1/2

Something Is Wrong

“Myungsoo is avoiding me…”

Woohyun stares at Sungyeol with the most nonchalant look he can express as an individual called Nam Woohyun. He holds a strawberry milk carton on his right hand while he put the straw in between his teeth (he likes the cool atmosphere he radiates when he does that, something that Sungyeol always snorts of).

“I see no difference.” He comments lamely. How Sungyeol really wants to shove the entire milk carton onto his mouth—except he didn’t, because he doesn’t want to get into trouble in the library, the only place he can feel at ease.

“How can you not see it??” Sungyeol groans, banging his head on the library table. It’s quite hard, and he kinda regrets it since his forehead is throbbing painfully now.

“Well…” Woohyun slurps on his milk (it’s amazing, really, how he can convince the librarian to let him eat and drink in the library. Guess Woohyun’s charm also works on middle age woman). “He still clings on you. If he’s avoiding you, he won’t stick to your back, right?”

Sungyeol raises his head. “He doesn’t sniff me anymore. And even when he back-hugs me, he won’t linger for too long. He clings less than usual…” he sniffs miserably. It was true, Myungsoo does cling less than usual with him. It has been around two weeks, right after he could attend class again after he got a severe cold (and believe it or not, Sungyeol really DID catch the cold from Myungsoo). If normal people see it, they will only see a koala hanging around his tree when they see Sungyeol and Myungsoo. But Sungyeol, he can feels it clearly, the way Myungsoo clings less and less with him. Heck, the younger rarely sniffs him again and if he does sniff him, it’s only for a few second and he will let go to continue his own business.

Woohyun arches an eyebrow. “Really? I see no difference,” he slurps his milk again (Sungyeol starts to despise that milk) before pointing a finger towards him. “Maybe you’re delusional.”

Sungyeol slams the table impatiently (he regrets this too, since his hand also throb painfully now). “Please, Nam. I practically lived for almost 22 years with that dork. I know all about his antics and I won’t ing around like this if nothing’s wrong with him! People can’t see it, but I definitely CAN feel it! He’s been clinging to me all this time—even when we were going to the bathroom! And he clings LESS with me now! Even he clings to Sungjong more often!” his breath is raging the time he finished his sentence. The librarian glares at him, clearly telling him to be quiet in the library. S’not like he cares though; his best friend is avoiding him for God’s sake, a mad librarian is the last thing he cares on his list.

“I don’t need the details about you and Myungsoo love story, but yeah…” Woohyun finally decides to be a good listener and put down his milk (though the damn straw is still stuck between his teeth). “Now that you mention it, he clings to Sungjong a lot more often than before.” His eyes widen in the way when something click inside his brain. “Maybe he likes him?”

BANG!!

“God, Yeol, you’re alright!?”

Woohyun immediately stand and put a hand on Sungyeol’s shoulder, who just banged his forehead on the table—again—harder than before.

“Damn, it hurts…” Sungyeol mutters while lifting his head slowly. His hand caressing his reddened forehead softly, silently cursing how could he be so stupid. Woohyun already back on his seat, his face a funny mix between amuse and pity (Sungyeol knows his friend is trying his best to hold back his laugh and he really appreciates that). He leans closer to Woohyun so his whisper can be heard by no one other than him. “You think he likes Sungjong?”

“Well, why not?” Woohyun shrugs before he also leans nearer Sungyeol. “If he avoids you and clings more to Sungjong… it can only mean one thing; he likes Sungjong and want to spend more time with him, not with you.”

Sungyeol leans back on his chair and groans in defeat. “It sounds like he just throws me away after he used me as his tree all this time…” he whines pathetically. The thought of Myungsoo avoiding him because of someone else is making his head hurts more. So he put his hand on his face, trying to block the disturbing image of Myungsoo with (black) devil horn and tail holding a (black) Death Note while whispering something that sounds like ‘You go die, I will live forever with Sungjong~’.

“You can say it like that. But really, I don’t think he’s avoiding you…” Woohyun leans on his own chair and arches an eyebrow. He’s fluent in Sungyeol’s language so without him even trying he can guess what’s inside his friend mind now.

“Not avoiding me. I mean, not yet. He just clings less than usual…” Sungyeol mutters, hands still blocking his vision.

“Hmm…” Woohyun slurps down on his milk (again). The sound of something creak that can only mean someone opens the library door diverts his attention. His eyes shine brightly when he notices the person who just entered the library.

“Let just ask the person right away~ ya, Myungsoo! Have you been avoiding Sungyeol for about two weeks!?”

Sungyeol throws his hand on the air (makes him almost fall from his chair on the process) and quickly turns his head towards the person who stands frozen on the library door—which, unfortunately, is Myungsoo.

The poor boy eyes widen in shock, his right hand is on the door frame while his other hand holding a book close to his chest. He doesn’t move a bit and that makes Sungyeol worry; knowing him, Myungsoo can already be in a different dimension that the rest of them.

The librarian clears and that snaps Myungsoo out from his trance. “I’m…” he stutters. Sungyeol notes in horror that Myungsoo is backing out slowly. “I’m not avoiding him!!!” he yelled before he run away from the library, successfully making all other students lift their eyebrows in confusion.

There’s silence for a while.

Sungyeol glares at Woohyun with the best killer glare he can throw (which unfortunately isn’t that lethal). “Great job, Nam! Now he will really AVOIDS me!”

“Hey, it’s not my fault! I just want to clear up some things!” Woohyun spat back. Some of the milk from his mouth landed on the table below him.

“Now you got your answer!” Sungyeol bangs his forehead HARDER in pure frustration. “… now what am I suppose to do…?”

Woohyun stares at Sungyeol in sympathy (clearly doesn’t care about the fact Myungsoo ran because of his question). His eyes widen in surprise when he saw something on the surface near Sungyeol’s head. “Yeol.” He calls, calmly.

“What?” Sungyeol snaps.

“Your forehead is bleeding.”

 

~~~

 

“So, will you come, hyung?”

Dongwoo is the type of person who people think is innocent, bright and a pure ball of sunshine. Despite that statement being true, Sunggyu always thinks that Dongwoo is dangerous. Why is that? Because once you look through his eyes, you know damn well that you can’t say ‘no’ to this guy. And Dongwoo knows this fact very well; the reason why he put on his best puppy-eyes while staring through the older one.

Sunggyu sighs before ruffling his hair and smile gently. “I will. It’s your performance after all.”

“Aww, thanks~ you really love me, aren’t you??” Dongwoo giggles, successfully earning him a playful smack on his back from him (Dongwoo only laughs though, since he knows Sunggyu won’t hit him seriously because he loves him too much). He stops laughing when he notices someone familiar stands not too far from their position.

“Hey, isn’t that Myungsoo?”

Sunggyu turns his attention towards the person that Dongwoo pointed. It’s too far for his eyesight to see, so he squint his eyes to see the silhouette clearer (thankfully his eyesight is not as bad as Howon, or else he’d end up seeing nothing at this range). “What’s that kid doing over there?”

Dongwoo only shrugs beside him. “Beats me. It’s Myungsoo after all. He can hold a talk show with alien without us knowing.” Sunggyu throws him an are-you-serious look; Dongwoo throws him an innocent smile and we know who backed up first in this argument.

“Hey, Myung,”

Sunggyu’s voice snaps Myungsoo out from his daze state. He turns towards them with a blank expression on his face. “Ah, Sunggyu hyung… Dongwoo hyung…”

“What’s with you?” Sunggyu arches an eyebrow curiously, but knowing Myungsoo he won’t tell him if something bothering his mind even if he asked (except if he sick and if it’s involving a certain individual called Lee Sungyeol). “Never mind. Anyway, did you see Sungyeol?” his question make Myungsoo freezes, but he doesn’t notice. On the other hand, Dongwoo seems to notice (sometimes he’s more sensitive about thing like this than Sunggyu). “I borrowed his CD and I want to return it but the damn kid is nowhere to be seen. So I thought as his best friend, you’d—“

Sunggyu stops talking once he notices Myungsoo’s face is as red as a boiled crab. It looks like the younger will pass out anytime soon without any logical reason.

“M-Myungsoo??” he calls, slowly reaching out to make sure Myungsoo is still conscious.

Sunggyu’s hand on his forearm seems to snap Myungsoo out from his trance. “He…” he stutters, slowly backing away from his hyung(s) reach. “He’s in the library!!!” he yelled before he finally run towards somewhere that only God knows where.

There’s silence for a while.

“What the…?” Sunggyu mutters in pure confusion.

“Is he okay??” Dongwoo asks worriedly, his mother instinct immediately shown on the surface. “Did he hit his head or something?”

Sunggyu scratches his head. “Geez, what a weird kid…” he sighs and continues his walk towards Sungyeol whereabouts.

The library is silent except for the two individuals who engage in a certain staring contest. One is an individual called Kim Sunggyu (which eyes almost look invisible because he glares too much) and the other is Nam Woohyun (who grins like an idiot despite his watery eyes). Dongwoo stands beside Sunggyu, his eyes glancing amusedly around Sunggyu and Woohyun, silently thinking who will win in this match.

“Why are you here, Nam?” Sunggyu asks when he finally gave up and decided to blink.

“Keeping a friend company. Isn’t that obvious?” Woohyun grin become wider than before. Sunggyu scoffs and turns his eyes towards the lifeless body on the seat in front of Woohyun. “What about you, hyung?”

“I want to return the CD I borrowed from Sungyeol,” Sunggyu pulls a CD out from his jacket pocket. “I never thought you’d be in the library. If Myungsoo didn’t tell me, I—“

Suddenly, the lifeless body that belongs to Lee Sungyeol stands up quickly from his seat. His eyes turn towards Sunggyu before he growls. “Myungsoo is NOT throwing me away…”

“S-Sungyeol??” he stares at Sungyeol in fear. Sungyeol might not the scariest person among them—he doesn’t learn martial arts like Myungsoo and Howon—but his mind is really dangerous, even Howon fears him a bit because of his brain. Who knows what kind of despicable thing he plans to works on you.

Sungyeol scoffs before he walks towards the library door. Sunggyu can hear he mumbling unintelligent words under his breath on his way.

There’s silence for a while.

Dongwoo (the only person who doesn’t seem to fear Sungyeol’s mind) leans towards Woohyun and whispers, “what’s with him??”

“Some screw loose in his brain…” Woohyun smirks. “Well, you can give it to me~ I’ll give it to him after he regain his mind.”

Sunggyu still staring at Sungyeol’s disappearing back in shock. “… okay.” In the end, he gives the CD to Woohyun.

After saying good bye to Woohyun (the librarian sure loves him if she let him stay after that commotions), they walk out from the library towards their original destination.

“What’s wrong with him? He acts strange… just like Myungsoo.” Sunggyu asks once they get far enough from the library.

Dongwoo shrugs. “Maybe something happen between both of them.”

Sunggyu scoffs and shakes his head in disbelief. “Geez, kids these days…”

“Hyung, you sound like an old man.”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu grips Dongwoo’s head in a headlock but the other only laugh at this. He can feel the corner of his lips rise up; Dongwoo’s laugh is contagious after all. He releases the younger, but he still has his hand around his shoulder.

“By the way…” he trails off, making Dongwoo looks up at him curiously.

“Was that blood I see on Sungyeol’s forehead?”

 

~~~

 

‘Is Myungsoo really likes Sungjong? He’d told me if he is. After all, I’m his best friend,’

 Sungyeol is someone who respects the thing called personal space (the reason why he doesn’t really fond of skinship, though he tolerates it if it’s Myungsoo). That’s why when he feels confuse, he often comes to the backyard of their campus, one of the place where student rarely come to. And that’s exactly what he’s doing now.

‘Or is he embarrassed? Liking someone with the same gender as you can’t be say as normal.’ He thinks when he lay down on the soft grass. The sky is really clear and the clouds are moving peacefully above him. The atmosphere make him calmer, but it still didn’t sooth his throbbing head.

‘Aish, my head hurts. He really ran away when Woohyun asked him about avoiding me,’ sighing, he raises his hand, trying to grasp the cloud up above. ‘Maybe he thought I won’t realize it, but how wrong you are, Soo. I AM realized it. We’ve been together since we’re in diapers.’ Clicking his tongue, he rolls around on the grass (he doesn’t care his cloth get crumple and dirty because he has no more class after this).

He stops rolling when he heard familiar voices on the hallway. His head snaps painfully fast (he swears he heard some cracking sound) when he recognize the voices’ owner.

Myungsoo and Sungjong, walk on the hallway together. They look like they discussing something serious yet fun at the same time. Myungsoo has this dreamy look on his face, the look he recognizes whenever someone praises his photograph or udon is served as his dinner. Sungjong looks elegant like usual, but the gentleness he always radiates whenever he talks with Myungsoo is there and for the first time, Sungyeol feels his heart throb when he saw this scene.

‘What’s this!?’ he grips his chest tightly. ‘My chest… it’s burning! It’s hurt!’ he glances towards the source of his heartache. Neither of them realizes he’s there and they keep walking.

Sungyeol sighs. He doesn’t know what he’ll do when he faces Myungsoo in this kind of situation. ‘What’s happening to me?’ he wonders; his chest still throb dully.

‘Am I… feel betrayed?’

 

~~~

 

Haha, what is this I can't even—I got myself in 'Something Is Missing' universe OMG and you know what? I plan to write more sequel about this story! I don't know, but I like 'SIM' storyline~ I feel like I can write more about this universe more lol~ and my writing style omg, it just so messed up I can't even—I don't know about my writing style anymore I just have to TYPE it!!!

Anyway, I watched TII ep 1—3. Believe me, as a MyungYeol shipper, I want MOOOAARR MyungYeol event. But you know what?? MYUNGGYU IS EVERYWHERE AND I JUST LOVE IT!!!! XD they look so cute together omg hahaha~ and whenever there's MyungGyu event, Sungyeol's face remain stoic and he looks like he doesn't really like it. His reaction is different than the other member (who show their displeased clearly or in a comical way). Admit it, Yeol, YOU'RE JEALOUS XDXDXDXD OMG HOW CUTE CAN YOU BE?????? And I just can't hate the actresses. Their sense are pure crack and I love them. Haha, I love how they make the kids fluster and everything. OMG I JUST LOVE TII I CAN'T WAIT FOR EP 4!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, thank you for reading GUYZ YOU ARE AWESOME :DD