PART-1

Baby Steps (Taeyeon Version)

In the history of humans love world, Taeyeon would probably win the first place for the category for ‘the longest one-sided love’. She had been in love with this guy since she first saw him on 4th grade of elementary school. Maybe 4th grade elementary school was still counted as ‘kids love’ but she knew he was the one. The feeling was right there. Ever since then until high school, they were best friends.

When they grew in puberty age, she blossomed into a beautiful flower and had many fan boys, but in her eyes, there’s only him.

My scrunched up feeling keep seeping out

Because they were friends, Taeyeon felt insecure of getting closer to him more than as a friend. She had a feeling that he would probably go further than her if he found out about her feelings. She’s afraid to take a step forward to him.

What’s even more saddening was the fact that she could see him, but she couldn’t touch him. When she tried to erase the feeling, the more she was falling to him.

The more I cover up my eyes, the clearer I see you

Whenever they went somewhere together, she felt as if they were becoming closer and hope rose in her. But again, he would say things like ‘best friend forever’ and her hopes once again crushed down.

When she tried to read his eyes, it was so hard that she became cautious around him. With trembling steps, she carefully approached him, putting on a smile and hide her feelings that she afraid might show in her eyes.

But now, that they are in high school, hiding her feelings had become harder and she tried to cover it by putting a barrier between them.

I hide because my small shadow might be seen

“Taeyeon, are you okay?”

His sweet voice asked her as she covered her trembling lips in order to prevent herself from crying. It’s been a few days since the last time she had talked to him, and he was worrying why she suddenly became so cold. She looked up at him and a tear trickled down her cheek.

Again today, I walked towards you with tearful steps

Without a word, he embraced her, surprising her.

Until the day you will hold me in your embrace, I’ll wait you

 

I need you