Old Friends, Anger, and Lose

Are You Willing...?

Your POV

I look up as a bored looking red haired kid walks right past me not noticing me up in a tree. I smile as I watch him pass me.

Who is the red haired kid that I’m looking at with love in my eyes?

He goes by the name of Choi Sungmin and I’ve been friends with him since we were in diapers.

I’ve been in love with him since we had turned 12.

We have a few issues cause I like to rub in his face that I’m almost a year older than him since I was born on January 7, 11 months before he was born.

I’ve never told Sungmin that I’m in love with him cause I’m afraid of how he’ll react to all of this.

I sigh as I look too see his ‘girlfriend’ Soobin, or wench as I call her, walk by on our college campus with her arms around another guy that’s not him.

I watch them wondering why his… I don’t know tenth girlfriend in the last 3 years.

 

I look at Sungmin walking in the opposite direction towards the school’s dorms.

I was lucky enough to have them let us share a dorm room together.

Our dorm is unlike some American dorm rooms ours is more like a 2 bedroom apartment with a bathroom, living room, kitchen, and small entryway.

 

I then look at his girlfriend and mystery guy to see they are walking too the only building that is hardly ever used and rumored to be a hook up spot

Why would they want to go there?

 

I look between them as I jumped down from my spot and decide to follow Sungmin’s girlfriend and whoever she’s with.

As I they enter the building and go straight to 1 of the rooms.

I look around as I look inside through a small window to see the wench kissing the guy.

I pull out my phone and start to record.

I listen to them talk to each other.

“Minjoon, why have you been avoiding me?”

She smiles as she kisses him again making me sick so I simply hold my phone so the camera can re/cord.

“Cause I thought Sungmin was getting suspicious of us. I don’t want my teammate too know that I’m ing his girlfriend behind his back. Does he not give you what you need?”

“Sungmin won’t even touch me like that.

3rd Person POV

Soobin, Sungmin’s girlfriend, grabs a hold of Minjoon as they each other’s face something that would make too many people sick too their stomach if they saw.

Still Jaehwa records it by keep her phone camera lense above the window enough to get it all without it really being seen… Not that the 2 people in the room would have noticed.

“Why are you still with him?”

“Cause he has money that’s why. I want to take him for all he’s got then the 2 of us can do whatever we want with his money.”

Jaehwa wants to throw up but she keeps a hold of herself and once that feeling passed over her she wanted to walk into the room and slap Soobin around.

Still she leans her head against the door to hear Minjoon say, “Now come now there’s more to him than that.”

“Like what?”

The guy shrugs, “I’m not sure but that girl that always hangs out with him must see it. She never asks for money from the time I’ve known them and she’s always paying for their food.”

“Maybe he’s pimping her?”

“Don’t believe it the girl doesn’t have anything that would draw in business.”

Your POV

When i think I have enough video of them having I stop recording and walk away knowing they are too busy to notice me.

I sigh as I sit down at a coffee shop and order a nice cup of tea.

I add some honey, sugar, and milk.

As I lean back in my chair I see Sungmin walk into the cafe alone… of course he would since his girlfriend is bonking his teammate in the almost abandoned room. -

He seems me and walks over, “Oh, Jaehwa have you seen Soobin?”

I look at my phone as I look back at him, “Sungmin you should sit down for this.”

“For what?”

“I have something that I need to tell you. That I think you should be sitting down for.”

I look at my tea cup and think to myself, ‘I can’t do this too  Sungmin again. His last girlfriend cheated on him. He really likes Soobin better than his ex’s.’

I watch as he sits down, “What’s so bad that you’re acting like this? Last time this happened you told me that my ex was cheating on me.”

I nod my head at that as I bite my lip, “Look there is no easy way too say this but Soobin is cheating on you.”

Sungmin looks at me and I see hurt in his eyes, “She wouldn’t do that too me.”

“She did I even have the proof.”

I go too pull up my phone and he stands up, “I don’t want to see whatever you want to show me. Soobin said you might do this since you’re in love with me. I didn’t want ot believe her, but she’s right. Look at what happened with you and a few of my ex’s.”

I look at him purely shocked by all of this.

“Sungmin, that’s not why I’m doing this. I just don’t want you to find out by someone else or too see something like that yourself.”

He scoffs as he looks at me, “Is that what you have to say?”

He goes too leave and when I go too grab his arm he spins around and I’m pulled back and shielded before his hand can hit me.

I look at him shocked ignoring my savior.

I peel away from my savior a little bit and say, “Sungmin… Were you going to hit me?”

Sungmin looks away from me and I shout, “Why are you angry at me? I don’t want too see my best friend hurt, but if you don’t want to hear and seem to want me gone after a 20 year friendship fine. I guess it’s a good thing cause I’m tired. Geojyeo!”

“What?” he asks purely shocked that I yelled at him much less said geojyeo.

In all the years we’ve been friends I’ve never focused my anger at him, but today I’m so tired of being treated like this when I’m just trying too look after him.

Sungmin goes too say something but the guy who saved me pushes him back and says, “She said leave. Now leave before I throw you out of this cafe.”

I look up too see it’s Sungmin’s friend Jungwoo and I smile sadly at him, “Thanks.”

Jungwoo shakes his head, “It’s nothing. Though it’s odd too see Sungmin act like that. He always listened to what you had too say even when it would show how horrible his ex’s were. What’s so great about this one?”

“I’m not sure… She kind of reminded me of myself when I first met her, but then I started too see her true nature.”

Jungwoo looks at me and motions for me to sit down, “Have a seat.”

I look too see he’s moving me too a different table since Sungmin’s outburst knocked over my tea.

As we sit down he waves over one of the waiters that the school’s cafe employs, “Tell me what you mean.”

“Oh… Kai this is the girl that I was telling you about that you look like.”

I look up too see a cheeky kid that I remember from elementary and middle school.”

“Oh, Jongin…. is that you?”

He nods and I smile at him, “Wow, Jongin I haven’t seen you since middle school graduation.”

“Yeah, so are you still ahead of everyone else your age.”

I chuckle, “Yeah I was lucky enough to be able to skip 2 grades.”

I nod my head as I smile at him.

Then he asks the question that I hate, “Was that Sungmin that you fought with?”

I nod my head and he sits down with us after looking around.

“It’s hard to believe that you would have fought with him at all since you 2 have been together even before I met you.”

Jungwoo finally asks, “You 2 know each other?”

Jongin answers for me, “Yeah, she was my first love.”

I kick his shin, “Shut up will you. I’m tired of hearing that. You confessed to me how many years ago? Drop it.”

“What it’s true. We met each other when she entered my school as a kid who started school way earlier than most. Even at a young age she was really smart. We went to elementary school together and middle school together than high school we got separated.”

“Yeah, this kid was attached to me. It used to make Sungmin so jealous. One time Sungmin hit him when we were in middle school I think it was when Sungmin entered the same one just to chase after me. He saw Jongin hanging on me and Sungmin ran right up to us and hit Jongin and yelled, ‘Stay away from the noona the only 1 who can hang that close too her is me.”

Jungwoo and I start laughing while Jongin starts rubbing his cheek while blushing.

I smile as I look at him, “Aigoo… Still as shy as ever aren’t you.” He looks away from me as he  pouts and I mess up his hair, “I was kidding.” I laugh a bit as I lean a bit on the table, “I’m glad you 2 were in here.”

Jungwoo nods his head, “Damn right. If he had actually hit you he’d be dead. Not just by me strangling him, but the guys would kill him plus there’s your very protective sister who’s a taekwondo champ.”

“So true. Unni would so have ripped his arms off if he ever harmed me… If anyone harmed me in anyway my sister would kill them without a second thought and she’s a police officer so there’s a lot to worry about.”

Jungwoo looks at me and shakes his head, “I’m not sure what to do with that kid anymore. Every breakup he’s been getting worse what’s he going too do once you get a boyfriend.”

I look up from the table, “I’m not planning on dating anyone anytime soon.”

Jungwoo points at Jongin, “Well since you’re Kai’s first love why not try to date him?”

I look at him and groan, “Why? I might as well be his long lost twin.”

Jungwoo laughs, “True… Are you related at all?”

I look at him and think, “I don’t think we are… I could always be wrong.”

Jongin looks at me and smiles, “Yeah, I also know that she wouldn’t fall in love with me… plus I don’t think my girlfriend would mind that.”

We end up talking for a while after Jungwoo leaves saying he’s meeting with the rest of his friends of Speed, a small band they created a while back.

As Jongin walks away I call out, “Jongin… Do you know a place I can stay for a while?”

“Why?”

“I’m not sure I want to see Sungmin,” Jongin just looks more confused so I add, “He’s my dorm mate since my uncle is the dean and he knows Sungmin and I are such close friends nothing would happen.”

“You can stay at my apartment. I share it with noona, but I’m sure she’d be happy too see you again.”

I nod my head, “I’d like that. Can you help me pick up a few things?”

“Are you afraid that you’ll run into him?”

I nod my head as I look at Jongin, “Yeah.”

Jongin looks at me before he says, “Let’s get your things.”

I smile as I nod to him as we walk to the dorms.

When we reach Sungmin and my dorm number I look at it for a little bit before I type in our code.

I look around too see all the lights are turned off.

“Crap,” I whisper as I look at jongin in the dark, “I guess we have to tiptoe too my room in the dark.”

When we finally make it too my room the light turns on and I turn around to see Sungmin looking between Jongin and me.

“What the hell is he doing here?”

“Nothing you have to worry yourself about since I’ll be staying at Jongin’s place for a while. I’ll only be stopping by too switch out clothing and that.”

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is I’m sick and tired of this Sungmin. I’m done. I’m tired of being treated the way I am.”

I luckily had my stuff already packed for a trip I was going to take with my sister but I guess it can be used for today’s emergency.

“Jongin let’s head out.”

As we’re about to head out the door Sungmin grabs my arm, “Let me go.”

“Is all of this because of what happened earlier?”

I shake my head, “no, not just that. Sungmin do you know that I don’t see the sky too be as beautiful as I used to? So the best thing for you too do is to leave me alone. Maybe if you leave me be my world can brighten again.”

“You’re saying that you’re world darkened because of me.. that you being like this is all my fault.”

I nod my head as I shake his shocked hand off my wrist, “Yes, it’s all your fault Sungmin and I’m going too fix it.”

I hear Sungmin say, “I don’t want to lose you, Jaehwa.”

I turn too look back at him, “Too bad cause you have lost me.”