Final

I Just Wanna

I just wanna love you, give me that chance; wanna hold you. Baby, you know that I need you, I need you and I’m wondering all—

   Kris stopped on his tracks, hearing an unfamiliar voice singing in the hallway. He stepped back a bit and saw Amber talking to the camera while standing on the plastic stairs.

   Amber paused for awhile and continued, reaching a high note while moving her hands around. “—the time. So like that; that that that that. Wooh~” She cheered, her pointer fingers moving towards the camera as if poking it then she went down.

   “Amber,” Kris called her attention just in time when she stepped up a bit to do something with the camera.

   Amber looked at the taller as he made his way towards her and she went down again to face him. “Hey, Kris. What’s up?” She grinned up at him.

   “I didn’t know you could sing that well.” Kris complimented, not beating around the bush. Yeah, he’s heard her sing when they’re together on stage but not in this kind of tone.

   Amber felt herself flush as she blinked. “Oh, so you heard?”

   Kris just shrugged a shoulder. “And you composed it, yeah?”

   The girl nodded, “Uh-huh. That was the English version..” She paused, “Well, obviously.”

   Kris got curious. “Was it dedicated to someone?” He tilted his head to the side.

   Amber widened her eyes as she felt her heart pound. “I, uh..” She cleared , awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck. “Uh, yeah..?”

   Kris tried his best not to frown, forcing his eyebrows to rise up from what seemed like amusement. Amber dedicating that song to someone? Really? “Do you mind if I ask.. who?”

   “Uh,” Amber blinked, looking around for an escape. Or a reason to escape. Or something to avert the topic from. “S-Someone..?”

   “Is he someone I know? Close to me? Or you? Is he in the same company as us? Or from a different one? Older? Shorter or taller than me?” Kris started, bombarding her with questions. “A rapper? A singer?”

   Amber took a step back, “Hey. Easy, dragon.” She said, raising both her palms up in surrender.

   “It isn’t me, is it?” He muttered.

   “Well—Wait, what?” Amber looked at him with eyes full of confusion, clearly hearing what he had just said.

   “What?” Kris blinked then widened his eyes upon realizing that he accidentally slipped. “Oh, uh—I meant..” It was his turn to clear his throat. “I—I should probably go.” He quickly his back and was about to go when Amber took his wrist, stopping him from leaving, which sent bolts up on both the rappers’ arms.

   “Wait,” She said as her grip tightened. “What if it’s you?”

   Kris’ heart started to pound as he widened his eyes, still not turning to face Amber.

   The girl gulped. “What if that song was dedicated to you? What if.. What if I wrote the song for you?”

   Kris didn’t know what to answer, his mouth suddenly feeling dry. He didn’t expect that coming.

   “Are you.. Are you going to reject it?” Amber asked, her voice become soft.

   Kris finally faced Amber and found how her eyebrows furrowed in between her forehead, her eyes intently boring into him. “Amber..”

   “Are you going to reject me?”

   The taller kept quiet, his eyes searching hers if she was being serious or just pulling a prank on him but he found nothing but sincerity.

   Realizing that the Duizhang wasn’t going to answer her, she widened her eyes and let her hand slide from his wrist to her side. “Oh my God,” She said in English. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry, Kris.” She shook her head, stepping back. “I.. I’m sorry, I didn’t—I didn’t know what I was doing or.. or saying, I.. Damn it, I just confessed, didn’t I? I screwed it, didn’t I?”

   “Amber..” Kris started, finally finding his voice.

   “No, I..” Amber raked her hair in disbelief. “I’m sorry, I—”

   “Amber,” Kris said, grabbing her by the shoulders.

   That halted her. She looked at him with wide eyes and for the first time in her life, Amber wanted to run away and never show herself to Kris—which of course would be impossible knowing that they’re labelmates. Yes, she was in love with him but she promised herself she’ll never let anyone know, let alone the man himself.

   “I won’t.” He said.

   “W-What..?”

   “I won’t,” Kris repeated. “I’m not going to reject you, Amber.” He spoke in English in which there was more emphasis.

   “What?” Amber replied English in reflex.

   Kris sighed as he stepped back, raking his own hair this time. “The constant hugs,” He said. “The stolen glances, the whispers, the closeness.. Why do you think I love doing that with you?”

   Amber felt her blood rush up to her face. “I-I.. I never knew that. I.. I just thought I—”

   “The thing is, Amber, I love you.” Kris interrupted. “I don’t know when it happened or for how long but I just.. I do.” He sighed then chewed on his lower lip. “Aish, so I confessed too. And I screwed it, didn’t I?” He forced out a chuckle.

   Amber stared at the taller for awhile, not believing that they just confessed to each other. Kris also stared back at her but Amber can see how the Duizhang’s cold façade melted into a shy one. EXO-M’s leader awkwardly rubbed his nape, avoiding the girl’s eyes as the silence enveloped their surroundings.

   Kris cleared his throat. “So..”

   Amber snapped out of her trance and chuckled, playfully punching Kris’ arm. “I love you too.”

   Kris widened his eyes and blinked. When he finally was able to process Amber’s words, he grinned widely and threw his arms around Amber’s, resting his chin on her shoulder. “Be my girlfriend?”

   Amber laughed, circling her arms around the Duizhang’s torso. “Do you really have to ask?”


Because my boo showed me this clip. Aha ~ And look at the upper right at 0:10. Imagine that was Kriss feet. ;P Hope you enjoyed reading!