Reset

Reset

 

(Jaeyeon’s POV)

Annyeonghasaeyo lovely readers. My name is Shim Jaeyeon and I’m 23 this year. OK, don’t het jealous or anything when I say this. I’m dating Super Junior’s Lee Donghae. First of all, put down whatever weapons you’re holding. I can ensure you that Donghae is completely fine with this. He said that I made him happy and isn’t that what all of you ELFs want? Secondly, SM knows about it and acknowledges our relationship, they told the reporters that the two of us were dating and not to create any scandals.

Now, you must all be wondering what do I work as. Guesses? Okay, I’m a maid at the dorms. Obvious, I don’t really have much talent and I don’t think I can sing very well. One reason why I do not understand why Donghae chose me to be his girlfriend, he said I’m really pretty, but personally, I don’t think so. I’m more of a sports person actually, but my brain told me to work for Super Junior. I think I knew why, it wanted me to be Donghae’s girlfriend, and that’s totally lucky!

*FLASHBACK*

“Jaeyeon ah, can I tell you something?” Donghae asked, cold sweat trickling down his temple.

“Neh, what is it?” I replied, shooting him a look of curiousity.

“Jae…jae…yeon ah, would you… be my… girlfriend?” He stuttered.

I couldn’t believe my ears, Super Junior’s Donghae, asking some idiot like me to be his girl? This is impossible. Someone tell me I’m dreaming, I’m just stupidly seeing and hearing things. You know, I’ll answer him first to see if I’m REALLY dreaming.

“Really? You mean it?”

“Neh, I do. Everytime I see you, m heart skips a beat, I’m speechless, breathless. I love you Jaeyeon. Please be mine.” He pleaded.

That was definitely not me hearing things. Donghae really wants me to be his girl. He’s on his knees now, giving me puppy eyes. Aww… how cute. I knelt down in front of him and gave him a peck on the check, catching him by surprise.

“Is that a yes?”

“Neh. Sarangahae oppa.”

Yup, with that sentence, our love story started.

(Donghae’s POV)

As the months passed, my relationship with Jaeyeon bonded closer and closer. Everyday, our routine was standard. Either one of  us would wake the other with a kiss, Jaeyeon would cook breakfast, I would leave for my schedules while Jaeyeon did the chores. When I returned, Jaeyeon would ask the members what they wanted to eat and either cook or buy it. Seems to run smoothly everyday eh? Well, I thought so too, until something happened  which left me filled with regret, If life only had a reset button, I would have used it at that point.

“Morning Donghae oppa.” Jaeyeon climbed beside me and kissed me softly on my cheek.

“Morning angel.” I smiled, and pulled her into another kiss.

I went to the bathroom to wash-up and got ready to dig into Jaeyeon’s delicious, kimchi fried rice. Shortly after, I left for work with the other members, not forgetting to give Jaeyeon a peck on the lips.

(Jaeyeon’s POV)

After the Super Junior members left, I started with my work- chores. I know it may sound tiring to some but hey. I’m working for Super Junior okay? I bet you guys won’t be tired doing chores for them! Anyway, I started with washing the dishes. These people really eat a lot. I mean, the sink was kind of average sized but their dishes stacked all the way to the top (including the pots). I wonder what did wookie cook? 30 whole minutes passed, and I finally finished washing the plates.

Next, I started to do the laundry. I’m not going to explain in detail what did I exactly wash. Guys clothes, simple. I worked for the next 7 hours straight before I took a shower and read a book until it was almost time before most members would return from their schedules. I phoned Leeteuk to ask him what the members wanted for dinner. He told me to cook rice f or 13 members first as Donghae and Sungmin was returning late. I said a quick “ok” and hung up.

(Donghae’s POV)

   Sigh, why must I return home later than the other members (excluding Sungmin), I miss her…. Aish. I entered the door and saw the other members still wolfing down their dinner. I carefully crept to the kitchen and saw Jaeyeon using her phone. I hugged her from the back and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“Oppa! You’re back! You must be hungry! What do you want to eat?” She smiled and kissed me on the lips.

“Hey beloved angel, can you help me buy my favourite kimchi fried rice?” I requested.

Without hesitating, she ran to grab her coat and dashed out of the door.

A while later…….

“DONGHAE!!! JAEYEON!!! CAR….CRASHED….INJURED… XXX HOPSITAL!!!!” was the only thing I heard when Sungmin burst through the door.

Immediately, I ran out of the door and rushed to the hospital which Sungmin told me. As I was driving along the road, I kept crying and whispered “Mianhae” for probably a thousand times. It was all my fault. If I haven’t told her to buy dinner for me, this wouldn’t have happened. Mianhae Jaeyeon ah……

(Narrator’s POV)

Once Donghae reached the hospital,  he raced to the counter and asked where was Jaeyeon’s ward. When he received the information, he  ran up the stairs and flung the door open, only to see he hooked to a drip and wrapped up with bandages all over. He trudged his legs slowly to the bedside, grabbed a chair, sat down, and burst into tears again.

“Jaeyeon, I’m a bad oppa, you never deserved to be like this, I should have never told you to buy my stupid dinner,it’s all my fault.”

After he said that, he flung himself  once more onto the bed, crying while holding on to Jaeyeon’s frail hand.

(Jaeyeon’s POV)

I seemed to have been knocked out, but now my health is getting more stable, I slowly opened my eyes to see….. the hospital. What am I doing here? I felt something on my hand. Turning my head, I saw a familiar figure. I squinted some more…. Donghae? Crying?

Since I was still weak, I used my other hand the Donghae was not holding on to and placed it on his head and tightened my grip. Donghae, don’t be such a sleepyhead. Don’t cry oppa, I’m still here. Slowly, I saw Donghae’s head lift up, Upon seeing me, he brightened up and cried again, but for joy this time. After a good 10 minutes of  crying, yes, donghae is that sensitive, he hugged me really tightly. Despite my body screaming out in pain, I did not protest. I knew it was hard for Donghae to see me like a person who was fed sleeping pills while being bandaged up like some Egyptian mummy.

“Jaeyeon ah, I’m so sorry but…..” Donghae started, looking  down and fiddling with his fingers

“I think we should… break up….” He continued and looked down further.

“BOH?!?!?!?!” I shouted though still weak.

Me? Break up with Donghae? No was was that going to happen! Which idiot would break up with him? You know how many ELFs  there are chasing him? (That includes you, the person who is reading this now)?!?!?

“Waeyo? Did I do something wrong?” I asked.

“No. It’s not you, it’s me.”He replied.

Eh? What did he do wrong? Please don’t tell me that he went out with another girl. No wait, he’s too innocent to do that. What the fudge did he do?

“Oppa, what did you do wrong?”

“I… caused you to be like….this…”

You got to be kidding me…. -_-‘ll

“Oppa, it’s not your fault, it’s no one’s.” I laughed.

“But..but, if you know, I didn’t tell you to buy my dinner, you wouldn’t have been like this.” He said.

I just smiled and patted the space beside me. Obediently, Donghae got beside me and shot me a curious look. I held his chin lightly and gave him a peck on the lips, leaving him stunned.

“Oppa, you can’t blame yourself for everything that is wrong. Hey, I still love you, not less, but more in fact. You’ve always stayed by my side no matter how busy you are and I’m sure you over worry about me when you’re working. There is 100% no reason why I should hate you.”

“Jaeyeon ah….. I love you.”

I smiled in return, planting kisses on his temple.

(Donghae’s POV)

Having Jaeyeon as my girl was probably the smartest thing I’ve done. After the car accident, I thought she would totally hate me, but things actually turned out better. Remember what I said about life having a reset button? Well, I take my words back, I don’t ever want to use it anymore. I pulled away from the hug and looked at Jaeyeon.

“I love you.” I said once again before pulling her into a long kiss.