Just My Luck (Part 2)

Just My Luck

 

 

 

Sleeping. Literally sleeping. That was all they did, so why Sungmin is screaming right now?
 

 

 

Donghae woke up, hearing Sungmin’s unending scream as it gets louder and from a much better annoyance, it began echoing inside his room, making it more louder.
 
“Minnie, stop it.” Donghae said with annoyance as he stood up from his bed to get his clothes that was scattered on the floor and change in front of his audiences.
 
“Y-you! Lee Donghae!” Sungmin screamed once more. “Y-you didn’t—“
 
“Minnie!” Donghae called, getting tired of hearing Sungmin’s screams.
 
“Y-you d-did i-i-it…” Sungmin’s voice trailed off as he said the last word stammering.
 
“Minnie, they are both adults to do it anyway.” Kyuhyun speak up and rolled laughter after.
 
 Donghae then threw the first thing his hand touch and Kyuhyun must be lucky that his hand just caught a pillow instead.
 
“Easy Hyung.” Kyuhyun said, holding his laughter. “You’re about to get that U.F.O figurine if you hadn’t miss. Tsk.”
 
“Don’t worry Kyu. You’ll get the life-size after.” Donghae said, glaring at his best friend.
 
“Ooooh I’m scared.” Kyuhyun acted up like he’s really scared and even hide at Sungmin’s back.
 
“Don’t you dare, Hae.” Sungmin threatens and gave him a death glare. “You abused my best friend and now you want to kill your best friend? God! You really must be called a devil!”
 
“Abused? Ya! Lee Sungmin! What are you talking about I abused your best friend, huh? Can you see his face? See? He is smiling in his sleep so I didn’t abuse him so you have to take that back! And I’m so freakin’ gonna kill your boyfriend if he won’t stop laughing right now!” Donghae hissed, complaining.
 
Sungmin gasps and looks at his best friend’s comfortably sleeping in Donghae’s bed.
 
“OH! You son of the king of fishes!!! How dare you take advantage of my young and vir—“ Sungmin’s mid thought was cut off by a yawn and a stretching followed after.
 
“H-Hyuk?”
 



 

 




“M-Minnie? Why are you screaming?” Eunhyuk asked incoherently as he rubs his eyes to make his vision straight.
 
“Hyuk, why are you ?” Sungmin didn’t answer his best friend’s question but instead he threw a new one, eyes narrowing while waiting for Eunhyuk’s answer.
 
“N-? What are you talking about? I am not na—“ Eunhyuk stops when he felt the soft fabric touches his ness under the blanket. He then screams out loud and pulled the blanket to cover himself up. “I AM !” he shouted.
 
“SEE LEE DONGHAE?! My poor best friend doesn’t know why he’s ! Care to tell me the reason why?” Sungmin asks in rage, his cheeks are turning red and his breathing become heavy.
 
“Calm down Minnie. Didn’t you remember the last time Hyuk drunk the strawberry wine instead of his strawberry juice on his birthday?” Kyuhyun ask, still amused.
 
“Yes. And what about that Kyu?” Sungmin asked.
 
“Hyuk didn’t remember the next day that he took all his clothes off before going to his room. Maybe this situation is like this one too.” Kyuhyun said.
 
“I did that?” Eunhyuk ask; no clue about his taking-his-clothes-off-when-getting-drun
k thing.

 
“Yes, Hyung. You did that.” Kyuhyun said, smirking.
 
“But I don’t get why Donghae is also . Does that mean he’s also taking his clothes off when he’s getting drunk?” Sungmin ask, raising an eyebrow at Donghae who’s still busy buttoning up his shirt.
 
“Min, I always sleep .” Donghae informed, brushing his hair with his fingers.
 
“Whatever. If you ever hurt my best friend, I’ll hunt you down, okay?” Sungmin threatens and walks out of Donghae’s room after.
 
“Minnie, tell it to your boyfriend instead.” Donghae said, a little louder for Sungmin to hear. And Donghae just receive a glare from Sungmin as he walks back to the room and dragging Kyuhyun out.
 
“Hyung! I’m going to kill you later!” Kyuhyun threatens as Sungmin pinch his ears, dragging him out of the room. Donghae just stuck his tongue out at his best friend.
 
When Sungmin and Kyuhyun finally left them, Donghae looks at Eunhyuk who’s still covering himself with the blanket. He sighed before going to his closet to get a new pair of clothes for him.
 
Donghae then place it to the bed, before getting Eunhyuk’s attention.
 
“Sorry about the trouble I’ve caused you.” Donghae apologizes without looking at Eunhyuk.
 
“Why are you sorry? Maybe I was really the one who asked you to sleep with me.” Eunhyuk said, shy and grabs the clothes and quickly runs to the bathroom afterwards.
 
Donghae chuckled before walking to the door of his room.
 
“Yes, you did.” Donghae whispered before leaving his room for Eunhyuk’s privacy and goes to the kitchen for breakfast with a huge smile on his face.
 


 




“What’s cookin’?” Donghae asks as soon as he approaches the couple who were busy bickering to each other. “Fighting again? Aren’t you getting tired from bickering always?” Donghae asks when Kyuhyun and Sungmin turned their heads at him.
 
“Nope.” Kyuhyun simply answered and looks at his boyfriend. Sungmin, with a spatula on his hand, he glares at his boyfriend’s best friend before answering Donghae.
 
“That’s none of your business, Hae. I’m still angry with you.” Sungmin stated and went back into cooking.
 
Kyuhyun sit beside Donghae at the kitchen counter and smiled teasingly at his best friend.
 
“You know, if you look closely, Hyuk is a wonderful person. He has a very beautiful personality you’ll definitely love. But his face…err, not that good-looking though.” (I know! smack me for doing this to my one and only Maya! Hyuk is handsome, gorgeous and everything nice in my eyes!)
 
“He’s beautiful, Kyu. He has a perfect jaw line, plump lips and cute gummy smile.” Donghae stated and while saying it, he can’t help but smile. (That’s right! Defend your love! ^__<)
 
“So, you’re already monkey-nize. That’s good. Playing cupid is not that hard anymore.” Kyuhyun said and widely smiles.
 
“Are you matchmaking my best friend to your best friend, Cho Kyuhyun?!” Sungmin blurted out after he placed the plate of food in front of them.
 
“Yeah, Minnie. Don’t you like it? Our best friends are going to be a couple soon.” Kyuhyun said, proud.
 
“But Donghae has a pile of girls!” Sungmin exclaimed.
 
“And I don’t take that as an advantage Minnie. You see, I’m still looking for my fated one.” Donghae defend himself.
 
“So you mean Hae, you’re not interested in girls anymore?” Kyuhyun asks, teasingly and Donghae didn’t answer him by saying a word, he just smile as a reply.
 
“What an answer Hae!” Sungmin exclaimed and tilted his head afterwards.
 
“I see. Hae means it’s a ‘yes’, Minnie. Now, this is going to be good.” Kyuhyun said, smirking while nodding.
 
“Excuse me.” Hyukjae shyly said, getting their attention.
 
“Oh Hyuk.” Sungmin acknowledges and goes to hug his best friend. “Breakfast is ready. Let’s eat.” He added and led Hyukjae beside Donghae at the kitchen counter.
 
“What are you all talking about earlier? I think I’ve heard my name.” Hyukjae asks as he took a spoonful of food into his mouth. The three looked at each other before shrugging all of their shoulders and started eating as well.
 
“It’s nothing, Hyuk. You should eat more to get fats. Here.” Sungmin said, changing the topic.
 
“I already have fats, Minnie.” Hyukjae pouted.
 
“I don’t see any, Hyukkie. Min’s right. You should eat more. I like to have something to hold onto.” Donghae commented and smiled at Hyukjae while the latter blushed in bright pink after.
 
“What’s with the new nick, Hae?” Kyuhyun asks and looks at the two afterwards. He then shrug and shuts his mouth after seeing his best friend and Minnie’s best friend exchanging sticky glances.
 
“Y-you l-like it?” Hyukjae asks, stuttering as he blushes even more.
 
“Of course he likes it Hyuk! Now, don’t ignore us anymore. Your three seconds of staring at each other feels like 3 hours for us, already. We also don’t want to die with a cheese ball in our mouths, do we?” Sungmin stated, slightly irritated, slightly amused. Irritated because he still doesn’t forgive Donghae yet and amused because of the invincible red strings combining together, indicating there’s another couple who’ll live in the World along with them pretty soon.
 
“Minnie, stop getting in the middle. It’s not good for my health.” Kyuhyun said.
 
“Why it’s not good for your health, then?” Sungmin asks.
 
“Well, that’s because getting in the middle means you’re going to ruin a beautiful relationship blooming. Now, it’s not good for my health because I will die if you ever do that.” Kyuhyun stated and smiled at Sungmin who frowned even more.
 
A hand land on Kyuhyun’s head for a smack and Sungmin’s lips twitch a smile at his boyfriend’s statement. He’s not getting in the middle but he’s just protecting Hyukjae.
 
“But is Hae dangerous…or—“ Sungmin asks out loud to himself.
 
“…or not Min? I am harmless. Right Kyu?” Donghae said, smiling charmingly at Sungmin and Hyukjae.
 
“Don’t suspect Donghae’s capacity to make Hyukjae happy, Minnie. Hyuk will be alright in Hae’s hand. If that’s not going to happen, then, I’ll have to connect my game console and control him to make his brain work properly.” Kyuhyun said, smirking.
 
“Hey, guys, what are you talking about? Me and Donghae? Are you two playing arrowless, bowless and wingless cupid without wearing Dr. P diapers?” Hyukjae asks, clueless though he can sense he was right.
 
“Well, aren’t you a brainy monkey, Hyuk D Luffy? Or course not!” Kyuhyun denied and ruffles Hyukjae’s blond hair. Hyukjae frowned and pouted at Kyuhyun’s reply.
 
“No, Hyuk. Kyu here is the only one who does that. Not me!” Sungmin exclaimed while tilting his head exaggeratedly. Kyuhyun, then stops Sungmin by trapping his boyfriend’s head inside his hands.
 
“Minnie, stop denying it. Hyuk has to know that his best friend is also an accessory to the crime. You’re with me right?” Kyuhyun asks, teasing his pink bunny.
 
“So, you asked me to come here with you yesterday to meet Donghae? Is that right?” Hyukjae asks.
 
“U-uh… y-you c-can say that…” Sungmin stammers and scratch the back of his head, embarrassed.
 
“Oh! Minnie! You did it!” Kyuhyun exclaimed and hug his dear pink bunny.
 
“But it’s not my intention to let him meet Donghae!” Sungmin defend himself.
 
“Stop it you two. You’re making a bad impression of me to Hyukjae, you know.” Donghae interrupted.
 
 “It’s okay. Minnie always tells me how lucky you are girls didn’t dump you because it’s the other way around.” Hyukjae’s face gloomed, sadness fills his eyes. He then excused himself and left the kitchen afterwards.
 
“What’s with him, Min?” Donghae asks curiously. Sungmin and Kyuhyun both look at each other before Sungmin sighed and face Donghae afterwards.
 
“You see, Hyukjae is not as handsome as you think he is, Hae.” Sungmin said and breathe another sigh.
 
“But he is, Minnie. He’s beautiful, and even though I only met him yesterday, I say he’s cute and has a good personality.” Donghae stated but Sungmin shook his head ‘no’ to that.
 
“Even though he’s my best friend, I can’t agree with you. Yes. I know my best friend has the biggest heart with good personality and he’s beautiful inside and out, but only those people who cares for him can only see that and can value him. Not everyone, especially his exes.” Sungmin said, crunching his hand to a fist after saying the last word.
 
“Well, that’s bull*” Donghae can’t help but to curse. He doesn’t see any relevance in why people can’t see how gorgeous Hyukjae is.
 
“I know, Hae. So I’m playing cupid here. Maybe he’s perfect with you since he always get dumped and you dumped girls. He always got rejected by girls and you always rejected girls. Think logically here.  You’re lucky, he’s not; opposite poles attract; there are even and odd numbers—“
 
“Whoa? Whoa Kyu! Stop right there! How come we went back into high school lectures?” Donghae asks, stopping the evil genius to continue going back to study physics and algebra.
 
“I was just setting an example to you, my dear best friend. Now, since you two lives in both different worlds, I thought, what if I hook you two up, maybe, you will not look for your fate anymore and Hyuk will not get dump by girls anymore. You see my point?” Kyuhyun said.
 
Donghae nodded. “But, what if he’s not my fate, then? I don’t want to dump him like I did to those girls, you know.” Donghae said, worried.
 
“So, you think my best friend is special and cannot be compared to the girls you have dumped?” Sungmin asks, a glint of smile is forming in his eyes.
 
“Yes. He’s different, Min.” Donghae answered.
 
“That’s good. Then, it’s settled my dear best friend.” Kyuhyun said, grinning.
 
“What’s settled Kyu?” Donghae asks, confused.
 
Kyuhyun and Sungmin looks at each other, a big smile can see from their faces and nodding like they have conversations through their eyes. They then turn their heads to face Donghae and with a smile, Kyuhyun stated,
 
“As my calculations said so, you’re going to be in love. And not just in love, but deeply in love.”
 
“What? Kyu! I just met Hyukjae yesterday. It’s not possi—“
 
“That’s one. Denying is one proof of suppressing the growing feelings inside of you, Hae.” Sungmin stated.
 
“B-but—“
 
“Hae, nobody dies in accepting you have fallen in love.”  Kyuhyun said.
 
“And Hae, you already said that my best friend is beautiful inside and out. That’s one step already. My best friend is easy to love.” Sungmin added.
 
“You’ll just wake up one day you’re missing him so badly.  It’s like you can’t wait to see his face and you can’t let the day passed by without seeing him and that will be the winning words: falling in love, Hae.” Kyuhyun said.
 
“You two are impossible.” Donghae said, standing up from sitting on the stool and goes to the door. “I can’t mess with Hyukjae. Even, hurting him is out of the question. So, before I’ve hurt your best friend Min, I better start packing and leave him alone.” He said and walks out of the room and exited the house.
 
“You can’t do this to us, Hae! You’ll regret this!” Kyuhyun shouted.
 
“Let your best friend be, Kyu. He’ll realize it soon. You’ll see.” Sungmin said and Kyuhyun sighed. And they both will wait for them; for Hyukjae and Donghae to find they are meant to be together.
 
 



 
 
Donghae walks out of the house to get some fresh air when he notices someone crouching on the rocking chair in the front porch.
 
“Hey,” Donghae said, getting the guy’s attention.
 
Hyukjae looks up and turn his head to look at Donghae before crouching down again.
 
“What’s wrong?” Donghae asks, walking towards the rocking chair. He then knelt on the wooden floor and faced Hyukjae and stops swinging the rocking chair.
 
“Nothing. I just need some fresh air.” Hyukjae answered, still crouching.
 
“Come with me.” Donghae said.
 
Hyukjae lift his head up and looks at Donghae. “Where are we going?”
 
“To get some fresh air.” Donghae smiled and hand his hand to Hyukjae. “C’mon.” He added when Hyukjae hesitated.
 
“O-okay.” Hyukjae said, taking Donghae’s hand.
 
Donghae then lead him towards his car and both of them left the place with Sungmin and Kyuhyun silently watching at the kitchen window.
 
“I told you.” Sungmin said and high five with Kyuhyun.
 
“And, we’ll have to wait and see, Min.” Kyuhyun said, smirking.
 
 


 
 
“Thanks for taking me here. I’ve so much fun.” Hyukjae said with a gummy smile on his face while eating his strawberry ice cream on the cone.
 
“You’re very much welcome, Hyukkie. I’m glad I made you happy.” Donghae stated, smiling widely.
 
“Yes, you did Hae. My favorite ride was the roller coaster because I felt like I am flying like a drunken man in the sky while riding it! It was awesome!” Hyukjae exclaimed.
 
“Well, I didn’t know a drunken man can fly twisting and turning upside down just like that.” Donghae laughs at Hyukjae’s statement.
 
“Uhum!” Hyukjae nodded in agreement and finish his ice cream in one bite after. “Let’s visit this theme park next time, Hae. Is that okay?”
 
“Sure.” Donghae nodded.
 
“With Minnie and Kyu.” Hyukjae added and blush when Donghae pouted.
 
“You want foursome next time?” Donghae couldn’t help but to ask.
 
“But it’s happy when you’re with your closest friends, Hae.” Hyukjae answered.
 
“Yeah, sure. Just forget I asked you that.” Donghae replied, embarrassed.
 
“No. I don’t want to because I felt like you’re jealous when you said that.” Hyukjae teased and shyly smiled at Donghae.
 
“I was?” Donghae retorts.
 
“J-just…just forget that I said that too.” Hyukjae said, blushing.
 
“I won’t because it feels like you’re starting to like me, Hyukkie.” Donghae said and looks straight at Hyukjae.
 
“I am. But, I’m not planning on falling for you because I’m scared you’ll dump me just like you did to your ‘piles of girls’.” Hyukjae stated, upset; dark clouds started to cloud up above his head with a gloomy expression on his face.
 
“B-but Hyukkie—“
 
“It’s okay. I like you because you’re sweet and kind and cute. And I promised myself I won’t fall in love to a girl anymore, so it’s okay.” Hyukjae smiled tiredly, like he has poured enough of his emotion today.
 
“Hyukkie…but I’m not a girl. I’m a guy, remember?” Donghae asks, depressed at how Hyukjae turns to hate love like that. Like, he doesn’t believe in it anymore.
 
“You’re not an option, Hae. I don’t want to believe that there will be fireworks in my head; there are butterflies in my stomach; and my heartbeat will race up to 200. I don’t wanna believe in all of it because I don’t want to wait to feel it myself.” Hyukjae stated, defiant.
 
“Hyukkie…I guess that’s already too much. I know how hard it is to wait for your fate to rescue you from your own grave. I’ve been waiting for my fate too so I keep on rejecting them because I couldn’t feel my heart racing, my chest’s tightening and my stomach ticklish because of butterflies.” Donghae retorts.
 
“But…you are lucky Hae. Girls love you and didn’t dump you unlike me.” Hyukjae said, losing his self esteem.
 
“I am not lucky but you are, Hyukkie.” Donghae said, smiling a little to ease the tension that’s building up in front of them.
 
“I am unlucky, Hae.” Hyukjae pouts.
 
“If you’re unlucky, you will be still tied with a girl who didn’t love you from the start. Maybe, we can have a go in Min and Kyu’s suggestion. What do you say?” Donghae said, thinking about the conversation back in the kitchen with the KyuMin couple.
 
“What suggestion?” Hyukjae asks, frowning.
 
“Let’s give each other a shot. Maybe it's worth trying for.” Donghae suggest.
 
“Us?” Hyukjae asks, pointing at them.
 
“Yes. Let’s date for a week and if this wouldn’t work, we will call it quits. Are you okay with that?” Donghae asks.
 
“Are you sure you want to follow Minnie and Kyu’s suggestion?” Hyukjae said, wearily.
 
“It wasn’t bad. And we already like each other. It’s not hard to fall in love with each other anymore, right?”
 
“I don’t think—“ Hyukjae words were cut off by a pair of soft lips on his. “…this is a good idea.” He mumbled as he let Donghae kiss him more.
 
 




 
“So are you two really dating now?” Sungmin asks, excited while they were sitting on the front porch on Donghae and Kyuhyun’s house.
 
“I don’t know.” Hyukjae answered and sighed. He hasn’t got any clue. The one week date was overdue for almost 3 weeks already and not once someone brought the topic up. For Hyukjae, he was scared to end something so beautiful. Their relationship seems to have gotten stronger as they become the best of friends or even more for that matter.
 
“Why you don’t know? Well, that only means, you both don’t want to end your relationship.” Sungmin said, grinning.
 
“We’re not in a relationship, Min. Or so, that’s what I thought. We’re just dating.” Hyukjae pouted.
 
“Well then, let me ask you one thing.” Sungmin said. Hyukjae looks at his best friend and nods.
 
“Are you finally in love with Hae?” Sungmin asks, crossing his fingers on his back.
 
“You don’t have to ask that, Min. I'm a very transparent person. You can see me from inside and out. But, to answer you verbally, yes. I am.” Hyukjae answered, smiling a little.
 
“That’s good to hear, then.” Sungmin replied while tapping Hyukjae’s back.
 




 
 
“Hae, don’t you think your agreement between Hyukjae is long overdue already? It’s been close to a month.” Kyuhyun said while he and Donghae were at the backyard, playing basketball.
 
“I know. I just… I just don’t know what to say to Hyukkie.” Donghae said and sighed after shooting the ball from the free throw line.
 
“Do you like Hyukjae or not?” Kyuhyun asked, grabbing the ball from Donghae who was about to shoot once again. They stop in the middle of the court under the shade of the clouds.
 
“I love Hyukjae, Kyu. I’m falling in love with him every—“
 
“Okay, okay. Stop being so cheesy Hae. I get you. You love Hyukjae and I know he loves you too. So why aren’t you two making a move and evolve your dating into a REAL relationship?” Kyuhyun asks, frowning.
 
“Well, for one I’m scared.” Donghae answered and took the ball from Kyuhyun and shoot the ball into the ring once more but it missed.
 
“Why are you scared, Hae? Hyuk doesn’t bite, is he?” Kyuhyun teased.
 
“Silly.” Donghae tilted his head at Kyuhyun’s silly statement. “I’m scared because I don’t want to hurt him.”
 
“Well, I think you’re going to hurt him more if you don’t confess to him sooner.” Kyuhyun said, tapping Donghae’s shoulder. “It’s worth it to confess right now than to let Hyukjae wait for forever, you know.”
 
“I guess you’re right, Kyu.” Donghae said, sighing once again.
 
“It’s not a right guess, Hae. I am definitely right. Now, go and steal your monkey away from my bunny.” Kyuhyun said and pushed Donghae in the back door towards the kitchen.
 
 



 
 
“Hae,” Hyukjae acknowledged Donghae’s presence as soon as he saw the guy leaning at the door frame of the front door.
 
“I guess, it’s time for me to leave.” Sungmin then stood up from sitting across Hyukjae and went inside the house, tapping Donghae’s shoulder, wishing them good luck.
 
“Hyukkie, how long has it been?” Donghae asks and sits across Hyukjae.
 
“A month? I lost count already.” Hyukjae replied, not looking at Donghae’s eyes.
 
“Then, I’ve been an for keeping you waiting.” Donghae said, smiling embarrassingly.
 
“You’re not, Hae. Well, maybe a little.” Hyukjae said, smiling.
 
“I’m sorry to keep you waiting, Hyukkie.” Donghae stated, grabbing Hyukjae’s hands and closed it inside of his own warm palms.
 
“You’re forgiven. Now, say the magic words.” Hyukjae replied, grinning wide, gums out.
 
“I can’t be any luckier to have you in my life, Hyukkie. I am very lucky to have you.” Donghae stated, pecking Hyukjae’s lips.
 
“I am very lucky to have you too.” Hyukjae replied, kissing Donghae back.
 

 
“Well, it’s worth the wait.” Sungmin smiled, seeing his best friend finally having his luck of his life.
 
“Yeah. Playing cupid is not so bad at all.” Kyuhyun added, happy to see his best friend finding the fate he’s been looking for.
 

 
 
The END>>>>



A/N: this is lame, i guess. but i so loved this chapter because of Kyu! his words were really---really---really--- i don't know what to say! hehe.. i loved his lines in here. i guessed, i put too much effort in his lines than HaeHyuk.. gotta LOVE KYU!! ♥





Comments are LOVED! Silent readers are NOT!