Chapter 1

When It's All Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the eve of her eighteenth birthday, she came to the realization that she had never touched a drop of alcohol. It wasn't that she actually wanted to try it; in fact, it was never something she particularly longed to do. Nevertheless, she was almost an adult, how could she face anyone and tell them that she had never gotten drunk, had never gotten high, and never had ? 

It was unacceptable. 

As she sat on her small bed, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. How would she be thought of by her friends-by people she knew? It was a necessary step in any person's life, wasn't it?-to try new things. She had never been allowed to do anything dangerous, she was constantly under the watchful eyes of her boyfriend, Kris Wu. The thought of him made her heart swell with undeniable affection; she loved him, he was a good guy. But that was just it...he was too much of a good guy. Yun Mi craved danger, she craved to experience things other girls her age did, but how could she?

Kris was always there. 

In spite of what she wanted, she knew that she loved Kris with all of her heart. She supposed that it was his strength and certainty that made her fall for him, he always knew what to do, what to say to make Yun Mi fall deeper in love with him. He was like a shield from the dangers of life, relentlessly protecting her from all that could harm her. 

Yun Mi pulled her knees to her chest as she let her mind wander through the years she'd known Kris. He was there when she lost her father, he was there when her mother used drinking to cope with his death, and he had been there ever since, every step of the way, not ever letting her fall or make a mistake. She let out a small laugh as she thought about all the times he had deterred her from being stupid. In answer to every dangerous idea Yun Mi had, Kris was there to shake his head at her like a scolding father. 

Was that what she loved about Kris? 

To most, it may have sounded sick that Yun Mi loved how Kris kept her safe like she imagined her father would have. But it was the truth, Kris was an anchor, he had never showed any signs of weakness or wavering. She remembered the many times she would look into his eyes, and he would stare back with nothing but love and adoration; it made her wonder how in the world Kris had gotten so...wise? It was like he was a fifty year old man in an eighteen year old's body. Kris Wu was never wrong. He never doubted himself. It was the confidence that Kris possessed that made every gaze, every touch from him make Yun Mi want more; her love for him went far beyond physical attraction, she loved everything about who he was. 

Even still, she wanted more. 

 

Yun Mi's head whipped towards the door of her room when she heard it being pushed open. 

Standing there was Kris, in all his handsome, smiling glory. Yun Mi smiled back, loving the way he tilted his head to the side when he was curious. To say she knew him like the back of her hand was a slight understatement; she knew everything about him, just as there was nothing he didn't know about her. As he strolled over to where she sat on her bed, he let his hand rest on her cheek, the expanse of skin there, gazing at her like she the most precious thing on earth. 

"Hi, Yun Mi." his smooth voice sent shivers down Yun Mi's spine. She stared back at him, not being able to find it in her to respond with anything intelligent. 

"H-hi, oppa." 

Yun Mi's eyes fluttered shut as Kris bent down to press a gentle to kiss to her forehead. 

"Are you excited for your birthday tomorrow?" he asked, taking a seat beside her on her bed. He kept a reasonable distance away from her, as expected. Kris was still Kris, forever the gentlemen, not wanting to compromise a lady's virtue. But, she supposed again, that was another thing she loved about him. 

Yun Mi sighed, thoughts clouding her mind. She was excited about her birthday, but...she didn't know how to tell Kris what she wanted without being dismissed like a little girl throwing a tantrum. It was Kris, his presence made her weak in the knees, there was no way she could make herself tell him. 

She felt Kris's eyes on her as she avoided his. She knew him well enough to know that he was worried. She felt a hand on hers, making her look up at him, staring into those eyes that radiated warmth only for her. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, rubbing circles on the back of her hand. 

She shook her head, "Nothing, I'm just feeling a little 'eh' today." 

Kris nodded, giving her a once-over, "Well, you know its about that time of month for you again, that might be why." 

Yun Mi let out a laugh, covering her face with her hands. Only Kris would know something like that, and she had never even told him when she was scheduled for her...monthlies. One would think that a boyfriend would scurry away at the mention of something like that, but not Kris. Over the years, he learned to be able to tell when she on her cycle. It amazed Yun Mi, really, because he showed no signs of disgust. 

"Oh, c'mon," Kris laughed with her, "It's natural." 

It's natural, Yun Mi laughed in her head. Again, none other than Kris. 

 

It was Kris, afterall, who had been there when she spent hours crying in the bathroom because she was afraid of all the blood. It wasn't like her mother was any help, she spent her days piss- drunk in her room. Yun Mi remembered being terrified of telling anyone about it, even Kris. It was a girl thing, something that she wanted her mother for, but even as a twelve year old girl, Yun Mi knew better than to bother her mother for anything. So she sat there, trying desperately to make the blood go away, but it kept coming, soaking through the toilet paper. Her jeans were ruined, and there was nothing she could tie around her waist to hide it. When her crying reduced to sniffles, she heard the door of the bathroom open and shut quietly. 

"Yun Mi-ah?" It was Kris.

Yun Mi gasped, "Kris, you can't be in the girl's bathroom!" 

She heard him shuffling his feet, "I know, don't worry, I have my eyes closed." Yun Mi wiped her eyes and smiled.

"You've been in here a while and I was worried." 

Yun Mi shrank back in the bathroom stall, not sure if she should tell Kris about what was happening, it was so embarrassing. She was practically bleeding on herself and her best friend-a boy- was posted right outside, wanting to know what was wrong. 

"Uh...," she stuttered, "Don't be grossed out, okay?"

She heard Kris mutter an 'okay'.

"I think I started my um...you know," she bit her lip, "I don't know what to do, I'm sorry its so gross." 

There was a short silence followed by an enlightened, "Oh!-uh...," and it made Yun Mi want to die of shame.

It all ended with Kris throwing his hoodie over the bathroom stall, instructing her to tie it around her waist to hide the stain. Yun Mi did as she was told, slowly and carefully walking about of the bathroom stall, avoiding Kris's worried gaze. He walked w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter