First

Should I choose You?


Soojung wakes up on the sound of morning bird's sound through her window. She got up, walk towards her window and opens it feeling the new spring breeze.

She got out of her room and went down towards the kitchen. “Good morning Sweetie” her dad greets her with a genuine smile plastered on his face. “Morning dad, what’s for breakfast?”

“The usual bacon and eggs with love, oh and I’ll cook your favorite beef later.”

That’s her dad, Jung Joon. The best dad Soojung can have. He loves Soojung so much and treats her like his real daughter. As you can see, Soojung is adopted but not even once she felt that she was one because Mr. Jung Joon here really treats her as his own. And because of that she grew to be a wonderful person.

 


 

She arrived in school on time and sat her seat beside the window. She looks out on the window and sees some students rushing, afraid to be late on their first subject. She shifted her attention inside the room and noticed that her best friend didn’t arrive yet. Where in the world is that person wandering at this time? She thought.

Just then, our homeroom teacher arrives, and then I felt my phone beeped “I’m ditching class, so cover up for me please. Thanks.” Urgh this guy really “Where in the earth are you? This is the last time I’m covering your back, Byun Baekhyun!”

“I went somewhere. It’s important so don’t miss your best friend too much. And that is the nth time you told me that but you still end up covering me. Haha merong. See you later!” She just can’t stand her best friend. But now she really swears that Baekhyun guy will get something from her later. She promises that Byun Baekhyun will suffer!

 


 

School hours passed fast and now she’s having her last subject. She just can’t wait to skin that Byun Baekhyun alive.

“Okay everyone, look here. This is for your project. I’m going to pair you but, will be graded individually. Okay listen up for your pairs” Oh great, more work to do. School works are just so tiring. When will these duties end, I’m just- “Jung Soojung” silence “and Oh Sehun”

Oh Sehun? She scanned through the classroom looking for that person, and then there she saw him. That guy has this straight face like doesn’t care what’s happening around him. I bet he’s not even listening. I guess this is gonna be a hard one. She drifted her gaze back to the teacher who’s giving instructions on what they’re gonna do.

On the other hand, Sehun didn’t give any reaction. He was actually listening since he was waiting to hear who Soojung is gonna be paired with.

Is this even real? Am I dreaming? He wants to wake up back to reality but truth be told, this is already reality. I’m paired to the one and only Jung Soojung he mentally told himself to just relax and try to act cool, but he can’t, his mind is all preoccupied in the thought that the Jung Soojung is his partner. “excuse me, Sehun-ssi?” his thoughts where cut as he looks up and saw where the voice is coming from “uhmm… yes Soojung….. -ssi?” crap, act cool Sehun, act cool “The teacher announced that we will meet up with our pair and plan out for our project”

“Right…. What is our project about again?” Soojung gives him a confused look, I was right he’s not really listening she thought and let out a sigh. What am I doing? I know what the project is. Way to go Sehun he mentally slaps himself “Let’s just start planning the project now?” Sehun asks while flashing a shy smile. Soojung was taken a back after seeing that smile on his face and just answered a smile back at him.

 


 

They got dismissed and pack their things back inside their bags, who ever thought that planning for a project would that be tiring.

Soojung was wrong, she thought Sehun was not listening but he really was. He’s a great guy she thought while smiling “Why are you smiling?” she turns and sees Sehun in front of her “Nothing, just remembered something” she lied.

 


 

They both went to Sehun’s house to start making the project. “Mom, I’m home, I bought a friend” Sehun calls his mom as he offers Soojung to sit down on the couch. His mom comes out from the kitchen wearing an apron, and walks towards Sehun welcoming him with open arms and kisses him “Hello honey, and who’s this fine lady here?” she notices Soojung while the latter bows and greets her “Hello, good evening ma’am, I’m Jung Soojung. Nice to meet you” Soojung flashes her angelic smile. “Hello dear, I’m Oh Mi An, Sehun’s mom. Nice to meet you too and may I add, your pretty. You suit well with my baby Sehun here” “Mom, drop the baby part” Sehun whines.

“See dear? He’s shy and look he’s even blushing, my baby boy is blushing!” Soojung just laughs at how Ms. Oh teases her son. “I’ll go up first and change” Sehun says as he climbs up the stairs going to his room.

 

Ms. Oh goes back to the kitchen and Soojung asks if she could help her, which was gladly accepted by her. “Mind if I ask you questions Soojung-ssi?” Ms. Oh starts the converstation “Yes, sure Mrs. Oh, you can and also, Soojung is fine” Ms. Oh smiles at her and starts continues “So you and my Sehun are classmates ever since?”

“Yes, but we don’t really talk, just now because of this project”

“I see. You know, Sehun talks about this someone all the time but never tells the name, do you know who?” Soojung pauses and thinks “I’m sorry ma’am but, no”

“That’s okay, so enough with that, let’s talk about you, do you have siblings?” Soojung shook’s her head and answers “none ma’am, only child.”

“You’re the same with Sehun, he’s also an only child” Their conversation is slowly getting longer and Sehun joins them.

 


 

The 3 of them ate dinner. Soojung and Sehun continued in their project afterwards. “I really had a great time, thank you for welcoming me ma’am” Soojung smile as she bids her goodbyes “the pleasure is mine dear, glad to have you around” Ms. Oh says as Sehun guides Soojung to the front door. “ooh and kindly tell Mr. Jung-uhmm what’s his full name?”

“Joon, Jung Joon, ma’am” Joon? Jung Joon? Ms. Oh wonders “Right, tell Jung Joon-ssi to let you come here more often”

“Yes Mrs. Oh, thank you again, I better get going now” And with that Soojung left the Oh residence with Sehun sending her off to the bus stop. “Thank you so much Sehun” Soojung says with a huge smile on her face as a sign of sincerity. “No problem, I’m glad you enjoyed and I get to spent time with you” Sehun pats her head and let her get inside the bus.

 


 

Jung Joon Jung Joon Jung Joon Ms.Oh’s mind are clouded up with questions “No, there are many Joon in this world, he can’t be him

“Who can’t be him, mom?” Sehun ask as he just arrived at the front door. “No one, son” Ms. Oh lies. Sehun threw a weird look at his mother, he knows that something is bothering his mother but decides not to ask questions any more, he will just wait until his mother is ready to talk about it.

“Soojung” Sehun stops on his tracks as his mother mentions her name “She… she’s that person you talk about right?” silence “I’m with you son, make sure she knows soon but not too soon.” Ms.Oh winks at his son.

Sehun can’t believe what he just heard so does that mean mom likes her too? He readies himself to self, he guesses that he’ll have a good night sleep just like how he had a great day.

 


 

The couple is both happy sitting there at the park sight-seeing at the beautiful view in front of them while listening to a song Baby Blue Eyes. They promise that they are not letting go with each other no matter what happens. But as we all know, promises are meant to be broken……

“Mi An, I’m sorry but I have to do this. I’m doing this for me, for us to have a good future. Please just listen to me.” He softly says while brushing her hair.

“No, tell me you’re not leaving me…” her voice croaks as tears are starting to fall from her eyes.

“No, I’m not leaving you. I’ll never do that. I’m just going abroad to continue my studies, this is for you, for us, so stop crying now”

“You’re going to send me emails, lets still keep in touch even when you’re far away” she says completely breaking down into tears. She just can’t bear the pain she’s feeling, she needs to release.

 

*CRRRIINGGG

Ms. Oh wakes up due to the alarm. It was just a dream she thought. She stares at the ceiling trying to process what she was dreaming about. Memories are coming back she deeply sighs

[Flashback]

It’s been two months since we last contacted each other. Why is he not answering my emails. Maybe he’s just busy, yes busy, all I have to think is that. Don’t lose hope Mi An, he’s gonna come back, for you.

She just kept that in her mind for a long time. Until such time she got busy with her works too. Until at such time….

“Let’s just stop this now Mi An, I can’t continue this relationship anymore…. I’m sorry but I’m breaking up with you. Find another man who deserves you, someone who’s better than me”
Those were the words she read that broke her into pieces, from that day, she tried to forget all about him, but who was she kidding? She can’t forget that easily.

 

But what she doesn’t know, he let go of her because he got broke. He didn’t achieve the goal he aimed, therefore he can’t keep the promise he gave to her. The promise of having a good future with her, he can’t give her that. For him he was a useless being, so he decided to let her go even though it was heartbreaking in his part to do that. The girl he loves doesn’t deserve a useless being like him. But he promises to himself that soon, he will be successful and she will look for her and try to get her back. But if ever he’s too late, he will just accept the fact that he was wrong to let her go from the start.

“But to tell you the truth Mi An, I’m sorry I didn’t fulfill my promise. I’m letting you go because of some reason, but I promise, this is now for real, please wait for me, can you do it? I’m gonna look for you and if I did, I hope it’s not too late” He wanted to press send but sadly, he was afraid, afraid that what if he will break his promise again, will she accept him again? So in the end, it remained as a draft in his account, and everyday he reads it again and again, having a war with his self on whether to send it or not. You probably guessed it now, that until this he hasn’t pressed that ‘send’ button.

 


 

Days passed, Sehun and Soojung are almost done doing their project. They’ve gotten closer these passed days. Sehun, as we all know how he feels towards Soojung, is afraid that their friendly approach with each other will end after this project. He silently prays that hopefully that doesn’t happen.

The day has come that Sehun is afraid of, deadline. As each students pass their project, Sehun can’t help it but engulf his thoughts with what if’s. And with that, they both passed their project. Sehun walks back to his seat It’s over, she’s not going to greet me anymore he thought with sadness written all over his face.

Their class ended and students all went out in their classrooms. Sehun looks at Soojung’s seat; sadly she’s not anymore there. My guess was right he walks out of the classroom with heavy shoulders. Poor Sehun.

Soojung went out of the classroom fast, she’s in a hurry to meet her bestfriend who’s having different class with her.she wants to let her best friend know meet someone, and that is Sehun. She knows and admiots hat she likes him. (what? Having a crush at someone isn’t bad) As she spots him just going out of his classroom, in a flash, she pulls him along. Baekhyun being dumbfounded is confused and asks “where are you taking me?”

“I want you to meet someone” Baekhyun let goes of her hand ans sighed in relief “FINALLY! You’re going to let me meet someone you like. Congrats on that Soojung” she glares at the latter “could you lower down your voice Baek?”
“Okay, okay. Now, where is he so that I could meet him” he playfully whispers as Soojung pulls him once again and looks for Sehun.

There, she saw Sehun with his head low, slowly walking towards the school gates “Sehun! Sehun, wait up” she shouts, hoping he could hear.

Sehun turns his heels as he hears his name “Soojung?” he can’t believe it, is this true? No Sehun, you’re not. And in a huge grin was plastered on his face as he sees Soojung approaching him, bu wait…. Who’s that guy she’s with?

“Hi, Sehun” Soojung says, trying to catch her breath. “I would like you to meet my best friend, Baekhyun… and Baek this is Sehun” she introduces

“So he;s the lucky guy, hi, I’m the awesome Byun Baekhyun” he starts as a greeting and offers his hand. Soojung throws a why am I friends with this guy  look at Baekhyun while Sehun just laughs and accepts his hand “Sehun, Oh Sehun” he smile but still wonders at Baekhyun’s first statement what does he mean by that? He asks himself.

Sehun must ask about it but was cut off “I better get going, I’m gonna leave you two, byeee” Baekhyun says as he raises both of his eyebrows at Soojung signaling that his planning something. And with that Bakehyun disappears.

“Such friend I have” Soojung lets out, earning a laugh from Sehun “Your friend is something” before Soojung can speak, Sehun cuts her off “come let’s get you home”
Sehun takes back what he said earlier I was wrong he smiles at his own thought.

 

From that day on, Sehun and Soojung goes home together, sometimes with Baekhyun joins them but Baekhyun, being a good best friend, tries not to ruin their moment.

 


 

Sehun and Soojung are always together, goes lunch together and does stuff together. They even knew many similarities from each other. Aside from they are both only childs, Soojung new that Sehun is also adopted by Oh Mi An since she was lonely and doesn’t have a family  anymore, she decided to adopt Sehun. This must be destiny, they both thought inside their head.

Who would have thought that feelings had developed already in a short period of time they’ve been together. They both know that they are having this mutual feeling towards each other but not one of them can tell it yet.

 


 

Ms. Oh strolls around the city and went to that place she’s familiar with this park and there she remembered everything from the past.

Moments passed and she clears her mind and slowly leaves the place but then “Mi An? Is that you?” Ms. Oh can’t believe it, is she hearing things? because for sure she heard his voice. She slowly turns around facing the guy who’s calling her name. There, she saw.  “It’s really you!” they both exclaimed. After many years they’ve met again. “You don’t know how long I’ve been searching for you?” he told her “looking for me? Why would you? After you broke up with me?” she said angrily. Memories are rushing back, all the painful memory is back. “How could you still look for me? Tell me?”
“I was wrong, I have reasons-“ “and you expect me to believe that? We made a promise back then but it was all put to oblivion” she says, fighting the tears that are attempting to fall
“Just hear me out this time Mi An, I promise you, I did not wish to do that, never in my life I wanted to hurt you” he says trying to per sway her but she wouldn’t just budge.

“I broke up with you because I’m afraid” he starts “I’m afraid because I failed. I failed Mi An, failed” she stares at him wide eyed, shock at his confession. “Because I failed, I was thinking that I can’t give you the future I promised” he looks at straight into her eyes and continues “That was the reason why I ended up our relationship, but I promise, I’ll look for you, Mi An, and now that I have you found you, I’ll take you back” Mi An shook her head “does that mean I’m too late? You don’t feel the same anymore?” he asks, eyes full of questions. “I’m sorry” she says “Sorry, but this is too fast for me” she steps away, leaving.

“We’ll meet again, I promise you that, Mi An”

 


 

Sehun went home, happy since he was with Soojung all day (almost every day) He got inside their house “Mom, I’m hom-“ he stopped his tracks, he knew something is wrong. “Mom?” he called, he went upstairs and straight to his mother’s room “Mom are you there?” he tired turning the knob, luckily it was open and got inside. He saw his mother sitting on the bed staring blankly. He went near “Mom is there something wrong? You can tell me” He have seen his mother being like this but this time the aura was different, he wants to know. Moments passed and silence engulfed the whole room.
“He’s back” she says out of the blue. Sehun doesn’t say anything; he wants his mother to share what’s bothering her this time. “He’s beck, Sehun. After all these years, he’s back and he’s saying that he wants me back, he wants the us back” his mother said in tears. “I don’t know what to do Sehun, I got hurt because of him years ago and now, I’m afraid” Sehun held his mother’s hands for comfort. “Do you still love him, mom?” his mother doesn’t say anything “If you still do, then accept, give him another chance. But if he does the same thing again, I’ll be the one to face him. I’m here for you, mom” Sehun kisses his mother’s forehead “I’ll support you mom. I want you to be happy too. Maybe this time, your hanging story will continue and have a happy ending”

Things will get worst.
 


[a/n]
I'm sorry for grammatical errors and typos
Honey, Happy Birthday again!