THE STORM COMES AND GOES

Opposite Worlds

 

            Hikari stared at Kyuhyun standing at the entrance to the living room. He was coldly gazing around the room. His presence instantly turned the aura from a sunny and cheerful mood to an icy cold and deadly one. Kyuhyun looked at each member directly in the eye. He mentally asked one question at all of them which got their faces flinch as if a loud screamo song was playing in full volume with its bass rolled up to the max. Which of you, HYUNGS, plotted this treacherous act of deceiving me? Each word was a strike to their hearts and minds. They knew how sensitive Kyuhyun was about trust, loyalty and deception.

            Kyuhyun had that cold façade on that they only saw twice since the day they met him. Leeteuk, especially, wanted to ease their maknae’s pain which he knew the latter was hiding behind that pair of icy-glass eyes.

            “Kyuhyun-ah…”Leeteuk started, motioning towards him. Kyuhyun’s glare went to Leeteuk and that told him not to approach him or he might do something he’d regret later on. So their leader decided to do otherwise.

            “Would someone dare to explain what is going on in here?” Kyuhyun muttered heavily every word that came out from his mouth.

            “We…” Leeteuk tried to explain but couldn’t find the right words to say which would bring him lesser pain. If he’ll say they wanted to find out about the girl that had occupied his mind lately, Kyuhyun would definitely counsel him about privacy. If he’ll say they only wanted to meet her, he’d say they could’ve asked him first and not do it while he was away…or better to put it as, when they made him stay away.

            “I came here on my own will.”

            That statement got all pairs of eyes direct towards Hikari. She was staring straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes. “I’m a big fan of Super Junior. I’m an E.L.F” she revealed that got various reactions from each of the members. Eunhyuk and Donghae whistled in unison. Sungmin and Ryeowook gasped. Leeteuk, KangIn and Heechul had their jaws crack open. Siwon’s eyes grew big. Hankyung muttered a little woah. Shindong clapped together with Yesung. And Kibum simply had a cold glance.

            Kyuhyun didn’t buy what she said but also got shocked at the revelation. Could she possibly be an E.L.F? He asked himself mental blocking the others from reading his thoughts. “See, I saw Eunhyuk-oppa and Donghae-oppa at the school this morning, and I got overly excited that I approached them. I was really going to ask for their autographs but they offered me a better one. They asked me if I wanted to come to SUPER JUNIOR’S DORM!” she hyperactively beamed at them acting like it’s all she’d ever wanted.

            She thought that if she wanted to make Cho Kyuhyun, the ever suspicious maknae of Super Junior, to believe her, she might as well put on a good act. “Of course they had their own reason for doing so. They said they wanted to thank me, as a group, for saving you from near death. And as a die-hard fan girl, who am I to refuse such a God-given offer? That’s why I’m here right now.” She sweetly smiled.

            “And to answer your obvious question why they had to take you away…” she started. “Well, you group members all know how secretive and private you can get. So they thought you wouldn’t let them throw a thank-you party for me thinking that it wouldn’t be necessary. That’s why they kept it as a secret.” She ended with a bright sunny smile. It somehow softened the moods of the people in the room. She felt a few release their held breaths. Some sighed in relief. And the others warily glanced at Kyuhyun who was looking into her eyes, trying to read her mind.

             “You’re…” lying. He mentally stated. But he didn’t want to reveal that he knew she was lying because firstly, he admired her for trying to cover up for his hyungs’ unforgivably childish acts. It was the first time someone dared lie to him face to face. Not even his hyungs could do that since he’d eventually find out about the truth. Still, this human girl, who knows he could read her mind, risked lying to him just to save vampires that she barely knew. And though she claimed to be a fan of them, it still wasn’t enough reason for her to attempt a lie to him. She was just simply… kind.

            “…speaking the truth” he ended.