Fin

Somewhere Along The Way

 

Dealing with the one and only Jung Daehyun is tiresome.

Youngjae knows it best.

They had been bestfriends, at some point. And more than that in another time. But now, he didn’t really know. What are they? Well, it’s just so damn confusing at times.

Befriending someone like him was totally easy, and when they practically together everyday—living in the same dorm, practicing together, having the same job— Youngjae didn’t really have much choice. In their debut days, Daehyun was the one closest to his age and they’re both vocalists. Becoming bestfriend is just a matter of time.

And they eventually did.

They were bestfriends. Youngjae talked to Daehyun about everything; his worries, his concerns, his dream and ambition. And Daehyun did the same. They just laughed out loud about everything, enjoying their simple friendship.

But falling for someone was so damn easier. You don’t even need the help of gravity for that.

You just happen to meet them everyday. You just happen to tell them everything. You just happen to know about their everything. You just happen to be bestfriend.

And that bestfriend of yours just happened to harbour the same feeling.

Who said that when things are mutual, it will instantly become easy? No. It’s not.

When things are mutual but people chose to act differently upon it, it just become much more difficult.

And that what had happened to them.

It was mutual. Youngjae was not THAT dumb. They way Daehyun looked at him, hold him, and even his constant nagging; It was not out of a mere friendship. No words needed to be said. They both knew it. It was more. They were more than bestfriends.

But Daehyun was just dumb, or he’s really the king of friendzone.

Youngjae hadn’t expect him to say things loud. No, they’re idols. It was risky. But at least, Youngjae wanted everything to be clear between them. And then there was Daehyun, who constantly labelled him as his bestfriend. Everywhere. Everytime.

And that’s when Youngjae chose to give him the damn sign. NO. He said it –well, tweeted it— NO. Daehyun wasn’t his bestfriend.

And leave it to Daehyun to be all smiley answering a fan question. “YES! Youngjae is my BESTFRIEND. I love Youngjae!”

 

See? Who’s the one holding back the ship.

 

And it irritated Youngjae.

People might wonder, why he lately became so close and touchy-feely with Junhong? The ankward kid had become his new bestfriend. That’s it. He wouldn’t be able to act like that towards Daehyun, not after what he felt and how Daehyun had constantly trampled on his feeling. Call him selfish, he knows perfectly that he is.

But to be able to stand by the one you harbour a feeling with, while knowing perfectly that the others just don’t want to see you that way, is hurting. And Youngjae wasn’t that strong.

So he had decided.

He refused to be Daehyun’s bestfriend.

They might be back to that later, but Youngjae needed to take care of his own feeling first. And the best way to do it was to take some distance.

Maybe that was the start of all the bickering that happened. They seemed to argue more nowadays, insulting each other. And it wasn’t out of friendship. It was full of venom.

The members might have realized that there’s something rather wrong with the pair. And maybe that’s why Himchan had asked him the question. Why they had been arguing so much lately?

“I don’t know. Why do you think so Daehyun?”

It was the truth. He didn’t know. He didn’t know why the older had been so keen on picking up a fight nowadays.

Youngjae was aware that he might have wounded Daehyun somehow, but if it’s what it takes to restore things to normal, then he would gladly take the consequences.

He knows that later, somewhere along the way, they might be able to come back to the way they were before: Friends. Good friends. Maybe bestfriends.

And things would be simple all.

But now, Youngjae just didn’t know where he stands.

They’re in love with each other? He doubt it. He didn’t want to think of it.

They’re bestfriends? Nope. It has been long.

They’re frenemies? Something still a bit off.

Then, friends? They didn’t behave like one.

Someone he just knew? It was more.

 

Maybe that’s why, when a certain fan ask him what Daehyun is to him, he was almost certain.

What does Jung Daehyun means to Yoo Youngjae? 1) Yo, brother~ 2) Just a person 3) Just a member 4) Nuisance 5) Daehyunnie that I love

He made another box [Fellow Coworker] and checked it.

It was the safest line to not let his heart break any further.

 

And then Daehyun just casually checked all the options given.

 

See? Dealing with Jung Daehyun is so damn tiresome.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A silly drabble from me....

All the things happened in the daejae tags.....gosh, they're so difficult. Hahaha

If you liked it, comment! It does make my day :-)