02

Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fact that Mr. Im didn't show to Jongsuk's funeral didn't surprise Yifan, it didn't surprise him either that Jongsuk's and Jinah's older brother stayed for less than 15 minutes to bow at Jongsuk and left in a hurry after. He was surprised though to see Jinah with the same expression as when he had dropped her off, her eyes void of any emotion as she simply stared at the coffin in silence.

 

Yifan couldn't stand seeing her standing up there alone any longer, she looked like fresh meat on display, ready to be ripped apart by the elites at the service. He made his way next to her, gently nudging his shoulder against hers. She turned to him, her eyes looking extremely sad despite the rest of her face looking cold and distant. A creak was heard, along with an announcement that they were closing the coffin.


“Wait! Please.” Jinah took a step closer to the coffin, choking back a sob as she sank down to her knees, the tears she's been holding in coming out in a rush, her cheeks completely soaked as she began to cry. Yifan watched sadly as her shoulders shook, biting on his lower lip to keep in his own tears at bay. Jinah began to mutter quietly to herself, shaking her head as her whole body trembled. “... oppa please come back.”

 

Yifan knelt down next to her, wrapping his arms around her before pulling her into a tight embrace. For once Yifan didn't care that his designer shirt was getting ruined, or that his cold persona was being tarnished, because the only thing that mattered at the moment was Jinah. Yifan blinked in surprise once he felt Jinah's arms wrapping around him, her face digging into his chest as she continued to cry. They stayed like that until everyone else decided to leave, deciding that it wasn't worth the wait to give their sympathy.

 

“I'm sorry.” Jinah whispered as she pulled away, eyes red and puffy as she stared at the mess she left on his shirt.

 

“You don't have to be sorry, it's okay.” Yifan smiled softly, using his thumb to brush away the remaining tears on her cheek.

 

– – – – –

 

It was the following Monday morning when Yifan stopped in front of the Im household that he realized he wasn't supposed to be there, there was no Jongsuk to pick up so why was he there? It was too late to leave though when Jinah came out from the front doors, tilting her head to the side as she arched a brow at him. Offering her a smile, he rolled down his window.

 

“I thought maybe you'd want to ride with me today?” He asked. Jinah glanced towards the limo parked not that far off from where he was parked before she slowly nodded her head, getting into the car.

 

“Thanks Yifan oppa,” she said while strapping herself in. Yifan tried to calm the beating of his heart at the words. He was now an oppa to her. Smiling to himself he started to drive.

 

Parking the car, Yifan rushed to open the door for Jinah. Grinning as she smiled at him. Jinah slug her backpack over her shoulder, gripping at the strap.

“Hey fiancèe,” a male voice said from behind Yifan, confused Yifan turned around.

 

“Excuse me?” Yifan asked Kyuhyun, one of the guys from his grade.

 

“Not you Yifan, the one behind you,” the other replied, rolling his eyes. Jinah furrowed her brows together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter