Why Can't You See?

Why Can't You See?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Why Can't You See?

Playlist ►

It's Alright, It's Love - Davichi

The Space Between - Urban Zakapa & Soyu

All of a Sudden - Krystal

 

Min Young

 

I, Kim Min Young. Yes, that's my name. It's so common right? My school almost 1/3 have the same Min Youngs as me. In South Korea, almost 20,000 have the same Kim Min Youngs as me. I am a nerdy girl with thick glasses.

 

I'm not really as nerdy as what people said because I, myself hate studying. I'm just a typical high schooler that wear thick glasses and people like queeka and kingka, they all like calling me a nerd.

 

People will start judging me when I say this–  I am in love with the hottest guy in my school.

 

One day, that one faithful day. I picked up all my courage and decided to confessed to him. I told him that I liked him. Like a lot.

 

"Thank you." Jimin said, smiling at her.

 

For a moment right there, I really thought, just maybe I might have a chance.

 

"Ji Young, is it? You made me laugh you know. Nobody would like a girl like you!" He smirked and walked away.

 

If there is a stethoscope right now, you could hear my heart shattered into pieces. I just can't believe that he would say something like that. I was heartbroken. I was devastated.

 

I ran away. I didn't want to see his face ever again. I did not expect someone as friendly and easy-going as Jimin is that mean and cruel.

 

Or maybe it's just me, that is blindly in love with him, that I didn't even see this side of him. Guess this is what they always said, love is blind. Even though he hurts me, I still like him a lot.

 

All these painful thoughts and confusing feelings ran through my head. My teary eyes, blurred my visions. I did not see where I was heading until I bumped into someone and fell down.

 

At that moment, I felt really stupid for being this way. For being this weak. I looked up to see who is it. I gasped.

 

I know I bumped into someone. Not just anyone but Jung Kook. Jeon Jung Kook.

 

"Woah! You okay?" He held out his hand to help me up, but I ignored it.

 

He is one of the people that I would like to ignore and stay away. Because, Jung Kook just isn't anyone in this school.

 

He is one of Ji Min's best friend. They've known each other since they were young. And also one of the hottest guy in the school.

 

"Min Young-ssi? What happened to you– why are you crying?" My heart softened when I heard his caring and gentle voice. 

 

More suprisingly is that he actually knows my name. This might sound weird but– I love the way he says my name. He make me feel like there's actually people that cared for me. If there's really any.

 

I looked at him with teary eyes and shook my head, implying nothing happened.

 

I stood up and walked away as fast as I can because I know that my tears will fall anytime soon and I didn't want Jung Kook to see this side of me. This weak and vulnerable side of me.

 

But before I could walk that far away from him, he grabbed my wrist and pull me back.

 

"Min Young-ssi, what really happened?" He then asked me very seriously. We had this intense eye contact battle. If really looks could kill, both of us would be dead by now.

 

I break away the eye contact and just stood there without saying a word. Awkward. If that what I could described the situation right now. One, we barely know each other. Two, Jeon Jung Kook is holding on my right wrist, still not letting go, gaining a few passerby's attention. I hate attention.

 

"Jung Kook-ssi. I really don't wanna talk about it right now. And I hate attention, can you just let go of my wrist?" I asked politely. I rarely snapped. If I did, I don't even think I could control my anger- my emotion right now.

 

"No." He protested. Why is he so stubborn?

 

"Please." I begged. This time he held my wrist tighter than before.

 

"I–It hurts." I held my wrist and he quickly let go.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be that harsh. I–I was just– can't you really tell me what happened to you?" His voice turns soft and gentle. 

 

When he asked me again, I feel like breaking down and just cry. 

 

"I–" Before I could even talk, he grabbed my left wrist this time and pulled me somewhere. Why is he so nice to me? 

 

We reached the school's garden. The garden was breathtaking. I never knew such beautiful place exist in our school. We stopped walking and he stood in front of me.

 

"Why are we here?" I asked, worried. Who knows what he gonna do to me.

 

"We can talk without anyone looking at us now right?" I looked at him, surprised by his answer. Can I even trust a guy that I barely know? I don't know. 

 

We sat down at a bench under the big zelkova tree. We sat there for don't know how long but I still didn't utter a word and he didn't rushed me. But this time, this silence is not awkward- it's nice.

 

"Why are you being so nice to me? You should know that if you hang out with someone like me, people will start talking bad about you–"

 

"I don't really care what people think of me anyway. I choose who I want to talk to and befriend with." He smiled. 

 

I looked at him, this time straight in the eyes and smiled. "Thank you." I whispered. "What? I can't hear you." He leaned in and flicked my forehead. "Ah!" He laughed out loud and smiled showing his perfect straight teeth and eye smiles.

 

I looked at him and pouted. I can't believe I just acted cute in front of him. I pouted in front of him. What is wrong with me? 

 

Playlist ►

The Space Between - Urban Zakapa & Soyu

 

Jung Kook

 

"What?! Seriously he did that? That's it! I'm gonna beat the crap out of him! I don't even know why I'm his best friend sometimes for Pete's sake!" I said angrily. I balled my right hand into a fist.

 

"No! Jung Kook-ssi! Don't do it! I-It's not his fault. I was the foolish one." She protested.

 

"But Min Young-ssi!" I heard the school's bell chimed and was feeling extremly irritated.


"No! Really, it's okay. The bell rang, I–I should go now." She said.


"Min Young." I grabbed her by her wrist. "Don't go."

 

I looked into her beautiful brown orbs and felt something warm and fuzzy in my stomach. She looked away. She gently took her wrist out of my grasp and walked away from me with tears in her eyes again.

 

Dammit, Jung Kook! You really did it this time! That girl just left you! I mentally cursed.

 

After school, I walked back home with my hands stuffed in my pocket. Thoughts of Min Young crying because of that jerk just pissed me off.

 

"I don't want Min Young to get hurt by that jackass." I whispered into the cold thin air. I just wanted to show her that I like her.

 

Yes. I like her. 

 

I wanted to show her that I actually care for her like no one did. But Min Young is just too naive and oblivious to notice. 

 

I like the way she is. She's not fake. She doesn't wear thick makeup to school or purposely wear short skirt to show off her legs. She's natural. Simple yet beautiful at the same time. Nobody realize it because of those thick glasses of hers. 

 

Playlist ►

It's Alright, It's Love - Davichi

 

Few days later, I was walking along the empty hallway. Well, it was empty because I was skipping class again. I'm not praising myself or anything, but in terms of economic, I'm pretty good. I always in between the top 20. That's not that bad right.

 

Yet again, as I was walking at the empty hallfway, I suddenly felt someone bumped into me again. Real hard. I fell on the ground and I realized it was Min Young that fell on top of me. 

 

She seemed to not know whom she fell on. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" She asked, panicking. When she seems to know who she crashed into, she gasped.

 

"Jung Kook-ssi! I–I'm so sorry, I'm very very sorry! I should have been more careful– I'm sorry!" She bowed a few times.

 

"Min Young, stop saying you're sorry. It's alright really– I'm alright! See?" I stood up and dusted off imaginary dust on me and started jumping up and down so that she will believe me.

 

Her head still hung low because s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter