The Task

When Fire meets Snow

Athena walked like a royal on her way to her office. Chin up, standing straight and no smiles. She was just done training. The exchange of shootings outside were not heard thanks to the soundproof walls.She's excited for she was informed of a letter has just arrived. What can it possibly be? A letter of challenge from another gang? Her excitement is not evident on her face. The poker-faced gang leader enters her office only to find a letter on her table. She opens it only to find a letter from the army inviting her to join the war. Yes, there's war between the her country and another country. Athena was cautious. What if they only want to arrest her? Well, if they try to arrest her, she's got the gang anyway. Besides, it'll be fun.

She already has decided. Yes, she'll join and help the army. She calls on the gang members in the building, telling them to pack up and get ready for a travel, but she mentioned some people to guard their building. After the announcement, she goes to the veranda of her house and finds one of her gang members on her way back to the building. The gangster is holding a gun while walking. Athena sees a foreign soldier aiming his gun towards the gangster.

"Dana! Watch out!" Athena shouts to the gangster and jumps from the terrace. She lands safely and aims her gun at the foreign soldier. She pulls the trigger and leads Dana back to their building.

Athena became nervous, for a gangster is a piece to the puzzle of the gang. The Disaster Gang is all she has, her parents died a long time ago but she paid the killer back with vengeance.

"Oh my God, Dana, what were you doing out there?" she expresses her genuine concern for the girl, no matter how "not-so-close" they are. She may be a very cruel gang leader but she has a heart of gold when it comes to the gang. 

"I just went outside to water the plants. I can protect myself. It's just that I wasn't cautious enough. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Just be more cautious next time. Pack your things up."

"You're firing me?" Dana looks worried, causing  Athena to laugh.

"No, silly! The gang has been around for five years and I haven't fired a single person. We're going somewhere." 

Athena walks to Bom's office and tells her about what happened.

"Well, when we will get there, I will pay them back. I'll kill every single one of them. Hahaha" she says with an evil laugh like the villains in those movies. Bom, her best friend, understands her situation. Who wouldn't become like this after her haunted past? Her parents were killed by the former holder of her current title. Just by killing her parents' killer, she already executed her plan of revenge. 

"You know, you did well. Slaying Kyla Jung was a sweet revenge. She's just jealous of our gang since it has been in the peak of popularity when she was the world's most dangerous gangster. She just can't admit you're better than her."

"Thanks, Bom, whoever got her arrested and brought me to the hospital, I love him/her now. I wanna meet him/her."

Bom knows about the man who brought her to the hospital and got Kyla arrested. She kept it from Athena, for she wants it to be a surprise, if they ever meet again. He saved Athena's life. She must have known him before she suffered from amnesia. Or maybe not. 

"Oh. Yeah." Bom says, trying not to unravel the secret she has been keeping for years. She still remembers his name and his face. He went back to his country after staying a few months in the Philippines. She wonders where or how he is now. Maybe they'll meet, she wishes so. If it weren't for him, Athena would be dead by now.

"By the way, our arrival in Manila is a surprise."

"Oh. Okay." Bom gets rid of the thought in her mind.

The next day, they arrived at the area of the army. It was a former school campus. It was so noisy and people were doing their business but when the gang arrived, the people kept quiet and just stood there and looked at her walking like she has a high position. She smirks as she makes it to the head's office.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Jeon. Please take your seat."

"Good afternoon."

"Thank you for accepting our offer to join us. We now trust you. By the way, I'm assigning a task."

"What is it?" Athena smiles excitedly. 

"I need you to kidnap this man. The general of the foreign forces,General Wu Yifan. We need him for information." the man then shows a picture of a handsome guy, about in his 20's. 

"Why, how handsome. Very young. Sure. Why not?"

"Thank you very much, Ms. Jeon. Here's the map to their area." 

Athena exits the room with the map and the picture in her hand. A man directs her to her room and she enters. She gazes at the picture in her hand.

Has she seen this man before? He sure looks familiar. Bom enters the room and finds Athena gazing at the picture.

"Let me take a look at that." Bom gets the picture from Athena.

Her eyes widen as she looks at the man in the picture. 

"How handsome." 

"Don't be distracted by looks. we're gonna come and get him." Athena says while lying on the bed.

"But first, we're gonna rest."