Our Everlasting VIXX

[SEQUEL] Will You Be Alright Hakyeon Hyung?

A/N: Hello everyone, I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs.

Umm, the sequel doesn’t meet your expectation, does it? Am I too cruel or is it too vague?

So uhm, this chapter isn’t another sequel but more likely an explanation. But I put the actual ending in this story. And I can guarantee you 100% of HAPPY ending.

Kayso, I let Hongbin do the things LOL.

It’s written in different style, I picked Pikagyu’s Dreamspace writing style xixixi. It’s the best story I ever read. And it will be in interviewer’s POV.

Anyway, enjoy.


[I walk down the corridor, turning at the corner to the left and enter a prepared-room. This is my first time visiting Jellyfish Ent. Head Office. The small room is quite neat, most likely it’s been arranged well for this purpose. I sit in one of the chair. Not that long after, a guy in his early twenties comes inside after knocking, I guess he’s my subject. He bows down before taking a seat in front of me.]

Annyeonghaseyo.

Annyeonghaseyo. Lee Hongbin-ssi?

[He nods at my statement.]

Yes. Are you the interviewer?

Ah, yes. I’m sure my agency had called this morning.

I’m sorry I have to come alone because Ken hyung and Ravi have something important to do.

It’s okay. My agency had told me that you’ll be my subject.

[He nods again, ending it up with a smile. My subject looks calm, despite of thinking what to say on the interview.]

It’s been a while since I got an interview. [I see the corner of his lips twitches that soon goes wider. He’s laughing.]

Really? It must be boring to have nothing to do all this time.

Yea, but we still have something to take care of. Anyway, should we just start?

Okay, Lee Hongbin-ssi. All your statement will be recorded here. Just make yourself comfortable before we start. And since we need to know the real occurrences happened, please speak honestly, tell me as what it is.

[Hongbin shifts in his seat, letting a voice, more like clearing his throat.]

Okay.

Alright. I need your cooperation here Hongbin-ssi. Tell me when you’re ready.

[He freezes for a while, taking a deep breath. I see him putting his hand on top of the table and begin to relax his body.]

I’m ready.

Okay. Let’s start.

[I pushes the record button. The red light turns on, along with a brief beep sound. The recording has started.]

You can talk now, Hongbin-ssi.

Oh, okay. It’s about our past occurrences right? Where should I start?

Ah, our group, I mean our ex-group, VIXX, has been disbanded for about a year. I know it was hectic and I don’t even remember how our agency handled the chaos happened back then. We had our hard time too. Facing bunch of problems when we’re not ready to face one. We were startled that our problems becoming much bigger and increasing in such a short period.

[Hongbin pauses. He closes his eyes and lets a sigh.]

Our members and I didn’t expect something serious as suicide and all really happened to us. I mean, our group was all just fine and we never thought our Hyuk would be doing one. We never had a thought of disbanding either. I still can’t believe this happenings till now. Sometimes, I wonder whether this is a dream or reality. [He his lips, showing his uneasiness.]

Did you really have nothing serious, such a big fight among you in group?

We ever had some, but I don’t think it would come to this extent. We usually solved our problems on our own.

Alright. Can you explain what happened to Han Sanghyuk? It was the most shocking news in the media. Some of the reporters were repeatedly asking for confirmation before your agency held a press conference.

[My subject goes silent, he looks down, fiddling with his finger. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door and an office boy comes with tray on his hand, putting down two cups of coffee before going out. Hongbin starts again.]

Hyukkie. Han Sanghyuk. He was the youngest member. He was the mischievous one, but he was the most beloved member among all. We all loved him. And we’re still loving him. Because we thought he received enough loves from us, a suicidal thing he did never crossed our mind.

When I think about it again, Sanghyuk had this drastic changes in his behavior. He’d been always cheerful and having this silly habit, making fun of us. But suddenly, those cheerful smiles disappeared.

Since when?

Since Leo hyung told us that N hyung couldn’t talk anymore. He just locked himself in our manager room for the consecutive two weeks. He only went out to grab some meals. We felt relief he still cared about his health. I got him to talk privately and he only blabbered about his faults here and there; he kept on blaming himself on the accident. I heard he had a chance to see N hyung when he regained consciousness and found him sulking on the way home. And from that day on, he began locking himself in.

Do you happen to know what they’re conversing about?

No. Hyuk didn’t tell me.

And what did you and the members do about this?

We’d done many things in many ways to ask him out of the room, to bring his confident again; but it failed. Failures. [He shakes his head.]

I don’t know what to say. The day N hyung discharged from the hospital is the day Hyuk’s gone. We found him dead in our manager room. He lost too much blood. There’s this huge slash on his neck and a penknife in his hand. The room was all mess. There were writings on the wall.

What did the writing say?

It’s said “I’M SORRY HAKYEON HYUNG”. Some of them were written with blood. We also found some crumpled papers, drawings of our group, and some disturbing pictures on his laptop.

The crumpled papers, what are they about?

Letters to N hyung. It seemed like Hyuk tried to write down his overflowing feelings many times, about the guiltiness, the hurt feeling when he got ignored, and all. Seeing his effort, we found out he was clearly frustrated about this, yet he didn’t share his burden to us. However, we never found the actual letter. He must be done writing the final one since there were some blank paper remaining.

About the disturbing pictures, what kind of pictures are they?

Hmm, I didn’t quite understand actually. It’s all about cutting and slicing. You know, some people cut themselves to relieve their stress, sort of it. I didn’t really look through all of it, I just couldn’t stand it.

The leader, what did he do about it?

N hyung didn’t enter the room that time. He didn’t dare to come in. But, we didn’t pay attention to him when we tried to save Hyuk. It’s like, when you see your friend bleeding on the floor, the only thing playing in your mind is finding a way of how to save him, nothing else.

It happened that we heard Ken screaming, N hyung collapsed. After that day he didn’t eat for three days. Leo hyung had to bring meals to his room, despite of his busy days maintaining Hyuk’s funeral. But N hyung didn’t touch his food at all. We asked him to get back to his sense, telling him “Hyuk’s death is not his fault”. But he didn’t seem to hear them, or maybe he pretended not to. Those words were just endlessly coming out from our mouths, because his condition hadn’t improved. We were all worried. He’s just getting, what is it, weirder? I don’t know what best word to describe it. He started doing something weird, unusual. He kept on writing on a pile of blank papers. He wrote, “PLEASE COME BACK, HYUK-AH” or “FORGIVE ME” and else without stopping. Round after round, paper after paper. He even wrote “HYUK-AH, I DIDN’T MEAN IT.” and I’m not sure about this but I think there has to be something with their conversation on that day.

Did he do that for those three days?

Yes.

[I nod my head, taking few notes and looking back at him. He continues.]

We tried our best to stop him but it didn’t work. Leo hyung slapped him on the third day. He eventually stopped and finally got a hold of himself. Leo hyung’s face was all red, it’s clearly seen that he’s really mad. Of course, he’s tired with all of these stuffs. Especially when N hyung didn’t cooperate at all. N hyung is the one who usually controlling and handling everything in the group. Anyway, N hyung was called by our CEO the next day. I can still remember his sunken face when he went out the room.

He must be having a hard time facing them all.

[Hongbin gives a slight nod.] Yeah, he must be. But, it’s strange too. Our N hyung who was always bubbly and talked a lot changed into the opposite in a very short period of time. We just didn’t get used to it. The group was in verge of collapsing down before we really did.

What about the others?

Us? Aside of the great lost, we didn’t get much problems actually. We just need to be strong for ourselves and the others; and to let go what we should let go. Because N hyung was the leader, our responsibilities were all burdened to him. I heard him crying at night, but I didn’t do anything. I would just cry with him silently. He liked to tell his problem to Leo hyung before he went mute. They’re in the same age and I think they matched well. Leo hyung told me, he loves it when N hyung being serious. I guess I know now.

Ah, that explains it. Anyway Hongbin-sii, there is this news about N’s disappearing. Can you explain that?

[Hongbin doesn’t answer directly to the question. He looks hesitant to speak at first, but I think he made his mind before continuing.]

N hyung isn’t disappearing. He just goes to a certain place for now.

A place? Can you explain further about this?

This is my first time telling this to the media. I hope it will be okay.

Sure. We hope for the best for him

I think I should tell you the whole story from when it happened in the first place.

[I straighten my position, gripping my pen hard.]

Since Hyuk’s death, N hyung wasn’t in good condition due to lack of sleep and constant pressure he received. Those things led to acute stress, as you know. And when the acute stress goes continuously, it will develop to the chronic one, right? And N hyung has gone to the higher level.

[I gasps. Hongbin seems to ignore me and keeps going.]

N hyung was in chronic stress that time. We noticed it, but since N hyung didn’t let us to interfere, we just let it go. Wrong move. [He sighs.] N hyung needed us. We just didn’t find a gap between us to slip our courage in him. Leo hyung was the one who motivated us to bring N hyung back.

Wait a minute, Hongbin-ssi. I’m sorry for interrupting you. I heard the representative about Leo being in comatose state. It’s confirmed but we didn’t get a further explanation about it. May I know how did that happen?

I will tell everything about it.

Oh okay. Please continue.

Leo hyung kept on persuade us to make N hyung share his problems and let us help him lifting his burden. Actually it’s not a difficult thing, personally for me. But, N hyung already had this mindset about being a responsible leader and all, through hard training. He kept the burdens for himself. Four of us had done our best, encouraging him in every way possible, giving him supports. But what we didn’t know is we did it in wrong way. We gave him endless supports and courage words, but we forgot about something. We let him lose hope.

What do you mean?

Those supports were just the thing to cover his heart from what reality played, it’s not enough. We forgot to heal his heart. We didn’t cure his wound. And when the wound went bigger, the more dangerous it became. Those constant pressure changed him into someone else. I didn’t even recognize who he is when I caught him admiring our kitchen knife once. He acted differently, he’s not our N hyung, that’s what on my mind that moment. His gaze was just like seeing a precious thing for the first time, something like that. It was totally different. I was getting scared of him because of it.

Oh. Do you mean he almost lost his mind by showing those symptoms?

Hm. Kind of it. He ever had a seizure thrice before we sent him there.

There?

[He neglects me again.]

He liked to toss around, throwing our stuffs away. I don’t remember for exact when it happened, we found our apartment was in a total mess. The furniture went upside down, our stuffs were sprawled everywhere. I can’t describe how it exactly looked like because everything was out of control. We searched for N hyung everywhere and we found him after an hour. In the kitchen, behind refrigerator, he was eating raw meat. Can you imagine that? Raw meat. I almost threw up by the sight, the blood smeared all over his face. [He makes a disgusting look with his face.]

Oh God.

And you know what? We immediately sent him to a professional psychiatric and getting some anti-depressant drugs. But the drugs didn’t really affect him. Remarkably, months ahead he’s getting worse. Eating raw meat was nothing compared to this. He started to lose control of himself. He even punched Ravi in the face when he was forced to eat, he never used his fist to anyone. It became odder, he suddenly forgot what he’d done in the next day. And it happened quite often.

Okay, so when did Leo get into comatose state?

We’re almost there. [He answered without looking at me. I think he’s slightly annoyed of me being impatient. I sip my coffee and listen to his story.]

An accident happened. It’s our fault to leave N hyung alone in the apartment. We thought it’s safe to let him alone by himself. Again, wrong move. [Hongbin makes an X shape with his fingers.] He’s out of control again. All the members, except N hyung, including me, went to our agency to meet our CEO.

Wait, but you guys are disbanded, how can you still call him your CEO?

Even though, we’re disbanded group, but we’re still taken under Jellyfish Ent. contract. The agency still has responsibility towards us. They take care of us until today.

[I mouth a small oh.]

The day we left N hyung alone was the last day I saw him. When we’re coming in to our apartment, we found some of the furniture were broken. He might throw them again. The cushion was torn.

Leo hyung was the first one who discover him standing in the kitchen. He shouted to us that he had found him. And I think he stepped forward to approach him. I didn’t pay much attention to him, though. Ken hyung was cleaning the mess and Ravi was upstairs. But then, I heard gasp and thud sound, and when I turned my head towards them, I saw Leo hyung slumped down on the floor. I was shocked and abruptly ran towards them, I just couldn’t think straight. N hyung lost his control again, he stabbed Leo hyung, on the chest. The knife was still stuck on his chest.

He stabbed Leo? Why would he do that?

How do I know? Like I said, I think he already lost his mind.

I was crouching down next to Leo hyung. I lost my words. But I managed to yell at him, what are you doing? like this. And then I looked at his eyes. His eyes…they’re unfocused. I can’t tell whether he’s conscious or not. N hyung had lost his sanity. That time, Leo hyung was still awake, he whimpered in pain and I had to call others for help. Ken hyung called 119 while Ravi somehow knocked N hyung down.

We brought them both to the hospital. I went with Leo hyung while Ken and Ravi were with N hyung. We were all worried about Leo hyung, he was holding up with the pain throughout the time. He’s even asking where N hyung was, but I ignored him. I gripped his hand and oh God, it went colder on the way to the hospital. I was so scared that he couldn’t make it. I cried a lot. I kept on holding his hand, he didn’t let go of my hand before the nurses dragged him to the surgery room. The surgery took 3 hours long. And that’s when he gave up. He didn’t wake up since then.

It’s still fresh in my mind, the image of Leo hyung calling the unconscious man who had stabbed him. He’s so desperately using his limited breaths to call N hyung’s name over and over. He even asked me why N hyung wasn’t waking up and I had to answer with I don’t know, hyung. He’s in a great pain that time, but how could he think about N hyung in spite of himself?

I know he cared about the members. He’s the one who took care of us when N hyung wasn’t able to. He’s the one who arranged Hyuk’s funeral. In the end, he’s still the one who sacrificed the most. He’s the strongest. I’m wondering why he isn’t waking up; has he given up already?

What the doctor said?

He said the knife not only damaged the lung but also the heart. And it took around a year to heal completely.

How long has it been since the occurrence?

A year.

Oh. So, where’s N right now?

We brought him to the same hospital that time. I don’t really know much detail about it, but our manager told us that N hyung was making a commotion in the emergency unit and was strapped down on the bed. He was sedated quite often. The doctor suggested us to move him out.

Where did you move him?

Dongjak Mental Hospital.

[I, once again, let out a gasp. I can’t hide this surprised expression on my face. The truth behind it all is too shocking.]

Mental hospital? [Hongbin nods. His lips closes, forming a thin line.]

The doctor said he couldn’t be help by anti-depressant drugs anymore. He had to take an intense therapy. He almost killed Leo hyung back there. It’s not a small matter to take easily, you know. I met him for the last time before the paramedics lifted him on another stretcher. I called his name, I even caressed his head, but what he did was just screaming, shouting incoherently. He didn’t recognize us anymore. We haven’t seen him since.

And it’s been a year.

Yes, a year.

Such a long time, isn’t it?

Hmm. [He nods in agreement.]

Don’t you think that you should pay him a visit, Hongbin-ssi?

[He looks up] I should have.

[A strange ringing tone is suddenly echoing in the room. Hongbin fumbles his pocket and lets out a phone. He excuses to go out and I allows him. It’s not even a minute passed but Hongbin has come back to the room. His face sparks in delight.]

It’s Ken hyung. He said, Leo hyung is awake this morning. [Hongbin smiles wide. He seems really happy about it. Of course.] I guess, I have to go to the hospital right now.

Of course, you do. Okay, let’s just wrap this interview. Thank you for your hardwork, Hongbin-ssi.

No, it’s me to thank you for taking easy on me. [He grins.]

You’re welcome.

Okay then. [He bows down before getting at the door.]

Wait a minute, Hongbin-ssi. [I call him. He turns around, stopping on his track.]

Yes?

Don’t forget to visit your leader today. Tell him this good news to light up his hope. [He nods.]

I wish for the best for you guys.

Thank you. [The sound of door closing is finally heard.]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

[Nine months later, an article is posted.]

“VIXX, South Korean male idol group, which had been pronounced to be disbanded, is making their comeback on November 2015. VIXX is once again coming to the surface after being vacuum for almost two years. The idol group which previously faced countless problems has finally risen up, filling the once an empty space. The representative of Jellyfish Entertainment confirmed that they continue with the five members. It was said that the members are currently working hard on preparing their album. VIXX’s fans, STARLIGHTs, are almost done whipping up a surprise for their idols. VIXX’s leader, N, stated their comeback is fully dedicated to their late member, Hyuk. He added, the members have given their best in making the comeback. VIXX’s main vocal, Leo, said he feels thankful to the fans who are still patiently waiting and giving endless support. Not only receiving support from their fans, VIXX also gained many supports from other idol groups. EXO was spotted visiting Jellyfish Ent. Office on Sunday, delivering their courage. BTOB was also seen to drop by VIXX’s dorm. MBLAQ, TVXQ, B2ST, Girls’ Day, and MC Moon Haejoon were sending them video messages. JYJ’s Jaejoong posted in his personal Twitter account, saying, ‘We will continue hoping for the best for them (VIXX)’ and of course we will.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

[I feel my phone vibrates in my jeans pocket. A call. The caller ID says VIXX Hongbin.]

Hello?

Hyung!

Ah Hongbin. What’s up?

[I hear him chuckle across the phone.] I just want to say thank you thank you thank you hyung. [He chuckles again.]

[I laugh along.] Why why? What is it?

We win #1 on MuBank today. [A loud cheer is heard in the background.]

Congratulation guys. [I feel a spark build inside my heart. I don’t realize I’m smiling wide.] I know you can do it.

Thank you hyung. For bringing my N hyung back. [His tone goes gentle.] Wow, six months of struggling. I don’t know you’re a journalist and also a psychologist.

No, I’m just helping you guys, that’s all.

But, thanks to your help. We won’t be here without you. [I can imagine him smiling right now.]

You’re welcome, Hongbin-ah.

Though, I still feel sorry about that day when N hyung pulled out your hair. Ouch. It must be really hurt.

[I laugh.] It’s okay. My hair has grown longer now.

Anyway hyung, do you have free time today? We’re going to celebrate our first win in two years.

[I’m strolling over, facing my wall-calendar. It’s like I’m free today.] Looks like I’m okay with it.

ASSA! [He yells. I have to put some distance between my ear and the phone.] I’ll text you about the place and time okay, hyung. See you there.

Okay.

Hung up, hyung. Bye!

[I can’t stop smiling afterwards.]


A/N: HAPPY ENDING finally. I won’t make you cry anymore kkk. The interviewer did a good job, didn’t he? LOL

Thank you for reading :)

Comments are LOVED <3