When A Stranger Calls

Collection of EXO Oneshots

When a stranger calls

Theme - Horror

Pairing - HunHan

A/N: I've changed the ages of some of the members. Xiumin (Minseok), Kai (Jongin), and Suho (Junmyeon). *for any fans new to EXO, those are the their real names. so yeah i hope you enjoy Everything is writen in Luhan's POV, but i think i started shifiting into 3rd person somewhere in the middle so yeah, just a heads up if things get confusing. p.s. this is my first time writing anything...scary? my first horror attempt, hope you like it. :)

 

Luhan’s POV

“Ok Luhan, the kids are asleep so all we need you to do really is just keep an eye on them, okay? We’re gonna be out until pretty late so can you manage until then?”

“Yes Mr. Kim.”

“That should be it, thank you Luhan for babysitting for us on such short notice, and on a Friday nonetheless.” He smiled and rubbed my shoulder.

“Anieyo, it’s the least I can do. I didn’t really have anything planned anyway.” I smiled back.

“Ok well then we’re off, come on dear.” Mrs. Kim came walking by and patted my shoulder.

“If you get hungry sweetie help yourself with whatever is in the kitchen, and the kids already had supper so if they wake up hungry just shoo them off with a glass of milk.”

“Yes Mrs. Kim.” And with that they both left. At first I didn’t know what to do, but my stomach growled, telling me it knew what I wanted. I patted my stomach as I made my way to the kitchen. I looked around and even though everything is fully stocked, I couldn’t find anything I wanted. I settled on just making some ramen. While the ramen was cooking I went to the dining table and got out my homework from my bag. I might as well get this done while I’m here. I made sure everything I needed was out before going back to finish my ramen. I cracked the egg and watch it drop in with a plop. I cooked that for about a minute and took the pot off the stove. I sprinkled the dry ingredients in and walked to the table stirring everything around. As I settled down into the chair I took a bite of the ramen as I examined my first subject for my homework: Calculus. “Uggghhh.” I sighed in confusion. What the hell kind of high school issues calculus? Oh yeah my school, freaking Seoul.

“Ok let’s see, ‘What is the limit of 1 minus x squared divided by x quad minus x, where x is equal to 3?’ Da Fuq am I supposed to know this? I’m barely a senior, it’s the beginning of the year and they’re already giving out like this. It’s not that I don’t know how to do it, it’s just that….I’m too lazy. Despite how lazy I feel and how much I don’t want to do it, I do it. “So the limit does exist and its -2/3, hehe I’m smart.” I smile, proud of myself. All of a sudden the phone rings. I look at it surprisingly, they didn’t  tell me anyone would be calling. With much hesitation I stride over to the phone. I pick it up and answer.

“Yoboseyo?” I say. At first I hear nothing and without a second thought I hang up. Maybe they got the wrong number. I sit back down and continue doing my homework. About a minute later the phone rings again. I sigh and get up to answer it.

“Yoboseyo?” there’s a pause after I say that but then someone answers.

“Have you checked on the kids?” and with that the call is ended. I look at the phone weird and then glance up towards the kid’s room. The door is closed, like how it was when I came. I went up the stairs and opened the door and poked my head inside. All three of them were asleep, chests going up and down indicating they were breathing. I closed the door and hung the phone up when I got downstairs. ‘Maybe it was Mr. Kim asking if the kids were ok, but got interrupted.’ I decided that that was why he called and finished my homework. Seconds later I got a call on my phone. I looked at the screen and saw it was my boyfriend. I smiled and pressed the call button.

“Yoboseyo”

“Hey Jagiya, what’ya doing?” I felt shivers go down my spine. His voice is so much deeper over the phone.

“Hey Sehun, and I’m babysitting. I just finished our calculus homework, much to my dismay. Now I’m bored.”

“Is that so? Want me to come over, I can make your night better.” I caught on to the flirtatious tone in his voice. As much as I wanted it, I had to decline.

“Mianhae Sehun, but I don’t think the Kim’s would be fond if they found a certain type of stain on their couch.”

“Oh you’re babysitting for the Kim’s? Well then that’ll make this experience a whole lot funner.”

“Sehun.”

“Yes?”

“NO!”

“Ok ok I get it.” He said laughing. I started laughing until the phone rang again.

“Hey babe, let me call you back, the phone’s ringing…again.”

“Ok ttyl. MUAH.”

“Ugh. You’re so mushy, you need to stop hanging around Kyungsoo.”

“Although I can’t promise that, it makes you smile right?” I blushed

“Yes it does, I gotta go now.”

“Ahh where’s my kiss?”

“Ugh. Fine. Muah.”

“There we go.”

“Ugh bye.” I said and hung my phone. I rushed over to the house phone and quickly accepted it putting it to my ears.

‘Yoboseyo.” At first all I heard was breathing so I knew someone was on the other line. After a few seconds the person speaks.

“Have you checked on the kids?” and with that the call was ended. I took the phone away from ear and inspected it. This is exactly what Mr. Kim asked me earlier when he called, or so, what I thought was Mr. Kim. Ok things are getting weird now. I didn’t go up to check on the kids this time since I figured everything would be ok since it hasn’t been long since I last checked on them. I settled on the couch and the TV. I started flipping through channels, nothing really perking my interest. “This is exactly why I don’t watch TV.” I mumbled to myself, ‘there’s never anything to watch.’ Just as I finished my thought the phone, once again, rang. It was then I realized I never put it back on the hook and it’s been with me the whole time. I answered, a little annoyed now.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Have you checked on the kids yet?”

“Mr. Kim?” I asked but was only met with the sound of a dead line. I decided to call the restaurant where Mr. Kim said they’d be going to.

“Hello, Thank you for calling EXO, would you like to set up a reservation?”

“No thank you I’m actually looking for...my parents…” I didn’t know how else to say it. “They said they’d be eating there tonight and haven’t come back yet.”

“What is the surname?”

“Kim” I stated.

“Ok I have a Kim Jongdae.”

“That’s him.”

“Im sorry son, he and his wife left about 45 minutes ago.” I was crying on the inside wanting to scream, but kept cool on the outside.

“Ok, gamshabnida.” I said and hung up

I sighed and decided that this was beginning to get ridiculous. I picked the phone back up and dialed the police. I wait only a second until someone answers.

“119 state your emergency.”

“Um, I’m baby-sitting, and someone keeps calling me asking if I’ve checked on the kids. I’ve already ruled out that it’s not either of the parents and I’m starting to freak out a little now.”

“First of all don’t freak out that’ll only make things worse, and second, maybe it’s just some prankers. Has this person threatened you at all?”

“Well no.”

“Then I’m sorry there’s nothing we can do about it.”

“I understand thank you.”

“Have a good night ma’am.”

“You too.” I said and hung up when I realized something…”Hey…I’m not a ma’am, I’m a sir!” I slammed the phone on the hook and sat on the couch contemplating what to do. The phone rings again. And I answer it.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Why haven’t you checked on the kids yet?”

“Who is this?” but again I’m met with the silence of a dead line. By this point I’m freaking out. I once again dial 119

“Yes ma’am is the caller calling again?”

“Yes. I’m scared now. I know he’s out there somewhere watching me, and I’m a boy.”

“Oh my apologies sir; well have you seen him?”

“No.”

“Well there isn’t much we can do about it then.”

“No please help me, I don’t know what to do, please please.” I start tearing up, going into panic mode. I know someones out there, watching me.

“Sir please calm down please, it’ll be ok. Give me your phone number and street address, and if you can keep him on the line long enough, at least a minute, we can try and trace the call. What’s your name again?”

“Luhan.”

“Ok Luhan, if he calls just try to keep him on, and we’ll try our best to trace the call, but you have to keep calm ok. Can you do that for me?’

“Yes.” After a few encouraging words I hang up the phone. I walk around the house dimming the lights. Maybe I can see him. I’m by the garage dimming that light when the phone that’s still in my hand rings again. I hesitantly answer it.

“Yoboseyo.”

“It’s me.” I immediately freeze, I know the voice to well now. “Why did you turn down the lights?” I’m shaking all over, scared to .

“Ca-Can you see me?” I ask him, I start panicking. After what seems like forever he answers.

“Yes.”

“Look, please your scaring me, I’m shaking. Are you happy? Is that what you wanted?”

“No.” I calm down a bit after I heard that that’s not what he wanted. I feel a little relieved.

“Then what do you want?” I ask a little curious as to why he’s calling then. It seems like forever again until he answers.

“Your blood. All over me.” At this my eyes bug and I hang up, slamming the phone on the table in the living room. I wrap my arms around my body as I start silently sobbing. Just then the phone rings again. I answer, but this time I yell at him.

“Just leave me alone!” I yell at him but I’m surprised to hear that it’s not the stranger but the police dispatcher.

“Luhan calm down, it’s me. We’ve traced that call. It’s coming from another room in the house.” As soon as he said that I felt my eyes wanting to bug out of their sockets. “Luhan you have to get out now, you hear me, get out of there now.” I hear him say it and I make a b-line for the door. Before I get there however I turn back around and start sprinting towards the kid’s room. I all but knock the door down. When I can see straight I see that none of the kids are in their beds. I start to panic harder than before as I call out their names.  “Minseok! Junmyeon! Jongin!” I call out. I get no answer. I just want to rip my hair out. All of a sudden I hear shuffling in their closet. Scared out my mind right now I slowly make my way over to the closet. With a shaky hand I reach out and grab the knob slowly twisting it. The shuffling has now stopped by now. I slowly open the door and see nothing. I then look to the ground and see a huge pile of clothes and little limbs sticking out everywhere. I sigh as I call out their names. One by one they all stick their heads out and immediately rush into my arms. I inspect them and make sure everything’s ok. We slowly walk out of the room and down the stairs into the main room. As soon we reach there’s a knocking on the door. The kids grip my shirt even tighter, daring to rip it off. I motion for the kids to keep quiet as I make my way towards the door. As I pass the fireplace I pick up one of the fire irons. I slowly make my way to the door and put my hand on the knob. I slowly turn it and whip it open ready to smack whoever it was.

“Woah woah woah wait. Jagiya what’s with the stick?” I paused in mid strike and stared wide eyed at my boyfriend. What the hell is he doing here? I lower the fire iron and allow him inside. I close the door and turn to look at him.

“Sehun what are you doing here. You nearly scared me to death.”

“I just wanted to see you and why were you so scared, and why are the kids up?” he asked motioning to the three behind me.

“Sehun, someone’s been calling me, asking if I’ve checked on the kids. After a while I got so scared I called the police and at first they wouldn’t do anything but I pleaded and the said they would trace the call if he called again. When he did he told me that he wanted my blood all over him. Then the policeman called again and told me that the call was coming from inside the house. I’m guessing the kids already knew something was up because they weren’t in their beds when I went to get them.”

“What are you guys still doing here then if the person is inside the house?”

“You interrupted our escape.” I said nonchalantly. “Hey Sehun, you didn’t see anyone when you came here did  you?”

“No I didn’t. why don’t we just leave now?”

“That would seem like the logical thing to do. Come on guys.” I tell the three kids, however when I turn around, there’s only two. My facial expression changed as I looked to the oldest of the three.

“Junmyeon where is Jongin???”

“Mollayo.” He says shrugging his shoulders.

“Here I am”, Jongin says coming from around the corner. “I had to use the bathroom.” I all but ran up to him and crushed him into a hug.

“Don’t go off anywhere else Jongin ok.” He nodded. I scooped him up and held him in my arms, as Sehun picked up the other two and looked to me. “Ready?” I nodded my head as he opened the door and started to walk out we got to the front gate and noticed it was locked; with a deadbolt lock and a chain. I turn and look at Sehun who scrunched his eyebrows.

“It wasn’t locked when I came in, I swear.”

“Then what could’ve happened?” I ask no one in particular.

“Looks like that stranger doesn’t want you to leave.”

“That helps.” I say sarcastically.

“Is there not another way outta here.” Sehun says getting frustrated now. I was going to answer but Minseok beats me to it.

“No hyung, the house is gated all the way around.”

“Dammit.” He exclaims.

“There is another way.” Jongin states; me and Sehun both look at him expectantly and he starts shying away. I pat his thighs as I’m still carrying him.

“Come on Jongin, this might be our only way out. Where’s the other way?” he takes a deep breath before starting.

“In the backyard behind where the doghouse is, there’s a piece of the gate that’s broken. Me and Junmyeon broke it a long time ago when we were playing and we were scared to tell mom or dad so we moved the doghouse over to cover it up.”

“Good thinking Jongin, come on.” Sehun said as we all made our way around the side of the house and to the back yard. And there was the doghouse; over by the corner of the yard. We all ran over to it. Sehun put the kids down as he moved the doghouse from its place. We all went wide eyed, surprised to see that there was no hole. Everything looked fixed. Jongin struggles to free himself from my hold and I let him go. He runs over to the gate and starts pulling on the bars; crying.

“It was broken, I swear it was, I’m so sorry.” I bent down next to him and his back.

“Jongin it’s ok, it’s not your fault.” He turns around and cries in my arms. Minseok soon starts to make noises. I looked up and he tugging on Sehun’s shirt pointing at the doghouse. Sehun then starts to read aloud.

“You’re going to have to try a little harder.” Sehun slowly reads. “It’s written in blood.” He states, covering his nose which is then smelt by all of us by now.

“Hey where’s Monggu?” Jongin asks, worried about where his dog could be.

“What’s that over there?” Sehun asks, pointing to a bush next to the doghouse; Jongin all but sprints over there. I’m right behind him. When we get there I move the bush enough to see a small brown dog lying there with deep gashes all over its body. It’s limp and shows no signs of life.

“Monggu?” Jongin asks the dog, but it doesn’t move. Jongin keeps saying the dog’s name as if it will suddenly spring back to life, but we all know that’s not going to happen. Jongin then turns around and sobs in my arms, again. All I can do is rub reassuring circles on his back.

“So we’re not getting out of here are we?” no one says anything, unsure if we really can get out of here…alive at least.

“Wait…” Junmyeon starts. “There’s another way out. I remember father telling me about it. In the basement there’s a hole in the wall in the corner where the mirror is. If we go through it, it will lead us to the sewer lines.”

“Great thinking kid.” Sehun says, ruffling his hair. All five make their way back inside the house cautiously. Very quietly they maneuver their way through the kitchen and stand at the entrance to the basement. They slowly make their way down, unable to see anything at first. Luhan pulls out his phone and uses it as a light source. Luhan is in the front, followed by the children, with Sehun protectively at the back. Luhan spots the mirror almost instantly and they all make a dash for it.

“Alright Sehun help me move it” both boys get on either side and push it forward away from the wall. The hole is there. Sehun goes back behind the kids and Luhan motions for them to start crawling.

“Alright guys just go, we’re right behind you.” They nod and one by one start disappearing into the hole. As soon as Luhan bends down to go into the Sehun gasps Luhan stands up immediately but Sehun pushes him back down.

“Jagiya what’s wrong.”

“Luhan listen I need you to follow the kids ok. Don’t turn around, don’t stop, just go ok.”

“Sehun-ah what are you talking about, we’re all going.” Sehun smiled a bitter smile and looked at the mirror. I don’t like that smile. He placed a kiss on my forehead and all but shoved me into the hole, quickly moving the mirror back in place. All I heard was a grunt and then I heard the kids call me. Tears tug at the corners of my eyes as I heard the grunt replay over and over in my head while crawling to the kids. we walk for what seems like an eternity, i think this sewer line will lead us to the city considering how long we've been walking. We reach an opening and run towards a little ray of light coming from above.

“There…that should lead us outside.” I get the kids climbing and Minseok is the first one. He moves the covering of the manhole. One by one we slipped out and onto the street. We were in front of the Kim’s house now. There were policeman everywhere. They all looked at us as we made our way out. One of them I guess recognized me and called me “Luhan!” my head popped up and he came running over to me.

“Hello Luhan, my name is Baekhyun, I was the dispatcher on the phone from earlier.” I only nodded my head, holding the kids as close as possible. “we got here as fast as we could, is everyone alright?”

“Yes we’re alright, but my boyfriend….” I started tearing up again. “My boyfriend is still in there. He stayed back as a distraction so we could escape through a hole in the basement. Please you have to help him.”

“Luhan calm down please. Is that your boyfriend?” Baekhyun asked, pointing in the direction of an ambulance. I had to squint a little but when I did I saw him, my Sehun. There were paramedics stitching up his stomach. The kids all but ran over to him and tackled him down. He gave a smile, a weak one, but nonetheless, a smile. He looked up and saw me. I looked over to Baekhyun who only motioned me to go over. I only looked to Sehun with teary eyes before he pulled me by the back of neck and into his embrace. When we pulled away I looked at his stitched stomach and ran my hands over the stiches.

“How?” he ran his hand over my cheek.

“The paramedic said if they hadn’t found me when they had I would have died from the extreme loss of blood. As soon as I moved the mirror back, the guy trying to kill you slashed my with a knife, a rusty one at that. And then right after he left the basement I heard yelling from the police and I heard a gunshot go off. Then they came down and found me but I was already passed out.”

I wrapped my arms around him so tight. I could’ve lost him tonight. When we broke away from our little hug the Kims pulled up in their car and got out frantically, I could hear Mr. Kims yells from over where we are.

“WHAT’S GOING ON? WHERE ARE MY KIDS? WHERE’S LUHAN? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE.” Baekhyun started talking to him as I walked up to them. As soon as Mr. Kim saw me he pulled me into a hug. I hugged back not sure what to do. He put his hands on both sides of face.

“Are you ok Luhan.”

“Yes Mr. Kim I’m fine.” I say trying to smile.

“and my kids?”

“As safe as can be.” I looked behind me to my boyfriend who was walking with Jongin in his arms, Junmyeon holding his free hand and Minseok holding onto the hem of his shirt. When he reached us the two that were by his side instantly ran to their mother. Sehun put Jongin down who walked to his father only to be carried again.

“Who’s this?” Mrs. Kim asked, pointing to Sehun.

“I’m his boyfriend, Oh Sehun, nice to meet you.” Mr. Kim looked at me and I started explaining everything from the beginning. Their faces were drained of any color when I was finished, and officer Baekhyun had come to stand by my side, verifying everything I said.

“Can we see him?” Mrs. Kim asked. Baekhyun nodded and led us to the cop car. As we were walking to the cop car, Baekhyun was telling us how this man is wanted for murders in over 6 states across the country. Baekhyun knocked on the window of the driver’s side of the cop car and the officer rolled down the window. Everyone let out a gasp of terror, in the backseat, was no one. Baekhyun had to do a double take as he opened the door to truly reveal that no one was there. Baekhyun started yelling into his walkie, barking orders at any and every one.

“Does this mean we have to go into hiding?” Mr. Kim asked. Baekhyun looked up with an apologetic look in his eyes.

“Until we sort things out and figure out what’s going on, all of you will be relocated into one of our safe houses.” Everyone nodded and with the help of some policemen, packed what they could from their residences. Everyone was required to change their numbers and their appearances. Once all that was done, they made the big move.

 

 

 

 

2 months later

Everything was going good after the incident. We all settled down quite nicely, the kids had no problem adjusting even though they should be traumatized. Sehun’s scar on his stomach has healed up really nice, you can’t even tell he had an injury. Mr. and Mrs. Kim are way to grateful of me and Sehun, they treat us as one of their own. And the kids treat like hyungs and I mean like blood brother hyungs. No one has a problem with me and Sehun being together so that’s a plus. The house that they relocated us to is very luxurious I must say. Baekhyun keeps us updated with anything they find concerning our murderer, as of yet, there’s no sign of him. It’s now getting late and the kids are in bed. The Kims are enjoying themselves drinking a little wine and cuddling on the couch. Me and Sehun are just outside within hearing distance of the parents. We’re slow dancing to imaginary music just enjoying each other’s presence near the pool.

“Hey, what’ya thinking about?”

“How I never got to turn in that calculus homework.” I said pouting. Sehun just smiled and pecked my lips.

“Hey I need more than just a peck.” I said, but Sehun was already walking away towards a cooler by the fence.

“Would you care for a drink, my dear Luhannie?”

“Sehun we’re not old enough to drink yet. Besides I don’t like any alcoholic beverages remember.”

“I know that silly, there’s soda in here.” I made an ‘oh’ face and just laughed. As I looked up I saw something behind Sehun as it came into focus I screamed for Sehun to watch out but it was too late. I heard Sehun scream in pain as a large knife was poking out from through his stomach. he fell forward into the pool and i watched as the cool blue water turn to that of a crimson red.

“NOOOOOO!!!” I yelled. And suddenly I was in my room. I looked over to my side and find Sehun sleeping peacefully. I sigh and lay back down, wiping the cold sweat from my forehead. I let out a bitter smile and roll over on my stomach looking over the side of the bed. My eyes focus on something black sticking out from under the bed. What’s strange is I don’t remember ever putting anything under there. Maybe it was Sehun’s. curiosity won me over and I got down see what it was. When I pulled the sheet up however I was met by a pair of eyes. I tried to scream out but he had my mouth covered as he pulled me under. I felt a sudden breeze on my neck as I look to see streams of red pouring onto the man that had just slit my throat.

“I told you, all I wanted was your blood, all over me.” The man said, it was then I realized who that was. He let go of my mouth and I let out the last scream I would ever scream again.


So there it is. i based it off the movie "When a stranger calls" the 2006 remake. i haven't seen the movie in forever though so some parts may seem not right and i just kind of spun it off into my own thing at the end. comment if you liked it, subscribe if you want more. :) 
P.s. i'm taking requests so only if you want, i'm not making you, you may leave a request including the pairing and the theme, and other things you may want either in the comments or just pm me. :)