ℳeeting Hana

Min-Min


△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

F12. 

That was the first thing that came to my mind as I, along with the rest of my school, huddled in the hallways and watched the twelve boys stroll past us. 

It was like a dream: they were moving in slow motion - their hair styled perfectly, their uniforms tucked away in a careless manner, their eyes glinting in a bored stare. I was sure there had to be some music playing in the background, it was a scene only shown in dramas.

It wasn't long before a shriek ensued, finally breaking the silence and causing the others to scream as the boys grew panicked - darting nervous glances between each other before taking off in a run. 

One of them brushed past me, his arm gently grazing against mine as my eyes widened and watched him escape down the hall. 

Oh Sehun. 

Another shoved into my arm, causing me to topple over before a pair of hands shot out to steady themselves against my waist. I felt as if my eyes were going to pop out of my head as a face I had only seen on TV smiled, apologizing quickly with a bow before joining s to sprint further away me. 

Kim Minseok. 

He left me gaping, blinking slowly as I watched the screaming girls run after them.

Just days ago, nobody had believed the rumors - whispers had flown through the classes, claiming that SM was planning to let one of their idol groups actually re-work their schedules and find as much time they could to attend school. 

Of course, most of us had all passed it off as lies... only in our wildest fantasies, or cheesiest fanfictions, would we be so lucky to walk the same halls of the most sought out boy group in Korea. 

Considering the screams that were still echoing in the distance, turns out those rumors had actually turned out to be true - Exo had enrolled in our school.



△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

I arranged my supplies for the day, neatly stacking my books and lining up my pens before I decided I had enough time to squeeze in a quick read. 

I happily reached down to my bag, plucking out a random book before placing it open on my desk. 

"There she goes again, have any of you ever seen her without a book?" 

I didn't even bother to glance up as HyunJi's shrill voice continued to taunt me, slurring out further insults as the class laughed along with her. 

"Hey, Park Minah," she called out, her lips pressed into a smirk as she folded her arms and crossed the classroom to where I was sitting. "Do you really read for fun... Or is it because you actually want to cover up your face all the time?" 

"For fun," I answered, smiling widely as her glare hardened. "I love reading." 

HyunJi scoffed, her fingers latching tightly against the cover of my book, ready to snatch it away just as our teacher entered the class. 

I tensed when I felt a small gust of air from the person behind me taking his seat as I straightened, folding my legs and glancing back up at HyunJi. 

The rest of the students piled into our class as HyunJi tossed her hair over her shoulder before she threw me one last look and made her way back to her seat. 

I let out a small sigh of relief, folding my book shut to place it quickly back into my bag. 

Bullying wasn't permitted at Seoul Academy, all of us had images to uphold for our families - but that didn't stop HyunJi from prancing around and getting under people's skin. 

I was an easy target - my nose was always pressed up in a book. My parents, like the others in my school who were doing the same with their kids, were grooming me to take over their company one day. 

Unlike most of my schoolmates, however, my family's company was based in America - prompting me to take English classes from a very young age, and be fluent in it now. 
It was the one thing I held above any of my classmates. 

None of them really liked to talk to me, convinced I was odd for burying myself into my books and not squealing over Exo like the rest of them did. 

The boys had been attending our school for quite some time now, and though it had been a mess when they first arrived - their fans at school were noticeably calmer, and the boys could at least roam the halls without fear. 

I glanced down to my notebook, smiling as I traced a light finger over a small cartoon I had doodled of a familiar face. 

Though my schoolmates thought I held no cares for the idol group - the truth was, I extremely invested in one of them ever since I first saw him perform. 

"And Sehun, what about you? What kind of girls do you like? What's your ideal type?" 

"I like girls who smile a lot... Girls who spread their happiness to those around them." 

The sound of chalk screeching against the board caused me to blink, snapping myself out of my daydream as I quickly scrambled to copy down the notes that were being written. 

I shuffled through the textbooks on my desk, trying to find one of my pens that I had set aside before, and sighed when I heard it fall to the floor with a soft CLINK

I turned in my seat, extending my arm out for it - only to widen my eyes when the boy sitting behind me reached down to lightly pick it up instead.

Xiumin smiled softly, offering me my pen as I wordlessly accepted it and quickly turned back around. 

Flustered, I began to finally copy down the notes, trying to ignore the intense feeling of Xiumin's stares boring into the back of my head. 

I gulped nervously before tearing a small piece of paper from my notes - quickly scrawling a messy 'thank you,' before slightly turning to place it on Xiumin's desk without looking directly at him. 

After the initial shock of the popular boy band attending our school had worn off, students were even more ecstatic to find that the Exo group members were going to be attending the same classes as us. 

Whispers had flown through my class - the most popular theory was that the boys were going to recieve private classes since our school boasted some of the finest educators... but all such theories were thrown out the window when Xiumin and Chen had strolled into our class - standing in front of us all as they bowed and introduced themselves. 

Instead of opting for private tutors, the members of Exo chose to integrate themselves fully into the school by spreading out and joining the regular classes. 

The truth was, if it wasn't for Sehun, Xiumin would be my favorite. 

He was the oldest in Exo though his face betrayed his age, and his personality was odd - in just one lunch period, I had seen him act mature in one second, only to whine for food, begging one of his other members in the next.

All of the Exo members were infrequent when it came to attending school, they would be pulled out randomly for obvious reasons such as shows and rehearsals. Because Xiumin belonged to Exo-M, he was absent more often, leaving to promote in China and sometimes even staying there for long periods of time.

None of the Exo members had ever been to stay consistently in school for longer than two weeks. 

I settled back into my seat, momentarily forgetting about the boy behind me as I shifted to comfortably postition myself in my chair.

The hairs on my neck rose when I suddenly felt Xiumin lean forward, his warm breath tickling my back as he whispered, "You're welcome." 



△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

"Oh hello, Minah - good morning."

I smiled brightly, bowing my head to greet the various teachers as I made my way through their lounge. School hadn't even started yet, but I had been given a note yesterday to arrive early.

Pausing in front of the awaiting office, I took a deep breath before pushing past the school counselor's doors. 

Mr. Song glanced up when I entered, beckoning me to come forth as I bowed before seating myself across from him. 

"Minah," he greeted. "How are your classes going? I see you're keeping up with your studies." 

"They are going well," I answered, smiling widely. "I'm taking extra classes to be prepared for my college applications." 

Mr. Song nodded, glancing once at his computer screen before turning back towards me. 

"I'm glad to hear it, I know you'll do well... Actually, the reason I called you in here today wasn't to talk about your grades." 

I glanced up curiously, furrowing my brows as I asked, "Then, what did you need to talk about?" 

"We have a new student arriving this morning," Mr. Song answered, turning his screen to show me an online file of a transferee. "Her name is Lee Hana." 

My eyes flickered up in interest, wondering if I had even heard right. 
As far as I knew, our school didn't take in new students. The only time I had seen Seoul Academy make an exception, was when Exo had enrolled. 

The students of this school - our families were all acquainted with each other, causing all the kids to know each other from attending the same elite schools, ranging back to even when we were all in diapers. 

Mr. Song continued before I could even ask what the new student had to do with me as he said, "She's actually transferring from the states - we're not sure if she can speak Korean, and the principal wanted to appoint you to show her around." 

Unable to hide my excited interest, I stared curiously at the computer screen, scanning my eyes over her name and moving down to her skills. 

"What do you say?"

I blinked, slightly hesitant before I broke out into a wide smile and nodded, "Of course! I'd be happy to show her around." 

"I knew we could count on you," Mr. Song enthused with a smile. "Just be there in the front hallway to greet her when she arrives." 

I nodded again, standing up to bow before I made my way out of his office and back out in the hall.  

"Oh and Minah?"

I turned back around as Mr. Song's smile slightly faded, his voice strangled as he struggled to explain, "She might be feeling really overwhelmed with being in a new school, try to be excited. You know, flash her a welcoming smile and be as happy as you can."

I nodded, "Of course! I'll make sure she feels welcome, don't worry."



△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

I stood waiting, eyeing the familiar students enter the school as I kept a lookout for the girl resembling the picture in my hands. 

My eyes widened when I finally saw her - she entered slowly, her eyes flickering in disinterest as she glanced lazily around her. 

I excitedly began to make my towards her, already smiling widely as I swiftly stepped in front of her. 

I hesitated for a split second, reminding myself to refrain from speaking Korean as I blurted out in English, "HAIIIIIIIIIIII!" 

The girl blinked, obviously disoriented as I continued, "I'M MINAH! WELCOME TO SEOUL ACADEMY!" 
 
Hana didn't answer as I leaned my head, raising out my hands to happily sing out, "WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!~ WELCOOOOOME WELCOMEEEEEE!" 
 
I opened my mouth to greet her again, confused as to why she wasn't responding - but widened my eyes in alarm when she suddenly clamped her hand swiftly over my parting lips.
 
"Why are you yelling?" She hissed in English, confirming Mr. Song's guess. 

Her eyes narrowed into a glare as she released her hold on my mouth, leaning away as I apologized quickly, 
"Oops! Sorry!" 

I threw my hand up into a peace sign, emphasizing my apology before I stuck out my tongue and grinned widely. 
 
I straightened when she scoffed, her arms folding across her chest as I cleared my throat and handed her the stack of papers in my hand. 
 
"I was assigned to welcome you here and give you your class schedule and locker combination." I explained, making sure to lower my voice as Hana eyed me before accepting the papers. "Our school counselor also left you some instructions, but you can always go find him if you have more questions." 
 
I waited patiently, watching her quickly flick through the pages before she glanced up and gave me a small nod. 
 "Uhh, thanks."
 
"Where are you going?" I asked, bewildered when she passed me to walk away. "I'm supposed to show you around." 
 
"Thanks, but I'll find my way." 
 
I watched blankly as she gave me a small wave before continuing to make her down the hallway. 

I smiled, knowing I liked her already as I cupped my hands around my mouth to yell, "YOU'RE WELCOMEEE~! I'll find you later for lunch! I have a feeling we're going to be good friends!!"
 
Hana paused, her figure standing still as I curiously watched her back before she shook her head and continued to walk further away from me. 

She likes me.
I can tell, I'm good with these things. 

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽



 Author's Note:

Let me just first say that I thought I was laughing at my own self for Se-Min... 

Buuuuut I apparently have some very naughty-minded readers. 

You nasties, I like you. 

If you guys go back to my foreward, you'll now get my little added joke of how Min-Min sounds better because Se-Min sounds like...

ANYWAY.

 I already have the sweetest feels writing this, Min-Min is going to be the cutest things ever ^^ and uhhh 30+ upvotes already? I can't even deal D: you guys are all just tooo shrimpin' amazing!

Things will be more explained through Minah's side - like how she realizes she only had a crush on Sehun, moving on to how Min-Min is born and comes to be! 

This side story won't be toooo long, but hopefully it'll satisfy your needs for floooooffff because brace yourselves... it's fluffin comin. 

Team Min-Min!

ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ