Prelude to the Madness

Suddenly Last Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you guys really sure about this?”

Tiffany pinched the bridge of her nose, counting from one to ten in her head in Korean… and then in English. She lost count of the many times that she was asked the question and the many variations it was asked. “Yes, we’re sure.” She opened her eyes. “Celebrating four birthdays together seemed the most practical way to go so that’s what we’re doing.”

“By having twenty people living under the same roof for two weeks?” Lee Donghae shot the three masterminds an incredulous look. “Don’t get me wrong, alright? It’s really nice of your family to allow us to use your beach house, Fany, but… really.”

“Oh, ye of little faith. Everything’s going to be fine.” The sound of the doorbell stopped Heechul from saying anything else; the currently red haired man excusing himself to answer the door.

“I know it’s going to be a little cramped and all but trust me, it’s going to be fun.” Tiffany beamed, absently reaching for her boyfriend’s hand; Nichkhun Horvejkul intertwining their fingers together. “Besides, when’s the last time all had a really long vacation together? I really miss everyone. Don’t you?”

“Of course, I do and–”

“Sorry I’m late. I had to pass by Yoona’s place and I…” Kwon Yuri trailed off, having just entered the den of Tiffany’s house where the apparent gathering was when her gaze fell on a stranger seated beside Nichkhun.

“That’s Ok Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Tiffany’s best friend.” Heechul stage whispered to her as he brushed past, resuming his seat beside Jessica Jung. “Taecyeon, this is Kwon Yuri.”

The aforementioned tall, dark haired hunk was soon on his feet; a charming smile on his face as he held out a hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Same here,” a beat passed and her eyebrows shot up. “So I take it your part of this crazy trip to Jeju?”

“What’s with all the pessimism?” Heechul rolled his eyes before Taecyeon could reply, waiting until Yuri had greeted everyone else and she and Taecyeon both had seated. “Come on, guys. We’re going to have one of the best summers of our lives… and I get to have a kickass birthday celebration so what’s there to lose?”

“Our sanity?” Leeteuk snorted. “And how come our birthdays are counted? If we’re getting there on the 18th and leaving on August 2, our birthdays aren’t included. Yours was two days ago.”

He waved it off easily. “Details, details… It’s still July.”

Kim Taeyeon arched an eyebrow. “And just who are the twenty people coming along for this?”

“Aside from us, there’s uh…” Jessica glanced at the list on her lap. “Jaejoong, Amber, Sulli, Yoona, of course Taemin, his girlfriend, Son Naeun, Sooyoung and Kai… and Changmin , Minho and Kyuhyun.”

If at all possible, Yuri, Taeyeon, Leeteuk and Donghae all blanched momentarily in their seats. “Moe, Larry and Curly are coming?” Leeteuk groaned.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun exchanged a look. “The Three Stooges?” Nichkhun shot his girlfriend a questioning look.

“Moe, Larry, and Curly, or the Trouble , or Huey, Dewey and Louie, or Chico, Harpo and Groucho, or asshat, assclown and asstard, depending on who’s being asked, are Cho Kyuhyun, Shim Changmin and Choi Minho.” Heechul shook his head. “Trust me, you’ll know it’s them the moment you see them.”

Taecyeon blinked. “They seem really… interesting.”

“You have no idea.” Leeteuk smiled wryly.

 “How many rooms are there and how many people can fit in a room?” Yuri asked. “Because I’m sure not everyone’s going to be happy about sharing bed space.”

“Well, my dad said that the master’s bedroom is already off limits so… there are four bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs.” Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed in thought. “Each bed can sleep two comfortably and they all have a pull out bed that can sleep two more if need be. The sofas in the TV room can sleep four too.”

Taeyeon nodded slowly. “And how many bathrooms?”

“One upstairs and one downstairs… Oh, and one of the bedrooms upstairs has its own bathroom.”

Donghae made a face, “why do I have this feeling that the Trouble will take the TV room while none of us men will have a chance to get the room with its own bathroom?”

“How about the food?” Leeteuk asked all of a sudden. “I’ve got this feeling that your family won’t be okay with all twenty of us leeching off your household help.”

Tiffany smiled sheepishly. “Actually… We kinda have to be the ones to cook our own food and do the grocery and clean up. Dad didn’t think it’s fair for the household help if they’d have to wait on all of us even if it’s what they’re paid for.”

He held a hand up. “It’s understandable, Fany. I don’t think it’s going to be any problem if we do the cooking and if we have to spend for the groceries. If anyone has a problem with it, it’s too damn bad.”

“Can we enforce some rule that Changmin, Kyuhyun and Minho cannot be in the kitchen, for whatever circumstance, all at the same time?” Taeyeon shot Tiffany a pointed look. “The last time they were, they made a royal mess out of my kitchen and used every pot, pan and plate I have.”

Tiffany shot her a look that clearly meant ‘duh’. “The only time I’ll allow all three of them to cook together is when I want the beach house to blow up.”

“Changmin can cook.”

“He can,” she turned to Yuri as she spoke. “But when Kyuhyun and Minho are in the kitchen with him, he kinda forgets that he can cook and starts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter