Chapter 2

Notting Hill in Seoul

Minho scurried ahead, coming up on his house quickly. He struggled to get his keys out of his pocket as he stood in front of the blue door. Minho didn’t see Kibum smiling behind him, but he managed to get his keys out and unlock the door. They went inside and Minho quickly set down all of his things and scrambled around towards the laundry room. He returned, finding Kibum waiting expectantly beside his fridge. He mustered a nervous smile.

“I’m so sorry. I’ll put it in the wash with some bleach and fabric softener immediately. You can wear this in the meanwhile.”

He offered Kibum a shirt. The actor took it without a word, looking around. He raised an eyebrow at Minho and the taller knew what he wanted. He motioned to the bathroom just up the stairs. The actor disappeared up the stairs without a word still. Minho began to prepare coffee as he waited. Kibum returned with his shirt in hand, offering it to Minho.

After Minho had put the shirt in the wash and served coffee, he took in the shorter man’s appearance in his t-shirt. Kibum looked absolutely adorable, his lithe physique seeming tiny in Minho’s oversized shirt. Without his shoes on, Minho realized Kibum was actually not too tall. Kibum was looking around Minho’s kitchen, his hands gripping his mug. Minho leaned awkwardly against his sink with his own mug.

“So, do you always spill coffee on celebrities you like?” Kibum asked.

Minho felt his face flush hotly. Kibum remembered him.

“N-No. It was totally an accident. I’m really, really sorry.”

Kibum laughed cheerily. “I’m just joking. Your house is decorated very nicely.”

“Thank you. It’s just a few art pieces here and there.”

Kibum nodded, looking around some more. Minho prayed that Jonghyun wasn’t home and wouldn’t appear. He didn’t need this moment to get any worse.

“So…are you in town for work?”

“My film is being released here in Seoul, so yes.” Kibum drank his coffee.

“Oh! That’s cool. Do you come to Seoul often?”

“No.” Kibum shook his head. “I actually haven’t been here in almost two years.”

“Oh…That’s a really long time.”

“It happens when you’re famous.” Kibum shrugged.

Minho frowned, going to check the washer. It only had a few minutes left. He then grabbed one of his business cards and brought it with him. He offered it to Kibum, who looked at him curiously.

“If you happen to have some free time and want to go sightseeing, I’d love to be your tour guide. If you want.”

Kibum took the card from him and looked at it. He smiled earnestly. “Thank you. I’ll hang onto this.”

Minho smiled. The washer dinged then, finishing faster than he thought it would. He told Kibum to hold on before he ran into the tiny laundry room to get out the shirt. He heard Kibum’s phone ring as he fished the shirt out. He put the shirt in the dryer and started it. When he returned to the kitchen, Kibum was hanging up.

“I’m sorry, but I have a schedule to get to. Could you possibly just bag up my shirt? I appreciate you cleaning it for me,” he said.

Minho nodded. “Yeah. Of course. Just a second.”

Minho pulled the shirt out. It was still pretty damp since it’d only been in the washer for a minute. The stain was mostly gone. He put it in a plastic bag and took it back to him.

“It’s still pretty wet. I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay,” Kibum said. “Thank you again for trying to clean it and letting me into your home.”

Minho nodded, not saying anything about the shirt that Kibum was wearing. He was just smiling at Kibum when the actor leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“Thank you, Choi Minho. I’ll talk to you again.”

Kibum then headed for the door. Minho’s hand came over his cheek, staying at the actor’s retreating form as his cheeks flushed.

“S-See you again…” he managed out before the door shut.

xxx

Minho figured Kibum would never call him. Why would a world famous celebrity call a pathetic book shop owner just because he offered to show him the sights? He carried on as usual for almost a week until Jonghyun bothered to remember.

Minho was reading on the couch, his glasses perched on his nose and eyes trained on the words on the page. Jonghyun was sitting sideways in a chair nearby, strumming on his bass guitar as his feet dangled. Minho had grown accustomed to his roommate making noise at any time of day, so he could tune it out. Jonghyun suddenly looked at Minho and stopped playing.

“Hey.”

Minho looked up at him. “What?”

“Someone called for you the other day.”

“What?! I asked you if I had any messages!”

“I know, but that day I was working on a song and I couldn’t let the idea get away from me…” Jonghyun shrugged. “I wrote the number down somewhere.”

The skinny musician climbed out of the chair and went over to the desk in the corner, pushing through all the papers that were scattered across it.

“Do you remember who it was?” Minho asked, closing his book.

“Some Korean with an accent. Ki…Kisoo? No…Ki something,” Jonghyun said as he kept looking.

“Kibum?!”

“Yeah! That was it!” Jonghyun groaned, putting his hands on his hips. “I could have sworn I wrote it down, but I can’t find it.”

“Jonghyun,” Minho groaned.

“It’s not my fault. He said to call and give some other name. Some kind of fake name…It was really confusing! I just wanted to work on my song!”

“Fake name?” Minho thought a moment. “Do you know where he is staying?”

“The Ritz-Carlton. He said to call and give the fake name.”

“But what could the fake name be…?” the taller man said as he went to get his phone.

He googled the number of the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul and called the number. He stared at Jonghyun as the elder man’s eyebrows squished together, trying to figure out what the name had been. He began to panic as it rang.

“Remember.”

“It was something French…”

The receptionist answered and Minho gulped. “H-Hello…Is Kim Kibum staying there?”

“I’m sorry, sir, I’m not allowed to give out personal information.”

“No, you see, he asked me to call him back, but my incompetent roommate can’t remember what name I’m supposed to give so I can talk to him,” Minho explained in a rush.

“I’m sorry, sir—”

“I’m not lying, I swear!” Minho tried to argue.

Jonghyun meanwhile was grumbling to himself beside Minho, deep in thought. His eyes suddenly widened and he threw an arm in the air. “Komde Garcons!”

Minho blinked. “What? No way.”

“Try it,” Jonghyun argued.

“Is…Komde Garcons staying there?”

“Ah, just a moment. I’ll connect you right away.”

Minho gaped. “How did you…?”

“I knew I’d remember!”

Jonghyun gave a wink and went back to his chair, picking up his bass. Minho just stared after him, completely in shock.

“Hello?”

“K-Kibum!” Minho exclaimed.

“Oh, Minho. You finally called. I was afraid you wouldn’t…”

“Well, you see, my roommate is kind of incompetent and he didn’t remember until just now to tell me you called.”

Minho migrated into his little office, stuffed to the brim with his books.

“Ah, I see. Well, at least he remembered,” Kibum said with a little laugh.

“So…were you interested in sightseeing?”

“Yes. I was thinking about your offer and I decided I should take it. Sightseeing would do me some good, I think. I realized my schedule will be free tomorrow evening. Do you think we could meet then?”

“Yes! Absolutely! I’d love to,” Minho agreed without hesitation.

Kibum laughed again. “Okay. Could you come meet me? I’m staying at the Ritz-Carlton. Room 321.”

“Yes. What time?”

“Hmm…Four o’clock should be good. I have a few things to do tomorrow, but I should be done by then.”

“Perfect. I’ll come at four,” Minho said, unable to contain his grin.

“Great. Thank you for doing this for me, Minho.”

“No problem. I’m looking forward to it. Is there anything in particular you’d like to do?”

“Well…I’ve heard of Namsan Tower, so I’d like to visit there. But, otherwise, I don’t really know. I haven’t been in Seoul in such a long time…” Kibum sounded a little sad.

“Okay. I’ll find some really fun places to show you!”

“Thank you. I’ll see you then.”

“Wait! Can I ask a question?”

“Yes?”

“Why Komde Garcons?” he asked, looking at the books on his shelf and pulling down one for Seoul.

Kibum laughed again. “Oh. I know it’s silly. It’s for my privacy. I like fashion, so I reserve hotel rooms in the names of brands or fashion designers. That way, only people I want to actually see will be able to contact me.”

“I see…That’s really creative.”

“Thank you.”

Minho was quiet, unsure what he should say. Kibum said nothing for a few minutes before finally speaking up.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Minho. Four o’clock.”

“Yes. Four o’clock at the Ritz Carlton. I’ll see you then.”

“Have a good evening.”

“You too, Kibum. Bye.”

He hung up and grinned at the book he held. He wandered back out to the living room and sat down on the couch. Jonghyun looked at him.

“What’s got you so excited?”

“I…have a sort of date tomorrow.”

Minho couldn’t stop grinning. He couldn’t wait to see Kibum again and show him as much as he possibly could.


A short update!

Thank you all for the sweet comments :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well.

Despite that I know how this story is supposed to go, I'm never inspired to work on it. D: I swore I would though, and I ended up having fun, so I hope that you'll enjoy it. The next chapter is one of my favorite parts of the film, so I hope I'll be able to replicate something as enjoyable.

As usual, I can't say when the next chapter will be up, but I hope you'll wait for it!