Final

Not So Lost After All

Dongwoo had always been the boy with too much love in his heart and flowers in his hair. A free-spirit, and if you must have a definition it’s someone who’s independent. However, as free as his soul may be, he’s reliant on that one person who brings him to that safe haven and his thoughts are brought down to reality.

 

     Howon on many occasions had been described as a dream-crusher, bringing Dongwoo away from his living large and virtually away from society persona to Earth. They so sharply contrasted together that they were undeniably and inevitably polar opposites, but, their gravitational pull to each other was so strong that some often joked that Dongwoo was the North Star, high in space and so little known about him and Howon is the lonely sailor; lost and praying to the sky, desperate for that star to show him to his destination or rather destiny.

 

      Corny, Howon always hated that reference. Truth is all it told though, how his heart ached for his short elder, his bright smile that was too-big for some people’s likings or how there was the comfort from this too much skinship that would annoy anyone if it wasn’t Dongwoo.

 

      Everyone loved Dongwoo, that was an international fact. Hate comments written about him even made Howon jealous whereas he received little to no recognition (that always hurt Howon the most). So much pride was swelled up in his chest for his hyung that no matter how much his ego hurt, would gladly stand behind him while he gets many fans.

 

       Not that Howon is one to pity himself, he’s had acting gigs. One of them actually quite popular, he earned a bit of extra spending money with that one, (he pocketed the money and made sure to schedule his off-day with Dongwoo hyung to make a date.)

 

      All the little things that no one, not even the craze-driven friends could notice despite the constant pairings between the members, is the complete adoration Lee Howon feels for Jang Dongwoo. His idol, friend, someone who he pictures being his significant other. Jang Dongwoo means the world, the entire world to Howon and he’s so hopelessly in love that he’s lost.

 

      But then again, Dongwoo is that too-bright kid who shines brighter than the North Star and Howon is the lonely sailor who follows him hoping for direction that maybe Howon isn’t in fact so desperately lost.