I Need A Hero

Holding Out For A Hero

Out of all of Baekhyun's failed relationships, this one is probably the worse out of all of them. He sighed around the straw of his mojito before taking another sip. What's bad is that he really starting to like this last guy too. He thought they were going to last for a while, thought they might have something serious going on but unfortunately, that's not how things went.

He was alone at a local bar that was just a few streets away from his apartment. It was dim lit and there was some jazz music playing in the background. He thought about calling a friend up and hitting the club instead but took back the idea. He had wanted to dance his stress away but tonight just didn't feel like the night for it. None of his friends knew about the break up yet and Baekhyun wanted to keep it that way for now. He didn't want to sit through another spiel on how that guy didn't deserve him and how he could do better and what not. He sighed again.

"Are you going to keep doing that all night?"

Baekhyun looked to his right. A man stared back at him, one hand curled around a negroni. Baekhyun took a second to marvel at the big eyes and almost elf like ears but found that there was still something strangely handsome about him. His skin was pale and smooth even under the minimal lighting and his brown hair was swept up and style simply. He had a cute nose and right below it were a pair of pink lips.

He might be good looking, but right now, Baekhyun was having none of it.

"Excuse me?" he asked back, trying his best to keep his tone in check but not doing a good job in doing so.

"You've been sighing since you sat down. I just want to know whether or not you're planning on doing that all night," Big Ears says.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and looked away. "If you hate my sighing so much, then move a seat over. I've had a rough day."

Big Ears cocked an eyebrow. "Haven't we all?"

The latter glowered at him. "Why are you still here?"

"Because I want to know what's wrong."

Taken aback, Baekhyun blinked before groaning and turning away again. "Listen, I'm really not in the mood for jokes or any of this right now," he said quietly.

"Oh, this isn't a joke," the man said quickly. "I actually want to know what's wrong."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and for a moment, he was worried that they just might roll right to the back of his head. "And exactly why are you interested in my issues?"

"Because you look like someone who's usually too happy to feel sad."

"Wha--" Baekhyun cut himself off, wondering how he even got himself into this situation. He said, "That doesn't even make sense."

Big Ears grinned at him. "Does it?"

Baekhyun just shook his head and refused to look at the stranger. He took another sip of his drink as his eyes stared straight ahead. After what felt like an eternity and realizing that the man was still sitting next to him, Baekhyun stole a glance at him from the corner of his eyes. The stranger had his eyes glued to one of the flat screen TVs hanging above the bar shelves, a news show currently on. It didn't seem like he was going to be leaving any time soon, much to Baekhyun's chagrin.

He sighed and didn't miss the glance thrown his way. If he was going to confess his problems tonight, it might as well be to someone he didn't know. "I went through a really bad break up today," he admits quietly.

"Ahh, I see," the stranger nods, keeping his eyes on the TV.

Seriously, the news couldn't be that interesting. It's the news, Baekhyun thought. But he found a part of him felt relieved to finally tell someone what was bothering him and since Big Ears seemed so interested in wanting to hear his problems, he went on. "Yeah, he told me that he'd been cheating on me."

The man turned to look at Baekhyun, his eyes narrowed and his lips forming a frown. "What a ," he said with feeling.

"Yeah. He was a total douchebag. I really liked him though. But I guess I didn't satisfy him enough. Now that I think about it, our relationship felt like it was falling apart for a while. He never really seemed to pay attention to me and I tried to do stuff for him but it's whatever now. He was nice for the last few days though but I guess that was just to make everything easier for the break up." He let out an awkwardly fake laugh.

Big Ears took a sip of his negroni. "Mm, tell me something," he said. Baekhyun waited for him to continue. "Is he blind?"

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, no?"

"I think he is."

"Why?"

The stranger turned his head to look at him and Baekhyun saw his eyes move down his body quickly, starting from his face downwards. He faced forward again and said, "He must be because you're pretty hot."

Baekhyun's eyes went wider than saucers and he could feel his face burning up. Thankfully, the darkness of the bar hid it well enough. "Uh, what?"

The stranger seemed undeterred by his own words. "You heard me right," he said nonchalantly, drinking from his straw again. "In fact, if I were him, I would've been more worried about other guys hitting on you than cheating."

Baekhyun stared at him incredulously as his brain tried its best to formulate words into coherent responses. "Whoa, whoa wait. Did you just say I'm--"

"Hot? Yes."

Baekhyun could feel his jaw dropping. "You do realize we just met? Like, just just met?" he asked almost stupidly.

The other shrugged. "I know. I just want to let you know that if I were him, I would've treated you a hell of a lot better."

"Oh really?"

Big Ears scoffed. "Of course," he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Suddenly, he turned towards Baekhyun, a new determined look in his eyes. "I wouldn't let you worry about whether or not you satisfied me. I'd let you know straight up. I'd tell you that you were special whenever you want me to and whenever I feel like you deserve it which would probably be everyday. You know what I would do? I would try to figure out all the things that you like and make your life easier. I'd do the little things to make your day better like help out with stuff that needs to get done, you know, like chores and what not. I'd keep you warm on cold nights and hold the umbrella over the both of us on rainy days." He paused to take a breath. "And lastly, I would never cheat. If I'm not happy in a relationship, I'd leave instead of being a total douchebag and two timing you. Those are just some of the things that I would've done if I were him."

He kept his eyes trained on Baekhyun and found the other man stunned. Baekhyun released a breath he didn't even realize he was holding. His grip on his glass was so tight, it felt like the glass was about to shatter beneath his palm. This random person who he just met a while ago has just said all the things he'd do for him if they were in a relationship and frankly, Baekhyun was just as confused as he was surprised. He did want someone to do all those things for him but to hear it from a stranger just seemed like too much. Looking down, he realized that during the stranger's little speech, their free hands have somehow gravitated towards each other on the bar counter, fingers almost touching.

The only thing that he could voice at the moment was a quiet, "Are you saying all this because you're actually asking me out or do you just want to get in my pants?"

Said stranger grinned and Baekhyun saw a flash of perfect, white teeth. "Both," he said simply.

Baekhyun turned away, completely flabbergasted with these sudden turn of events. "Oh my God," he groaned. "This is all happening way too fast."

Big Ears let out a chuckle and Baekhyun tried to ignore how low it sounded and how it made his insides feel all tingly. "Maybe they are," he admitted. "How about this? Unlock your phone and hand it to me. Don't worry, I'm just sending a message to myself."

"Are you serious right now?" Baekhyun asked.

"Do you really not want it?"

Sighing in defeat, Baekhyun reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his phone. Punching in the pin number, he handed it over and Big Ears quickly typed in his number and name. A few seconds later, a beep was heard coming from his own pocket. Big Ears smiled and handed Baekhyun back his phone.

"There you go," he said. He stood up and pulled out his wallet, leaving a couple of bills on the counter next to his empty glass. "I have to get going but it seems like my work here is done. I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you around soon, err-- God, I just realized I never got your name during that entire conversation, ha!" He laughed.

The shorter blushed again. This guy was easily a whole head taller than him. "It's Baekhyun."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Baekhyun. You'll hear from me soon." And with that, the stranger walked out casually, one hand in his jean pocket.

And that's when he realized he never got the guy's name. Great.

He was about to quietly curse himself out, hit his head against the bar counter, do something to express how stupid he felt at the moment when his phone buzzed. Taking it back out, he opened the new message.

My name is Park Chanyeol. Call or shoot me a text if you want to go out.

Baekhyun looked around the bar awkwardly but with a strange sense of accomplishment. He just sat there astounded. Just that morning, he had been dumped. Not even 24 hours later, he has some guy's number in his phone.

Well then.

This is going to be interesting.


 

lol idk what i just wrote but i had the baekyeol feels

raksaisme.tumblr.com