Chapter 1: The Beginning Part 1

LOEN's New Rock Boy Band 「흰심장(White Heart)」 - Application CLOSED

The night attacked with its cold winter wind. A tall man stood out throughout the crowd. “Bunny!” someone called out from the distance. The bigger man turned around to be met with a smaller female. “Hyunjae, I told you not to call me that!” the male exclaimed in the middle of the street. Everyone had taken notice of the man called Bunny.

“Sorry it’s such a funny name you company gave you,” she giggled. The taller sulked as he turned around to continue to his destination.
“Where are you going, Sungjin?” she questioned at his sudden movements. “To the company building,” his monotone voice surprises the smaller.

Her thin arms came in contact with his arms that rested drooping against his over coat that covered his surprising slim waist.

“Sungjin,” her voice filled with concern, “Aren’t you losing a little bit too much weight?” The taller looked down next to his side and disregarded her question.

“It hasn’t even been a week since you moved into the company’s dormitory, is the company even feeding you properly?” they stopped in the middle of the pathway without having made it that far. The taller unlinked their arms and continued on like it wasn’t anything.

 

It took the two an hour to arrive at the big building after being delayed whilst on the subway. However the two had yet to speak a word to each other after their situation on the middle of the street earlier on. Upon getting off the subway, the male spoke to the other, “You can just head home, I’m going to be late today.” Sungjin left Hyunjae in subway as he made his way to his destination. When Sungjin entered the building, he was greeted by staff and other trainees. Sungjin approached the receptionist asking where his classes were, having no idea where everything was in the big building. After having walked deep into the building with the directions given by the receptionist, he stopped in front of a door that read ‘Vocal Practice Room 2’. Though Sungjin wasn’t the greatest singer the company manages such as IU or ZIA, the management still had offered to give the trainee some extra vocal lessons though he was mostly recognised of his composition skills. In the small room sat two other males that were in the middle of warm up their voices.

“Glad you could join us, Sungjin” the vocal instructor sarcastically spoke as she continued directing the lesson. Sungjin gave a slight bow to the teacher as he closed the door behind him.

 

After 2 hours of learning how to manage our vocal cords and how to not overuse them, the lesson came to an end. The two other students left first ahead of Sungjin, but Sungjin still had a dance lesson left before he could leave to go back to the dorms. The tall male walked back to the front of the building to ask the receptionist where his next lesson was being held since each lesson was never the same. The receptionist directed Sungjin to the third floor of the building where dance room 3 was located. He thanked the female and continued up the stairs to the third floor where awaited him a class of 6 others. The room was filled with familiar faces, but he wasn’t sure of who they really were and what their names were. The lesson had yet to start as so most of the people were just talking to each other. Sungjin positioned himself at the back of the room where nobody was situated. Most students would put themselves at the front where the instructor was mostly just to show off or get on the instructor’s good side. However Sungjin really didn’t care for the class because all he needed to do really was just to attend them. Sungjin wasn’t required to join dancing classes before he signed the contract with company, but as trainees started to increase, the company had made a decision to test Sungjin’s ‘loyalty’ and whether he was really willing to debut. So the company had forced the male into the classes he now attends and forced him into the male dormitories.

 

The tall male sat down as he waited for the teacher bringing his knees to his chest and placing his head on them. He felt a presence walk towards his was he lifted his head his was met with another male student who gave him a grin. He sat down next to Sungjin and just continued to smile.

“Umm, can I help you?” Sungjin questioned the male, but was only given a smile in return. An awkward silence eventually developed between the two forcing Sungjin to move away from the strange man and continued to be caught in his thought. This however didn’t stop the other in following him even more.

Sungjin turned to the other and angrily said, “What’s your problem?” now having the attention of the class. The boy continued to smile is Sungjin buried his head into his knees again.

After a good 10 seconds everyone had just continued on with their conversations. Sungjin looked over to the other male to see that he was still next to him and smiling. Sungjin just looked ahead towards the mirror.

“Want to know something interesting?” the other finally spoke after having followed Sungjin around the dance practice room.

“Finally, you spoke,” Sungjin said in a monotone though he was still contemplating whether or not to listen to this nutcase.

“The company is planning to release a new boy group, but nothing like their previous ones,” the trainee whispered into Sungjin’s ear. “What do you mean? How are they different?” Sungjin questioned the other.

“This time round it won’t be a dance boy group like History, but a rock boy band,” the boy was yet again grinning at the other male.

“Well, it isn’t that new, there’s CN Blue and FT Island and many other rock boy bands, what’s so different about this?” Sungjin is much more confused now after talking to the male student.

“Man, you’re slow,” the other giggled to himself as Sungjin frowned at him, “They are bands from FNC Entertainment, not only will this be LOEN Entertainment’s first rock band, but also their first rock boy band!”

“LOEN Entertainment is known for being a distributer for other entertainments but also housing major artists such as IU, Sunny Hill, History and so many other artist, but what LOEN Entertainment hasn’t done is create a band before, so with this it’s evident that LOEN is obvious going to invest A LOT of money into this new band,” the boy continued getting excited in his own thoughts,

“Sorry for being late, let’s get started straight away!” the teacher apologised, interrupting everybody’s conversation and so commenced the class.

 

The lesson went on until 2:00 in the morning. Being the only class left in the building, everybody headed back to the dormitories, boys and girls splitting at the lobby with the girls leaving first. All the boys started to head out but are intercepted by a staff.

“Is Sungjin here?” Sungjin raised his right arm up in response to the question. “I need to speak to you before you go back to the dorms.” Sungjin followed the staff member back into the building and she waited until all the boys left the building to continue.

“I’m going to assume you already know about the new band that is going to form soon, correct?” Sungjin nodded at the question. “Well, I’m here to inform you that you will be the first member!” Sungjin continued to nod, still not understanding the situation, but his head suddenly turned to the now smiling staff and said, “Wait, what?!”

“You’re part of the new boy group!” the staff smiled a bigger smile to Sungjin. “But, but I can’t play any instruments….” Sungjin’s words started to draft off.

“When time comes, the CEO will speak to all the members, but for now I have to inform you that you have been put into the group. You won’t need to keep this a secret, but if you go around bragging about being put into a group, you’re position in the group will be reconsidered,” as a silence slowly began to develop the staff member broke it. “In around a weeks’ time, you will be called to the CEO’s office with the other four member, and there everything will be revealed to you. Now you should head back to the dorms!” The staff pushed Sungjin out of the building and walks back leaving Sungjin in the cold.

Sungjin stood there in a daze, unable to believe the staff’s words. He forced himself to walk back to the dorm as he is raided in the middle of the street by the other male trainees that waited for him after his talk with the staff member.

“So what happened?” the strange boy from before questioned Sungjin. They were left with a dazed Sungjin who just gave them a reply of “I don’t know.” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I'm so sorry this took so long, but I've just been incredibly busy with a school and other stuff. I can't make any promises right now about when the next chapter will be coming out, but I planned to split the first chapter into 5 parts to introduce the 5 members. Not all the members will have a long introuction like Bunny/Sungjin but because his is the first member, all the explanation of the new band would have already been told in this chapter. 

And so there are have it, the first chapter of White Heart! Thank you to everyone that has subscribed and continued to be subscribe after waiting so long for this chapter. 

All my sarangs from IU to you all <3 Haha