth.  She couldn’t believe it!  She was FINALLY getting to know her crush, Woohyun, who was only the sweetest guy anyone could ever imagine.  Now that they were friends, he would be so disappointed that she was moving.  But what about everyone else?  Yura had a reputation at her school.  She was starting to become really popular!  She had a lot of friends, hobbies, and teachers that liked her.  Yura couldn’t handle this and stormed off to her room, slamming the door behind her, and burst into tears.  She logged on her computer and saw that Woohyun was still online.  He messaged her instantly.

Woohyun: YOU’RE BACK :D

You: yeah…

Woohyun: Is everything okay?  How’d the meeting go?

You: Oh, I just got some bad news…

Woohyun: Can you talk about it?   I’m here for you J

You: Well…

Woohyun: C’mon!  If you need to talk, you know that I’m always here~~

You: I know… I just don’t know how to say it…

Woohyun: Are you okay?

You: Yes…no….I don’t know!  I’m moving D:

Woohyun: L Where to?

You: I’m not exactly sure, but it’s about an hour from here.

Woohyun: So you’re changing schools? D:

You: Sadly…

You: I really like it here.

Woohyun: Dammit!

Woohyun: And I really like you >_<

You: What?

Woohyun: I was going to tell you when you got back, but I really like you.  Do you think that maybe we could still... you know… go out?  I don’t mind a bit of a distance.

            Yura’s fingers froze over the keyboard and her heart raced.  She couldn’t believe it!  As much as she’d love to date Woohyun, she knew it would be really difficult with the distance and all.  When would she get to see him?  He was so busy outside of school that they hardly ever had to hang out when they lived five minutes away from each other.  She sighed as she realized what the best answer would be and typed her response to the most attractive boy at her school, who she just so happened to have had a crush on for the past year or so.

You: Look, Woohyun, I like you too.  A lot, actually.  A long distance relationship is going to be really hard…

Woohyun: Oh… Ok… I understand… When are you moving?  Can we at least hang out as much as possible until then?  No hard feelings, right?  Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry if I made things awkward…

You: Woohyun, I wasn’t finished.  Even though it will be really hard, I’m only going to be an hour away.  We can Skype and stuff.  I’m willing to give it a try, but don’t expect too much from this.  If it doesn’t work out, we may have to end it.  But I like you a lot.  I really hope this will work~ *crosses fingers*

Woohyun: REALLY? :D YAY! Gosh, Yura, you’re really cute ^_^

You: Kekeke ^_^ I need to start packing.  I leave in two weeks. :P

Woohyun: Awe, ok~ I’ll walk you to school tomorrow, okay?

You: >///< okay ^_^

Woohyun: Get to packing, cutie~~

You: Fiiiiinnneeee…. Bye~ J

Woohyun: Bye! <3

            Yura squealed as she logged out.  Not only did WOOHYUN ask her out, but he was also willing to try a long distance relationship, said she was cute, AND added a heart when he said goodbye!  Woohyun had always been romantic.  Yura giggled as she started collecting things to pack.  She was so absentminded that she didn’t hear her brother knock on her door.  He continued to pound on the door until Yura shook herself out of her daydream.  She glided over to the door and left the door to just open as she went back to packing.  She was really close to Myungsoo.  Of course, he did get on her nerves a lot, but that’s what brothers do.  He waltzed in and started helping his little sister pack. 

            “Who were you chatting with?” Myungsoo whispered.  He was a generally quiet guy.  He didn’t talk much, and most of his talking was to his beloved little sister.  He was pretty protective of Yura. 

            “Woohyun~~ He asked me out!” Yura exclaimed.  Myungsoo shot up and looked at her.

            “Really?  What did you say?  Did you tell him that we’re moving?  I know you’ve liked him for a long time, but you have to realize that long distance is really hard.  I know I sound pessimistic, but I’m just looking out for you,” Myungsoo said.  His sister told him the conversation and he relaxed when she mentioned that he was aware of the move and said that she was worth it.  “Whatever makes you happy, I guess.  I wish you guys the best~~” The siblings packed in silence for the rest of the evening.  Yura went to bed happily and looked forward to walking to school with her new boyfriend the next day.

 

 

Thank you all for being patient!  I'm excited to get this story going!  I've been looking forward to getting this done for months now ^_^ I hope you enjoy it and if you do, please share it! thank you~~