Still I Miss You

Still I Miss You

  

 

Still I Miss You- Infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_DPDQT6CQE

 

 

 

“Hye!” Myungsoo called, “Come back here before I tickle you later!”

Hyemi turned around and stuck out her tongue playfully.

“No!” she shouted loudly back laughing happily.

 She ran further away from the beach, which was now starting to get dark. Myungsoo, her boyfriend had decided to take her out after finishing the exams at school. She felt carefree and her heart was light. The only things that went through her mind were Me. Myungsoo. Mum. Dad. She felt like the happiest person alive. She had everything she wanted. It was more than enough to make her happy. Even the smallest details most people would never notice would get noticed by her. Those small details were all it was to make her day. She enjoyed being loved and loving someone to the heart’s fullest.

Hyemi smiled to herself, silently thanking God for letting her meet such a perfect person like him.  Everything about Myungsoo was perfect. Well, to her at least. The wind gushed passed her, tickling her back with the ends of her soft brown hair. She stopped in her tracks and titled her head, ever so slightly so they were looking in an upwards direction. The sky was a pastel blue, with gentle clouds, finishing the artwork. The sun was overpowered by them. The clouds were so close to her she could imagine herself reaching for them. While, the sand her bright orange thongs decorated with white polka-dots were stepping on was a brilliant silver-gold colour. And the way the wind carried the sand was like a kite attempting to fly in a gentle breeze. The tides landed occasionally, washing the sand.

God had definitely blessed her for letting her into this place; a world of never-ending colours and surprises everyday. Of course she had her ups and downs but she never failed to get back on track and follow where her feet were leading her to.

 Myungsoo finally caught up to her, breathing heavily.  Hyemi held her breath waiting for him to yell at her but only the unexpected came. He gazed down at her as though she was a gold medal he had won in the Olympics. No. It was more than just gazing. His eyes were affectionate yet fierce at the same time. They stared into her innocent and pure ores. It made her heart beat irregularly fast. He always had the power to do that. She quickly turned away, not wanting to be faced with such alluring eyes. He chuckled to himself and wrapped his arms around her thin waist, covered by a baby pink summer dress he bought her a few days ago.

“Let’s go back now, shall we?” he murmured softly into her ear with a smile on his face.

 She nodded stiffly, still mesmerized by his striking features and turned to go. He followed, turning away from the beach.

As they reached the car, Hyemi plopped herself down onto the seat next to the driver’s and shot a bright smile, much brighter than the sun in summer. The way her lips twitched upwards was a sight that could never be forgotten. Myungsoo felt happy just with her presence. Maybe happy was even an understatement. He got into the car and started driving back to her home to send her off. It was nearly midnight, after all and the temperature was dropping dramatically. They talked for a bit and then there was silence. It was a comfortable silence though. Not like the silence when a teacher yells at the class for talking. This silence was heart warming and calm. She fell into a deep slumber after about twenty minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyemi abruptly woke up. Where was she? Why was she back in bed? Where was Myungsoo? She looked towards her window. Her faded creamish-pale pink curtains were struggling to cover the moonlight. Outside, the moon was shining vibrantly through the misty black sky. A few stars were scattered where ever her eyes led her. She opened her window and took a deep breath of the fresh, unpolluted air outside. It smelt of freshly mowed grass. Perhaps it had rained just a few hours ago. Although the air was icy, she felt warm looking at the ivory coloured crescent moon.  It was just too beautiful.

After her mind was awake she remembered. She remember why she wasn’t with her Myungsoo. She remembered she wasn’t the eighteen year old that was untroubled. Right now she was the furthest word from that. She was now a twenty-three year old working studying at university. She was still curious how she managed to scrape into university when she was breaking down at that time.

It had been five years since Myungsoo left the world. He had died from heart disease. It was only until the final stages when he finally told her. He promised he would be there for her in her next life. He also begged for her to forgive him. Her heart cringed. She had tried so hard to forget him, after all, five years was a long time but somehow her thoughts would linger back to the times they spent together. Why was he playing around in her dreams again?

Unable to stand the sadness that suddenly filled her heart; she stepped out of her bedroom and onto the veranda. She shivered from the cold, but right now, that was the furthest thing in her mind. She felt sad. No. That was an understatement. Her heart was oozing with hurt. It was nobody’s fault though.

 Hyemi had no one to blame though. It wasn’t Myungsoo’s fault; she would’ve done the same if she was in his shoes. It wasn’t God’s fault; sometimes things just happen. The person with the most faults that she could think of was herself. She was so oblivious to those lame excuses he made when he has to go to monthly check ups at hospital; I have homework to catch up on. My mum wants me to help her at the bookstore. My brother is sick. I promised to buy my dad a printer. It’s my grandma’s death anniversary. All these excuses she had eaten. Month after month. Year after year. She hated herself for not appreciating his presence more. She should’ve loved him to her fullest. She was full of regret and sorrow.

 

She yearned for the nicknames he gave her, Hye being the last one.

 

She yearned for his smile, which would automatically make her smile.

 

She yearned for his voice, which calmed her down whenever she was emotionally unstable.

 

She yearned for his touch, which had so much influence it could turn her into a melting mess.

 

She yearned for his hands, which was intertwined with hers anytime, anywhere.

 

She yearned for his eyes, full of concern and tenderness.

 

She yearned for his lips, soft and pink, which captured hers, making her feel special.

 

 

 

But he wasn’t there to fulfil any of them.

He had long disappeared.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Author’s Note:

Ok ok there we go :D my first oneshot/story!

How was it?? 

Thank you so much for readingg! It really means a lot to me ;A;

Please comment, subscribe and add me as a friend! <33

Thanks for reading once again!