And The Leader Puts His Foot Down

And The Leader Puts His Foot Down

A/N:  Before I start, let me just take a moment to thank everyone who subscribed to and commented on my previous stories!!

It really meant a whole damn much to me and it was one of the major reasons that kept me motivated to write more…  Also, I needed my fluff fix kekeke.

Without further ado, I present more SuLay fluff!

I hope you all enjoy it!

Disclaimer: you know the drill.

___ ___ ___

 

Suho was a nice guy.

He was an amiable fellow, whom everyone loved having around for a chat or to work with.

He was mild mannered, almost to a point where his dongsaengs could get away with anything.

He always spoke gently, his voice barely rising even when scolding his younger members.

Anyone and everyone would vouch for the fact that he was caring guy. Jongdae always liked to retell about the time when Suho took care of him for a whole week when he had a raging fever.

Yeah, Suho was an admirable guy.

 

And he was completely ready to murder the next person who approached Zhang Yixing.

 

He tried to control his teeth from gritting as he watched Kris loop an arm around Yixing’s shoulders and steer him around to the end of the practice room, laughing at something Yixing said.

Some inside joke in Chinese, no doubt, thought Suho.

 

As he felt that familiar burning fury shoot through his veins, he thought about how everything had gone wrong that day.

Honestly, the day had started off perfectly with a lazy cuddle in bed with Yixing, Suho reminisced. He will never understand how and why it just went downhill from there on.

 

Okay, maybe he knew.

But he will never admit it.

 

The K group had their studio recording that day and it was immense reluctance that Suho had finally made the resolution to get up and then proceed on his daily routine of waking everyone else up.

He had been in the kitchen getting the coffee ready when he saw Tao slip into their room.

He had assumed Tao was going over to whine and maybe snatch some extra sleep while he wasn’t looking.

 

So he had sighed in amusement and had stepped into the room to drag the Chinese brat out when he froze at the sight of his boyfriend cuddling with the younger man.

The room had suddenly felt stuffy and he could only gape in stunned silence at the scene in front of him.

The moment was disturbed when both of them lazily cracked an eye open and Yixing whined, “Five more minutes, hyung~” before throwing the blanket over both of them, effectively muffling Tao’s giggles.

 

Suho had wanted nothing more than to fling Tao out of their balcony on the third floor.

 

He was about to march in and do just that, when he was pushed aside by Kris who looked like he just got out of bed, his hair mussed up and eyes thick with sleep.

Suho had felt relieved. Obviously, Kris was here to get Tao back to their bed and nag at him for leaving him alone.

 

And so, he was dumbfounded when Kris dragged Tao out of bed onto the floor and jumped in to curl up with Yixing.

“W-What the hell are you guys doing??” Suho had nearly screeched.

 

Get out of our bed and away from my boyfriend!

 

“What does it look like?” Kris had responded sleepily, “I’m getting warm.”

Suho had resisted the urge to tear his hair out.

 

He had watched not-so-amusedly as Tao got back up into the bed and they had ended up in a tangle of limbs trying to get into comfortable sleeping position. As they attained said position, Yixing had raised his head sorely, grinned at Suho and said cheerfully, “Five more minutes, hyung~”  

And he promptly fell back to sleep.

___ ___ ___

 

Suho had spent the morning in a muted daze.

He didn’t say anything when Chanyeol asked him what was for breakfast.

He didn’t smile indulgently at Baekhyun’s morning diva moments.

He didn’t scold Jongin and Sehun for playing around, instead of helping with setting the dishes.

Only when he nearly chopped off his fingers while preparing the bacon did Kyungsoo pull him away, amidst Suho’s protests that he was completely fine and he was being careless.

“Yeah, right”, said Kyungsoo, dragging Suho to the couch, “You sit here and we’ll make breakfast. Right?” he turned around to stare hard at the rest of the members.

Everyone else hushed up immediately under Kyungsoo’s glare and made a move on what they had to do.

Kyungsoo was a formidable force which could reach levels of utterly terrifying on mornings after a bare amount of sleep, such as that day and nobody wanted that to happen again.

 

As Suho sat on the couch, listlessly flipping through channels on the television, Jongin had cautiously approached Kyungsoo and quietly asked,

“What’s wrong with Suho hyung? He’s acting like a third stage sulky Tao.”

“Yeah!” Baekhyun’s head had popped up right beside Jongin’s shoulder, “What happened to our charismatic leader mom?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Hell, I don’t know. “, he said, “I’m pretty sure he was happy in the morning with his wake up anthem. So something must have happen- No, Sehun! PUT THEM DOWN, FOR CHRISSAKE.”

Sehun, who had been precariously balancing plates on his fingers lowered them on to the table and wrinkled his face into a disappointed pout.

“You’re no fun, hyung”, he complained.

“Yes, you can thank me for not ripping you apart from your money when you break those dishes.”

“Yes, hyung.”

 

Breakfast had been an almost strained affair, with Kyungsoo acting like everything’s normal, Jongin being adorably confused, Chanyeol cracking jokes with Baekhyun laughing a little too much at them and Sehun gulping down everything in front of him.

Suho had smiled slightly through it all and Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief.

Everything was fine.

Until a sleepy trio emerged from Suho’s room.

 

Kyungsoo had watched curiously as Suho stiffened at the chorus of drowsy ‘good morning’s and was startled to see Suho glower at Yixing when the latter came over to the table and looped his arms around the sitting man.

“Your breath stinks”, said Suho sharply, extracting himself from the hug.

Yixing had looked sheepish, mumbled an unapologetic apology and kissed the top of Suho’s head before heading on the bathroom.

 

Kyungsoo wondered if he was the only one who saw Suho stare icily at the other leader who had followed his roommate into the bathroom.

He then smirked at the realization of the meaning behind the annoyance.

It was an expression he had seen on Jongin’s face several times when he was playing around with the others too much, leaving the younger man behind.

Completely unintentional, of course.

 

He happily resumed his breakfast, cheerfully ordering the rest of them to finish their meals before he shoved it down their throats.

Oh, Suho hyung, you idiot.

 

___  ___  ___

 

It had started a long time back, Suho had noted wryly, while lounging across the sofa in the studio during their break.

 

At first it was just the little things like holding hands a little longer than he would have liked.

Then it had turned into hugs and longer hugs, cute selcas, the congratulatory first hugs and everything else that Suho did not want Yixing to do without him.

He couldn’t really say it out loud either. Everyone would dismiss it as harmless fan service or that Yixing finally opening up and being a little affectionate.

Or worse, that Suho was being too possessive.

And so, Suho would simmer down the flames of fury whenever it happened and smile through it all.

  

No, he was not jealous, Suho had thought viciously.

He was kind, he was caring, he gave s whatever they asked for (as long as it was within reason), and he loved them as his own kids.

Oh, and he was jealous.

Suho had rolled over, effectively muffling his groan of frustration.

 

_____  _____  _____

 

The recording for that day had ended late and when they were getting out, they were informed that the M members were in the practice studio.

Sehun had been the first one to dash over to the other side of the building.

Suho had half a mind to do the same but he restrained himself, instead calling after Sehun to be careful.

 

“Hyung, you should go as well”

Suho had turned around to see a smiling Kyungsoo.

 

“No, it’s fine. We should go get dinner for everyone first”, Suho replied, smiling back but eyeing the younger man carefully.

Smiling Kyungsoo equals a scheming Kyungsoo. Or worse, a Kyungsoo that knew something that others didn’t.

 

And Suho vigorously prayed that it’s neither.

 

“No, no we’ll do that! Right, Jongin?” said Kyungsoo, enthusiastically pulling an earnest Jongin along.

“Yeah, we’ll help you guys!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun chorused, running ahead.

Suho could already hear them bicker over the menu.

 

“We’re buying bulgogi, right? And maybe some curry noodles.”

“Oh c’mon, Baekhyunnie, everyone wants samgyeopsal. But I agree with the curry noodles.”

“Bulgogi, though!”

“Samgyeopsal!”

“We’re getting jajangmyeon”

“But Kyungsoo-yaaaaaa~”

 

And so, he was in the practice room right now, watching Kris and Tao chase around his boyfriend and praying to God to make Kyungsoo arrive faster with the food.

 

“WHAT?”

Suho winced at Luhan’s horrified screech and turned around to see a sheepish Sehun holding up his arms in surrender to a livid Luhan.

“Hyung, it was ages ago! I’m sure no one really gives it that much attention now. Right, Yixing hyung?”

 

Yixing turned around at Sehun’s query.

“What, Sehun-ah?”

“That pepero kiss thing.”

“Oh, that!” Yixing laughed, “That was such a long time ago! Plus, it was Sehun’s fault.” He added with an impish grin.

Sehun made a dramatic gesture of getting stabbed in the heart and Suho thought that he wouldn’t have minded doing it for him.

 

Suddenly, Yixing looked over at Suho and frowned.

For a second, Suho panicked.

Did my decision to commit murder show up on my face??

Damned acting classes.

 

Suho smiled nervously at him.

To his alarm, Yixing was coming over, his brows knitted and his mouth opening to speak.

 

Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat.

 

“Food’s here!”

In the stampede caused by Kyungsoo’s cheery declaration, whatever Yixing wanted to say had died on his lips and Suho wasn’t sure if he was relieved or distraught.

 

___  ___  ___

 

They were finally home.

‘Finally, the nightmare that was today would be over’, thought Suho, plummeting himself onto his bed.

No, not yet.

 

Suho turned around at the sound of the bedroom door opening and watched Yixing slip inside quietly, close the door and lock it.

 

Suho did not know what to expect.

So, he slightly surprised when Yixing turned around with concerned eyes and asked, “Suho hyung, are you alright?”

What?

“I mean- you were acting different today! You weren’t smiling much, you barely talked today and pretty much ignored everyone! Plus, you didn’t even look at me once today.” He added dismally.

 

Suho relaxed and smiled up at him, “I’m fine, Yixing. I just didn’t feel like talking much, that’s all.”

“Yeah, right. You always have something to say”, replied Yixing, quirking an eyebrow.

 

“Do not!”

“Do too! You know you can tell me anything, right?”

“Yes, I do. Except there’s nothing to say in this situation.”

“So there is a situation.”

“It was a figure of speech!” Suho exclaimed, rolling back into his bed and hoping Yixing took the hint to drop the subject.

 

He felt his mattress dip slightly as Yixing sat at the edge of his bed and couldn’t stop the rush of warmth that spread through him when his hand grasped his own.

 

“Hyung, talk to me.”

“There is nothing to talk about, Yixing. I was just tired today.”

“No. I know how you are when you’re tired. You smile even then. Today you were just frowning the whole time. When Kris-ge was-“

Suho shut his eyes tightly to block out the image of Kris holding onto Yixing.

“- and you were looking so down in the dumps even when Sehun was doing all-“

Suho felt his anger spike at the mention of the brat.

“- So just tell me what’s wrong and I can help you fix-“

 

Yixing’s words were cut off abruptly as he watched Suho spring up, face scowling and eyes blazing lividly.

“You want to know what’s wrong?” Suho whispered hotly, “You, Zhang Yixing.”

Stop.

“You want to know why I’m so pissed off? You.”

Don’t.

 

The words were tumbling from his mouth before he could stop himself.

 

“You want to go lovey-dovey with Kris? That’s fine! But why do you have to do it in front of me? You want to go have a tongue war with Sehun? Let me give you some tips then. You want to have a cuddle with someone else in our bed? I’ll just leave plenty of space for you both. You want to hug forever and take cute selcas, go right ahead! Because I sure don’t give a damn about the fact that you don’t do them with me, do I?? Well, newsflash, big boy: I do. I care so damn much that you don’t want anything with me and that makes me wonder why you’re still even with me and do you even care about me and why the hell are you grinning??

 

Suho finished his tirade with a raging shout and raised his arms to shove Yixing off his bed when he found himself being pushed back down and pinned beneath a still grinning Yixing.

“That was quite a rant, Joonmyeon.” Yixing chuckled.

“Let me go.” Suho managed to grind out.

 

Yixing disregarded the commanding request by tightening his grip on Suho’s wrists.

“Not yet, Joonmyeon. We have a few things to clarify” Yixing put on a mocking contemplative expression, “So, I want to be lovey-dovey with Kris, I want to kiss Sehun, I want to take selcas with Luhan, I want to cuddle with Tao and I don’t need you, right?”

 

Suho tilted his face away. It sounded ridiculous when Yixing said it like that and he could feel his face radiating the embarrassment he felt.

His eyes flew back Yixing’s face as he heard him chuckle again.

 

“How are you so stupid, Joonmyeon?”

 

Suho’s mouth dropped open in indignation and Yixing took the opportunity to kiss him. Suho instinctively raised his head to deepen the kiss and nearly let out a whine when Yixing broke free.

Yixing rolled over to lie on his back, pulled Suho towards him and held him tightly.

 

“I want to be lovey-dovey with you”, Yixing said quietly.

 

Suho jerked his head up to meet Yixing’s fervent eyes.

 

“I want to take cute selcas with you”, Yixing continued, “I want to cuddle with you in our bed, on the sofa, in the car, even when we’re standing in line for ice cream. I want to kiss you all the time and make you mine. Because, Joonmyeon, I’m always yours.”

 

Yixing gently pulled away to look at Suho.

“I never did any of those things with you because I thought you weren’t one for PDA. I remember you pushing me away slightly when I kissed your neck. You looked embarrassed so I thought you didn’t like it when I did that in public. Or were you just being shy?” Yixing teased.

 

Suho pouted slightly at the mild accusation and Yixing laughed and exclaimed, “I can’t believe you were jealous!”

“I am not jealous.”

“You keep telling yourself that”, Yixing smirked before kissing his boyfriend’s nose and pulling him close.

 

Suho snuggled against the safe warmth and let out a content sigh and heard the rumble of suppressed laughter in the younger man’s chest.

“Yixing.”

“Yes, jelly baby?”

“Shut up.”

___  ___  ___

 

A/N: I posted it as a one-shot because I was distinctly uncomfortable with a two-shot having events happening in the same day.

Whoopie dee. And another SuLay is out!

I hope you guys enjoyed this because I sure as hell did!

Since I won't know if you guys enjoyed this or not, leave a comment about what you felt about the story! 

Constructional critiscism is always welcome (*´・v・)

Commenters get a cookie~~~!! ╰( ´・ω・)つ──☆✿✿✿✿✿✿