Chapter 1

Notting Hill in Seoul

He began his morning like any other, rolling out of bed and finding some clean clothes that weren’t too horribly wrinkled. After a quick shower he would brush his teeth and comb his short brown hair. Then he’d make some breakfast while trying to find his glasses and a suitable coat. Every so often, his roommate would interrupt this routine.

“Minho, before you leave I gotta ask you something!” came the other’s voice.

Minho grabbed his toast and went into the hallway, seeing the shorter man.

“I’m going on a date. How does this shirt look?”

Minho took a bite of his toast and just stared. The shirt had a large circle of red with details to make it look like a puddle. A plastic dinosaur head stuck out of the middle, which the short man affectionately flicked. In red letters which looked like they were dripping said, “I Love Blood.”

Minho just looked at him. “That’s not very…romantic.”

“Oh, right. I got it! Give me a sec.” The brunet rushed back into his room and returned a moment later in a new shirt.

This one was white and all it said was “Get It Here” in all caps with a black arrow pointing down at his crotch.

Minho groaned. “Seriously, Jonghyun?”

“Okay, okay! One more!” Jonghyun disappeared back into his room and returned yet again in another shirt.

This one was also white but it said “You’re the most beautiful woman in the world” with hearts all around it. Minho blinked. He chewed his toast a bit more before shaking his head in confusion.

“That’s…that’s perfect. Good choice.”

Jonghyun grinned. “Thanks, buddy.” He his heel and headed for his room to search for pants.

Minho choked on his toast then. The back of Jonghyun’s shirt said “Fancy a ?” He coughed as he recovered from the shock before noticing the time and rushing from the house.

xxx

Work was always slow. Of course, it wasn’t like he really sold anything useful. Minho owned a travel book store. That was all he sold: Travel books. He’d given up on being able to travel the world and selling books about it was the next best thing. The shop was known as Notting Hill because Minho had always wanted to visit London (and he could actually pronounce it). He usually managed the shop alone but every so often Jonghyun helped out or some of his other friends. Business was always bleak since most people didn’t need travel books. He barely broke even each month. Most of the time people walked in wanting something else.

“Where are the comics?”

Minho sighed. “We don’t sell comics. Only travel books.”

“Oh.”

The boy left immediately. He sighed some and turned his gaze back to the security camera. There had been a guy standing in the Egypt section for nearly twenty minutes. He was a little shifty looking. Minho was considering going to talk to him when the bell over the door rang again. He gulped some.

A slightly tall yet thin man entered the shop. His hair was bleached to a golden blond and short, framing his face just a bit. He had on a white hat, a green and white striped short sleeve shirt, baggy white pants, and some sandals. His bag and accessories looked expensive and Minho automatically recognized the Dolce&Gabbana logo on the man’s sunglasses. His skin was fair and unblemished as if he’d never gone outside. He looked beautiful and important. His fingers ran over some books as he grew close to the USA section.

“Can I help you find something?” he managed out.

The other looked at him after removing his sunglasses, revealing deep blue contacts. “No. Just browsing.”

Minho nodded. He watched the blond but when he looked over his shoulder and caught him staring, he attempted to appear busy organizing the books on the counter. When the other turned back, Minho resumed watching him. He pulled out a book and flipped through it.

“Kevin Woo’s guide on San Francisco is honestly the best if you want that specific location,” he chimed.

The blond paused a moment. He replaced the book and pulled out the one Minho had said. “Is that so?” He flipped through it and then hummed in praise. He approached the counter with the book. “You know your stuff.”

“Well, I’ve read every book in here,” Minho said bashfully.

“Any recommendations for New York then?”

Minho thought a moment before grabbing a scrap of paper to scribble titles down. As he did so, he noticed movement on the security camera screen from the corner of his eye.

“Give me a second.”

Minho went around the counter and into the Egypt section, catching the man by the arm who went rigid.

“Sir, did you take anything?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

“Sir, you put a book in your pants. I’ll need that back.”

The man grumbled.

“What’s your name?” Minho asked softly.

“Junsu…”

“I can check your person, Junsu. I saw you on the cameras.”

The man visibly deflated. Minho drug him back towards the counter where the blond was grinning.

“I’m going to call the police if you don’t remove that book from your pants,” Minho warned, reaching for his cell phone.

Junsu immediately pulled the book from his pants. As Minho placed it on the counter, the man gasped.

“Are you Kim Kibum?! Can I have your autograph?”

The blond chuckled. “Yes. I’m sorry but I don’t have any supplies.”

“What? How can you not have anything to sign with?!”

Kibum raised an eyebrow. Minho growled, dragging the man and throwing him out of the store. He returned and checked over his list.

“Would you like to look at the New York books?”

“I don’t have a lot of time. I trust your choice.”

Minho quickly rummaged through the stacks on the counter before finding what he wanted. “Kim Jaeseop’s guide to New York is probably one of the best. We just got it in.”

“I’ll take those.”

Minho rung up the two books. As the receipt was printing, Kibum asked, “Why Notting Hill?”

“Oh, uh…I’ve always wanted to go to London. And, well…I could pronounce it,” he admitted.

Kibum nodded, holding out a bill. Minho obtained his change and handed the bag over.

“I…uhh…I really like your films.”

“Thank you. I like your shop.”

“Have a good day.”

“You too,” the actor smiled before leaving the shop with the bag.

He released a breath he didn’t know he was holding. He had just spoken to Kim Kibum. Kim Kibum was a world famous actor. He’d been in tons of popular movies over the past few years. He was only 24, the same age as Minho. Although he was Korean, he’d grown up in Europe most of his life. He was fluent in Korean, English, and Japanese. Minho was a big fan.

xxx

As Minho closed up the shop sometime later, he couldn’t help thinking that his day had actually turned out to be sort of eventful. As he made his way home, he was making a mental list of things he needed to do. So consumed in his thoughts, he was not paying attention and smacked straight into someone, his coffee cup flying out of his hands. The other fell to the ground from the impact, coffee spilling over them, a small cry falling from their mouth.

“I’m so sorry!!” Minho cried, crouching some to get a good look at the other.

His eyes widened as he felt his heart stop. Sprawled out on the ground before him was none other than Kim Kibum, striped shirt now drenched with coffee and turning a dirty brown, books scattered haphazardly beside him.

“Oh my god…”

Kibum gave him an incredulous look as he attempted to get up. Minho pulled him up with a hand without any effort, quickly grabbing his books and the few other things he’d dropped.

“I’m so sorry. I totally wasn’t paying attention to wear I was going.”

“Yeah, well, you should,” the actor responded grumpily, looking around some.

“I live nearby. If you’re not in a hurry, I can clean your shirt for you, make you some coffee! I’m really so sorry.”

Kibum huffed some but nodded. “Lead the way.”

Minho’s heart pounded as he nodded, carrying the other’s bags and leading him down the street.


My god I've been working on this first chapter since March @-@ It took me until this week to finish it

Anyways, here is the beginning! I hope you all enjoy it! Honestly, updates won't be very fast because I'm busy with uni classes, homework, and like four million other writing projects, but I really wanted to get this up after working on it for so long.