Chapter 2

Falling in Love with Xi Luhan, my Step-Brother

Five years later…

A boy was sleeping peacefully on his bed. The door burst open and another boy walks into the room. He shook his head at the sleeping figure. The boy walks towards the bed and sit on it.

“Sehun-ah, wake up.” He said as he shook the boy lightly.

“5 more minutes, Luhan-hyung.” The boy, aka Sehun, muttered as he pulled his covers over his head.

The boy, aka Luhan, rolls his eyes. He pulls the covers off, which cause Sehun to shiver.

“Hyung, I’m cold~!” Sehun sat up with a pout.

“Did you forget today is your first day of school?” Luhan asked.

“No, but I’m tired, hyung.” Sehun replied as he let out a yawn and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

‘Cute.’ Luhan thought as he smiled.

“No buts. You have to get ready now or else we’ll be late to school.” Luhan scoffed.

“Fine.” Sehun huffed as he jumped off the bed.

“Why aren’t you going in the bathroom?” Luhan asked.

“Hyung, remember what umma taught us? Always make your bed before getting ready and you’re sitting on my bed.” Sehun crossed his arms.

“You are really a good kid.” Luhan chuckled as he jumped off the bed.

Sehun begins folding the blankets and fix his bread spread neatly. Luhan just watched in amusement.

‘My mom sure has taught him well with chores.’ He thought as a grin appeared on his face.

When Sehun is finish making his bed, he looks at Luhan.

“Hyung, why are you grinning?” Sehun asked.

“Nothing. Go get ready.” Luhan commanded as he pointed at the bathroom.

Sehun pouts as he crosses his arms. Luhan took this as a sign of protest.

“Go now or else I’ll tell umma.” He threatened.

“Fine!” Sehun stomped cutely angrily towards the bathroom and shut the door.

After the door was shut, Luhan couldn’t help but laugh. Sehun was just too cute. Luhan decides to leave the room and shut the door behind him. He enters the living room and finds his parents sitting on the sofa.

“Good morning, umma and appa!” Luhan greeted.

“Good morning, Luhan.” His parents greeted him.

“Where’s Sehun?” His mother asked.

“He’s in the bathroom.” Luhan replied as he ate a piece of kimchi.

“That’s good.” His mother nodded.

A couple of minutes later, Sehun came in the living room dressed in his uniform. He set his backpack on the ground.

“Good morning, umma and appa!” Sehun greeted, cheerfully.

“Good morning, Sehunnie~” Luhan’s mother greeted him.

“You guys should hurry up and eat or else you’re going to be late.” Luhan’s father said.

Hearing this, Luhan and Sehun immediately dig in their breakfast. Luhan’s parents chuckled at the sight. A couple of minutes later, Luhan and Sehun were getting ready to leave.

“Luhan, remember to-“

“Protect Sehun no matter what. I know, umma.” Luhan cut her off.

“Good. Make sure you do. If anything happens to Sehun, I’ll blame everything on you. Got it?” His mother nagged.

“Yes, umma.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Luhan and Sehun begin walking to school. Luhan is walking with his hands in his pockets while Sehun is clutching onto the straps of his backpack. Luhan noticed Sehun biting his lower lip while staring at the ground.

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?” Luhan grinned.

Sehun didn’t say anything, but nods.

“Yah, there’s nothing to be nervous about.” Luhan chuckled.

“B-But I’m scared of-“

“Bullies?” Luhan cut him off.

Sehun just nods.

“There’s nothing to worry about. As long as I’m here, nobody can touch you.” Luhan smiled as he ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“You promise, hyung?” Sehun asked as he looked at him.

“I promise.” Luhan smiled.

“Say, what happened to the cute Sehun I know?” He continued.

“He’s here~!” Sehun exclaimed as he pointed at himself with his thumbs.

Both begin to laugh. Soon, they arrive at their school. Luhan walked Sehun to his class.

“Bye, Sehun!” Luhan waved.

“H-Hyung, w-where are you going?” Sehun asked as he grabbed his wrist with both of his hands.

“My classroom. Don’t worry. We’re only going to be separated during class.” Luhan replied.

“R-Really?” Sehun asked.

“Yes, now I must get going. Be a good boy or else hyung won’t give you any candies.” Luhan said.

“I’ll be a good boy, hyung!” Sehun exclaimed.

“Good. Now, go inside.” Luhan smiled as he ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“Bye, hyung! You be a good boy too!” Sehun giggled.

“I will. Bye, Sehun.” Luhan chuckled as he left.

After Luhan was out of sight, Sehun entered his classroom. A few hours later, it was time for lunch. Sehun waited outside his classroom for Luhan, so they could eat lunch together. A few seconds later, a group of boys approach him.

“Hey, little kid.” A boy, who seemed to be the leader, greeted him.

“H-Hi.” Sehun greeted, because he didn’t want to be rude.

On the inside, Sehun is really frightened. The boys smirked.

“Do you have any money? I forgot mines at home.” Another boy asked.

“N-No. Sorry.” Sehun stuttered.

“Aw~ that’s a shame. It looks like we have to punish you.” The leader smirked as he cracked his knuckles.

Sehun begin shaking in fear. The boys saw this, which make their smirks grew.

“What’s wrong, little boy? Are you scared?” Another boy snickered.

Sehun is too afraid to say anything, so he just nods. The boys exchange glances before grinning evilly. The leader raises his fist, and is about to punch Sehun. Fortunately for Sehun, someone came to the rescue.

“What are you guys doing?!” A boy shouted.

Sehun knows that voice anywhere. He looks up to see Luhan glaring at the boys. The leader put his hands in his pockets, and looks at Luhan.

“Well, this kid owes me money.” He replied.

Luhan glances at Sehun. He, immediately, glares at the leader when he saw Sehun shaking in fear.

“Liar!” Luhan shouted.

“How do you if I’m lying or not?” The leader asked.

“I don’t know when you’re lying or not, but I know when my little brother is lying or not.” Luhan replied.

“He’s your brother?! I thought you were the only son!” Another boy exclaimed.

“That doesn’t concern you. Leave.” Luhan said.

“Who are you to tell me when to leave?” The leader asked.

“Again, that doesn’t concern you. If you don’t leave, then I’ll just have to make you leave by myself.” Luhan smirked as he cracked his knuckles.

“I’ll let it slide this once, but next time, I won’t let both of you go.” The leader said.

“As if I’m scared.” Luhan snickered.

The leader rolls his eyes. He turns on his heels and walks away. The other boys glance at Luhan and Sehun one last time before following their leader. Once the boys were out of his sight, Luhan walks towards Sehun.

“Sehun-ah, are you okay?” Luhan asked as he scanned Sehun’s body for any bruises or injuries.

Sehun just nods and stares down at his shoes. Luhan sighs and stare at Sehun.

“Look at me.” Luhan commanded.

Sehun just continue staring at his shoes. Luhan got impatient, so he grabs Sehun’s chin and slowly lifts it up. When Sehun made eye-contact with Luhan, he thought he saw Luhan’s eyes flashed red.

Sehun blinks and stare into Luhan’s eyes again, but Luhan’s eyes were not red. Luhan noticed Sehun’s weird behavior.

“Sehun-ah, are you okay?” Luhan asked.

Sehun came back to reality and nods.

“What did they do to you?” Luhan asked.

“U-Uh…um…they just asked me for money. When I said I don’t have any, then they want to hit me.” Sehun replied as tears came running down his eyes.

Luhan, immediately, wiped away his tears.

“Shh~ don’t cry. Hyung is here, and I’ll protect you no matter what.” Luhan said.

Sehun looks up at him.

“R-really, hyung?” He asked.

“Yes.” Luhan smiled and nodded.

Sehun grins and hugs Luhan.

“Thanks, hyung! I don’t know what I’ll do without you.” Sehun said.

Luhan hugged him back with a smile.

“No problem, Sehun.” Luhan said.

“Now, let’s go eat. You must be hungry.” Luhan broke the hug and ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“Yes, hyung!” Sehun exclaimed, happily.

Luhan chuckled and the two went to the balcony to enjoy their lunch.

~~~~~~~~

Hi, guys~ o/

Sorry for the late update! I was busy with school. ><

Anyways, please comment~ :)

Thank you and have a great day! ^^