Chapter 1

Falling in Love with Xi Luhan, my Step-Brother

Screams of pain echoed through the forest. Deep in the forest, there was a cabin. In the cabin, there laid a woman on a thin sheet of blanket. Sweat was dripping from her forehead. The woman was breathing heavily as she tightened her grip on the rope that was hanging from the roof. She let out another scream and a sound of a baby crying was heard. The woman was panting as she looked down at the crying baby boy.

“Don’t worry, son. I’ll never let them get you.” She whispered before lifting the baby in her arms and left the cabin.

When the woman got outside, she heard men shouting. She gasped as she hid behind a tree. The woman saw torches on the men’s hands.

“Where is she?!” A man shouted.

“Yah! Once you guys find her, slaughter her immediately. We can’t let her child live.” Another man commanded the men.

“But she’s pregnant!” Another man shouted.

“It doesn’t matter! Her husband is a beast! So, it means her child is a beast too! We can’t let them live!” The man shouted back.

“Also, the boss said he’ll give us money if we kill them.” He continued.

Hearing this, the woman ran off immediately. Unfortunately, a man saw her.

“There she is!” He shouted as he pointed at her.

All the other men saw her running.

“Get her!” A man shouted and they ran after her.

The woman ran as fast as she could. The baby boy started crying.

“No, don’t cry. Mommy is going to protect you. Mommy is never going to let them kill you. Don’t cry, okay? You’ll be safe soon. I promise.” She whispered as she continued running.

The men continued to chase her. Suddenly, the woman came to an abrupt stop at a cliff. She looked down and saw a waterfall. The woman turned around when she heard footsteps. She gasped when she saw the men, who snickered at her.

“Where do you think you’re going now, Ahn Seohwa?” A man smirked.

“Yeah, why don’t you just come with us? We promise we’ll make your death less painful.” Another man said.

“No! I’m never letting you touch my son!” The woman, aka Seohwa, shouted as she hugged her son.

“You love doing things the hard way, huh? Fine, so be it. Kill her!” The man snickered.

The men started advancing towards her. Jiyoung backed up slowly as she glances from the men to her son then to the cliff. She froze when her foot touched the edge of the cliff. The men smirked before raising their knives and guns. Before the men could attack, a howl was heard.

Suddenly, one of the men let out a scream before collapsing on the ground. Everyone stared at him in shock. The man was dead due to the huge, deep scratch across his back. All the men began shivering as Seohwa smiled. She knew her son is going to be safe.

In less than a minute, all the men were laying dead on the ground. Seohwa heard footsteps so she looked up. The man was about six feet tall. He was wearing a black shirt and pair blue jeans. Blood was dripping from his hand.

“Sorry for being late, Seohwa.” The man said.

“It’s okay.” Seohwa rolled her eyes.

“So, what do you want me to do now?” He asked.

“Take my son with you.” Seohwa replied as she held out her son towards him.

“Why?” The man asked, surprised.

“They’re after him. Please take him with you. Make sure to keep his identity a secret. I don’t want them to kill him.” Seohwa replied as she gave her son a pity look.

“But what about you?” The man sighed.

“Don’t worry about me. Just take him.” Seohwa said as the man took the baby in his arms.

“Okay, but be careful. I promise to protect him.” The man smiled.

“Thanks. I knew I could depend on you. Also, please don’t let him know who his parents are.” Seohwa smiled.

“Okay, but how long do you want me to protect him?” The man asked.

“Just wait until he’s fifteen, then we’ll see what will happen.” Seohwa replied.

Suddenly, voices of men shouting were heard.

“Go now!” Seohwa shouted.

“Be careful.” The man said before running away.

Seohwa nodded. When he was out of sight, she ran into the forest. Meanwhile, the man ran all the way to his house. He saw a woman sitting on the porch. She looked up when she heard footsteps. The woman stood up and ran towards him.

“Minjun, where’s Seohwa?” She asked.

“She didn’t come with me, Jiyoung.” The man, aka Minjun, sighed.

“What?! Why?!” The woman, aka Jiyoung, exclaimed.

“I don’t know, but she left her son with us. She wants us to protect him until he’s fifteen.” Minjun replied.

“This girl always puts herself in front of others.” Jiyoung shook her head.

“Yeah, I just hope she’s okay.” Minjun said.

“Let me see her son.” Jiyoung commanded.

Minjun held the baby boy in front of her. Jiyoung carried him in her arms.

“So, did she give him a name yet?” She asked.

“I don’t think so.” Minjun replied.

“Hm…what should we name him?” Jiyoung asked.

“Well, his surname is Oh.” Minjun said.

“True…Oh…Se…Hun…Oh Sehun. I like it.” Jiyoung said.

“It’s a good name.” Minjun nodded.

“Okay. Oh Sehun, from now on, we’re going to take care of you. We promise to protect you as long as we live.” Jiyoung smiled.

“Let’s go inside.” Minjun said.

Jiyoung nodded and they both headed inside the house. Once they were inside, a little 4 year-old boy greeted them.

“Umma, appa, you’re home!” He exclaimed as he ran to hug his father.

When the boy broke the hug, he noticed a baby boy in his mother’s arms.

“Umma, who is he?” The boy asked as he stared at the baby.

“Luhan, this is Oh Sehun. We adopted him so he’s going to be your brother from now on.” Jiyoung smiled.

“Really? I’m finally having a brother?!” The boy, aka Luhan, exclaimed.

“Yes, Luhan. You’re finally having a brother. Also, I want you to take very good care of him and protect him no matter what. You got that, son?” Minjun asked.

“Of course, appa. I’ll be a good brother and protect Sehun no matter what.” Luhan said, confidently.

“Good boy. Now, go to bed. It’s getting late.” Minjun said.

“Okay! Good night, umma, appa, and baby Sehun!” Luhan exclaimed as he skipped off to his room.

When Luhan was out sight, Jiyoung and Minjun smiled.

“I’m sure Luhan will be able to protect Sehun from anything.” Jiyoung said.

“Yeah.” Minjun said.

“I’m going to put Sehun to sleep. He’s getting tired.” Jiyoung said as she left to their room.

“I hope the beast doesn’t have full control of Luhan or else everything is going to be a disaster.” Minjun sighed before entering the room.

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! First chapter is up! Hope you guys like it! Please comment! Thank you! ^^