Rm.101

Those Days

Rm.101

 


Yuri was in high spirit.  She was officially dating Jung Yunho, her dream guy.  She claimed to have been in love with him the moment she saw him competing in track and field when they were in sixth grade.  He was from a different school and a rival of her brother back then.  Instead of cheering for her brother, she ended up cheering for Yunho. 

When she found out that Yunho went to a private school known for its high standard, she studied hard so she could go to that same school.  It was unfortunate that she didn’t pass when she took the entrance exam.  She told her mother that she’d try again next year and that she’d concentrate on her dance lesson so she could join the club Yunho was a member in high school.  Her father scolded her, their house almost shook at how loud his father was.  In the end, her mother persuaded her father to give in.

“Eh?  You’re eating sweet potato again?  Are you a bunny?” Yuri asked, looking at the sweet potato wrapped in a paper in his hands.  “Here, eat this instead.”  She passed him a pink lunch box which he took before hesitating.

“You’re the one who made this?” he asked looking at the neatly prepared lunch. 

“Hm.”  She nodded and looked away.  She didn’t want him to see her blushing.  She woke up early just to prepare it.  Her mother gave her a good scolding after seeing the mess she made.

She listened to the rustle he made as he moved to eat.  She was hopeful that he would like what she prepared.  She’s not that confident in cooking and Sooyoung would often tell her she at cooking while Seohyun would say that she cooked fairly well for a beginner.

She looked at him when he stopped after one bite.  Was Seohyun lying when she told her that she cooked fairly well?  Was Sooyoung right?  She’d strangle Sooyoung later if Yunho would say that she was a bad cook.

“How is it?” she asked nervously.

Yunho smiled at her and ate more of what she packed.  She heaved a sigh.  “I thought I at cooking.”

“It’s delicious,” he managed to say in between chewing.  She smiled brightly.  That alone made her day a whole lot better.

“I’d bring again tomorrow,” she said as she clapped her hands.  She was already thinking on what to cook for tomorrow.  Maybe Yoona could give her an idea.


 

“Eh?” Sooyoung shrieked exaggeratedly.  “You let him eat the poison you call food?!”  She looked up at her sharply.

“That’s mean,” Seohyun said at Sooyoung.

“Bully Sooyoung,” Yoona added.

“Seriously!”  Sooyoung said exasperatedly.  “You guys know what how her cooking tastes like.”

“He said it was delicious!” she said indignantly.  Sooyoung just has a weird taste.  She likes Eunhyuk from the sophomore and that just says something.

“He’s lying then,” Sooyoung said.

“Yuri!” someone called. 

It was BoA.  She was one of Yunho’s closest friends and the president of the performing arts club where she and Yunho belonged.  She liked BoA and she was the first of Yunho’s friends to warm up to her after she and Yunho started going out. 

She excused herself from her friends and walked up to BoA.  “Hey!”

“I heard you packed a lunch for Yunho earlier.  Everyone in class was talking about it and he looked really happy,” she said and winked at her.  She blushed at what BoA said.  She was flattered that everyone seemed to be talking about it but she was even more glad that Yunho was happy.  She’d definitely bring him lunch everyday.


 

It was a Saturday and it was Yunho’s birthday.  They decided to meet at a nearby park to celebrate it together.  She was really excited because she could finally give something to Yunho on his birthday and she could spend his special day with him. 

She came an hour earlier than their agreed meeting.  She made sure that the lunch she packed was wrapped in a secured bag so it won’t turn cold.

“Isn’t that Yuri?”  It was Yunho’s friends, Heechul and Jaejoong.  She bowed to them when they came over.

“What are you doing here?” Heechul asked curiously.

“Isn’t that obvious?  She and Yunho planned to have a date on his birthday,” Jaejoong said.  The two sounded like they have had a few drinks already.  It was a middle of the day.

“The bastard ditched us to date this girl?” Heechul asked, a bit insulted that someone Yunho knew just recently would be the reason that he’d ditch his friends.  Jaejoong laughed dryly.  “What’s so special about her?  She’s not even as good looking as Ara.”

“Heechul!” Jaejoong warned.  “Don’t mind him.  He’s just had some drinks because Yunho went off earlier.”

“He went off earlier?” she asked.  Jaejoong then looked flustered and stared at the bag she was holding.

“Hey, what’s that?”  He pointed at the bag.

“Is that the packed lunch we keep on hearing about?” Heechul said and grabbed the bag from her.  Before she could protest, he already opened the bag and took out the pink lunch box she had been using for Yunho’s lunch. 

“That’s for Yunho.”  She reached for the box but it was too late.  Heechul already took a dumpling from the box with his fingers.  He dropped the box and gagged while his face turned red.

“What the hell!” he spouted and continued gagging.  “Is that even food?!”

Yuri froze.  She looked at the box and the dumplings, most of them were already soiled but there were still two inside the box.  She felt insulted and worried.  Was her cooking really that bad?  And yet she kept giving Yunho that kind of lunch everyday.  She started crying, feeling bad that Yunho has to eat her cooking everyday.

“You just made her cry!  Yunho will be mad,” Jaejoong said and nudged the still gagging Heechul.

“You should be more worried about me.  I think I am going to die.”

“Yuri?”  It was Yunho’s voice.  He rushed to her side and took one look at the situation to figure it out.  He bent and collected the lunch box with the unsoiled dumpling in it.  Much to their amazement, he ate the two remaining dumplings and looked at Heechul.

“You should not eat my food and those dumplings were mine.”  He took Yuri’s hand and led her away from his two friends.

“You really made him angry, idiot!”

“I really think I’m going to die,” Heechul insisted.  


A/N:  So I was bored and was missing my beautiful OTP.  Didn't have anything to update and not in the mood to write a chapter so I decided to publish this one.  Instead of chapters, I tried being creative and used the room assignments we had back in high school (minus the name of the saints of course).  You might get a glimpse of me during those days.

Thank you for reading.