Before The Fall

Before I Die

Before the Fall

 

In the middle of one of the coldest month of the year, where the snow covered most of the streets. Houses were brightly decorated and amongst the sea of houses stood Minseok and Tao’s home. Inside, the house was everything seemed to be glowing with light, and life as voices echoes through the usual empty halls. It was their annual family reunion and it was the only way for them to see their children again. After all, their daughter and son had a family of their and this was the only time to actually spend some time with their children and somehow relive the past, now that it was just the two elderly couple in the empty house.

The house was full of life and the amour of food could be smelled from outside. A middle aged woman eyes followed her father as she watched him seasoned some chicken and turn on the fryer.

                “Dad, are you sure you don’t need my help?” asked Minseok’s daughter Mina as she slowly walked over to her father and tried to stop him from putting the chicken in the fryer. “Calm down Mina, how do you think your father and I eat?” replied Minseok as he fried some chicken. “I don’t even think fried chicken is even health for you guys” said Minhyuk, their son, looking concern while he watched his father and Mina started to serve the dish.

                Tao had always loved Minseok’s name, and when Minseok was pregnant Tao had conceived Minseok to leave the names to him. Now they have three Mins in the house.

“They're right you know, this fried chicken isn’t very good for us” Tao teased his lovely Minseok when Minseok started to walk by him with his plate of chicken. “Yeah, yeah says the one who always stuff his face with junk food” Minseok snapped back taking the plate that he served Tao away from him and started to walk away, “Hey that was only once, and you were gone for almost the whole day” a very offended Tao replied and stopped Minseok from taking his precious chicken. They had finally managed to stop play fighting enough to eat their dinner with their children. Dinner was great; they conversed about their children’s spouses and their children, how their jobs were going and what Minseok and Tao’s had planned for the holidays.

 

When the happy family was finished eating their dinner, they decided to clean up later and make use of what was left of their free time going through their old photo albums. Mina ran towards the shelf, or as Minhyuk and Mina liked to call “Forbidden Shelf” that’s was their name for it and it just stuck. They had called it that because out of the many shelves that were full of family albums, the top one had some albums and yearbooks that belong to their parents before they were married to each other. But Mina and Minhyuk were not allowed to see what was in them, their parents threated them with sending their baby picture to their friends in the high school and collage era but now there was nothing to lose. Mina just had to ask “Daddy” she started, “What do you want Mina” Minseok answered, “Please” she said while pointing towards the shelf and giving Minseok her famous puppy eyes, no one could resist her puppy eyes.  Minseok sighed, and looked over at Tao noticing that Minhyuk was also giving him the puppy eyes, “fine” both Minseok and Tao said, “but just this once” they said while they watched their kids get their hands on their old high school yearbook.

                “Ha-ha, look Minhyuk, this is what father looked like when he was in high school” Mina said while shoving the photo album in Minhyuk’s face. “Wow dad you were all emo back then?” Minhyuk questioned his father as he looked at the picture. “Yeah your dad was really something back then” Answered Minseok.

 

* A very slow beginning with some horrible grammar. Je suis désolé(sorry).