Chapter 16

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yi Fan took a refreshing shower but it still wasn’t even enough to ease his uneasiness. He couldn’t even sleep and eat properly but he was still trying to convince his self to just enjoy the night. He dried his hair with a towel as he looked at his suit which was neatly laid on his bed. But the most special accessory that made him smile was a pretty necklace for Jieun. It wasn’t as unique as what others give to their girlfriends, but her intention makes it so special. He wasn’t even sure if Jieun’s finally ready to be his girlfriend, but he’s going to try anyway.


Meanwhile, Jieun was almost ready with Jessica’s help, putting on finishing touches on her hair and make-up. Jieun couldn’t even look at the mirror properly and kept on questioning if it really was her own reflection.


“Jieun, you’re beautiful inside and out. Don’t ever question yourself.” Jessica told her.


“Unnie, I’m nervous.”


“Don’t be and don’t ever forget to smile.” The elder assured her. “I know this is beyond my job already but…Yi Fan is really the perfect guy for you.”


“Everyone else says so.” Jieun blushed.


“He really is. He accepted who you are, and despite not knowing that you’re an heiress, he still loved you. He takes care of you, respects you, and he even never let anything bad happen to you. Has he asked you out?”


“You mean on a date? Uhm, yes, a lot of time.”


Jessica chuckled, “Not that, has he asked you to be his girlfriend already?” Jieun shook her head. “Maybe he really is just waiting for you. You know it is not bad to give it a try and it does not mean that you two are a couple, you have to give up everything. Use your love as an inspiration to do more things in life. Now, tell me, how do you feel around him?”


“Well… I like his presence and I get jealous whenever I see girls around him, I get worried if I don’t see him all day, it feels like my day isn’t complete if he does not play pranks or go nagging me to eat with him. My heartbeat race whenever I see him, and well…”


“His kisses…I think I know that…”


“It gave me butterflies in my stomach. It was like I was being tickled all over my body…I like him.” Her cheeks became redder and Jessica giggled at her confession. “Unnie~ What should I do? He doesn’t even ask me…to be his girlfriend…”


“Well, tell him that you like him too. It does not matter anymore. As I’ve said, he’s just waiting for you.”


“If he does not ask me, then I should confess?” Jessica nodded. It was so far the best news that her sister would love to hear. “Okay. I’ll tell him the truth…later.”


“Good luck with that…but you better dress up first.” Jessica told her before leaving her inside her room.


Jieun got nervous even more with her plan. She doesn’t really know how she would say it and just told herself to worry about the confession when they’re already at the party. Getting the dress her friends chose for her, she got ready and hoped for the best for that night. It was indeed a very special night.


Yi Fan pressed the doorbell nervously and he was anxious to see Jieun dressed up beautifully. He smiled but then Jessica was the one who opened the door.


“Oh, Jieun is still dressing up, but she’ll be here in a minute.” Jessica told him as he took a seat on the couch.


“Unnie, I might trip in this dress…and the shoes…it’s too high!” Jieun said as she was gracefully going down the stairs, just like a real princess. Her face was glowing and she was the most beautiful girl Yi Fan had ever seen. “Uhh, stop staring…please. I’m getting conscious.” Jieun snapped her fingers in front of him.


“Sorry, it’s just that…you look…wow.”


“You too.” She blushed and looked down on her feet.


“You might want to stop flattering each other and go to the party before you get late.” Jessica told them and Yi Fan got Jieun’s arm, hooking it with his own. “Oh wait. Picture! I’ve got to have picture!”


“You’re also one of our fans now?” Yi Fan playfully asked her as he posed with Jieun.


“Yes, right from the start. I am your number one fan, even before Henry, Amber and Krystal.” The nanny stated as she snapped multiple pictures of the couple. “Okay! I think that would be enough. Go on now, enjoy this very special night.”


“We will.” Yi Fan assured her.


“Oh my god, my babies are all grown-up.” She said dramatically and wiped an imaginary tear, causing the couple to laugh at her antics. “Seriously, go now!”


The couple shyly walked out of the house to go to the college party. The two kept on glancing each other shyly and they have never been so giddy in their whole life.


“As your nanny had said, let’s enjoy the evening.” Yi Fan held her hand until they entered the hall.


Students were all dressed up and in their best very excited for the party dedicated to the seniors and other graduating students. Even their professors who look nerdy and old during regular school days were at their best, looking all dashing and attractive. Yi Fan then squeezed her hands and he led her to the table where his other friends were, along with their own dates.


“Hey~ I like your dress. And for once you don’t look like a commoner.” Tiffany told her while checking out her dress and Yi Fan chuckled.


“If you only knew…” he pulled out a chair for Jieun and sat then sat beside her. He wanted to tell her that her wealth is not even one-third of Jieun’s property, but he does not want to reveal anything and be cocky about it.


“Only knew what?”


“Nothing.” Yi Fan told her and started to just talk with Jieun while waiting for the program to start.


In just a few minutes, the program had finally started but only a few people were listening. The students were already itching to hit the dance floor
and cherish their night as college students. Even Jieun couldn’t really listen well, especially that there was a handsome man getting her attention every time and trying to flirt with her.


The purpose of the party was to thank the seniors in advance and give awards to the excelling students but all the other students think they should just have fun and nothing else.


“I’m hungry.” Yi Fan blurted out while the program is still

Please log in to read the full chapter