Black Widow

Black Widow

Willow’s internet café.

Long time,no see.

 

The place smelt exactly the same;like fresh bread and aromatic coffee.It sounded the same too:whispers and endless clicking and typying,quiet instrumental music playing in the background.It look different though.The once vintage pale pink walls were now caramel-coloured.Luhan decided he liked it that way and was inspired to order a caramel cappuccino while Jongin ordered ,as usual,black coffee with no sugar in it.

„Sugarcoating,in coffee or in life,is pointless.Sweet stuff makes me wanna throw up.”

On the other hand ,Luhan was a candy addict.Despite the differences,they made good team together.

A waitress flashed them a bright smile when passing by their table.People there were familiar with them.So familiar they could become their second family.

„My boys!It’s been almost 2 months.Where have you been?I was worried you traded us for another café when you stopped coming by .”

„No way!We’ve just been very busy lately,Sam.Sorry.But hey,today’s our  free day so here we are.”

„Don’t stress too much.The equilibrium between work and relaxation is the key of succes.”

Jongin hummbed approvingly while pressing his full lips on the edge of the mug and taking a sip of his coffee.Luhan nodded and then his attention was captured by the jinggle above the glass door announcing a group of teenagers entering the scenery:3 boys and 2 girls.

He noticed new customers,new faces he wasn’t used to,people who didn’t use to come there before.

 

 

“Look.”

A couple of photos flew right  on Luhan’s  desk.It took him a few seconds to register what happened and pick them up to do as told.

“Same mark?”

“Same criminal.”

“ This is the 2nd murder this week,the 7th per  total.”

“I can’t deny, I am intrigued by this chick.”

“How’d you know it’s a girl?”

“All of the victims are men.”

“That’s an invalid reason.”

“Why?They all could have been her lovers; the typical psycho girlfriend.”

“Amazing.”

“I know right.I guess I’ll call her The Black widow since her signature is a spider.It fits the situation well, don’t you think?”

“You need to stop naming the criminals,Jongin.”

“Byung and Zhang just gave up on the case ,they said it’s impossible to solve it.They just put it on the shelf and tagged it as “cold case” when there was so much more to investigate.How ridiculous!”

“Please don’t tell me what I think you’re going to tell me.”

“I want to take over the case.”

“You’re so stupid.”

“Will you help?”

Luhan sighed  a little then thought for a little too long but eventually  accepted.They’ve never had such a hard case.

“Fine, when do we start?”

“Right now.” Jongin said a little too excited and that  moment Luhan knew it was going to be  long night.You see,Jongin was that kind of detective who really loved his job.He was ardent, rebellious and has never worked well in a team but he was friends with Luhan since about 8th grade so he was an exception.The honey blond boy was also passionate but not in the unhealthy way Jongin was.

“Do these guys have anything in common?”

“Apart the spider on their necks?No. They’re pretty different in my opinion.Hm… Maybe their age.Most of them were university students: 23,24,20,21,19,22,21…”

“Do you think the criminal is an university student too?”

“Or  an old lady with a for younger guys.”

“Not funny.”

“I’m not trying to be funny,just saying.”

“Let’s start from the beginning:the first crime,the first person’s profile.”

Kim Seokjin ,22,born on December 4th ,he was studying architecture,came from a single-parent family and had no siblings.The crime took place on March 19th 2014, on Bugak Skyway.He was strangled with a rope.

By the end of the night there were papers everywhere on the floor ,5 empty cups of coffee on the desk,a black haired boy asleep on the couch.Luhan managed to stay awake unlike Jongin.He looked at the clock and read 6:12.The door swung open:

“Luhan, I— what the .” -Byun Baekhyun- “What happened to this place?Is that Kai on the couch?Did you guys fight??Did you just knock him out?? Is he at least conscious ??Oh my god,Luhan,check his pulse to see if  he’s at least breathing for God’s sake ,what the !”

Byun Baekhyun was one of the most obnoxious and loud creatures on this earth.He talked and talked and talked and talked and—

“Um no,we were just working…is there anything you wanted?”

“Ah,yes,yes.So will you guys take my case—the spider serial criminal?”
 

“Black widow.” Luhan said dumbly.

“Black widow?Oh,that’s a cool name.So will you ?”

“Yes,why?” A frown.

“Oh my,Thank you.Yixing was thinking of continuing it while dragging me along and I want to,I’m sick of it.”

“I see…”

“Hyung,let’s grab breakfast together !”

“S-sure.”

 

 

Baekyun hit the road as soon as they got inside his red Mercedes.

„What do you wanna eat?”

„Dubbeoki.”

„That’s great.But first, I gotta pick up my friend and drop him off somewhere.Is it okay?”

„Your car,your rules.” Luhan shrugged while playing with a piece of paper.He unfolded it,looked at it, folded it back,then put it inside his pocket. Mahna Universty appeared in sight after about 10 minutes.There was a young black-haired boy waiting in front of the gates.

 

„—Soo!You stranger, I haven’t seen you in sooo long.” Baekhyun jumped out of the car and hugged his friend tightly.

While the two of them were exchanging a few words,Luhan became more and more intrigued by the architecture and the design of the University.It was gracefully elegant and very hospitable. His eyes fell on a big board placed on the grandious stone fence which  surrounded the building.The board contained the  motto ,the logo and probably more,but the honey blond boy ’s world paused at the logo.He  gasped  as he unfolded the paper in his pocket and compared the symbol on it with the Mahna University’s logo.

The spider.It was identical.

 

 

 

They were going undercover as students.Theoretically their job was easy now.They had to monitorize the students,any suspicious behavior,collect information,hopefully idetify and arrest the Black Widow.

3  weeks past but nothing unusual happened.That was weird.2 murders in one week and then none in 3.Maybe the Black Widow found out about their plan and couldn’t risk getting catched.

„Hey,new kids,how’s all going?”.Kyungsoo sit at their table with a cup of tea in his hand.

„It’s like re-living a part of my life.This place is pretty cool...And this cafetaria is wow .”Jongin said.Luhan just smiled and nodded.

„Good to hear that.I still doubt you’ll ever find a criminal in here.”

„We’ll see.”

One week later a student from Mahna was murdered:Kim Myungsoo – right under their noses.This time,there was a witness.Not just an ordinary witness but Kyungsoo ,who saw a blonde girl leaving the victim’s room, room 300, and entering room 305.She said it was true she was there but denied killing him.She  started crying after several questions.

„Yoona,it’s true you sent Myungsoo a message saying <> at 11:45 last night?”

„For the 10th time, yes!He sent me a message saying he wants to see me and answered with <>  went there but saw nobody.I call his name a few times and then I went back to my room!”

„Did you check the bathroom?”

„No.”

„We found the body in the bathroom.”

„Then I am glad I didn’t.”

„What was your relationship with him?”

„We were friends.”

„Okay, Jongin.That’s enough.Yoona-ssi,you can go and remember ,you don’t know who we are.”Luhan  said as he entered the interogatory room.The girl nodded and dissapeared.

„Why did you do that?”

„This makes no sense.It’s not her.”

„Why?because that’s what she says so?”

„Because I say so.We identified the location where message was sent from:13 kms away from the dorm.”

„So?”

„Think about it.It’s not Myungsoo who called her in his room.It was someone else who took his cellphone and knew the exact time Kyungsoo was going to be back at the dorm in order to  see her.”

„I thought this Black Widow was smarter” Jongin snorted „but this attempt to make someone else look guilty was pretty lame.She or he is afraid.Like a cornered animal ,trying to escape.That won’t happen.”

 

 

 

„It is not her,isn’t it?”

„No.”

„In the future,I’d like to be a part of the law enfrocement...But it’s scary.”

„In time you get used to it.”

„Really?”

„Yes.”

„I hope so.”

„Listen. Be careful.The killer seems to know you and your schedule.Just make sure you don’t get killed on my watch.”

„Yes,sir.”

Jongin lit a cigarette and its smoke mixed with Kyungsoo’s cold breath and evaporated in the golden sunset.The basseball field  was empty and here on the highest  step  of the tribune he felt light and powerful.He chewed his lips for a while and frowned deeply as if he was thinking.Kyungsoo didn’t bother to ask because,in fact,he didn’t really want to know what was there on the bottom of Jongin’s sea of thoughts.That scared him too.

 

Luhan found him himself wondering around the tennis court.November air painted his nose in red and crystallized his hazel eyes.His hands froze too.He still could stop and appreciate the beautiful way the sun was setting though.The tennis team arrived and he decided to walk off.He walked for some more till he met Jongin and Kyungsoo on his way.

„Hyung!” Jongin grinned

„Is that ice cream?”

„School has an ice cream machine right next to the principal office.” Kyungsoo spoke „Want me to show you?After that ,I was thinking we can grab some chips and soda too and watch some movies in my room.”

„Sounds nice.You go ahead ,i’ll just catch up you guys later.”

„Are you sure?”

„Yup.”

He walked off.

 

 

 

„What do you have?”

„Mostly horror and romance.”

„That’s an interesting combination.”

„Ha.”

„Let’s watch Carla.I love it.I wanna see it again.”


„Should we wait Luhan?”

„Nah ,he cries at scary films anyway. He’s boring.”

„I like him.”

„That’s because everybody likes Luhan. He’s  the perfect child,the gentle lover,the obedient student , the polite neighbor , the oddly nice stranger.”

„ Nothing bad in that.”

„Just the boringness”

.

 

 

Luhan  walked around the the university’s insides for an half an hour or more, scrutinizing every detail.Mahna University was a haundred years ago a ghotic church.He found the ice cream machine next to the principal office,as Kyungsoo told him he would.He introduced two coins and pressed the flavor he wanted.Nothing came.He pressed again.Same thing,nothing came.He groaned and introduced other two coins.He pressed   on the chocolate flavor again and waited and waited. The blond sighed rubbing his eyes.That’s when a young calm voice asked if he needed any help.

When he turned his head, he saw the owner of that voice :a tall ,slim, brown haired boy dressed in casual dark-colored clothes.He could be a model with that height and even his sharp ,fine features could help.

The boy hit the machine a few times until the desired ice cream showed up.He took it and handed it to Luhan who blinked stupidly and muttered a shy „thank you.”

„This is the trick to make this thing work.You’re not from around here,aren’t you?”

„Uh,no.I just transffered here.”

„Where from?”

„Yonsei.”Luhan thought quickly.

„Whoa,why would you leave Yonsei for Mahna?Yonsei is awesome,my brother goes there.”

„Oh,really...”

„Yeah.Oh Hyunjae – maybe you know him.”

„No,sorry.I don’t recognize this name.”

„That’s alright.”

„And you are?”

„Oh Sehun,majoring in science.” The boy pulled out a hand and Luhan shook it.Sehun’s hands were warm unlike his.

 

 

„Hey,Luhan-hyung,why alone?” Kyunsoo asked, sitting next to Luhan on the bench and the other just shrugged.

„Where’s Jongin?”

„Well,apparently he’s living the time of his life.He made new friends and forgot about me.”

„I’ve noticed.He became pretty popular, girls are asking for his number and stuff but he’s mostly hanging  out with Sehun.”

„With who?”

„A friend of mine.Maybe i’ll introduce him to you tonight.There’s this party...will you come?”

„I’ll pass.”

„Jongin will be there.”

„What the hell.You know what?fine.I’ll be there.”

And Luhan kept his promise.

The room was blaring,two big speakers pounding with incoherent music.Boys and girls,they were all over each other ,dancing.The smell of nicote,sweat and alchool was so strong that it almost made Luhan sick.It was intoxicating.In the middle of the dancefloor he saw Sehun and Jongin grinding on each each other according to the beat.His breath hitched when Jongin’s hands found their way in Sehun’s chestnut hair ; he could  bet that his hair was as soft as it seemed and it probably smelt like flowers,vanilla and rainbows.Jongin suddenly shoved his tongue inside his mouth making Luhan whisper a high-pitched  swear and turn around.He threw himself on the nearest  couch, still trying to avoid looking in that direction.Someone fell asleep on his shoulder.He decided to keep queit  about it and stayed still ,glancing from time to time at the dancers still trying to avoid the center.

At some point he heared a glass breaking.Instinctvely he looked and saw Jongin lying unconscious on the ground.He ran to help him up and Sehun did the same.

„...Han ,you at ...party?You’re a good kid.. don’t do parties ,go home...”

For a second,Luhan looked as if he wanted to say something back but he lost it seeing Sehun staring at him.They helped the drunk black haired boy walk ,stumbling on the way.

„I feel stupid for being worried about you.In truth you were all fine,busy getting drunk and making out with a 18 years old.

„He’s 19.I checked if he’s legal...how could I break the law, I am the law,right?Right.” Jongin laughed and Luhan rolled his eyes, lied him on his back and covered him with a blanket.

„Sleep.Don’t talk to me anymore.”

So he let Jongin sleep and closed the bedroom’s door behind him and then he returned to Sehun in the hallway.

„Sorry, I didn’t know he was you boyfriend.”

„Eh?oh no no no,he’s not – we’re not – never .”

„Luhan,right?”

„Me?I mean um yes.”

„Just making sure.You haven’t told me your name the first time we met,you know...at the ice cream machine.”

„Sehun.”

„I’m glad you remember.I’ll be going.Goodnight,Luhan.”

„Goodnight,Sehun.”

 

 

„Curious” was one of Luhan’s main traits so he naturally peeked through the only open door he’s seen while taking a walk, not caring enough to go to class and play the obedient student that morning.That classroom looked different.It was larger and equipped with many more desks than a regular one ,cabinets,microscopes and extensive audio-visual equipment to assist in the presentation of microscope,test tubes,beakers and a strong smell of hospital.He looked at the tag on the door – „Biology Laboratory”— ah,yes,of course.There was also an an aquarium in front of which stood a boy talking to the fish inside. If Luhan would have not recognized the boy ,he would have sworn he’s a madman.But it was just Sehun.

„Marco,what’s up?You’re so agitated today.Jojin ,you really need to eat more.Okay,good boy.What’s that Marco?Someone’s watching us?Are you sure.”

Luhan hasitated no more and cracked the widely door open entering and went to kneel next to Sehun.

„How did you know I was watching you?”

„I have what people call <>.”

They both tried to abstain but they couldn’t so they just burst out in laughter.

„Just kidding.I saw your reflection in the aquarium.”

„I thought so.”

„I take care of the fish.I feed them and stuff.”

„Hmhm...I see.And you named them?”

„Not all of them.”

„I already know Marco and Jojin.What else?”

„Well,right there in the corner is Zion.He’s pretty shy.And there is Mio, a 5 months old Lyretail Anthias .That white and yellow Symphysodon Discus  is called  Bom.”

„What about that one?It’s really beautiful.”

„A male Opaque White Betta .Betta fish or Siamese fighting fish is pretty common for aquariums.They tend to be rather aggressive because in the past ,the people of Thailand and Malaysia have collected these fish prior to the 19th century from the wild and bred them specifically for fighting.And yes, it is indeed very beautiful.I’ll call him Luhan.”

 

Luhan rised and eyebrow and pursed his lips.He took another look at the aquarium and pointed to the ugliest fish in it saying he’ll name it Sehun.When Sehun asked why Luhan just replied with „because it’s ugly”.They burst in laughter once again.

 

 

On a Saturday evening they decided to watch the baseball match between their University’s team and  Sojong University’s one even though Luhan rejected the idea initially because ,if he was to be honest ,he preffered soccer but was dragged along by Sehun and Jongin.He felt awkward sitting between the two.Jongin seemed not to remember and Sehun seemed not to care.Luckily he had his Rubik’s cube with him to distract himself.He began playing with it:turning ,twisting, switching colors – only after a few mintes he realized the pair of eyes piercing through him with interest .Jongin was still focused on the match,mouth full of popcorn at right ,Sehun was genuinly smiling at him from his left side.

„How do you do that?” he asked with a childish voice that made Luhan smile as well.

„I don’t know how…It’s pure mathematics.You move 3 corners,preserving other corners then twist these 2 corners and—“

It actually surprised Luhan that Sehun was still paying attention at the end of this explanations.The younger muttered something about him “being so smart” but he couldn’t hear it clearly because the crowd started cheering and then Jongin groaned when he saw the cube saying something about “him and his boring hobbies”.This time he heard clearly.

Two days later Sehun was still trying to figure out how to desperately solve the Rubik’s Cube.Luhan gave him his “spare” cube so he can exercise whenever he wants.

“Let’s go out.”

“No, thanks ,hyung.I don’t feel like to…”

“I mean let’s go out on a date or something.”

Jongin  was very sharp and bold when speaking.He wasn’t the type to sugarcoat things.Sehun was surprised but not really.He more taken aback than surprised but he got used to Jongin being like that so he just shrugged like it wasn’t big deal.

“Not interested.”

“Okay ,fine,great!Alright, whatever ,mister-whatever…mister-not-giving-a-flying-.But just as a reminder  :you enjoyed it when my tongue when in you mouth because you actually moaned my name twice in order to prove this and when I—“

“I was drunk.What do you want ,Jongin?” Sehun cut the brunette,half-groaning ,half-sighing and rolling his eyes so much he could almost see the back of his head.

“A date.” Jongin said playfully and simply ,grinning.

“No.” Sehun said just as simply and walked off letting Jongin no ther choice but follow him around like a puppy.

“Hey!I’ve never rejected this way what the hell,Sehun.Do you know how many girls would like to be in your placeand how much they’d give for this?”

“Cool.”

Sehun suddenly started to walk faster.He dissapeard behind a corner so Jongin fastened his speed too so he could catch him up.He turned to the right and at the same time Luhan appeared from behind the corner and the collision was inevistable.They both lose their control but not enough to fall.In the process Luhan hit his tiny nose in Jongin’s solid shoulder.He gripped it quickly and rubbed it a few times.

“Watch your steps!”

”You  too,Kim Jongin.” The older frown at the insignificant doze of respect he received as a hyung.

Jongin snorted and replied in a sassy manner: “Look blondie,between you and me,I am the one worthier to say watch your damn steps because I was going into a specific direction with a real purpose and you interfered like an obstacle ,cutting my way,bumping into me while,on the other  side , you were probably just roaming this institute’s hallways like a lost sheep again like you’ve done these past few days.”

“Since when am I an obstacle for you…?No,wait.Great.So we’re talking about  the past few days? let’s also talk about you not only about me.You’ve treated me like these past few days.What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing.If you complain about the way I treat you why don’t you just go back to the place you came from?”

“What are you trying to …”

“Nothing;just a friendly advice.”

“That’s not friendly,that’s mean.You’re not friendly to me anymore.”

There was a little pause in Jongin’s actions.The corners of his lips turned upwards in a full smile and afterwards he just walked off.

“He just walked off” Luhan’s inner voice spitted out on an incredulous tone.

What was that?He barely registered all the things Jongin said but he was now amazingly bitter.

 

 

Even though they didn’t talk much anymore they still stick together at lunch break and such.Kyungsoo sensed  there was something odd between them but he knew he couldn’t do much even if he wanted to.He let them be and savouring his pork in silence.Today,Jongin was busy more than any other day texting.He wondered if it was with Sehun.But then he saw Sehun 3 tables away with no phone in his hands,just his chopsticks,so it couldn’t be him.

 

 

It became a habit.They would always meet at the Biology Laboratory everyday at 6.Sehun would be there a few minutes sooner,quickly followed by Luhan.They would feed the fish and then they would talk endlessly or  listen to music sharing Sehun’s white headphones while sitting on the ground ,hidden by a cabinet.Luhan learned that Sehun loved animals and he also wanted to become a marine biologist.He was more like a cat person,his favorite color was purple and he he didn’t really have any close friends besides Kyungsoo and a kid Chen Luhan didn’t know.He was more like the reserved type even though he was popular.Luhan was okay with that.He was reserved himself.

They clicked oddly well together.They didn’t really have much in common but their personalities were pretty alike,both demure and cheeky.

One day the laboratory was locked.Luhan was about to call Sehun and ask him what’s up when the  younger showed up from behind and scared him to death ,grasping his waist wholeheartedly.He then took the honey blond’s hand and told him he’ll show him something cool.Half an hour later they were at ,according to the placard, HyeJae’s Aquatic Park.It was full of annoying kids holding onto their mothers sleeves,lights and cheerfulness.Sehun especially wanted to show him the big aquarium underground.

Holding their hands even thighter  they  descended a large stairway ,being greeted by a long blue carpeted hallway.Luhan’s eyes moved left-right-up and all they could see was water ; water and fish imprisoned by solid  translucent windows.He mesmerized ,he felt like being underwater,in the middle of Pacific Ocean or something.

He approached and raised his frail hand,attached his chalky skin to the glass and smiled as a small dolphin rubbed his nose on that spot where his palm was placed.His smile enlarged as the creature let out noises that sounded like chuckles and Sehun watched the older lovingly the whole time smiling to himself too.

“That jellyfish is stunning!and whoa I’ve never seen an octopus live.”

“That’s technically a squid,not an octopus.”

“What’s the difference?”

“There are many differences:the diet,the lifespan,the kingdom…”

“Oh.” Luhan thought for a second “That’s how it should feel like.As a marine biologist,you will have to dive into considerable depth and be surrounded by water all of these animals and…Aren’t you afraid?”

“No.”

“What if run of out of oxygen?”

“That won’t happen.” Sehun chuckled kindly reassuring the blond.In his eyes,there was warmth and a secret ingredient, that Luhan couldn’t put his finger on, that made him feel secure and steady.It must have been the laziness in his eyelashes when blinking, the dark brown in his iris.

They bought cotton candy on their way to the dorm and got messy and sticky trying to eat it.They laughed at each other and when Sehun kissed him ,Luhan couldn’t remember the last time he felt so good.It was short and chaotic and it took his breath away that all could he say anymore was a whispered goodnight when they parted at Luhan’s door.

“You look like a wet dog.” Jongin jumped out of his bed once the blond was inside.

“Yeah,it happens when you forget to bring an umbrella.It smells like burnt...Have you cooked?” Luhan frown,throwing his soaked jacket on a futon.Jongin opened his mouth to respond but instead he stopped and crumpled his eyebrows judging Luhan’s face and rubbing a finger down his face throwing him a disgusted look.

“What’s on your face ,why are you all muddy?”

“Damn.”

After washing his face, Luhan ate together with Jongin quietly at the small round they owned in that dorm room of theirs as the older pretended to enjoy the overcooked meet just because he wasn’t the type to hurt  anyone’s feelings.

Looking at Jongin his mind suddenly slipped away ,scattered in million different shapes as his hear went gloomy.

“Jongin-ah.” His voice was careful and small.Jongin raised his eyes at him.

“Do you still see…or um…hang out with Sehun?”

“Of course.Why’d you ask?”

Luhan shook his head receiving skeptical look from the other boy.

“Just…asking.”

“Mhm.Have more Gochujang.”

 

 

Two knocks on the door –that was strange.Who could be?Neither Kyungsoo or Jongin knocks on the door,they simplily enter.Luhan got up left his comfortable spot on the sofa to see who is it.

Chestnut hair, chocolate eyes and a lingering smile resting on his pale lips.

“Luhan.”

“Sehun,what is it?” Luhan let out a breath,furrowing his eyebrows.The younger appeared slightly offended by that.

“I just wanted to spend some time with hyung…but you don’t look very glad to see me.”

“Eh?I— no.I’m sorry,that’s not it…Come in.Make yourself comfortable”

Sehun did as told and entered,walked past Luhan carefully, with his hands behind his back and Luhan didn’t notice.He was too busy ,absolutely not looking at him and very slowly closing and locking the door. His palmed the door knob,facing the carmine flat surface for a few more seconds not wanting to turn around yet.He didn’t know why he felt that strange, as if he couldn’t face Sehun more than five seconds in a row.Maybe it was the kiss from the previous that made him act like that,the fact that they didn’t talk about it yet and he now didn’t know how to  correctly behave around the teenager.

When he finally turned around ,he welcomed with fugitive kiss and a white bouquet shoved in his face.

Wait what.

“I bought you flowers.” Sehun slowly explained. “I also bought you chocolate.Is it too cheesy?”

Oh.

“Yeah.” Luhan giggled softly “But I like it.No one has ever bought me flowers or chocolate before.”

“I’m honoured to be the first one then.”

“What’s that?”

Luhan pointed to a red bag Sehun was holding.The other shrugged.

“A gift but you have to wait until midnight.”

“Why is that so?”

“Because I said so.You’re supposed to wait until then.”

The blond muttered a “fine” and put the flowers in a vase and the chocolate box on the table while Sehun was looking around.Then Sehun stopped and Luhan walked in front of him and smiled.

“What?”

“You’re so tall.”

“And you’re short.”

Luhan frown.

“But short people go well together. Don’t they.” Sehun added and Luhan’s face  softened.

“By that you mean you and me?”

“Yeah.”

“So … what do you wanna do now?We have almost two hours until midnight.”

“Let’s watch tv.”

“Sure.I’ll grab some snacks.”

Luhan settled down on  the couch next to Sehun.For the next half an hour they watched half of an episode of a drama ,then they got bored because it was too clicheic and the TV remained on ,only to fill the background while they busy talking about the most random topics.They laughed a lot and had a small fight ,using the snacks as weapons.It was mainly Sehun’s fault, he playfully initiated it and Luhan couldn’t believe he played along.Sehun was not the kind of person Luhan would have imagined he’d be together with. Luhan would have imagined that he’d end up with someone older,someone more dependable and promising..

Instead, Sehun was immature and dependant.But he liked the childness in him...and the gentleness and the genuineness.

They laughed some more  lightly and the time passed quickly.

It was 11:47.It was almost midnight now and Luhan decided to ask again what’s inside the red bag.

“Well,what date is today?”

“February 18th,why?”

“You said the Chinese New Year is celebrated on 19th this year,isn’t?”

“…yes.”

“Come with me.”

Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and the red bag and went straight to the balcony.He pulled out of the bag –

“Fireworks?”

“I…Are you serious?”

“Why not?Skyrockets;easy to use,pleasant to watch.”

And Sehun lighted them up, launched each of them at the difference of a few seconds.The sky was now stained in light and colors : blue,pink,red,violet and yellow and Luhan had a smile plastered on his face,as his ears were clogged with noise.From inside the magic red bag ,Sehun also pulled out a bottle of Baijiu and 2 glasses.He didn’t question it but drink it,enjoying the fiery taste of alcohol on his tongue ,and later on,the taster of Sehun’s tongue on his own.

“I just wanted to bring you a little piece of home.Happy Lunar Year, Xiaolu.Wo ai shang le ni.”

They kissed slowly and passionately till the sky was dark and silent again,maybe even longer than that.They held onto each other forcefully,especially Luhan.He was happy.He’s never been happy.He’s never experienced such a strong feeling ;it made his movements more desperate and rushed.His palms kept trembling while clenching Sehun’s shirt.His eyes were teary.However,he was happy.

Sehun his lips while one of his hands found their way in that soft honey blond hair.Luhan opened his eyes  slowly and hummed,letting the other know he was listening.

“I don’t fool around with Jongin behind your back.”

The  blond unburied his face from Sehun’s skinny schest and looked up at him, a little confused and a little released.

“Huh?”

“You thought so,didn’t you?Actually, he is after me not vice versa.”

“Why would Jongin—?”

“What do you mean why?Aren’t I cute?” Sehun laughed.

“Hey,you know what I mean.”

“I don’t know either,that’s strange.”


“He’s been… strange lately.”

 

 

 

It was the end of february and the jewel in Jongin’s garage shone brighter than the snow outside.

“Oh my God.Are you rich or something?Because not everbody affords a Ducati Monster 696 okay?I’m not okay.This is unbelieveable.I thought you were joking.”

Jongin laughed.Sehun could just stare.

“I had saved money since I was 16 to afford it.I’m definitely not rich.Wanna take a ride?”

 

 

The wheels have walked them through half of Seoul .They made a stop to fill with engine with diesel  and the station happened to be right next to Jongin’s dear Willow’s café so they decided to fill their stomachs too.

“What do you want?I pay.”

“Whoa ,In this case ,a motorcycle.”

“Ha.No, let me rephrase it for you.What would you like to drink slash eat?”

“You forgot about the part about you paying.But fine, let me see…I’ll take whatever you take.”

Later on when Sehun excused himself to go to bathroom Jongin catched a glace of something familiar inside his slightly open backpack.He subtly opened it wider seeing a colorful cube. He smirked ironically and almost got caught up when Sehun came back(a little too fast).

When they left Willow’s café it was already dim outside; the sky was grey ,the fog was dense.Their walking rhythm was lazy and Jongin outburst ,on a scary and dark voice and low tone however,and Sehun froze.

“I won’t allow you hurt Luhan.”

“Why would I hurt Luhan?I love him.”

“That didn’t stop you before.”

“I do not get you.”

“Oh you’re one of those.”

“Those?”

“Those who should get a Grammy for their accurate acting skills.I wonder ,why do you still hang around science laboratories when you would have been better off as an actor.Do you believe yourself the stories you sell to Luhan.He thinks you’re a good man,isn’t?”

Sehun was silenced.

Jongin smirked.

“Hop up!” The black haired boy said,climbing on the motorbike.

“No thank you,I’m gonna go by foot.” Sehun replied on sharp tone.

“The way to the dorm is pretty long you know.”

“I know.Why don’t you just get going then?Don’t waste any time and leave me alone.Don’t bother me anymore.”

“Fine.Whatever.”

When Sehun left his sight, he pulled out his phone and searched Luhan’s name in the agend.He pressed ‘message’.

 

To:Lu Han

From: Jongin

Received at: 2015-02-27, 18:34

don’t leave the dorm; i gotta talk to you

 

From:Lu Han

To:Jongin

Received at: 2015-02-27, 18:36

about…?

 

To:Lu Han

From:Jongin

Received at: 2015-02-27, 18:37

about a lot.about sehun.it’s him.

Luhan didn’t really understand what Jongin meant by “It’s him.”He shrugged and threw his handphone aside,pouting.

 

 

It happened in a glimpse.The road turned into a pool of blood and brain.The police arrived as soon as possible ,followed by an ambulance but the paramedics couldn’t do anything anymore.He was gone already.

Luhan,together with Sehun and Kyungsoo took a taxi and headed to the place of the accident.Luhan has been crying since he heared the news.He couldn’t stop.At least the hiccups stopped due to the gentle Sehun applied on his back.

There,his eyes met Baekhyun’s worried ones.

“Hyung” he sighed “I gotta tell you something.”

“It’s my fault.” Luhan sobbed.

“No it’s not.But Luhan,listen.It was not an accident.”

“What?”

“Someone completely cut off  the break lines.That’s why Jongin couldn’t stop the motorcycle,lost control and hit that tree.It’s not a crash.It’s a murder.Hyung,listen.We’re taking you back.It’s too dangerous to continue the mission by yourself now.Black Widow knows who you really  are,as well as she or he knew who Jongin was..”

“No!”

“What are you saying …no?”

“Do you want me to give up on this case?”

“Hell, yes!”

“After Jongin died?”

“So?He’s not the first one nor the last, let’s be realistic for God’s sake!”

Luhan raised his eyebrows and whispered.

“It’s Jongin…”

“Luhan.”

“Jongin was murdered and now you’re telling me that I should stop trying to catch the criminal and…just give up?Aren’t you angry?Aren’t you sad?Aren’t you revolted?Don’t you feel…it’s unfair?Because I feel disgusted ,it makes me frustrated.I do feel  it’s unfair!Why did this have to happen to Jongin?”

Luhan was a sobbing mess now-he was yelling and crying like a baby.

“Don’t be a fool,you will only get hurt.”

“I don’t care!And I don’t care who they are.I will find this criminal and I will make them pay!”

 

 

Luhan didn’t listen.He went back to Mahna as a student.

Kyungsoo  cooked for him and Sehun tried to cheer him up cracking jokes or making stupid faces.It didn’t work.He asked them to stop bothering him for a while.

All Luhan could do anymore was to stare in space.Jongin was gone in reality but alive and clear his mind.He looked at his phone and read his last words he exchanged with him.

To:Lu Han

From:Jongin

Received at: 2015-02-27, 18:37

about a lot.about sehun.it’s him

 

He still didn’t understand.His throat clenched.He felt like crying again ,knowing he won’t be able anymore know what Jongin wanted to talk about with him or what that message meant.

“Hey.” Luhan greeted Sehun once he entered the biology laboratory.He sat on the edge of the table on which was placed the aquarium,watching Sehun feeding the fish.

Sehun asked him if he wanted to feed them too .Without any words,Luhan took the plastic container and sprinkled food above the water.The little creatures began swimming towards it happily and for a moment,the blond smiled tiredly.When he looked back at Sehun he saw that he was in deep thought…or rather sad? Why would Sehun be sad?Maybe that’s not the right word.But there was a weird air around him for sure.His lips formed a straight line,his eyelashes were heavy.He looked like a kid who did something bad like breaking a plate or getting a bad grade at school and now guilt was consuming him.

Later that day they they were walking through the park when suddenly Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and interlaced their fingers asking what was his favorite place.

“Favorite place?” Luhan wondered. “Home.” He answered.Sehun laughed and asked him to think of something a little closer than Beijing.He promised he will take him there so his bitterness will vanish a little.The blond blushed.

It didn’t surprise Sehun to find out the next best thing was Willow’s café which he visited with Jongin some time ago,yet he felt anxious going back there.

They chose a table and ordered food and drinks and while they were chatting,Sehun’s eyes met the eyes of the owner of the cafe.He threw him a sharp look.His intimidations were succesful because the man shivered and ran away from his sight.

 

 

„Sehun dissapeared.”

Luhan realized.

„Oh ,i’m pretty sure he was eaten by that fat fish over there.”

„Eh?!”

Sehun laughed.

„I haven’t been here in a week,what were you expecting?it happened before when I forgot to feed them for  like 4-5 days.Marco ate Cici ,a pygmy corydoras.Rip Cici.”

„Suddenly,your fish is scaring me.How cruel.And I thought the fatty and Sehun were friends.” Luhan let out a loud laugh.Sehun shrugged nonchalantly while cleaning the aquarium carefully.

„Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”

„So you can use them both as food.”

„Exactly.”

 

 

 

„I want to make a delcaration.”

Sam Willo said.Baekhyun and Yixing exchanged confused looks.

„Ummm we’re here just to buy coffee and donuts.”

Yixing elbowed his dumb friend and nodded.

Willow continued.

„It has to do with Jongin.I think I saw who cut his motorcycle’s breaks.”

„Come with us.”

 

 

Luhan looked around Jongin’s desk.It was empty.He was nostalgic.

His colleagues in the office gave him pityful looks.

Baekhyun approached him and said:

„Hi,Luhan.How are you feeling?”

The blond shrruged „Wretched yet better.I sit in Jongin’s chair and I still can’t believe he is gone.”

„Neither I do.Look...I’m sorry.I was inconsiderate.Jongin was your bestfriend.Jongin was also my friend.I was just afraid i’ll lose you too hyung.I know I shouldn’t have used such harsh words but I still mean it.You shouldn’t go on with this case.”

„None of your words could turn me around now.”

„I thought so.In this case, you’ll need this.”

Baekhyun shove a paper in Luhan’s face which he took reluctantly and scanned it quickly.

 

 

„I want to break up.”

„What?”

The smile on Sehun’s face faded like flower in slow motion.Something inside him broke and his eyes suddenly flashed. On a small voice,he let out a pityful sound.

„Hyung.”

His voice begged.His voice was disperate.Luhan could hardly confront him.

„I’m sorry.”

„But why?”

„It’s just that...I fell for Kyungsoo.I’m sorry.”

With that,the older left.Sehun remained ,silent and confused.He looked around the park.So many happy faces and he hated all of them now.He hated that silly joy unless it was plastered on his face.Or lately,Luhan’s face.But now Luhan was gone.He left in a blink and the boy couldn’t understand what went wrong.Then he recalled: „Kyungsoo.”

 

 

„Let’s watch The face reader.”

„Let’s buy Cola and homerunball and kkokkalcorn for it.”

„Let’s do this yeah-and fondants!”

„Anything unheakthy but tasty.

„Haha!7 o’clock at my room?”

„I’ll be there.”

Sehun heared them making plans.He stalked them the whole morning.He was mad.He was jealous but especially mad.How could Luhan do this to him?Did he deserve it?No.

He spent the rest of the day at the library.Not reading but thinking of how much he hated Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was supposed to be his friend.He felt bad for himself but even worse for him.

It was 7’oclock and he saw Luhan entering Kyungsoo’s room,as predicted.He then waited.He counted.A movie would normally last about 2-2 and a half hours.He waited more than that.At  10:30 the door opened ,revealing Luhan.As soon as he was gone Kyungsoo closed the door and locked it.It seemed like his actions were useless,he had to unlock it and open it again for whoever was knocking now at it.

„Sehun?”

„Hi.”Sehun didn’t even bother to fake a smile.

„May  help you?”

„I am here to...talk to you about Luhan.”

„Oh really?What a coincidence.”The black haired boy stated firmly. „He just left.Do you want something to drink?”

„No.”

„Anything to eat.”

No reply.

„Fine,Sehun.What do we have to discuss about Luhan?”

„We broke up.”

„Wow.” Kyungsoo faked a surprised answered.

„You know why?”

„Why?”

„You.”

„I’ve heared something.” Kyungsoo smirked while Sehun followed and did tthe same in a incitant way.

„Interesting.”

„Well, I guess, this is life.There are winners and there are losers.”

„Do you condier me a loser ,Do Kyung Soo?”

„If the prize’s Luhan,then yes.”

„If the prize’s is your life-” Kyungsoo saw Sehun pulling put something from his coat.He recognized its form,it was a gun.He gulped „-then no.”

The lights went out.The was the signal boost. He took advantage of his Sehun’s perplexity and pushed him back,causing him to fall.The gun shoot in the roof.He ran and ran.He was out in the street  when he looked behind and saw the other boy running after him.He had to run just a little bit more....just a little...just a little....phase number one passed.He was save.

Yet,Sehun kept running after Kyungsoo.He thought he’s lost for a second but then  he reappeared from behind a corner..He shoot but failed once again.At some point,Kyungsoo tripped.He took the chance and grabbed the smaller by his collar.Unexpectedly, he was forcefully hit in the cheek and fell down.The gun flew out of his hands and Kyungsoo( who Sehun suddenly started doubting it was Kyungsoo judging by his tenacity)took it and point it at him.The hood of his burgundy sweater fell over his face making it hard to distinguish his features.

“So it really was you.” Sehun’s breathe hitched.That was not Kyungsoo.That was Luhan,dressed as Kyungsoo,almost in tears.

‘’You two set me a trap...”he said to himself.Luhan voice was heared again.

“And you know what’s sad?” the tears came “I really thought you were a good person.I don’t recognize you.You are supposed to be Sehun – the genuine, kind,gentle boy i fell in love with.But you’re not.You are a murderer.And you killed Jongin.”

„Jongin” Sehun let out a diabolic laugh ” – it’s all his fault.I tried to stop this, Luhan.For you.But then Jongin stepped in the way.He suspected me from almost the beginning and he tried to make you go home, distance you from myself.I wanted us to be happy but he wanted me behind bars.”

„He was trying to protect me.” Luhan barely whispered  realizing the reason behind Jongin’s bad behavior towards him.

„What a same.His plans didn’t succed,you didn’t left.and he thought telling you everything, But even so,you wouldn’t have believed him,isn’t it?

Luhan remained silent.Sehun was about to tell him to pull the trigger when he felt someone grabbing him forcefully. And the next thing he knew was that he wa handcuffed and thrown in a police car.He was taken away from Luhan.

Luhan couldn’t see the car anymore.Baekhyun and Kyungsoo rushed to him with a worried expressions on their faces.

„Are you okay?”

„Are you hurt?”

„I’m fine.”

 

 

„He refuses to talk to anyone else but Luhan.” An agent said.Baekhyun clicked his tongue.

„Luhan is on a break,he worked enough and he’s tired.”

„Were you guys talking about me?”

„Luhan-hyung,what are you doing here !?You should rest,we got this.” Luhan ignored Baekhyun though and turned to Zhang Yixing.

„We’re trying to make him confess all of his crimes.But he won’t speak.”

The honey blond looked through the thick glass that separated him and the rest of the agents from Sehun.The  younger was motionless.

„Give me the recorder.”Luhan told Yixing.Despite Baekhyun’s complaints,he entered „the box”.He stopped at the door.Something was off and Sehun catched it.When he turned his head,he saw the blond standing there.He watched him getting closer and sitting in front of him and hitting recorder’s “play”button.

“Sehun.” Luhan said gently – gentler than he wanted to sound.All of Sehun’s attention was now his.

“Let’s end this quickly,shall we?”

Sehun nodded.

“Oh Sehun, it’s true you killed the following people: Kim Seokjin,Lee Jihoon,Kang Wonshin,Park Hajoon,Kim Myungsoo,Shin Woohyun,Lee Youngjae and Kim Jongin?”

Sehun had that pityful look again.He hestitated a little but answered in all honesty: “Yes.”

The other side of the window was astonished.They spent 3 hours trying to get a few words from Sehun.Luhan made him cofess in a second.

“Why?” The blond seemed disappointed.Sehun rolled his eyes then his face became blank. “For fun.” He said simply “What ,don’t you believe me?”

Luhan shook his head.

“Naive.It’s true.Some people have reasons to be mean ,while others are just mean.I guess I’m just mean.”

The room was drown in thick silence ; the recorder kept going for a while.

Click.

Luhan pressed the “stop” button.His chair cracked as he got up.

“Despite everything, I still think you’re good at heart.”

Sehun was not reasonless.Sehun was not mean by nature, Luhan was sure.Even if the dark haired boy  said  so ,he still couldn’t believe it.There  must’ve been a lot of sadness and vengeance inside of him that pushed him into hurting others,so most likely ,he had a reason that maybe he will never find out.

“Luhan.”

Sehun got up when Luhan was about to leave the room.

“Can I ask you for one last thing?”

“What is it?”

“Kiss me.”

Luhan heared Baekhyun screaming through the glass to leave already.

“This might be the last kiss we’ll ever share.” Sehun added.

The blond gulped.He sighed then whispered “fine.”.Since he didn’t move a muscle, Sehun took the initiative and walked to him under the tense monitoring of the other police agents.

He cupped Luhan’s cheeks,who closed his eyes and let him do whatever.Their lips brushed ,sending electricity through their both bodies.The kiss became humid and warm, slowly escalating into a hungry ,messy one.With a last bite on Luhan’s bottom lip, Sehun enclosed his show.One of his hands rested a few more moments on his cheeks and he let go and the blond opened his eyes.His mouth was swollen now.

The dark haired boy pulled out of his pocket the Rubik’s Cube Luhan gave him a few month ago.It was solved. Their last exchanged look was hurt

ful and tired.

Luhan left the interogation room.

Yixing and Baekhyun threw him worried looks.

Then blond simply said „Case closed.”

 

 

„Lu, my son.” Willow greeted.

„Hey.”

„Might I help you with something?”

„It’s weird.”

„What?”

„It’s weird coming here without Jongin.It feels like something is missing.I feel like a child that just lost his first milk tooth and  now there was an empty spot inside his mouth that retained him from smiling.”

„Would you like to order anything?” Willow chuckled empathically.Luhan smiled.

„Black coffe,No sugar,please.”

 

 

 

-------------

A/N:huh it's over!? please tell me what do you think about it lol and thanks for reading