Life Is Not My Style

Evolution At Its Finest (Discontinued)

- 18 Hours Prior -

Kris woke up from his slumber with a loud groan. On the bedside table, his phone rang nonstop. Still in a half-consious state, Kris leaned over and answered the call.

"Mmmmm hello?"

"Kris...."

"Zitao?"

There was something off about the voice on the otherside of the line. Kris was fully awake now.

"yea..."

There it is again. The slight hint of distress in his friend's tone.

"What is it Zitao? The reason you're calling me at 3 in the morning?"

"It's about Hanhan...he.."

Kris wanted to slap somebody. Luhan preferrably. That guy was always running around ruining his life in every way possible, and now he was ruining his sleep too. That god damn son of a- 

"KRISSSS KRISSS ARE YA THERRRRE?"A new voice interrupting his train of thought.

Kris sighed deeply. "Luhan. Tell me. What is this about."

"I'm at the police station right now with Taotao! Hehe. Could you come and pick us up?"

"Why."

"Why I'm at the police station? Well Tao and I were at the club, just enjoying our time ya know. Then this guy just walks up to me with a weird look on his face, and get this! He said I looked like a GIRL! ME! LUHAN! A GIRL! HAHA THAT'S TOTAL BLASPHEMY RIGHT?! So I kicked him in the crotch."

"......"

"WHO'S THE GIRL NOW? HAHA! But anyways, turns out the guy brought friends with him. Things escalated quickly and I had to incapcitated them. Guess somebody called the police cause those guys looked kinda dead. "

"....."

"Krisss??? HELLOOOO? YOU THERE??"

Kris was seriously reconsidering his life choices. What crime did he commit in a past life to have to be acquainted with the psychopath known as Luhan? The guy was sadistic as hell and liked to humiliate people as a hobby. But as much as he disliked Luhan, he had no choice but to stay by his side. Saving him from every sticky situation the guy got himself into. Afterall, they shared the same blood.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It took almost 3 hours for Kris to return from his trip to the station. After paying for his brother's charges, the three of them were supposed to finally be able to go back to their dorms. However Luhan had stopped the car halfway(Yes Luhan insisted on driving)and complained about being hungry. He then dragged Kris and Tao to a breakfast place nearby and practically force-fed the two of them, saying how he'd look fat if he was the only one eating. The whole ordeal was exhausting to say the least, and Kris only had a few hours left to spare before the start of his first class.

 After taking a quick nap and pretending Luhan didn't exist, Kris was ready to start his perfectly normal day. First and second period went by smoothly. The professors seemed unususally happy today, making more jokes and spending less time lecturing. By the time lunch came around, Kris was sure that something was wrong. The professors were too happy. His psychology professor smiled at him. She never smiles.

"Oi Kris." Feeling someone tap him on the shoulder, Kris turned around.

"Oh Baekhyun."

"Did you hear? Some guy paid off the entire school board just so he could transfer here."

"And what does this have to do with me?" Kris raised his eyebrows. 

"Nothing really, just that this transfer student is gonna be your new roommate."

What.

What the hell.

"Where did you get that information?"

"Oh I overheard the office ladies chatting it up in the administraion office." Baekhyun said casually. "They know all the latest gossip around-"

Without sparing a second thought, Kris left Baekhyun mid-sentence and fled to the administrations building.

'. ' He thought as he ran 'Baekhyun better've been lying.'

All those years under one roof with Luhan had taken a toll on his mental stability. Kris was unable to share a living space with another person. Living with Luhan had made him highly paranoid, not allowing anyone to touch his belongings or even food. He remembered back in freshmen year when he shared a room with his friend Jongdae. Everyday was a living hell for the two of them. Kris shuddered at the memories.

Without realizing, Kris had already arrived infront of the administrative building. He quickly strode inside and up to the front desk.

"Hello Mr. Wu, how are you today?" The lady behind the counter said and smiled. It wasn't uncommon for people on campus to know Kris's name. With his good looks, tall stature, and friendly personality, he was popular with both the student body and staff.

" I'm good.... uh hey I was wondering if maybe..uh..I suddenly got a new roommate?"

"I see word travels quite fast." The lady chuckled. "But that's a yes and he's quite wealthy." 

Kris took a deep breath, urging her to continue.

"His servant stopped by this morning to fill out the paperwork."

"Servant?"

"Well, when I asked about his relationship to the student, he said that he was nothing but a mere servant."

Kris didn't know what to think. Who the hell still had servants in this day and age? Was this guy a mafia boss or something?

"What's his name?"

"Hold on let me check." The lady paused for a bit, typing ferociously on her keyboard. "Ah found him. He should be here late this evening"

"His name is Do Kyungsoo."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been 9 hours since Kris first heard news of his mysterious roommate. 'Late evening, Do Kyungsoo.' was the mantra that repeated in his head as he watched the clock tick by. 'It's almost ing 10.' He thought. After class ended, Kris had come straight  to his room. Here, he sat for the past 4 hours going through every possible senerio in his head.

'He's probably some snobby rich brat, a chaebol heir or something.'

'Or maybe a drug dealer?'

'Wait. His dad had enough money to pay off every single member of the school board...'

'That means...he really might be part of the mafia.'

'or even the yakuza.'

'I wonder what he's like.'

Kris was snapped out of his reverie as his phone rang loudly beside him. He quickly checked the caller ID and found out who was calling. 'It's that Lu-bastard again.' Deciding not to answer, Kris let his phone ring as he fumbled through his closet. 'I really need to clear my head' he thought as he reached for a jacket. A few minutes later, Kris was dressed and ready-to-go for his night time jog. He grabbed the door-knob and flung it open with force, hitting an obstacle on the other side with a dull thud. 

"What the ."

Sitting infront of his doorway was a stranger dressed in black. As he lifted himself off the floor, Kris saw the man's large amber orbs slowly meet his.

Wow.

Cute.

Authors Note:

I'm SOOOO SORRY for the long wait guys. It's just... ugh school and i've had no ideas in this tiny mind of mine. Yea I know. excuses excuses ^__^     BUT OMG 27 SUBSCRIBERS?! FOR ONLY THE FIRST CHAPTER?

 Im going to cry tears of happiness. I really will.

Thank you so much  all youfrickingamazing readers! This chapter is kinda short but I will try my best to update the next chapter(which will be longer) very soon.