Anonymous 1

I'll Be Your Listener | Advice Column
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anonymous: Um well, I can say that my life's pretty ed up and mixed. Everything was so fine last year and it just dramatically changed this year. No one ever told me life was this hard. Well I'm pretty much fine about my parents divorcing since basically my dad was rarely home so I'm pretty much used to it but its just that after it happened , things got worse. It's just so hard on me that I can't be the one my mom expected me to be. I am not smart. I am not pretty. I am not diligent. I am not a good kid. I am nothing but her bane. I am hopeless. Everything I do is wrong. Everything. And then I have all the sort of problems at school again, I dont know why but most of my friends are kind of distancing from me. I dont seek for attention; I just don't wanna feel ignored. Well I pretty much know the reason why, well before I was depressed and all that stuff , I'm like this hyper happy bubbly kid and now Im' this moody jerk and people just hate the gloomy and moody vibe I bring. Well it's like whenever I'm on a sort of good mood people come to me and whenever I'm not, they all disappeared and no one's beside me at all.

The result of that, I started to act happy like nothing has ever happened to me and yeah guess what? People came back to me and yet I was not happy at all, I ended up hurting myself more. I ended up cutting every night. I just can't help it , I don't know where to let out my feelings anymore so I cut. I know my body can't accept this any longer. each and every day people who noticed my scars looked at it with disgust and asked me what the hell is wrong with me or told me i was insane but what more can i do?

Cutting. The more i cut, the more I'm depressed, the more anxiety fills me up. Right now, It's not because I'm so sensitive that I cut over small issues but it's just that those small issues has finally filled up my limit gauge and I can like seriously fall off the edge any sooner. I felt like the world is a lie , I felt like my presence is no longer needed in this world. And here I am today, feeling no emotions at all. Feeling lifeless. I'm not sad and yet I'm not happy. I'm somewhere stuck in the middle and that's just the worst thing I felt , it's like I can't even feel any emotion or my own heart right now. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere and thought I need a little bit of saving. So well yeah, I guess thats all. Sorry for taking up your time.

Firstly, I truly am sorry about your parents' divorce and I'm sorry that there's nothing I can do to help with that 

Secondly, don't think of yourself that way. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are smart. Maybe you haven't been getting impressive scores for your studies but that doesn't mean you're not smart. You are pretty. Maybe you aren't as pretty as all those popular girls out there but that doesn't mean you're not pretty. Everyone is unique in their own way and I'm sure you are too. There's always this quote that I live by and though this might be off topic, I just thought I'd share this quote with you should you feel insecure about your looks in any way. And I quote, 'Beauty is only skin deep. I think what's really important is finding the balance of mind, body and spirit.' You are diligent. My dear, you are not your mother's bane. You're not hopeless. Don't ever think so low about yourself. If you think such negative things about yourself, you'll only believe in them more. If your mother says such things about you, (not implying that she does), then don't believe those words. 

My advice to you is to try having a heart-to-heart talk with your mum. Let her know how you feel. Let her know what's been hurting you. If you don't tell her of your true feelings, how else would she know? Of course; they say that mothers know everything and though that might be true, mothers don't always know everything. Don't bottle everything up because you're only eat yourself up. Don't hold everything back. If you're afraid to talk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter