Chapter 2

We are the SHINing Knights!

Minho’s POV:

Mornings were usually very peaceful for me; that was until I turned 18.  Now my mornings are bustling with new of diplomacy with other countries, harvest records, and economy standings.  You can call it a rude awakening to warm up to my act as being king one day.

I’m not really complaining. I just don’t understand the fact that maids have to barge in my room for the morning routine when a good number of them know that I like to sleep without a shirt on. It almost humors me that they have to remain professional about whatever I do in my private life.  Might as well pull my pants off and walk around stark .

…haha, I’m kidding.

I silently accept their presence as they draw the curtains to let the sunlight fill the room.  My clothes for the day were set neatly on my dresser and while a warm bath was made for me.  Ten minutes later I was left alone to prepare myself. 

Walking down to the breakfast room I expected to be greeted by the royal announcer who would go down a list like a drone while I think about fencing.     Instead, I was greeted by the king and queen them nibbling on bread and jam which made me trip out of confusion. What, can’t a guy trip when he feels like tripping?

“Good morning, dear”, my mom smiled.

I blinked and probably made a face as if I was thinking hard, really hard.

“Oh honey, I know this might be out of the ordinary, but we just wanted to eat breakfast with you once in a while” she continued.

Giving a casual nod and smile, I sat down across from them and a bowl of soup was served in front of me which I began to eat. My father and mother carried on chatting.

The king took a piece of bread and started smearing butter nonchalantly “So how’s the fencing practices, Minho?”  

“The usual,” I shrugged. “Me and a few guys are planning to have a fun spar sometime after lunch”

The king and queen looked at me for a short while.  Still speechless, they looked at each other while I raised my eyebrow.

…okay…

I could tell that they were trying their best not to not shock me with whatever news they are trying to tell me. They watched me slowly placed down my spoon, but didn’t say a word, though. My mother, not really taking the suspense decided to  hum a little while fondling with the table cloth and moved her eyes to intently admire the room decorations, as if she seemingly accidentally, but actually deliberately, letting me enjoy my last bit of my moments of peace.

I was glad she did.

Not so long after that, my father broke the silence, “Minho?”

“Yes?”

“Since you are now of age, they is something we need to discuss to you about.”

I hear myself swallow, but I nodded anyway.

 

Taemin’s POV:

Kill me.

It’s one thing to know I’m going to get another pep talk about my spontaneous night hunts, but it’s another to just sit and suffer the wait to be scolded at.  I’m not a fool that jumps into a crowd of danger. I plan believe it or not, but I’m pretty sure my recent act is walking on the line of fire when I brought home a dragon.

Within my few second of dying from boredom, my eyes laid on a bag of letters that were to be delivered to my dad’s private quarters. One letter in particular was in a fancy gold envelope stamped with a neighboring kingdom’s symbol I knew all too well.

A letter from Minho’s kingdom? Obviously it was an invitation to some formal event.

Just look at the printed flowers and illegible swirly lettered words. It’s pure logic. 

I wonder if Minho’s kingdom is holding a ball?

I want to know wtf is going on…

Whistling innocently, I strolled down the hall and scanned the hallway from wondering eyes. Opening the letter I read the first few sentences.

‘The King and Queen of Carlton would like to humbly invite the royal family of the neighboring kingdom, Brightwyn, to the Prince’s first ball since his becoming of age..’

So Minho’s is going have to meet and go one tea dates with princesses of other kingdoms?

Really? Like, now? I could pinch myself.

Minho is going to need all the moral support he can get.

 

Minho’s POV:

“We’d like to hold a ball for your potential suitresses!” my mother enthused.

….

Oh no.

Oh, no, no, no, no.

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

-kalnt Note:

Yoooooooo.  I’m not dead, guys!

Yeah, how long has it been? Wow.

I have to say, a lot has change in this site since I’ve last been active here.  I never forgot my stories.  I’ll admit, it was scary seeing some of my old writing, haha.  I just haven’t been really immersed in kpop recently, but that doesn’t mean I enjoy writing stories, and once a Shinee fan is always a Shinee fan.

I know the update is a bit short, but I’m also trying to get my writing mojo back, most of it is trying to improve.  Anyway, I'm currently interested in working more on this comedy fic of the Shinee princes and their adventures.  So yeah, thanks for reading! :D