An Advice From Him?

Confession Rehearsals

[Minkyung's POV]

 

"Lee Minkyung?" A familiar voice called, distracting me from what I was doing, staring at Kidoh. I turned to look at the owner of the voice.

"Hojoon-ah!" I exclaimed as I immediately recognized the face of my classmate before.

"Wahh, daebak.... is that really you?" He questioned, eyeing me from head to toe.

"Umm, yeah? Wae? Am I that pretty?" I joked. He chuckled and shook his head.

"You're the same old Minkyung I knew" he stated.

"Ha! And you're the same old Hojoon, old Hojoon, grandpa Hojoon, creepy old man Hojoon!" I spat and laughed at my own joke.

"Says the youngest member of Playlist" he said, sarcasm dripping out from his words. I laughed.

"I was just joking, I know, we're in the same age" I said, making him chuckle.

"I never knew you can be this well-mannered" he said, recalling the greetings we had a while ago.

"Why?" I questioned.

"You were the noisiest and the most ill-mannered person in the classroom before and now, wow, so mannered" he answered, clapping his hands playfully.

"Shut up" I muttered and he laughed.

 

After how many minutes of talking with Hojoon about high-school days, his and my trainee days and about other things, he suddenly blurted something out that made my eyes almost pop out from their sockets. "That's Minchan right?" he casually asked, eyeing Minchan who was talking and laughing with Seogoong.

"Y-yes" I stuttered, . "You still remember her?"

"Yeah, she's with you always before, right?" I nodded. "And also, Minjung and Minki

"I'm pretty impressed, you're not that old yet, you can still remember people" he gave me his infamous -face.

"Stop teasing me with my age, we have the same age"

"You're older than me by few months" I retorted.

"That doesn't make any difference" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Yes it does!" I protested. He just gave in since he it's usely quarrelling with someone childish like me.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"The filming is over! Thank you for the hardwork!" The director announced, bowing to WGM staffs, to Playlist and Topp Dogg. Both groups did the same thing, approaching every person involved in the show, in and out of the cam.

 

After the bowings and thankings, the staff started packing, getting ready to leave. Minkyung decided to introduce Hojoon to Minki and Minjung so she approached the two, who were unfornately talking to Minchan.

"Yah, Minjung! Minki!" Minkyung called, pulling Hojoon gently by the arm. "Oh, and Minchan as well"

"Eo, H-Hojoon sunbaenim!" Minki and Minjung chorused, giving Minchan knowing glances.

"This is Hojoonie, remember? My classmate during high-school, who knew we'd meet again" Minkyung introduced.

"Annyeong" he waved his hands at the girls. "It's nice to see you all again"

"Of course, we won't forget sunbae, right Minjung?" Minki said, elbowing the Maknae.

"Of course unnie" Minjung replied. "He was suppose to be the first guy to receive Min--" before Minjung can continue, Minchan poked her waist.

"Of course we can't forget you, it's nice to meet you again" Minchan said and faked a smile. Hojoon's face twisted in confusion, but just nodded at Minchan.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Unnie, eotteokaji?!" Minchan bursted, making Minkyung jump from her sitting position.

"What eotteokaji are you saying?!" Minkyung asked in annoyance. She was silently reading when her dongsaeng suddenly yelled at her.

"It's Hojoon! I saw him again! After how many years!" Minchan exclaimed, frustrated.

"What do you want me to do then?! I thought you got over him already?!" Minkyung spat.

"I thought too!" Minchan ruffled her hair in frustration. "I was not able to sleep properly last night because of him!"

"Eyy, then you definitely know what it means" Minkyung stated, finally calm. "You still have some feelings for that old man. His your first love after all"

"You think so?" Minchan asked, receiving a nod from her unnie. "So, what do you suggest I do?"

"When we were talking yesterday, he told me that he's currently single and his last girlfriend was a pain in the " Minkyung said. "Sooo, now that he's single, you know what to do"

"You mean, I....?" Minchan asked, her question trailing off.

"Jung Minchan, you're not a five year old" Minkyung stated, going back to her reading position. "Figure things on your own"

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Ha~ So cold!" Minchan said to herself as she rubbed her hands together to make them warm. She decided to go out for a while so she came to the nearby park to be alone and to think about things.

 

Suprisingly, there were few people who came in the park that day. Usually, lots of people visits the park, especially on weekends. Now, only few came, like that family of five not far from were Minchan is sitting. The two kids were happily playing in snow while the smallest and youngest child was giggling gleefully while watching her unnie and oppa play. Their parents were busy preparing their lunch.

 

Minchan enjoyed her view. She found those three kids cute, especially that youngest one. "Aigoo, neomu kwiyowo" she mumbled then chuckled when she heard the youngest one release her happy giggles.

 

Minchan's mood dropped when Hojoon suddenly came across her mind. "Ahh, why did he suddenly show up?! Why is fate playing with me?!" She ruffled her hair in frustration. She remembered the day when she saw him again, glasses and blonde. She had mixed emotions that time. Happy, because she saw him again, different and an idol, it was his dream after all. Angry, remembering how she was back then when she found out that he accepted a confession from someone, she felt stupid. Her heart was hammering out of her ribcage that time. He looked more handsome now, with those glasses and blonde hair. She doesn't know what to feel.

 

"Why am I suddenly feeling happy seeing when he was the reason why my life became miserable?!" She said to herself. "And yet, he has no idea" she added. She was getting angry at herself, at her heart that won't stop beating fast. "He was your first love after all" what Minkyung said kept repeating in her mind.

 

"Do I.....still love him?" She questioned herself. After that day, she couldn't sleep properly for the next few nights. It was him she was thinking about all the time. She felt weird. Her heart was telling her that she still loves him and maybe go and try to confess to him again but her brain was definitely objecting, saying that he might reject her again. She was going crazy.

 

"Haish! Okay fine! I still have feelings for him!" She bursted after debating with her heart and her brain. She finally calmed down and breathed slowly. "Okay, just in case we see each other again..."

"Annyeonghaseyo Hojoon sunbaenim...I was not able to- ahh, no no" Minchan said and decided to change it. She decided to practice some lines just in case they meet again.

"Hojoon sunbaenim, i-it's me, Minchan, the girl- aye, noo!" She groaned.

"Sunbae! Annyeongha-"

"Minchan-ssi?" Minchan stopped abruptly once she heard a familiar voice. Her heart hammered in her chest again since she surely knows the voice too well. She turned her head to the direction of the voice and her heart was not wrong, it was really him. She gulped and smiled nervously at him. "H-Hojoon sunbaenim! A-annyeonghaseyo!" She stuttered and bowed a little. Hojoon chuckled and bowed as well.

"What are you doing here? I mean it's so cold" he asked, noticing Minchan shaking because of the climate. "Can I sit with you?"

"Uh, yeah, sure" Minchan patted the seat beside her. Hojoon sat beside her and she swore her heart would jump out anytime, he's too close.

 

[Minchan's POV]

 

"Ahh, so cold" he said after sitting down. He turned to me and smiled. That smile again. I just smiled back at him and ducked head down in awkwardness, admiring the crunchy snow under my feet.

"So, what brings you here, sunbae?" I asked since that's the first thing that came to my mind.

"Well, I just want to be alone for a while" he answered. "Those people in the dorm can't keep quiet for once"

"Oh, geuraeyo..."

"Aye, no need to be formal! Just call me oppa, arasseo?" he said, giving an assuring but heart-melting smile.

"C-call you oppa?" I repeated. He's asking me to call him oppa?!

"Mm" he mumbled and nodded.

"Arasseo, o-oppa"

"Much better" he said and patted my head.

We stayed in the park longer than what I planned. He talked to me about things during his school days and trainee days. He told me how Minkyung unnie is in class. He told everything about him. I did the same. I told him how I was during high-school days, except for the crushing him part, of course. I told him how Minkyung unnie is or how Minjung or Minki is when we're together. I told him about my dreams and goals in life. To make it short, we we're getting to know each other.

 

"Chincha?!" He exclaimed as I told him how girlish Minjung is. "Minjung is really like that?!"

"Yep yep" I nodded, chuckling at his reaction. "She may seem to look mature around many people but our maknae is really noisy and girlish when it's only the four of us together" I explained. He laughed

"You guys are full of surprises" he commented and I unconciously giggled. Realizing what I did, I covered my mouth in embarassment. He just chuckled.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Ah, Minchan-ah" Hojoon called Minchan's attention as they made their way to Minchan's dorm.

"Ne?"

"What we're you doing before I came?"

"What?"

"You seem like practicing some lines?"

"Ah-uh t-that" Minchan stuttered thinking of an excuse. Can't think of any, she just sighed. "I was...practicing some lines, just in case I met that guy again from my high-school days"

"Really? Who?" Hojoon asked curiously.

"I can't tell you yet" Minchan answered.

"Well then, is this person special?"

"Very, he was my first love..."

"Oh..." he trailed. "Then, what are you planning to do when you finally met him?"

"I don't know, I'm planning of confessing or....I don't know..."

"Can I give you an advice?" Hojoon asked as they stopped in front of their dorm. As funny as it sounds since Minchan was refferring to him all this time, she just nodded at his offer.

"Don't rush him okay? Just get along with him first okay? Then, you should be prepared of his answer, whether yes or no" he explained. Minchan just nodded.

"Thank you for bringing me home oppa" She said and bowed. "See you when I see you" Hojoon nodded.

"Yeah, same to you" he said. Minchan smiled and decided to go in but before she can, Hojoon called her.

"Minchan-ah!" he yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Ne oppa?"

"It won't be difficult for you to confess to him!"

"Why is that?!"

"It's not that hard to like someone like you! Annyeong~" He grinned and with that, he.jogged away from the dorm, leaving Minchan frozen on her place.

 


I just finished this chapter when I woke up. Haha. :)))) owell. Hope you like this chapterr and please comment and subscribe! I would really love to hear yerr thoughts. I'm sorry for the grammatical errors and typos. Correct for me? Gomawoyong~ until next week! Annyeong. :) 

- nekochii