The Dirt Beneath

Evolution At Its Finest (Discontinued)

The first step he took out of the dimension portal was one Kyungsoo would never forget. Night had fallen in the human world, street lights washed the roads in a ghostly orange. Colored hunks of metal moved at high speeds to and from. All around him, colossal towers of glass and steel rose from the ground. Kyungsoo grimaced at the sight. 

'what... is this?' He thought, brain trying to comprehend the vast sea of metal and blinking lights. Suddenly it hit him. 'Ugh what is that smell?'

The portal had landed him right in the heart of Seoul, possibly one of the most populated cities on the planet. The city was a powerhouse for human development and activity. Kyungsoo, who was smack dab in the centre of it all , was hit with waves of what demons liked to call 'human stench'. A build-up of pollution and human emotions. Demons, like various other unearthly creatures, could sense the emotional state of a person nearby. Thousand of years ago, this helped them hunt and corner human prey. But now, in modern times, having such an ability was absolutely useless. The demons view on humans evolved from prey to common pests, nothing but annoyances that were lower than the dirt on the ground.

Kyungsoo winced and covered his nose. He had shifted to his human form but that didn't help dull the demonic senses he was born with. He pulled out a piece of paper from the sleeve of his robes and inspected it. On the paper were instructions and a hand-drawn map. His dad, the demon lord, was kind enough to set up living arrangements for his stay here in the human world.

Too busy with reading the directions to his future dwelling place, Kyungsoo failed to notice several pairs of eyes on him.

"look at that guy."

"what the is he wearing."

"Thats some extreme cosplaying."

"Mommy look! It's a wizard!"

"Honey don't go near the strange man."

"Are they filming a drama? At night?"

Kyungsoo looked up at the increasing volume of voices around him. A small crowd had gathered. People had their phones out, clicking and snapping pictures. Wondering what these humans were doing with their weird flashing metal things, Kyungsoo quickly moved away. Only then did he notice the clothing he currently had on. Still wearing his imperial robes, Kyungsoo was covered from neck down in flowing sheets of black and gold. He looked like an entity of darkness(which wasn't that far from the truth). He sighed and made a mental note to change to human attire next time he went out. Kyungsoo walked on with a steady pace, dragging his luggage behind him. He ignored the blatant stares he got from passersby. After what seemed like hours, He finally found his way to the place he'd be staying for the next 12 months.

"Room 196." He mumbled to himself.

There before him stood a massive building. Its height and width were double that of the imperial palaces. Its windows were lit up and listening closely, Kyungsoo could hear the murmers of hundreds of humans. He glanced to his left and there against a tree was a sign made of concrete. The writing ingraved on the sign told Kyungsoo exactly what this place was.

"Korea International University." He said out loud "Student dormitories."

Realization hit him. Hard. 

'A university.' He thought 'A human university..... Dormitories...'

'I'm going to be living with them?'

Kyungsoo had only experienced true fear twice in his life. One being that time he stole the 2nd prince Minseoks favorite hat. His brother had sent their kingdom into an icestorm for ten days. The second time was 3 seconds ago. He shivered at the thought. Living in the human world was bad enough but now his father wanted him to live with the humans? It's like living with ants. One ant is not much of a problem, but an army of ants...

Together.

In one place.

This is going to be hell.

 Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo walked up to the main entrance and slowly pushed the glass door open. Once inside, he scanned the main lobby for directions to his room. The silver plate on the wall told him to turn left. And so he did, walking past door after door until he found the door plate with the number 196.

Kyungsoo stopped and stood infront of the door. A feeling of nervousness overtaking him. 'It's ok I'm ready.' He thought. 'I'm a big boy now.'

Wait. What

Before he even has a chance to comprehend his own thoughts, a door is flung in his face. Kyungsoo falls back, landing painfully on his .

"what the ." said a deep voice from above

Kyungsoo quickly pulled himself up and lifted his head to face his attacker.

Holy mother of god.

Infront of him stood the most beautiful being he had ever laid eyes on. Leaning imposingly against the doorframe was a 6 ft tall greek statue. The stucture of his face was sharp and defined, as well as his facial features. Skin radiant and flawless. Pale strands of hair fell perfectly into place, sweeping just above his eyebrows. Kyungsoo felt like the intensity of his gaze was burning a hole into his soul(if he had one).

"Who are you?" He asked, completely mesmerized by the appearance of the stranger infront of him. Is he even human?

"Who are you?" The deep voice replied.

"Uhh."

Kyungsoo had been told repeatedly throughout his life that humans, were nothing but the dirt beneath the worlds shoes. And maybe it was true.

But damn. The dirt infront of him, was some fine quality dirt.

 

Authors Note:

Ha. ha. ha. First chapter is done. I know. so cliche. I'm tryinghere. Any writing tips?