Back Home (Kris)

All It Took

>⁞○|○⁞<

Kris was still in a foul mood when he walked into his house but the familiar smell of Hyejin’s cooking managed to crack a small smile onto his face. Walking straight to the kitchen he leant against the doorframe and watched for a moment as his girlfriend danced around the kitchen with her headphones in and iPod shuffle clipped to the strap of the blue and purple apron she had on. The kitchen was a mess but as the woman plated up mash potatoes, peas and minted lamb chops Kris quickly forgot that he’d be the one cleaning it all up later. Slowly walking to the woman Kris wrapped his arms round her waist from behind and chuckled warmly as she jumped slightly in his arms before pulling her headphones off and looking at him. Nothing was said as the first looked at each other, the greeting a simple smile from both of them before Hyejin continued plating up their dinner, wriggling away from Kris she walked to the already set table and sat the plates on their mats then sat down in her seat, smiling up at Kris. The man was quick to join her at the table and after a quick glance at the food he smiled at her and spoke sweetly. “This looks amazing, I hope you didn’t work too hard to prepare it.” The smile Hyejin gave him was breathtaking, her cupid’s bow lips stretching into the cutest smile Kris had ever seen and hey dark eyes sparkling happily at the praise. “It was no trouble,” her voice broke into the air the same way the scent of a baking cake spreads through a room, softly and so subtle in beauty that you barely notice it until it reaches your senses, “I thought I’d have fun with dinner tonight since I knew you’d be stressed.” Kris couldn’t help but be a little confused at Hyejin’s words, tilting his head to the side while picking up the glass of water on the table for him he spoke quietly, his confusion clear in his tone. “You knew I’d be stressed?” Hyejin simply nodded while Kris drank some of the water then she nodded a little to his question and smiled sweetly again. “Xiumin called and told be about your knew partner. I thought you’d be bringing him here so I got the spare room set up, where is he?” Spluttering on his drink Kris shook his head vigorously and almost slammed his glass back onto the table. “It’s not staying here.” Understandably Hyejin raised her eyebrow at Kris’s tone and waited for more of an explanation, after sighing to himself Kris calmed his voice and attempted a small smile while speaking to Hyejin. “I don’t really see the point in him living here. Keeping him in the apartment I have means it’s closer to the office, it can do its own thing and we can get on as normal. Having it here would just be a disturbance and a hindrance to both of us. I’ve got no idea what made you think it’d be staying here.” Picking up his knife and fork Kris starting eating his dinner, at this point it was more as an excuse not to talk that it was a nice meal. Hyejin, as always, knew when to drop a conversation topic so she opted for eating in silence too, the silence lingered the entire meal and was admittedly quite uncomfortable but Kris couldn’t bring himself to break it. He knew that anything he said would be taken the wrong way and he really wasn’t in the mood to deal with any type of argument, it was easier to just let the tension slowly melt away than it was to actually deal with it.

After eating the two sat and watched TV for a while before crawling into bed together. Kris wrapped his arms protectively round Hyejin and smiled softly to her, gently playing with her hair while speaking softly. “I have to get up early tomorrow, I’ll try not to wake you, yeah?” Hyejin gave the man a small nod before closing her eyes, as normal she fell asleep almost instantly leaving Kris to watch her sleeping features for a while, letting her warmth and scent slowly lull him to sleep.